RWI Transportation

RWI Transportation Employer Reviews

Company moral
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Fort Thomas, KYMarch 31, 2014
Pros: monthly in office events
Cons: incentive increases
A typical day at work involved in running the boards to see which loads have not been covered yet and keep track on them. If a load on my board is not covered them it wa my respomsibility to get with the assighned dispatcher to see what is going on. I would then start searching for available truck myself.

I learned in the 13 years all about Accounting – more... and Operations. I grew to learn the key account from beginning to end.

Most of management were great to work for but I honestly had one or two that did not understand being a mom I still have responsibilities as well as work.

My coworkers made working so much better, they were my second family.

The hardest part of my job was when we had a truck break down and the customer was in hogh demand for the product so we had to scramble at the last minute to find another truck. It was hard but it was challenging which is what I most enjoy about work.

I was also on the moral commity coordinating mothly events to boost company moral. – less
Management needs to be more driver friendly.
Owner Operator (Former Employee), Wilder, KYFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: dispatch was very good. opportunity of owning own truck.
Cons: not enough time. too fast dispatch.
Too many miles in not enough hours.
I learned how to schedule my hours so I could make deliveries on time.
Management was unpredictable.
Co-workers were great, we all had the same problems.
The hardest part of the job was making deliveries on time due to not enough hours.
The opportunity of owning our own truck although it was a hard job.
So much potential, such little Leadership.
National Sales Executive (Former Employee), Tampa, FLNovember 4, 2013
Pros: stable, aggressive growth
Cons: company is an "hr" led company and entirely too much micromanaging.
RWI is a Castellini owned company - flush with cash and can basically do whatever they want. Extremely nice people, they just need Senior Leadership to hit that next "level".
n/a
Logistics Account Executive (Current Employee), Fort Thomas, KYOctober 29, 2013
• Generated 35,600 dollars in revenue over a 7-month span.
• Assist in developing standard operating procedures (SOPs), generate standard and customized reports and queries, and interpret and clarify data for my business customers in industries such as produce, retail apparel, and non-hazmat chemicals
• Prepare action plans and customized PowerPoint – more... presentations as well as perform due diligence of customers prior to sales meeting.
• Set up costumer accounts, perform credit screening and analysis, and ensure successful freight delivery after initial sales agreement is complete.
• Monitor account statistics and respond to internal sales leads to identify opportunities to increase margins and freight capacity
• Review quarterly and annual Bidding Packages of up to $130,000, analyze price quotes, and submit pricing requests
• Research resources and account history for current and future business customers
• Implemented best practice sales strategy to maximize and improve customer retention
. – less
Relaxed Atmosphere
AR Collector (Current Employee), Wilder, KYAugust 17, 2013
Pros: steady work
Cons: pay and bonuses low.
Work on your own time frame. Responsible for own customers.
Coworkers and I got along great, we worked together as a team. Which I feel that is necessary to be in the transportation business
Broker (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXNovember 20, 2012
Pros: we got to take breaks together and talk to each other outside of the office
Cons: really there are no cons that i could think of, we were all a close knit family
My typical day would start out @ 0700 I was the first one to get to the office because I worked 0700 to 1600 CST. I would get in and start coffee for everyone that drank coffee and then from there start booking freight and calling my drivers to see if they needed any of the loads to come out of TX to take them back home to their families. There was – more... no really hardest part of the job, the most enjoyable was getting to see my coworkers and speak to some of my carriers and the drivers. Even when they were having a bad day, they knew if I had a few minutes they could call me and just talk. – less
Demanding. But has potential
DFW Branch Employee (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXAugust 28, 2012
Pros: branch office not in corporate environment
Cons: lack of support from management
Typical day at work: early mornings, late nights, on call 24hrs a day. Customer Service Skills, Carrier Relations, and negotiating skills mandatory. Accepting and writing loads for customers. Negotiated and booked loads with cariers. Assisted in billing and accounting questions to ensure correct invoicing to both carriers and customers. Hardest part – more... of the job: Being on call 24hrs a day and being disturbed in the middle of the night to address driver issues.
Most enjoyable part of the job: feeling sense of accomplishment at the end of each day. – less
IT STARTED AS GOOD COMPANY AND CHANGED TO NOT VERY GOOD
Dispatcher, LOGISTICS COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Wilder, KYAugust 11, 2012
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: bad management
THEY DO NOT CONSIDER THAT EMPLOYEES ARE HUMAN THEY HAVE NO TOLERANCE FOR ANY DEVIATION FROM THE BIG PLAN .
owner operator company, self managing
Professional Driver (o/o) (Current Employee), Wilder, KYMay 29, 2012
Pros: rewards for good drivers
Cons: short miles in the off season
driving to ensure ontime delivery.
teaches me a lot about self employment with the trucking industry.
management is personable..
co workers are all friendly.
rush hour traffic..
the most enjoyable part is the piece of mind i get from driving the open road......
Productive and fast paced work environment
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee), Wilder, KYMay 28, 2012
Pros: fun environment and fast paced
Cons: no vacation for a year
Perform different analysis daily, enter invoices for trade vendors, bank reconciliation.
Hostile Work Conditions
Sales (Former Employee), KYApril 22, 2012
Pros: benefits
Cons: clueless management staff, no morals or ethics, a miserable place to work.
Very difficult company to work for. Hostile work environment, and very unprofessional.
There is no sense of culture, just a lot of hostility. No one seems to be happy as everyone has a chip on their shoulder.
Very high turnover rate, and poor employee morale.