Rutgers University

Rutgers University Employer Reviews

Typical Day
Building Manager, Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Camden, NJJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: flexible, oppurtunity to develop job skills, consistent hard work rewarded
Cons: no outlook, eat if time (not scheduled)
Each shift has a giant list of events that need to be prepped for each day, this can change at an instant requiring you to be on your toes. Events that are focused on clients outside of the university are in need of constant need and customer service. Upper Management doesn't have plans in place for downtime and that is where the job can come off the tracks.
It is a great University to work for.
Laboratory Researcher IV (Current Employee), New Brunswick, NJJanuary 12, 2014
This position has greatly advanced my laboratory bench skills and provided me with a great stepping stone toward future opportunities.
Professional
Research Crime Predictive Analyst (Former Employee), Newark, NJJanuary 9, 2014
• Analyzed 10-13,000 crime patterns trends, and provided rates of recidivism based on geographical profiling
• Assisted management personnel in planning the deployment of resources
• Collected and maintained, and organize criminal information from all available resources
Great workplace
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Piscataway, NJJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: seminars, casual work environment
Cons: inconsistent supervisors
I loved working at the Genetics Department at Rutgers. Everyone was very nice, supportive, and worked together towards goals. Sometimes inconsistent expectations were an issue, but it was a very minor problem.
good health benefit
research and teaching assistant (Current Employee), New Brunswick, NJDecember 14, 2013
a very good state university with lots of undergraduates
not very high tech and equipment for all majors
grate place to work, if you love customer service
Computer Lab Consultant (Former Employee), newark njDecember 10, 2013
Pros: flexible work hours
Cons: little room for advancement
I liked the job because I enjoyed sharing my skills with the students in order help them complete their course work.
I helped the staff keep the PCs up and running.
Professional atmosphere
Enrollment Services Representative (Current Employee), Newark, NJDecember 5, 2013
I handle 11 different program for the School of Nursing and the School of Health Related Professions. I handle the entire application process from the time the applicant submits the application, to the time they get accepted/rejected.
I also speak to many applicants over the phone and instruct them on our school.
I have learned a lot of administrative knowledge even though, I had a previous job similar to this one at Kean University.
My co-workers are fabulous but I feel the need to branch out and enhance my career life.
The best part of my day is when i help a student and they are overly joyed with gratitude.
Photolicious Photo Lab
Photo Lab Monitor (Former Employee), New Brunswick, NJNovember 27, 2013
Pros: independence
Cons: dangerous
This is just the best place to work if you're a photo nerd like I am. I was tasked with organizing, and creating an inviting space in which students could process their photos 24/7. I had no coworkers other than the professors who taught classes on how to develop photos. The hardest part of the job was the hours. I was there all the time. All the students had my cell phone just in case there was a problem or a chemical lost its potency. The best part of the job was having access to the lab any time I wanted and being able to print using the best chemicals.
fun and entertaining
Crew Member (Current Employee), Piscataway, NJNovember 27, 2013
lifting furniture watching the "block r party " making sure the football dont over drink
Scholastically challenging but intensely satisfying
Adjunct Film Professor (Former Employee), Newark, NJNovember 22, 2013
Pros: helped me promote and build my skill set
Cons: low wages
The Film Studies classes I taught allowed me to develop a unique curriculum for teaching Film Media Literacy that continues to be very successful.

I enjoyed teaching an exceptional academic achievement orientated student body.

The hardest part of this job was maintaining the paperwork generated by assignments
Looking for postdoctoral positions in Bioinformatics / Systems Biology
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Current Employee), New Brunswick, NJNovember 22, 2013
Well trained postdoctoral fellow in Systems Biology. Experience and skills in NGS analysis and computational biology.
Great University
Editor (Volunteer) (Former Employee), New Brunswick, NJNovember 12, 2013
Pros: great opportunities, great education, great location
Cons: a lot of people attend there so sometimes it is hard to stand out.
The reputation of the University, it's global reach, it's enormous accessibility to books, research tools, and academic supplies is top notch and is one of the best nationwide and worldwide.
Good to adjuncts
Part Time Lecturer, Department of Religion (Former Employee), New Brunswick, NJNovember 11, 2013
Pros: great flexibility, good remuneration for adjuncts
Cons: benefits weak, cannot develop into full-time position
Working as an adjunct instructor, I found Rutgers University to be accommodating and generous. Apart from the continued fiction that adjunct instructors are not part of the faculty, this position allowed flexibility for class times and most of the support necessary to carry out the task well. Students, staff, and colleagues generally friendly and caring. The most difficult aspect was the fact that the position was, and always would be, part-time. The most enjoyable part was working with bright, and sometimes enthusiastic, students.
interesting place to work
Assistant (Former Employee), New Brunswick, NJNovember 1, 2013
I worked in only one division/area of the university, so I can't speak to it overall, but where I was had idiot managers out of touch with reality and the place was a total mess.
TA
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), newark, njOctober 29, 2013
I worked seasonally to grade midterm papers. My professor was outstanding.
good exposure to latest techniques and equipments in research field.
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Former Employee), NJOctober 26, 2013
very interesting to learn new techniques, free to interact with professor and co-workers.
it's good
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Piscataway, NJSeptember 19, 2013
Overall it's good.
A lot of people working on the same problem from different background.
Exciting job working with youth
Mentor Coordinator (Current Employee), Newark, NJSeptember 17, 2013
Exciting job working with youth helping them transition through high school and into college at Rutgers University
Fun meeting international co-workers
PhD Student (Current Employee), Piscataway, NJSeptember 16, 2013
At Rutgers, I get the opportunity to meet a lot of amazing international co-workers. I greatly enjoyed interacting with them for the past five years.
Teaching assistants
Teaching Assistant for Genetics (Former Employee), Piscataway, NJSeptember 4, 2013
The professors in the division of life sciences are wonderful to work for, and the students are manageable with class sizes less than 25 in recitation sections.

About Rutgers University

With major campuses in northern, central, and southern New Jersey and extension offices and activities in all twenty-one counties, – Read more

Rutgers University Photos