Ryder

Ryder Employer Reviews

lack of quality workers
case picker (Former Employee), kalamazoo miJanuary 17, 2015
very poor place to work. they will hire anyone regardless of forklift experience or a high school diploma. Most of the workers are lazy and don't to their jobs correct. Worst job I have had.
Ryder Logistics
Transportation Manager, Lear Crossdock (Current Employee), Romulus, MIJanuary 15, 2015
There are numerous accounts providing a diverse environment with opportunities for advancement. Ryder specializes in automotive as well as non automotive clients.
Best kept secret
Group Director (Current Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 13, 2015
This has been one of the best companies to work for. Ryder has great people and great customers. The culture is informal and the work is hard but rewarding. I highly recommend exploring career opportunities in this industry as well as with this company.
What a joke
forklift (Former Employee), Jackson,tn.January 11, 2015
All I saw was favoritism, If you weren't with the "IN" crowd you were treated like dirt, Some people took really long breaks and left you by yourself to un-load the lines as they started to get backed up, it came to the point where you just didn't care, EVERYONE wanted to be the boss, I'm much happier I don't work for ryder anymore, I'd rather be homeless than work for them again.
It is a paycheck and that ultimately that is what defines it for me as a lower class worker.
Absentee Replacement Operator (ARO) (Current Employee), Lansing, MIJanuary 10, 2015
If there is any problem I have with this place is that the company doesn't believe in there people and experience means nothing unless you know someone who knows higher up in that company.
Good working environment, excellent local management
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Enid, OKJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: good benefits, home most nights and weekends
Cons: no tolerance for accidents
Deliver daily freight to local Atwoods stores, drive to Enid to swap trailers for next days deliveries, return to Tulsa for shutdown. The management team in Enid was exceptional. Most difficult part was working 13 hours a day 5 days straight.
Moved trucks from one location to another as needed
Truck Transporter (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 8, 2015
Extremely employee oriented and safety concerned. Very big on customer service.
Human Resources Coordinator-Complete (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJanuary 7, 2015
Great place to work. Lots of room for advancement in company. Good benefits.
good company to work for
Night Time lead/Diesel Mechanic (Current Employee), Fort Smith, ArJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: good safety
Cons: not enough employees for work load
I have been employed with Ryder for a year. I have seen several mechanics come and go. It is a tough job, but I like that I can take a truck apart and put it back together. I enjoy the guy that runs the fuel island. The hardest part of my job is having to go out on a service call and knowing that I might have people waiting when I return
Friendly and respectful environment,
Customer Logistic Supervisor (Current Employee), San FranciscoDecember 31, 2014
Pros: management team
Professional management team, excellent co-workers, the best part of working at Ryder was to come in a be a part of something big, the hardest part of this job sometimes was to try to get the drivers in on their day offs when any drivers called in sick.
great job
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 29, 2014
On the forklift most of the time
learned how to get the job done quickly and efficiently
management was great
co workers were great
nothing hard about the job
enjoyed how the company took care of its employees
Fast-paced goal driven environment where multitasking is essential.
Warranty Coordinator III (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GADecember 20, 2014
Pros: very little micro-management, flexibility of developing your own work style, being able to adjudicate claims and receive immediate feedback from all parties involved
Cons: outdated resource, high number of indifferent customers
My day begins with checking emails, tying up loose ends from the previous day, and organizing and prioritizing the files that need to be addressed that day. Once the phone calls start coming in, I do whatever it takes to advance the status of the claim, regardless of whether it is my claim or not. I find myself working during my breaks sometimes, or missing my breaks altogether, in an attempt to stay ahead of the consistently growing claim load.

I learned how to increase my multitasking and organizational skills; how to effectively deal with adversity and ambiguity; how to strategically overcome unforeseen obstacles; how to polish up my leadership skills; and how to thrive in a cohesive team environment.

I learned a great deal from the management team, especially my direct supervisor. He was extremely goal oriented, teamwork driven, and very organized. He invested a lot of time encouraging me to develop my leadership skills and further my education (which I have) because of the potential he saw in me to be a top level manager and much more.

My co-workers all had different qualities that made them effective in their own right. I enjoyed working with my teammates and building a strong department with each of them.

The hardest part of my job was maintaining a manageable work load with resources that in some cases, were outdated, and a progressive spike in business that grew faster than the number of new hires.

The most enjoyable part of the job has to be facing the challenges and obstacles head on, immediately coming up with strategies to counter the issues at hand, and the rewarding feeling of accomplishment when my goals have been met and exceeded.
Working Hard
Diesel Technician (Current Employee), Grapevine, TXDecember 13, 2014
Showing up on time and giving 100 percent with a great attitude and can do spirits.
quick overview
Manager (Former Employee), Maryville, MODecember 11, 2014
Business management, customer relations, technical diagnostics and repair, employee relations, customer service, personnel management, accounts receivable and payable, ordering and inventory management, planning, etc.
strong core values
Service Manager (Current Employee), Beaumont, TXDecember 10, 2014
Pros: nationwide transfer capability
Cons: difficult to advance if you dont know the right people
Ryder has a good core value system but it is lost in local management. I can be a very negative place to work depending on who the mid level management is.
great company to work for
tech in charge (Former Employee), Moonachie, NJDecember 8, 2014
but the only problem is when moving up in the ranks you should start in an other location as management rather than where you where working with guys for a period of time
Ran poorly
Quality Control (Former Employee), McDonough, GANovember 25, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: had to work 4 hours before first break
Lack of communication. Management was ok. They let people do whatever they wanted a lot of favoritism.
Work on weekdays and weekends off. I enjoyed the work scheduel but if like overtime Ryder rarely gave any. I worked full- time, 40 hours a week.
Material Handler (Former Employee), Franklin Park, ILNovember 24, 2014
Productive environment. Time flies when you're working hard. I enjoyed working at this warehouse. I was shrink wrapping and palletizing when I did have the job here. The hardest part of the job was having to adjust when the team was short of workers.
Extremely good company to work for.
QUARANTINE COORDINATOR (Former Employee), El Paso, TXNovember 22, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits, paid a majority of my schooling
Cons: job security, there was only one contracted client for the el paso warehouse.
-I was allowed to work the hours I need, received proper training for any addition work, and was allowed to learn things beyond the scope of my job requirements
-I learned many things regarding computers from my ITs, both in-house and out of state. They were always willing to teach me new things, and are one of the main reasons that I decided to get my degree in Information Technology
-My co-workers were very enjoyable to work with, and were hard and dedicated workers
-The hardest part of the job was when I was working very long hours combined with going to school
-The most enjoyable part of my job was that I worked with management that was willing to listen to mine and my co-workers ideas regarding streamlining the operation, and testing the ideas to see if they would work.
Over-worked and Under-paid
Inventory Control Specialist/Order Picker (Current Employee), Gaffney, SCNovember 22, 2014
Cons: too many
Too much is put on you if you show you can do it and they will never compensate you for the extra effort. Very non-incentive based company with too much drama and personal relationships. Warehouse is very dirty and falling apart. There is nothing enjoyable about the job and the hardest part of the job is walking through the door everyday.

1 2 3 4 5

About Ryder

Ryder System, Inc. is a FORTUNE® 500 provider of leading-edge transportation, logistics and supply chain management solutions. – Read more