RV Horizons Employee Reviews

Poor management
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 26, 2017
Unreasonable expectations, excessive phone conferences (2-3 weekly) & daily reports is one of the reasons it was hard to work for this company. The job was extremely stressful due to middle management constantly creating problems between staff members at the site level.

When upper management would show up at the property, they only wasted the staffs time, rarely did they provide help, answers or guidance that was needed. They micromanage and scrutinize every move and refused to listen to the staff about ways to improve the property.

The employee turnover is outrageous! I worked at the company for two years and had nine different bosses, which is unheard of. Upper management likes to surround themselves with "Yes Sir/Ma'am" people but they are quick to throw them under the bus when the heat is on!!
This is not a good place to work!
Pros
The company allowed casual attire to be worn.
Cons
Micromanage, poor management, high employee turnover
Company needed to treat employees fair
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXNovember 1, 2017
Only gave one star because you had to put something.
Company should of treated loyal employees better instead of hiring people who were hostile to their former employer so they were allowed to fire good, loyal employees to hire their friends. Now unethical and some illegal things are taking place.
Pros
Cons
Corporate
Overall not terrible, but not great either
Sales (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 10, 2017
RV Horizons claims to be a lot of things and might actually be attempting to succeed in their endeavors but aren't doing an exceptional job at being transparent.
Great place to work but busy
Manager (Current Employee) –  Cedaredge, COOctober 3, 2017
This company is constantly growing, which gives great opportunity for employees, but can be difficult to manage. There are many changes occurring, and a lot of new employees all of the time. Overall everyone is very nice and willing to help one another.
Pros
great employees
Cons
lots of changes
At first seems like a very will legitimate company to work for until the cutthroat actions of the property manager and or maintenance supervisor came
Acting Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 21, 2017
I was brought on to be an assistant maintenance supervisor then my supervisor had been fired for illegal reasons I was in it intern promised the position put in many 60 plus hour weeks before I was passed up for the position and then terminated for reasons which had nothing to do with myself pretty much put in my heart and soul and making residents happy and was thrown away like a piece of trash in the Wind so the property manager could employ friends from previous company she had worked for.
Pros
Allowed to live on site no deposite or first month rent
Cons
Staff unprofessionalism
It all depends who your boss is and where you are located...
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  MidwestAugust 20, 2017
I have had an above average experience with the company probably due to my prior experience in the industry.
My bosses are both cool, and easy to get along with. If you do what you're asked and try your best, you probably are secure in your position. Many community managers do not do what they are asked and are reprimanded for it... and then complain about it. CM's aren't asked to do anything unreasonable. We do have to do all of our own marketing which I am not real fond of.
Work place culture is good. You work independently generally, and do not have a boss around a majority of the time. 95% +
Hardest part of the job for my area is sales. No one qualifies for sales, aka financing. It is rare someone is approved, and has the money for a down payment, which really hurts your bonus potential.
Working alone and independently is great. You make your schedule, prioritize things as you need to.
There's a ton of turnover. Therefore if you do your best and succeed minimally, you will be appreciated.
Pros
Work independently, take breaks as needed, good pay, decent benefits, good hours
Cons
Bonuses are hard to cash into (in my area), policies change frequently, different answers depending who you ask
Not good
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cedaredge, COAugust 8, 2017
The previous reviews were dead on when they said there was a high turn over.
There are some really nice people there but too many time people were blamed for things they either did not do or was out of their control. When reprimanded people were not talk to so that they could learn and grow, but just let go. Mostly I saw for poor reasons, Sad really because some of the people were good workers but let go because they could not get the amount of work completed in the time frame given.
Pros
Good benifit package
Cons
bad management of employees
Not worth the headache
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Montevideo, MNAugust 2, 2017
All they are after is putting money in there pockets. They don't pay What the job is worth. They want stuff don't quick and cheep but don't care if it's done correct.
Do not work here, they do not care about employees or tenants
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasJune 21, 2017
