Rutland Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Relaxed atmosphere but sometimes too relaxed. Some office staff lack professionalism
Patient Accounts Representative (Current Employee) –  Rutland, VTJuly 3, 2017
I have been employed here for several years.
My department is off-site from the main campus and therefore have a more relaxed atmosphere.
The organization as a whole is a pretty nice place to work. They are pretty understanding when it comes to family/personal needs and they try very hard to keep employees informed and updated as needs arise.
The pay and benefits for non-unoin employees is not the best in the area but they do try to evaluate that with area standards on a somewhat regular basis.
Pros
Relaxed dress code
Cons
health benefit costs are high
Fair and productive place to work
Registrar-Out Patient Services (Former Employee) –  Rutland, VTMay 17, 2017
Many years of patient contact and service. Constant patient contact with ordering labs and scheduling various exams, checking patients in for already scheduled appointments, registering, checking patient information and correcting same, checking insurance and verifying, etc.
Student Intern
Student Intern in Radiation Therapy (Former Employee) –  Rutland, VTMay 13, 2017
I enjoyed working with the staff at RRMC. The feel of this hospital is very comfortable. I would say if I ever needed to be treated I would like it to be at RRMC.
knowledgeable
Clinical Charge Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rutland, VTMay 7, 2017
It could be a fast paced daily production. Frequent interaction with co-workers, physicians, nursing staff, outside providers in search of documentation and of course assistancing patients with their questions or concerns.
Enjoyed my work at the hospital and made many process improvements while developing the best team in my years of leadership.
Manager of Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Rutland, VTApril 2, 2017
I met with the team each morning to review daily assignments, answer questions, and set our goals for the day. I was a hands on leader who often worked beside the staff to ready the patient rooms . We truly modeled team work in every aspect to ensure we delivered a quality product as quickly as possible. I fostered a team work environment that created a culture where staff worked hard for me and left happy at the end of the day.I truly enjoy improving processes to make work more efficient and improve profit.
Pros
in the department and loved my schedule and benefits.
Cons
I was switched to 2nd shift.
A volunteer job
Staff Scholarship (Former Employee) –  Rutland, VTMarch 2, 2017
Volunteer job, was able to greet patients in the ED and tend to immediate needs. Workplace culture was cultivating and enriching
Busy, fast paced enviroment
Licensed Nursing Assistant, Secretary (Current Employee) –  Rutland, VTJanuary 24, 2017
Forever changing. This hospital is growing and changing every day. Very fast paced environment. Encourages learning. Every place has their qualms but overall a great place to work at.
due to retire in 2017
Secretary/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Rutland, VTDecember 8, 2016
Looking for a new adventure 20 hrs per week possibly more. Might like hotel reservations or event planning. Salon reception. Something on the upbeat side.
Not a good company
IV Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Rutland, VTOctober 12, 2016
I feel this hospital was a mess , the management need improvement and even after working their over a year I still wasn't offed full time. I really like the people I worked with t night
Pros
Ok people
Cons
Late shifts
Materials Manager - excellent position
Materials manager (Former Employee) –  Rutland, VTJuly 10, 2016
I worked with many managers from all over the hospital and handled a capital budget of several million dollars. I was promoted several times and reached a position that was far beyond my capabilities, a concerned I voiced several times .
Pros
Caring for the material needs of each floor and department
Cons
The Materials Manager required an MBA which i did not have

Want to know more about Rutland Regional Medical Center?

Ask a question
A Great Place to Work
staff nurse (Former Employee) –  Acute CareDecember 1, 2015
Rutland Regional was a great hospital to work at. They support their nurses by encouraging personal and professional advancement. Although they had done away with the Float Pool I was able to float to the Progressive Care Unit and Medical Oncology unit at my request. My co-workers were wonderful as well, from the new nurses to the experienced old nitties (I say that with much love and affection), everyone helped each other out and shared their knowledge. A great place to work!
Pros
Support from co-workers and Admin in career development
Cons
a touch of the ol' boys club, but maybe in rural towns that's unavoidable
Good
Medical Laboratory Technologist (Current Employee) –  Rutland, VTJuly 6, 2015
Very team oriented, effective training and always learning opportunities for those interested. Very busy lab with up-to-date technology.
Diverse and interesting place to work.
Document Imaging Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Rutland, VTFebruary 22, 2015
A typical day is very busy with constant incoming phone calls and medical records, as well as multiple people in and out of the department. Coworkers were an awesome group of people to work with. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with new medical terminology and technology as medicine is always evolving but something I enjoyed learning. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that you could help someone sometimes by just listening and making a difference in their day.
