RWJBarnabas Health Employee Reviews

great place to work
ICU-CCU RN (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 23, 2017
great place to work and lots of knowledge to acquire, shift are very flexible and gets to meet and learn more from doctors and nurses. very busy unit but staff work with great teamwor
summary
ER Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Belleville, NJJuly 21, 2017
lowest paid hospital in new jersey. cut hours and they dont hire full time clerks any more. So it make it hard to just use this as primary job. Pay should be better
Stricked and long lasting work place
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJuly 21, 2017
My experience was great and I will always recommend anyone to work here. I learned discipline and felt more at ease with the new structures that took place.
Ever since the merger, morale is extremely low
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJJuly 19, 2017
The merger with Barnabas Health had a tremendous effect on Robert Wood Johnson University Health employees. Layoffs were constant, morale was very low, communication was non-existent. It was a wonderful place to work at when it was Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital!
Great Place to Work
Clinical Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJJuly 18, 2017
Great place to work and build your experience. Room for advancement is narrow in lower positions; I don't know about higher up positions. Overall, if you go in with a positive mood, your days at work will be positive and I really enjoyed my time here!
Fun workplace
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 18, 2017
The job was very interesting and I learned a lot. The jobs I had to take on were a little much but I handled it to the best of my ability. I enjoyed what I did.
Hard to advance
Entry Level (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 15, 2017
Despite having a degree, excellent evaluations, advancing is difficult. I have been employed with the company for 6 years and have not reached the level i should be at despite submission of internal applications
Pros
great benefits
Cons
pay is not competitive.
A very nice place to work.
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Rahway, NJJuly 14, 2017
Very nice place to work. We Get job increases every year. People and co-workers are nice. I think our managers are a good team.It is very enjoyable to work here.The patients are also kind.
Pros
Patients are very nice
Cons
Very nice people in genral
Would not recommend applying for a job here
RN (Current Employee) –  Belleville, NJJuly 13, 2017
For the amount of work, dysfunction and lack of support employees have to deal with, the pay scale is not worth it. Resources, equipment, supplies and assistance is at its minimum. Physicians and department directors have no respect for nurses.
to much confusion, no leadership, also no direction from leaders
Operating Room Manager of Materials (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 13, 2017
Very dirty place I am very surprised the doors are open to this place,Seen CEO walking around in shorts one day. Everything is poorly managed,micro mg
Pros
none, elevators are always broken, maintenance crew needs to step it up, If they are not provided with what they need to do there job, Place is very dirty all floors in building .
Cons
lots of space nothing to do with making improvements

Want to know more about RWJBarnabas Health?

Ask a question
Good company
Information Security Analyst/Windows Engineer (Former Employee) –  West Orange, NJJuly 12, 2017
This is a good company to work for. It is healthcare so it's very stressful. Very demanding and not much for work/life balance. Despite the demanding nature, it is very fulfilling to know that what you do help to save lives.
Pleasant
Communications Clerk (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 12, 2017
Enjoyable, Learned customer service, management was awesome, family oriented, there was no hard part to the job and the most enjoyable part was helping others.
Pros
Providing service to others
Cons
busy
Good work environment not easy to move into management
Phlebotomy Technician (Current Employee) –  Long Branch, NJJuly 10, 2017
good work environment I have found moving up to management is who you know not years of experience. The benefits have always been a good thing nice
Pros
good benitfits
Cons
management is about who you know not skill
Excellent place to work and learn
Head Emergency Techician (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 10, 2017
They thought me a lot when I was working there. Great place to work if you like fast paced. The stuff is great the doctors and nurses are great. And I'm was told that I will always have a job there because I'm a good worker.
Outgoing, Educational
Clinical Care Technician (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJJuly 10, 2017
It was amazing to be apart of this facility for 7 years. I have build my skills and learned everything I need to know to save lives on the open heart floor as well as the trauma unit. I recommend this facility to work at as well as to be treated with any illness. It was my pleasure to serve my time here.
per diem position
SCREENER, per diem (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 6, 2017
The schedule was flexible, the management team was supportive. It was nice working for a larger health system. A very rewarding experience. I enjoyed working for them.
A Nice Place to Work
High Risk Antepartum Nurse (Current Employee) –  Livingston, NJJuly 4, 2017
SBMC is full of friendly faces and smiles. Most people in the wide variety of departments that keep the hospital running are happy to come to work. Management is very strained due to many unrealistic corporate expectations. The hardest part of the job as a nurse is the corporate culture that leads to unrealistic demands of short-staffed departments.
Pros
Annual BBQ picnics, free give-aways, friendly co-workers, food options in cafeteria
Cons
Corporate culture, unreceptive management of areas for improvement
Rwj bh
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Rahway, NJJune 29, 2017
The people at this facility are one in a million. They are great. Management tries hard but have limitations. Pay is definitely low end. Benefits are comparable with other hospitals.
Pros
You know everyone who works here
Cons
No breaks, and low income
productive place
Patient care navigator (Current Employee) –  bronx nyJune 27, 2017
This medical institution is a dynamic place where you can grow in the field of you interest and expertise. I have enjoyed my employment period withing st barnabas.
Pros
long lunch breaks and union jobs
Cons
area of where hospital is placed
Enviornment
ER Registrar (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 27, 2017
A typical day at my job would include walking into an Emergency Room full of patients looking for the fastest service. I've learned to have patience which each and every patient that walks into the Emergency Room. I've also learned not every situation is the same and should be helped differently. The hardest part of each and every day would have to be not bringing some of the pain home and just learning to let go.
Pros
Healthcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RWJBarnabas Health. Our community is ready to answer.