Ruth's Chris Steak House

Ruth's Chris Steak House Employee Reviews

Time
Server Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ponte Vedra Beach, FLMarch 27, 2017
You have to put TONS of time into this job to get anywhere. 1st you start off as a server assistant then you have to wait to be promoted to food running then you have and audition to see if you can become server.
To be honest it get overwhemling
Steward Coach (Former Employee) –  Marina del Rey, CAMarch 26, 2017
It was a nice place to work but to be honest a lot of back stabbing, and lazy coworkers. Management had their favorite employees the list goes on, too clicky!!!
Pros
Dinner
Bad
Great work environment.
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, PAMarch 7, 2017
It was a pleasure working at Ruth's Chris Steak House for the period I did. The kitchen, wait, and managerial staff were all top notch. My time was well spent there.
Pros
Great staff.
Cons
A consistent above average salary
Bartender (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMarch 6, 2017
Ruth's Chris a great company to work for I have honed my skill as a craft bartender due to the cocktail program there . Extremely high volume . The most enjoyable part of the job is the guest interaction . The hardest part of the job would be the extensive set up and product prep.
Pros
Good benefits and good salary
Cons
Company morale
Fun Work Enviromment
Server (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIMarch 1, 2017
Everyone works hard. The drive to please the customer fuels everyone, and the drive is instilled by an excellent management staff. Highly recommend this company.
Great upscale , great food
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 28, 2017
Great place to work, great benefits. Great clientele in the middle of Ft Lauderdale. Was very sad to leave the company. A very flexible job with only nights , no day shifts
Pros
Benifits, great food, great management
Cons
Management was way over there heads
Server Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 26, 2017
I started at a brand new Ruth Chris, and within the 2nd week the head chef quit. The reaustraunt was run very poorly, always scheduled way to many people so no body made any money. I would not suggest working here.
Pros
Cons
I could have made more money at olive garden then here
Great Place to work
SOUS CHEF (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJFebruary 17, 2017
Reduced food costs by [7%] percent by using seasonal ingredients, setting standards for portion size and minimizing waste. Managed kitchen staff by recruiting, selecting, hiring, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, supervising, evaluating and enforcing discipline when necessary.
Verified proper portion sizes and consistently attained high food quality standards. Maintained a
skilled kitchen staff by properly coaching, counseling and disciplining employees. Maintained updated knowledge of local competition and restaurant industry trends.
Productive and fun workplace with team oriented goals.
Server (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 14, 2017
Learned valuable time management skills in a fun workplace culture that allowed for growth and enhancement. Communication was key to the success during my employment among both team members and valued customers.
A typical day at work
Private Events/Lead Hostess/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAFebruary 12, 2017
I've been at RCSH for 4 and a half years and I've been back and forth between great guests and great management, and awful guests and awful management. I typically am in charge of almost everything on the restaurant floor related. I do office work as well but I am mainly like a front of the house manager, without the title, unfortunately. I manage multiple people at a time and resolve problems everyday.
Interesting
Hostess (Former Employee) –  600 old country roadJanuary 31, 2017
A very fast paced restaurant. The management is a little scattered but the rest of the staff are like a family. The customers definitely vary from the rudest people you will ever meet to some of the sweetest people. Unfortunately if you do enter at a hostess level the likely hood of you being promoted to a different position is very slim. Definitely need weekend availability and good for college students.
Cons
no breaks
Good co workers
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 31, 2017
It was a good job with great employees very good atmosphere. Everyone was very kind and all of my managers were straight forward and respectful.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Hours
I enjoyed the variety of customers we had and the attention to detail we always gave each guest.
Server (Former Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSJanuary 30, 2017
Low staffing levels and distance i lived from venue, made it a challenge to do much more besides work. I enjoyed my co workers, supervisors and customers. But it was a challenge to balance a home life.
Pros
earn based on your efforts
Cons
difficult city cultural climate
very productive place and fun.
Server (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 25, 2017
it goes by without saying that the job of the lifeguard is fun and important. it was my first job ever and i love the coworkers.
Great working enviroment, Strong team relationship
Lead Host/ Matre'd (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 19, 2017
My job at Ruth's Chris is great, the people I work with are team players and management is approachable and fair.
I greet guests and make them feel like they are in my restaurant and are the only guest I have.
Pros
Fun working enviroment.
Cons
Very fast paced and stressful at times but very rewarding.
Productive and beneficial work environment.
Busser and Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJanuary 19, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job is talking, connecting to different people with different cultures and backgrounds. (Staff or Customer) It was a great eye-opener for me because I learned diversification and grew a new level of respect toward my friends and good customers in the restaurant.
Pros
Free lunch, diversified staff and you will work in a chilled environment.
Cons
NO breaks whatsoever with long shift hours in between. No advancement or recognition of hard work
Productive but cramped
Server Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 17, 2017
It gets busy at a certain point but the kitchen and private space for the workers are too small to work around in.

It is almost impossible to ask for a day off during emergency. They require a worker to look for someone to cover for them when it is supposed to be the manager's job.
Pros
50% discount for lunch
Cons
short breaks
This job, though rewarding, took a lot out of you
Bus boy (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 16, 2017
Like any high-end restaurant, the workplace is stressful and demanding. The money was good, but I was mentally drained after a night of work. This is how the service industry is, though.
loved this place
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Crystal City, VAJanuary 12, 2017
very warm home environment that is very fast paced and can make alot of money. change of management i would say is the downfall which makes you have to prove yourself all over and over again.
Crazy atmosphere
Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Ponte Vedra Beach, FLJanuary 9, 2017
Typically would clear customer's tables and also serve them their food. Required knowing fine dining etiquette and helping to make the customer as happy as possible throughout the whole experience. Required customer service, lifting, and a "quick on your feet" type atmosphere.
Pros
Busy and well paid
Cons
No future poor benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ruth's Chris Steak House. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2