This company claims to base their work ethics on the "Southwest Airlines"policy. Far from it. Upper management fails to do their job and in return fires the little people to cover up their negligence. Treat employees like dirt. Give substandard housing to managers to live in and won't approve repairs. Their pay is 45% below average for the work they expect. Won't allow emplotmyees to exercise their religious beliefs, has supervisors who do drugs with tenants and sleeps with vendors. Guess that's why they say their new motto is the inverted pyramid.
They violate fair housing and employment laws. Discriminate against women employees.
Pros
Few good tenants
Cons
Work ethics, benefits, time off
Do not seek employment through rv horizons.....
Maintence Worker (Former Employee) –  Pratt, KSJune 1, 2017
This company is so unorganized it isnt funny. They set you up for failure, let alone the wages are nothing less than a joke. Waiting for approvals on material and having them be canceled
Went through several different managers
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Yankton, SDApril 27, 2017
No job security, went through several different managers in a matter of 3 years. And everyone of them changed rules as they wanted. Never anything steady. Always wanted to fix things as cheap as possible and put things off as much as they can. They also had very bad sewer issue and didn't fix it correctly!!! Very crappie place to work
Pros
Free lot rent
Cons
Everything else
Great oppertunity
Michigan area manager (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIFebruary 6, 2017
this is a great opportunity to learn and build skills as well as network and build you contacts but not long term they do not care about employees they just want money and if you stand up for your self at all you will be fired
Productive Environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Montrose, CONovember 20, 2016
Good Place to work, Pay is ok for location, Coworkers are great, positive atmosphere, There is not a lot of room for advancement, typical day of work is helping tenants and community managers.
Pros
Great people to work with, hard working environment, CM's are great to work with
dishonest and unorganized company
Remodel Crew (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILNovember 14, 2016
giant slum lord company dishonest about pay scale and advancement went through half dozen supervisors in two years each one came with different policy changes and agenda
Productive, fast paced, growing, fun environment.
Title Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Out of HomeNovember 6, 2016
Every day presents a new challenge. Research, team work and perseverance are a daily requirement. Talking with home owners in our communities, creating relationships with the county workers, and communication with the field play a huge roll in day to day work. I have learned how states vary in their processes and laws regarding titling, what is required to transfer titles in various states, abandoned mh processes for various states, and how various states taxes and processes work.
Management takes the time to hear employee ideas on how to make the work environment and job processes better and more functional.
The hardest part of the job is that states change their processes frequently and without notice so something that worked before may not work now so you have to learn the new process, therefore delaying progress.
The most enjoyable part of the job for me is the relationships made inside and outside of the company as well.
Great growth with a plan
Takeover Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INpOctober 5, 2016
It's amazing to be part of something new and different everyday. Senior leadership has not come up with a rock solid plan for the ever expanding growth.
Pros
Growth
Cons
N/a
Loved the tenants and area/district managers
Park Manager for St Joseph Properties (Current Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOJune 29, 2016
This was a fabulous, fast paced company to work for. There was never a dull moment. We had conference calls, assisted tenants, handled payments, handled applications, reports due daily, weekly, and monthly, payroll, and much more. The hardest part of the job was juggling what corporate expected and what tenants wanted, but was pretty easy coming up with a middle ground. I enjoyed the staff I had working for me (2 maintenance men) and the fast paced environment. A company like RV Horizons is constantly growing and changing and is very rewarding when you can watch how the company progresses.
I enjoy being a community manager
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 23, 2016
I generally love my residents and enjoy my job, it is great being a team with my husband and working together every day. the only reason I am applying somewhere else is that I miss bloomington indiana and want to live and retire there, I only left my last job at Continental because my sister became a heart patient and I had to care for her for a year.
Pros
good company
Cons
want to be in bloomington indiana
fun place work from home
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  slaton txDecember 12, 2014
I loved my work from home job, I learned so much and the hardest part of my job was dealing with people who didn't want to pay their rent just because.... the enjoyable part was meeting so many people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RV Horizons. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5