Rutland Regional Medical Center

Rutland Regional Medical Center Employer Reviews

A good working environment with genuinely caring staff that constanly promotes further learning and advancement.
LNA Tech (Current Employee), Rutland, VTFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: wide variety of tasks and jobs per diem.good kitchen
Cons: no exercise room.
Today I will walk onto the floor of a busy Surgical Care Unit full of elective orthopedic patients as well as the frequent skiing mishap at Killington Mountain. PT is busy walking patients with their walkers down the hall. The staff at the desk is one if the LNAs scheduled for that day at the desk and is busy answering the phone while charting by Cerner the patients activities and the admission or discharge of 12-20 patients daily. Our well known, highly regarded orthopedic physicians supply us with several recipients of total new knees, hips and repaired appendages. Excellent hospitalists are constantly transferring patients from the ED with lap appies, lap choles, SBOs and other internal maladies. The air is electric, the pace is constant and the mood is too busy to be somber. The attitude is positive with a chuckle or muted laugh keeping tension at bay. Housekeepng is preparing a recently descharged room for a transfer from ICU as the hospital is currently at Maxcap. Blueshirted volunteers bring patients out to their cars or bring charts from Medical records. A LNA called in sick with the flu so the search is on for a float to help on the floor. I walk past the open doors of patients I had last night and we exchange smiles. I look at them with two thumbs up and a raised brow and they either wave me in or give me a nod and two thumbs up in reply. I hear the wail of a patient getting a chest tube inserted as faces scrunch up and shoulders rise. Smiles and extended hands wait for me to rub some sanitizer on mine before I shake the hand of the exiting patient in the wheelchair – more... and get a hug from grandma who left three plates of cookies on the counter, one for each shift. My smile is sincere, as I get the joy of seeing a patient leave the facility with a new lease on life and I was able to help that person get through the trenches. A fresh pot of coffee greets this shift and I make my rounds bringing patients to the commode, getting a fresh pillow or a warm blanket before they ask for it and bringing a black coffee, one splenda or a diet ginger ale with no ice to the family of the patient in 332. I leave the room and bump knuckles with Dr.J. "Ready?", he asks. "Bring it on." I reply. Another tricky day in paradise. – less
good pay
outpatient offices (Current Employee), Rutland, VTFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: good pay & benefits
Cons: lack of consistant follow thru by management
Longevity doesn't mean much to them. They tend to keep and tolerate unproductive employees rather than get rid of them, but think nothing of those that do work hard and give it their all. Management on all levels has a "forked" tongue, they tell you one thing, but think nothing of doing another. They tend to put the cart before the horse. Great pay, good benefits, but if you don't drink the coolaide, then it's not the place for you.
Loved this hospital and everyone in it
Information Systems Technician (Former Employee), Rutland, VTFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: good work enviornment
Cons: multiple shifts in the same week
Just an all around great place to work. Good end user provider relations. This was my favorite place to work. I woke up wanting to come to work. If you are looking and have the opportunity, I would say apply.
Great rural location
Project Manager - Cerner Millennium Implementation (Former Employee), Rutland, VTJanuary 19, 2015
Great place to work, laid back a bit, but a demanding large project for a small community hospital
Productive work environment
Pharmacy Intern (Former Employee), Rutland, VTDecember 3, 2014
Morning briefing, filling medical orders, IV preparation, Patient floor consult and counseling, anti-coagulation and cardiovascular clinical consult, emergency room medical reconciliation.
The building blocks to my whole career began here.
Inpatient Coder (Former Employee), Rutland, VTApril 27, 2014
Pros: friendly staff
Cons: not so easy to juggle schedules as a single parent.
Wonderful people, staff, environment. Miss it all! I learned a great deal. I had excellent training and colleagues that genuinely care about helping you succeed.
Management is Horrible
Not Nursing (Former Employee), Rutland, VTDecember 4, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: employees/co-workers
Too many incompetent managers. Either they've been there too long or are grossly under qualified for the job. Work culture is poor, lots of socializing and malevolent behaviors by co-workers. However, I found the nursing staff to be exceptional. Other departments would do well to adopt their culture of caring.
Decent job
Security (Former Employee), Rutland, VTAugust 13, 2013
Cons: per diem
Performed facility security of hospital, the staff was great to work with and met a lot of good people.
Extremely Poor Management
Rather not Say (Former Employee), Rutland, VTAugust 13, 2013
Pros: nice work stations, nice co-workers
Cons: management is awful. just awful.
- I learned a lot working at RRMC; however, it came with a high price tag - work/life balance is very hard - worked too many hours (salary) - with no comp time allowed.
- Not all departments held to the same standards.
- NO COMMUNICATION.
- A lot of pettiness, backstabbing, grudges, grade-school antics.
- Enjoyed several co-workers - only thing that made it bearable working there.
- Too much work - not enough time to do the job right.
- Do not complain or go to HR - backlash.
- Foolish spending across the board.
- Departments hate each other.
- Keep the rotten apples, get rid of the good people.
Ability to work at a job I enjoyed doing.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee), Rutland, VTAugust 8, 2013
Pros: challenging job with good benefits.
Cons: not seeing eye to eye with the supervisor.
I enjoyed typing varied specialty medical reports. I learned more knowledge than I had coming into the job, which is rewarding. My co-workers were pleasant to work with, but the supervisor at the time was difficult for me to agree with at times. This job was not a good fit for me because of that fact.
It is okay.
Food Service Assistant (Current Employee), Rutland, VermontJuly 10, 2013
It can be very high stress. Sometimes you're not sure what will happen on any given day.
The educational experinece was phenominal.
College Clinical Experience (Former Employee), Rutland, VTJune 25, 2013
Assisted in delivery, Performed assessments on laboring mothers and newborns. Conducted fetal monitoring, new parent classes and administered medications
Wonderful nurses to work with in the ICU
ICU Nurse (Current Employee), Rutland, VTJune 24, 2013
The ICU staff both nurses and providers work together as an excellent team with a great balance of experience and new critical care nurses with fresh ideas.
Good Cardiac Rehab program
Cardiac Rehab RN (Former Employee), Rutland, VTDecember 9, 2012
Pros: team work
Cons: unsure
Pt. focused, fun staff to work with. Nice change of pace from ED
Great environment and great people to work with.
Security Officer (Current Employee), Rutland VTNovember 21, 2012
Pros: working with the general public.
Cons: not having gauranteed hours.
There is not any day that is typical here. One day could be such a dramatic change from the next but thats what i like because it keeps me on my toes. I interact with a lot of different people between the patients and employees. It is something i completely enjoy and love doing. The most enjoyable part of my day is when i get to help someone in need of assistance. The hardest part of my day is seeing people in pain. The management in my department is fantastic and great people, that goes for the people i work with as well. Everybody is there for eachother when in need and we stick together and work great together. Which is something that is needed being a Security Officer.
Nice place to work
Medical Secretary (Former Employee), Rutland, VTOctober 17, 2012
Very busy, fast paced place to work. A little hard to fit in being the new kid in town, but after a while everyone became more friendly.