Ryder Employee Reviews

Awful culture and incompitant management
Group Lead (Current Employee) –  Lockbourne, OHJanuary 23, 2018
The Ryder in Lockbourne is a terrible place to work for. The culture is every man for themselves and no one understands how to do their job. The management is a joke and they don't know how to do anything correctly so they just point blame at everyone else. DON'T WORK HERE.
Great place to start career and build up work ethic and experiance.
Diesel Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Victoria, TXJanuary 22, 2018
On a typical day I just show up and the manager gives us the tasks we have for the day whether its a unit in for Preventive maintenance or a unit broken down. Since I've started there I've learned and got a lot of hands on experience on all the different systems and components from light duty to heavy duty diesel trucks and 18 wheelers. From changing tires to replacing clutches to disassembling and reassembling engine components plus much more. Management lacks experience but is fair, just lacks in taking care of his employees. Doesn't like to give what's already given to us by the company such as quarterly safety lunches or quarterly safety bonuses. Everybody gets along and works together to get jobs done. Hardest part for me is knowing a coworker makes as much as me but doesn't do half as much or know half as much as I do. Most enjoyable part is the people I work with and the satisfaction after completing a long repair on a unit and giving it back to the costumer.
Great company
MATERIAL FOLLOW UP COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, INJanuary 22, 2018
LLP Manager was very awesome to work for and always stepped in to help. All team members worked well together which made the job and atmosphere amazing. So much laughter
Pros
Manager and team were amazing
Cons
6 days a week at times
Pretty good place to work as a Tech.
Engine Specialist (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 22, 2018
Clock in, lead man gives you keys to a truck and you go to work. Co workers were always willing help out. Management is pretty decent. Upper upper management is a little hard to deal. Sales guys treat you pretty bad.
Pros
Decent pay, Benefits and the training
Cons
The old guys
Managment awesome. Co-workers great to work with
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Long Island City, NYJanuary 22, 2018
A lot of room to grow. Relex but very productive. Great pay and managment really cares. U will gain multiple experience with diffeent trucks and trailers
A very middle of the road company to work for
Senior Supply Chain Engineer (Current Employee) –  Spring Hill, TNJanuary 20, 2018
Not bad ,not that great either.
Pay,Benefits, Paid leave all average .Really nothing special.
work culture is just ok
Wish they provided more opportunities for career advancement
Part Time No Benefits
Delivery Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEJanuary 19, 2018
Great Job great management good coworkers the only thing is the lack of hours and since is a part time job there are no benefits until a full time opens up
Great company, and was cooperative with independent contractors.
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJanuary 19, 2018
Company operated in a very considerate and professional manner. Worked well with it's employees, and allowed flexibility as much as possible, with it's employees personal affairs.
Great learning experiance
Shipment Management Specialist Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 17, 2018
It was been a fantastic learning experience! I started as a temp in Oct 2016 by Dec 2016 I was hired on. Very easy process, training was smooth, everyone on the team is willing to help each other nationwide. I highly recommend working for Ryder! :)
Pros
Work life balance has been great!
Cons
I cant complain, I love it here
Good work and employees
Diesel Technician II (Former Employee) –  Taylorville, ILJanuary 17, 2018
The work was great as well as employees. As for the unbelievably poor way the management treated the employees... Different story completely. I learned a life lesson on how corporate greed has no limits on whom it will step on to better their bottom line.
shipping and receiving
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 16, 2018
production, assembly, shippimg and receiving , assembly line easy paced work . sometimes hard and fast paced ...... lots of hours and over time .. hard working
Ok but not bad
Professional Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Plano, TX 75075January 16, 2018
My position was a local positions so I can't speak on the OTR part of the company but they will fire you for any little thing in the handbook even if its a simply mistake.
Great work place
Picker (Former Employee) –  Jonestown, PAJanuary 16, 2018
Is a great place to work. They give an opportunity to learn your job. Great co-workers. Great management. Good work schedule an a wonderful good salary
great
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 16, 2018
Ryder is a great place to work. A leader in the transportation industry. Provides you with a good working environment. Very structured work place with good people.
steady and fast pace
Technician II (Current Employee) –  Sparks, NVJanuary 16, 2018
Ryder has a better than average compensation package, with ten paid holidays. Vacation is comparable to most other companies. Opportunities for advancement are few and far between.
Pros
above average holiday pay
Cons
lack of advancement opportunities
Average company to work for.
ASSET MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 15, 2018
Decent company to work for but don't expect to have a life outside of the company. Not because of the company but because of the nature of the business.
Good job
forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Morris, ILJanuary 14, 2018
It’s a good place to work. Nothing bad work fast willing to teach you work on different forklifts and they are willing to answer any questions you have for them.
Construction
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 14, 2018
Fast paced construction firm. Gained experience in Construction Management, General Contracting and Consulting Services. Projects included new construction, restoration of landmark buildings, corporate headquarters, retail installations, showrooms, theaters, educational institutions and luxury residential development.
Love my job!
Customer Logistics Supervisor (Current Employee) –  University Park, ILJanuary 13, 2018
I love what I did and the drivers! They provided work/family balance and great hours 6:30am - 3 pm M-F plus only 12 minute driver from home! The environment is very fast paced and you have to think outside the box to make collaborative decisions, but I happen to like that!
Great company
DIESEL MECHANIC (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 11, 2018
Started at company as truck washer/fueler. Worked hard everyday and when a tech position became available company saw my hard work and work ethic and trained me as diesel tech

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ryder. Our community is ready to answer.