Ryder

Ryder Employee Reviews

Fast paced
Senior Logistics Manager (Current Employee), MichiganMay 15, 2015
Pros: Advancement
Cons: Driver Shortage
Ensure customer is taken care of. Drivers are being safe at what they do 100% of the time. I enjoy teaching direct reports to think outside of the box and explore their minds.
Ryder
Human Resources (Current Employee), Lansing, MIMay 14, 2015
There is no "typical day at work". This is a good thing, as I am always learning new things and being exposed to new aspects of the business.
Grooms talent within company for success. Great company with great benefits.
Group Logistics Manager (Former Employee), Buckner, KYMay 14, 2015
Due to relocation and family issues, I was forced to leave Ryder after 12 years of loyal service. This was an excellent company to work for and I have nothing but good things to say about my time with the company and the upstanding employees throughout the network.
Productive work place
Driver/ Warehouse worker (Former Employee), Indianapolis, InMay 8, 2015
Cons: healthcare, management
Ryder was a fast pace warehouse where I was able to gain experience that can be used for years to come. Overall my four years with the company was enjoyable.
big compeny job
mechanic (Former Employee), Madison, ALMay 7, 2015
you are a number not any thing there only to make momey for the
corpe.heads allway on call mangent needs help its good honest work
Safe and fun workplace
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Haltom City, TXMay 6, 2015
Challenging work to wok as a third party provider of logistics services. Compensation is more than fair and the culture fosters long term employees. You do have to worry about renewing customer contracts and that is stressful.
Fast paced company with great training opportunities.
FMS Human Resources Coordinator (HRC) (Current Employee), Farmers Branch, TXMay 5, 2015
This is a great company to start out and grow your career. Ryder focuses on making sure it's technicians and managers get the best and most current training. Very focused on safety!
good pay, long days
Lift Truck Operator (Former Employee), Rochelle, ILMay 5, 2015
Pros: paid breaks
Cons: long days
Hard to keep a good family life for the hours you have to work, not knowing how long each day will be, co-workers were a good group of guys and girls, but well paid and understanding for time off.
Lack of follow through
Diesel Technician (Former Employee), phoenix azMay 4, 2015
Management had a lack of follow through, cut corners, and didn't let employees make nesseccary repairs as is it was exspensive.
Bad Management
Lead Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Newville, PAMay 1, 2015
Pros: Overtime money.
Cons: Breaks
Working there you never knew when you were going home. The supervisor was unfair. They made overtime mandatory and that was not in the contract. No room for growth.
work wise
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee), Kings Mountain, NCMay 1, 2015
I would go in everyday they would have a team meeting telling everyone what job they have. I usually had the same job everyday. the co workers was nice to be around. management was good.
Good company that could be a great company!
Branch Operations/Service Manager (Current Employee), Orange, CAApril 28, 2015
Pros: Very large and profitable company with vast opportunity, if you're willing to move to where the opportunities are.
Cons: Few incentives for salaried employees, except for a bonus based on a stacked ranking at the end of the year.
Typical workday: come in with a plan, save it til the end of the day; Few days are predictable.

What I Learned: Nuances of productivity and profitability; strategic and detailed industry knowledge

Management: Dedicated, insightful, resourceful

Co-Workers: In tune with operations and customer demands

Hardest Part of the Job: Meeting customer expectations with out-dated staffing model in relation to fast-paced customer operating tempo.
a typical day at work
Driver/Operator (Former Employee), Miami, FLApril 25, 2015
Switched trailers out at Latrobe Steel. Drove to the Franklin facility and dropped and hooked. Went to Orbit Industries in Middleburg Heights unloaded material that needed to be tested and loaded material that was tested and took it back to Franklin where I dropped and hooked and returned materal back to Latrobe
Ruin your Life.
CLM-for a minute (Former Employee), LiverpoolApril 25, 2015
Pros: Good Pay.
Cons: To many to list.
Someone posted about the Liverpool, NY CLM position above and they are 100% correct. The people in charge are liars and incompetent. They do not train, communicate, or even warn you of what their agenda may be. If they decide they don't like you, your gone, regardless of progress. I left a good career at another competitor, for 4 weeks. They started lying after 2 weeks, about what their intentions were. I've lost my home because of their disregard for common courtesy. They lie to your face and then let you go. Why Ryder employ's people with personal agendas, is totally agaist what they preach. Stay away.. To many chiefs, no indians.
Fun Place to Work
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Tempe, AZApril 22, 2015
Ryder has all the tools a mechanic needs to do their job. The people are all great to work with and willing to help each other. Very refreshing.
Overbearing corporate office; not for everyone
Commercial Driver (Current Employee), Louisville, KYApril 22, 2015
One thing for sure about Ryder is, their management is excellent. It's a solid company with a HUGE emphasis on safety. So much so that it is completely overbearing. Every month, you are required to log-in to this software known as "Pro-tread" and complete a new topic. Also you must do an even more thorough topic quarterly. It is the most annoying and demoralizing part of my job. Not too mention, you will be inundated with correspondence in the mail detailing any safety violations the system thinks you have. Regardless of whether or not they are excused. It is literally pushing me away from this company. Additionally their benefits aren't that great. If you have a family, be prepared to pay around $400.00 a month for medical. What I hate about this is the union guys pay a fraction of that, yet, we work for the same company. How the heck is that fair? Had I known, I would never have accepted their job offer. On my way out the door asap.
Productive and great work place
Technical Support (Current Employee), Orlando, FLApril 20, 2015
What I enjoy the most about my job at Ryder is the constant learning of new things such as programs and softwares. Everyday is the same but yet different based on a technician's need. My team consist of 13 locations throughout the South East states and are a wonderful group to work with. The hardest part of my job is not being able to for fill a technicians request due to a shortage of supply.
Fast paced intellectually stimulating work environment
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee), Reading, PAApril 20, 2015
Pros: Good 401K match contribution
Cons: Working long hours and weekends.
Multi-tasking is a must in this environment. A typical day at work can involve many tasks from reviewing customer orders, driver payroll to arranging collect freight shipments.

The hardest part of the job is learning the customer is always right, even when they may not be, and that blame must be placed instead of finding solutions.
They are third party logistic service provider.
Dock Clerk/Scheduler (Former Employee), Haltom City, TXApril 14, 2015
Pros: Great place to learn a trade in logistics.
Cons: No job security.
They own nothing, so your job is tied to the contracts they get and lose. No real level of job security. Also so since they are a contractor your compensation is based on the contract.
easy laid back work place.
Operator (Current Employee), University Center MIApril 8, 2015
Pros: free lunch during meets. Guaranteed hours. Time for homework.
Cons: litle hands on or time on feet
A typical work day is from 1:30-5:30 Monday-Friday. Come in sit at desk and take homework out while making sure the Fieldhouse has only track runners or softball players in there. Some Fridays and Saturdays are all day indoor track and field meets where I would do numerous things ranging from setting up hurdle's, to keeping score of jump distances. Very easy laid back job, Meets always ran super long from about 9am-7pm but lunch was provided and breaks were given whenever needed.

1 2 3 4 5

About Ryder

Ryder System, Inc. is a FORTUNE® 500 provider of leading-edge transportation, logistics and supply chain management solutions. – Read more

Ryder Salaries