RWI Logistics LLC Employee Reviews

Not a good company to work for
Accounting (Former Employee) –  Ft. Thomas, KYSeptember 20, 2016
This company needs to make alot of improvements if they want to retain talented employees. Pay is horrible, benefits are horrible and management is horrible. Work environment is less than desirable.
Pros
No pros worth mentioning
Cons
Run, don't walk away, from this company
OTR Lease to Own Operator (Former Employee) –  Wilder, KYSeptember 9, 2015
They are a rip off. They will leave you sitting for days at a time. You won't get detention pay, stops and drops, and no one in the office cares at all. You will not even be reimbursed for load locks. At least 4 people AGREE that they owe me money, but no one will pay it. They break their own contract flagrantly and you won't even be able to make your truck payment. They seem to be hiring, hiring, hiring, but no one is making any money - in fact, you'll lose money and in the end they will come after your own personal funds. I am cutting my losses and getting out.
They will promise you the moon, and you should refrain from fooling yourself.
Logistics (Former Employee) –  Ft. Thomas, KYFebruary 22, 2015
Great coworkers and management. Only sales positions matter and though you will be promised a certain rate of pay, these guys will not deliver. They blow your concerns regarding such matters off, which is unacceptable. Lots of good people work there, and a good amount are over qualified and underpaid.
Pros
Coworkers, steady work
Cons
Pay rate, wheel spinning, mundane
Management needs to be more driver friendly.
Owner Operator (Former Employee) –  Wilder, KYFebruary 17, 2014
Too many miles in not enough hours.
I learned how to schedule my hours so I could make deliveries on time.
Management was unpredictable.
Co-workers were great, we all had the same problems.
The hardest part of the job was making deliveries on time due to not enough hours.
The opportunity of owning our own truck although it was a hard job.
Pros
Dispatch was very good. Opportunity of owning own truck.
Cons
Not enough time. Too fast dispatch.
Demanding. But has potential
DFW Branch Employee (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 28, 2012
Typical day at work: early mornings, late nights, on call 24hrs a day. Customer Service Skills, Carrier Relations, and negotiating skills mandatory. Accepting and writing loads for customers. Negotiated and booked loads with cariers. Assisted in billing and accounting questions to ensure correct invoicing to both carriers and customers. Hardest part of the job: Being on call 24hrs a day and being disturbed in the middle of the night to address driver issues.
Most enjoyable part of the job: feeling sense of accomplishment at the end of each day.
Pros
branch office not in corporate environment
Cons
lack of support from management
Coworkers and I got along great, we worked together as a team. Which I feel that is necessary to be in the transportation business
Broker (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 20, 2012
My typical day would start out @ 0700 I was the first one to get to the office because I worked 0700 to 1600 CST. I would get in and start coffee for everyone that drank coffee and then from there start booking freight and calling my drivers to see if they needed any of the loads to come out of TX to take them back home to their families. There was no really hardest part of the job, the most enjoyable was getting to see my coworkers and speak to some of my carriers and the drivers. Even when they were having a bad day, they knew if I had a few minutes they could call me and just talk.
Pros
we got to take breaks together and talk to each other outside of the office
Cons
really there are no cons that i could think of, we were all a close knit family
owner operator company, self managing
Professional Driver (o/o) (Current Employee) –  Wilder, KYMay 29, 2012
driving to ensure ontime delivery.
teaches me a lot about self employment with the trucking industry.
management is personable..
co workers are all friendly.
rush hour traffic..
the most enjoyable part is the piece of mind i get from driving the open road......
Pros
rewards for good drivers
Cons
short miles in the off season
Hostile Work Conditions
Sales (Former Employee) –  KYApril 22, 2012
Very difficult company to work for. Hostile work environment, and very unprofessional.
There is no sense of culture, just a lot of hostility. No one seems to be happy as everyone has a chip on their shoulder.
Very high turnover rate, and poor employee morale.
benefits
Cons
clueless management staff, no morals or ethics, a miserable place to work.
Difficult place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Ft Thomas, KYApril 9, 2015
Recent management changes has made it a difficult place to work which resulted in low moral. Training has been cut back. Overall Castellini ,the parent company is a great company. They need to move back to the previous management
So much potential, such little Leadership.
National Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 4, 2013
RWI is a Castellini owned company - flush with cash and can basically do whatever they want. Extremely nice people, they just need Senior Leadership to hit that next "level".
Pros
Stable, Aggressive growth
Cons
Company is an "HR" led company and entirely too much micromanaging.
n/a
Logistics Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Fort Thomas, KYOctober 29, 2013
• Generated 35,600 dollars in revenue over a 7-month span.
• Assist in developing standard operating procedures (SOPs), generate standard and customized reports and queries, and interpret and clarify data for my business customers in industries such as produce, retail apparel, and non-hazmat chemicals
• Prepare action plans and customized PowerPoint presentations as well as perform due diligence of customers prior to sales meeting.
• Set up costumer accounts, perform credit screening and analysis, and ensure successful freight delivery after initial sales agreement is complete.
• Monitor account statistics and respond to internal sales leads to identify opportunities to increase margins and freight capacity
• Review quarterly and annual Bidding Packages of up to $130,000, analyze price quotes, and submit pricing requests
• Research resources and account history for current and future business customers
• Implemented best practice sales strategy to maximize and improve customer retention
waaaaaaaaaa
otr (Former Employee) –  kyApril 2, 2015
All these reviews..waaaaaaaaa..hard work..waaaaaa... too many hours... waaaaaaaaa..
Hostile work environment. . Waaa@Waaaaaa
It's trucking ... go to walmart.
Tired of all the babies out there.
Company moral
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Thomas, KYMarch 31, 2014
A typical day at work involved in running the boards to see which loads have not been covered yet and keep track on them. If a load on my board is not covered them it wa my respomsibility to get with the assighned dispatcher to see what is going on. I would then start searching for available truck myself.

I learned in the 13 years all about Accounting and Operations. I grew to learn the key account from beginning to end.

Most of management were great to work for but I honestly had one or two that did not understand being a mom I still have responsibilities as well as work.

My coworkers made working so much better, they were my second family.

The hardest part of my job was when we had a truck break down and the customer was in hogh demand for the product so we had to scramble at the last minute to find another truck. It was hard but it was challenging which is what I most enjoy about work.

I was also on the moral commity coordinating mothly events to boost company moral.
Pros
Monthly in office events
Cons
incentive increases
It started as good company and changed to not very good
Dispatcher, LOGISTICS COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Wilder, KYAugust 11, 2012
They do not consider that employees are human they have no tolerance for any deviation from the big plan .
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
bad management
RWI is a good place to work.
Broker (Current Employee) –  FT. Thomas KYAugust 12, 2014
I liked all of the time I spent at RWI. I started on the wrong foot with them and never got back on track.
Pros
Yuo are your own boss and you decide if you are going to be good, great, or just a job
Cons
Stress.
Productive and fast paced work environment
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Wilder, KYMay 28, 2012
Perform different analysis daily, enter invoices for trade vendors, bank reconciliation.
Pros
fun environment and fast paced
Cons
no vacation for a year
Relaxed Atmosphere
AR Collector (Current Employee) –  Wilder, KYAugust 17, 2013
Work on your own time frame. Responsible for own customers.
Pros
Steady Work
Cons
Pay and bonuses low.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RWI Logistics LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8