Ruth's Chris Steak House Employee Reviews

Fun, family atmosphere
Host (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 4, 2016
So the typical day at work would be to clock-in, change in the locker room, grab a custom meal that the chef made for the ENTIRE staff working that day. Make sure everything is stocked. Make sure all the table arrangements are set up for the parties coming in later in the day. I learned that organization and communication is important if you want to have a seamless client experience. I loved my co-workers, very friendly and very welcoming. The hardest part of the job was balancing the large number of walk-ins with nearly booked reservations each night. I loved going into work everyday.
Pros
401k, health benefits, free lunches, room for growth, free wine tasting for eligible staff.
Cons
None.
Great but no benefits
Servers Asst (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 25, 2016
This is a great place to work but they get you with the benefit side. No health and financial vesting because all servers are kept under a certain amount of hours. Well managed but extremely corporate.
Great and fun place to work for
Server (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJanuary 14, 2016
Great company to work for. Few restaurants offer insurance to their employees but this on does. Great management and staff. I have been here for almost three years and have loved every minute of it. Worst part is the hard training that you have to recertify on every six months, although this only makes you better at your job. This is one place I would always come back to.
Pros
Great management, Friendly atmosphere, occasional employee meals, good training, and great money during the holidays.
Cons
training is long and hard. Alot to know but makes you better in the long run.
Learning tricks of the trade.
Bartender (Current Employee) –  IndianaDecember 28, 2015
Learning new tricks for bartendering and enjoy the people that I work with. I enjoy the fast pace of the upscale environment.
Good Company
Hostess Coach (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GADecember 22, 2015
This is a good company to work for, I have been in the service industry for five years now and this is by far the best company I have had to pleasure of working for. On a typical day at work I spend the majority of my time behind a desk, answering phone calls, and questions from guest that come into the restaurant. Opentable is the main system that I operate on a daily bases but I am asked to send emails, type menus, set up spread sheets on Excel, ect. My job as the Hostess coach is to make sure that the other host do their jobs in a professional manner and always make sure the guest is happy. I find it easy to help guide others to do their best. I enjoy staying organized and making the jobs of others easier for them. Teamwork is a main goal throughout the shifts and keeping a professional work environment.
Cons
no set schedule
Energetic staff with a fast-paced work
Steward (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 30, 2015
I like it. I've been there for about 2 years and still enjoy showing up every day. I am reliable for covering shifts and teaching the new hires. I am known for going above and beyond the standards for my job title. When other people finish their tasks, they assist me if they are able to because I do the same for other people. The staff there is very caring and they work together to accomplish a task.
Pros
Fun People, good food
Cons
I have to do all the dishes.
Day to day
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 15, 2015
What i learned at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse was that the customers needed to have a good experience and make it their best, for some it's not often that they get to come to a restaurant like that so we made it as special as possible, and that's what i loved about it. Management is good with the exception of some minor problems that can easily be worked out. Coworkers were good but at the same time they did things that shouldn't be done to any coworker.
Pros
Family Dinner, that was the best, also meeting special requests for customers and being tipped graciously for it.
Cons
Lack of communication between management and hourly.
good people bad job
steward (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 10, 2015
good people to work with but no family time and they are open 7 days a week 365 days a year and they want you to work thanksgiving and Christmas
Great Brand to work for
Chef Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 10, 2015
Good company to work for, excellent benefits, good work culture, a learnning facility. you should have your private life established before working there. it takes your family life away...You have to work all holidays.
Pros
You eat lunch as a family, 50% off Dinner
Cons
Take you away from family
loved the place but not everyone there
Server Assisstant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 9, 2015
I loved working at Ruth's Chris and I loved most of my coworkers. Although with that said, there were a few people in the leadership who used favoritism and only listen to some while others were sort of cast to the wolves. Great job just strange how it was ran, it felt a bit socialist.
Pros
free shift food.
Cons
unbalanced work duties in the FOH duties
Fine dining steak house
Server Assistant (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAOctober 21, 2015
I would arrive at work with a spotless uniform that was pressed and rivaled the suits that the elite guests would dine in.
As Ruth's Chris was being built in downtown Savannah, I trained along with an eager group of individuals. I learned all ingredients in salads, sauces, compound butters, and much more,
The managment at the restaurant were very knowlegable in guest relations and fine dining. They were insistant upon upholding guidelines in order to provide guests with the utmost of care and attention.
My fellow team of server assistants worked in an extremely fast paced setting to ensure that certain main dished came out smoking and sizzling!
The buiding that Ruth's Chris was built in was an old newspaper building and the kitchen was downstairs while the dining room was upstairs. To make sure the hot plates were still sizzling when they were placed in front of the guests, we carried heavy trays very quickly up two flights of stairs.
Since I hadn't had previous fine-dining experience, I wasn't hired as a server, but a server assistant.
I enjoyed my time at Ruth's Chris and I have dined with them as a guest.
Great Company
Front of House Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 19, 2015
Learned a lot about managing an Upscale Restaurant. Had a great managing support staff that was always there if I needed anything.
New Orleans Culture
Server and Certified Coach (Former Employee) –  LafayetteOctober 15, 2015
The concept started in New Orleans and has maintained that southern Louisiana hospitality throughout it many store location. They have however become more and more corporately driven and focused on the bottom line.
Fun and energetic work place.
Lead Server and Banquet Captain (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAOctober 8, 2015
Great place to work with great benefits. Professional and polished environment that encourages success for staff. Great development in bettering ones self in a professional atmosphere.
Good company
Beverage Manager (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCSeptember 26, 2015
Ruth's Chris is a growing, profitable restaurant business which provides great growth potential for employees. I would recommend this company.
productive and Efficient Workplace
Head Hostess (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 22, 2015
Well managed company with a friendly & knowledgeable staff.
Supervisors work well with staff and always have an open door.
Taught me extensively about customer service
One of my most memorable jobs.
A Professional Environment Full of Oppurtunities
Hostess/Hostess Coach,Server Assistant,Runner (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 22, 2015
Starting off you have to work from the bottom and work your way up through each position until you reach your desired position. A good way to look at it is you will get plenty of experience. During that time there are always training coaches during each shift to assist you in any questions and concerns you may have. Co-workers were like family.
Pros
Great pay, good benefits, friendly co-workers
Cons
Short breaks during holidays, open 365 days a year so you must be available during the holidays
Assistant General Manager (AGM) (Former Employee) –  Northern VirginiaSeptember 15, 2015
Great customers, high end businessmen weekdays and special occasions on the weekends.
My experience may be unique in our region of 7 company owned restaurants we turned over 40+ GM's, managers and Chefs in my two years. The DM was desperate enough to hire managers from fast casual and pizza franchises to staff her team, sorry
Productive and fun workplace
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GASeptember 15, 2015
Always busy but having fun as well, management are great to work with so the co-workers we did get along. The Schedule was really and easy if someone need a day off or the co-workers could swamp the shift.
Pros
the lunches were always so good, excelent health plan.
Cons
breaks were short.
Great company
Food Server (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LASeptember 10, 2015
This company has great food and plenty of opportunity to move up in the company. The servers really get to know each guest that come into dine.

4.2