Pros
The people I worked directly with.
Cons
Management did not always want to listen to what their employees had to say.
A good working environment with genuinely caring staff that constanly promotes further learning and advancement.
LNA Tech (Current Employee) –  Rutland, VTFebruary 6, 2015
Today I will walk onto the floor of a busy Surgical Care Unit full of elective orthopedic patients as well as the frequent skiing mishap at Killington Mountain. PT is busy walking patients with their walkers down the hall. The staff at the desk is one if the LNAs scheduled for that day at the desk and is busy answering the phone while charting by Cerner the patients activities and the admission or discharge of 12-20 patients daily. Our well known, highly regarded orthopedic physicians supply us with several recipients of total new knees, hips and repaired appendages. Excellent hospitalists are constantly transferring patients from the ED with lap appies, lap choles, SBOs and other internal maladies. The air is electric, the pace is constant and the mood is too busy to be somber. The attitude is positive with a chuckle or muted laugh keeping tension at bay. Housekeepng is preparing a recently descharged room for a transfer from ICU as the hospital is currently at Maxcap. Blueshirted volunteers bring patients out to their cars or bring charts from Medical records. A LNA called in sick with the flu so the search is on for a float to help on the floor. I walk past the open doors of patients I had last night and we exchange smiles. I look at them with two thumbs up and a raised brow and they either wave me in or give me a nod and two thumbs up in reply. I hear the wail of a patient getting a chest tube inserted as faces scrunch up and shoulders rise. Smiles and extended hands wait for me to rub some sanitizer on mine before I shake the hand of the exiting patient in the wheelchair  more... and get a hug from grandma who left three plates of cookies on the counter, one for each shift. My smile is sincere, as I get the joy of seeing a patient leave the facility with a new lease on life and I was able to help that person get through the trenches. A fresh pot of coffee greets this shift and I make my rounds bringing patients to the commode, getting a fresh pillow or a warm blanket before they ask for it and bringing a black coffee, one splenda or a diet ginger ale with no ice to the family of the patient in 332. I leave the room and bump knuckles with Dr.J. "Ready?", he asks. "Bring it on." I reply. Another tricky day in paradise.  less
Pros
Wide variety of tasks and jobs per diem.Good kitchen
Cons
No exercise room.
good pay
outpatient offices (Current Employee) –  Rutland, VTFebruary 5, 2015
Longevity doesn't mean much to them. They tend to keep and tolerate unproductive employees rather than get rid of them, but think nothing of those that do work hard and give it their all. Management on all levels has a "forked" tongue, they tell you one thing, but think nothing of doing another. They tend to put the cart before the horse. Great pay, good benefits, but if you don't drink the coolaide, then it's not the place for you.
Pros
good pay & benefits
Cons
lack of consistant follow thru by management
Loved this hospital and everyone in it
Information Systems Technician (Former Employee) –  Rutland, VTFebruary 4, 2015
Just an all around great place to work. Good end user provider relations. This was my favorite place to work. I woke up wanting to come to work. If you are looking and have the opportunity, I would say apply.
Pros
Good work enviornment
Cons
Multiple shifts in the same week
Great rural location
Project Manager - Cerner Millennium Implementation (Former Employee) –  Rutland, VTJanuary 19, 2015
Great place to work, laid back a bit, but a demanding large project for a small community hospital
Productive work environment
Pharmacy Intern (Former Employee) –  Rutland, VTDecember 3, 2014
Morning briefing, filling medical orders, IV preparation, Patient floor consult and counseling, anti-coagulation and cardiovascular clinical consult, emergency room medical reconciliation.
The building blocks to my whole career began here.
Inpatient Coder (Former Employee) –  Rutland, VTApril 27, 2014
Wonderful people, staff, environment. Miss it all! I learned a great deal. I had excellent training and colleagues that genuinely care about helping you succeed.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Not so easy to juggle schedules as a single parent.
Management is Horrible
Not Nursing (Former Employee) –  Rutland, VTDecember 4, 2013
Too many incompetent managers. Either they've been there too long or are grossly under qualified for the job. Work culture is poor, lots of socializing and malevolent behaviors by co-workers. However, I found the nursing staff to be exceptional. Other departments would do well to adopt their culture of caring.
Benefits
Cons
Employees/co-workers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rutland Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Rutland Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location