Ryan Herco Flow Solutions

Ryan Herco Flow Solutions Employer Reviews

Good company to work, sales staff was very good
Downstream Process Specialist (Former Employee), Livermore, CAMarch 25, 2014
I really liked this job and I learned a lot. Unfortunately this company lost there distributorship for one of their major suppliers and had to reinvent themselves as a catalog/internet sales company with no direct sales.
Private Equity owned company that only cares about selling itself for a big profit
Confidential (Former Employee), Burbank CAOctober 21, 2013
Pros: see review
Cons: see review
PROS:
Overall good people and good work. The employees are good... the managers are good. I enjoyed it... I had good times and relationships with almost everyone. Interesting products and customers.

CONS:
Private Equity owned company and the owners are ONLY interested in selling the company in the near future for a profit. The VPs and owners will get – more... BIG money when they sell the company, and the employees get nothing but pressure as they build up the company to sell. I got canned in the end... and really did not have enough time to prove my worth. No hard feelings about being let go, really...it's only business... but I think they need some help in HR and employee relations. NOTE: I'm not posting this to hurt the company... I'm posting this to warn others of the downside to this company.

ADVICE TO MANAGEMENT:
Your turnover is VERY high. Everyone knows it. These reviews show it. Figure out a way to retain employees. Reward them and try to keep them. People's lives are important...not just your desire to flip the company for profit. – less
Closely held company that was purchased by Investment Group and everything changed
Director of Materials (Former Employee), Burbank, CAMarch 16, 2013
Pros: great industry and people
Cons: very little advancement opportunity for other than sales.
Negotiate all Purchase Costs and Rebate Structures with Vendors and Freight Companies. Supervise 10 Buyers and 3 Cost Clerks.
Great team environment until sold to Investment Group.
Working with other Dept. Heads and Vendors was very enjoyable.
Great Work experience and business development growth
Outside Technical Sales Rep (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCDecember 17, 2012
Pros: independence, direct customer relations, and front line problem solving for the customer.
Cons: spotty support staff on the inside, suspect manufacturer support as well.
Typical work day involved calling on current accounts and prospecting new account opportunities. Following up with contractors on current project to make sure materials were being delivered on time, as well as materials being returned in a timely manner.

I learned the entire process through fluid handling. Chemical, Water, DI/RO Water, as well as viscous – more... fluids. As a distributor of all products associated with handling these fluids, I learned about recommended transfer pumps for fluid applications, recommended piping, and valves to make the system run efficiently and smoothly. I learned about filtration product that can be utilized in the process to keep the system cleaner longer and protect equipment.

I spent 6 months on the inside working with the inside sales staff to gain product knowledge and get a feel for my inside sales coworkers. It allowed me to identify what the strengths and weaknesses of my inside sales support as an outside sales rep. I was able to determine who I needed to go to, based on the type of need, whether technical or administrative.

Hardest part of the job was disconnecting. After a day full of sales calls, and then having to entering and update at night, it seemed as though I was working constantly.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the various people that I dealt with, and the variety of job applications that I would be a solution provider for. – less