Ryder Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,294 reviews matching the search
Look somewhere else !!!!!!!
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 27, 2016
No such thing here as job security, lots of promises from management with no results. Racial discrimination all time high and management did nothing to diffuse swept it under the rug.
Pros
Fair pay
Cons
Management, lack of direction.
Stay where you are at and dont come to this Company, the worst MANAGEMENT and Pay ever
Diesel Technician 2 (Current Employee) –  Monroe, LAAugust 24, 2016
Work here for a year and relocated my family for this Company for Diesel Tech 2, the absolute worst decision I ever made...this company doesn't keep promises, and no advancement to grow or succeed and horrible management
A company that cares
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAAugust 24, 2016
The employee's at Ryder a among some of the most caring people in the United States. Many examples of volunteerism, charity, and support was seen during my brief sales career. It is truly a company that cares about people.
Pros
charitable work of the employee's, benefits
Cons
diversity and inclusion for minorities
it has a laid back enviroment
Customer Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Highland Park, MIAugust 23, 2016
An overall great place to work. I would have to make sure the customer needs was meet at all times, while managing 4 accounts. I would also have to make sure that the materials was delivered on time every time.
Pros
Not that much stress
Cons
loing hours
Warehouse
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Bogart, GAAugust 23, 2016
The job was only for temps still felt under payed because of the hard work. Wasn't granted a whole 40 hr check. The staff was very helpful.The hours was good
i loved this possion
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 21, 2016
I was lead receiver. I stocked, staged, wrapped, tagged, received, weighed, shipped, and did invetory. imalso did paper work for the product I received.
Hard working environment
First Shift Supervisor - Primary Focus (Current Employee) –  Meadowlands, New JerseyAugust 18, 2016
Hard working environment that stresses work life balance but falls short

The most positive aspect of the organization is the commitment to safety. Daily reminders to be safe and to work safe. Monthly meetings and bulletins stressing safety.
Up beat work place where you could enjoy work
Service Employee/Technician (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXAugust 17, 2016
The thing I enjoyed most about Volkswagen was the friendliness in the work place along with the up beat work attitudes. I was all to go to work everyday no dreading coming in and as well as get my job done quick and efficient.
Overall a great company
Sr. Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXAugust 17, 2016
The overall company is a great company. They have small pockets of upper management that have an agenda of only promoting vervain employees. Co-workers are great and helpful with problem solving.
Pros
Peers, customers
Cons
political
Loaded and unloaded food from trucks and off the beilt
High-lift operator (Former Employee) –  Mt. Sterling, KYAugust 16, 2016
Everything was good there. co-workers were well prepared for the job ahead of them. typically we would look over our forklift befor our shift, then go to our on board computers to see what needed to be done that day. Management was very good at what they did. The hardest part was working in the cold. The most enjoyable was the people that were working there.
Pros
Company lunches
Cons
Very cold
Very easy Job
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Greenville, WIAugust 15, 2016
Very easy job and fast paced, the only downside is that you get no paid time off and you must work every other Saturday or every Saturday when your told last minute. you only make fourteen dollars an hour so does the rest of the warehouse and on top of all this you get told in the beginning of the day if your either working eight hours or ten hours and you have no say about it. very hard to make plans for weekends but it is such a common sense job. My advice to you is that if you work here don't get caught up in all the things that they seem to complain about and worry about day in and day out. everyone expects you to know everything right off the bat it isn't a place that just isn't managed well. its overmanaged and to a t.
Pros
easy work
Cons
low pay, one 10 minute break and one twenty minute break.
Typical Trucking Company
OTR Team Driver (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 15, 2016
Typical trucking company. Bait and switch. Promise you the moon to hire on then change everything once you go through orientation.
Beware.
....................................................................
Productive, learned a lot
Intern (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 11, 2016
Enjoyed it, I learned a lot in such a short amount of time. I do wish it wasn't a 6 week program and I could've continued for a longer time. Very Grateful for the opportunity.
Pros
Longer lunches, more towards my field
Cons
The drive, the hours
Show them you can do more and they will abuse it
Customer Logistics Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIAugust 11, 2016
If you agree to work over, even once, you will spend all your time chained to your desk. Truck pre and post trips, no lunch breaks, 10+ hour shifts, multiple phone lines, no help, criticism is free, praise is rare.
Pros
pay is decent, benefits are passable
Cons
no breaks, high intensity for the full shift
Productive and busy shops.
Tech 2 (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AzAugust 10, 2016
I enjoy the work I do at Ryder, we are kept busy and is a safe work environment. But its a pain to get promoted and raises are 2% a year. Benefits and great and they match your 401k up to 3%
Pros
Busy, good benifits
Cons
Raises? maybe.
No Security, Incompetent Management, Bad HR policies
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 10, 2016
A trucking company with experienced but incompetent management with incoherent communication skills and scape goat mentality (to protect personnel who have been with company for long term and make fall guys of new recruits).

Avoid this company as much as possible! The alternative being, as soon as you join, keep on the look out for another, better job as you don't know when this will end!!

Compensation / benefits is pathetic so treat this as a short term gig before you get something better outside to move into.

HR doesn't keep commitments and false promises are the norm.
Pros
Newbies can learn stuff to move up the ladder elsewhere
Cons
Bad HR, Incompetent Management, Job insecurity
no lunch or breaks, 12 straight hours
E. Mason Street (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIAugust 10, 2016
management tries to force people into things with equipment that is not safe (bald tires, bad fifth wheels), Management also changes peoples schedules without notification.
A typical day at work is a 12 straight hour day, which is not a problem but to not allow breaks is not right no one that works their is very happy.
Pros
get a 3 day weekend every other week
Cons
no breaks, long work days, The management up here has no clue what happens
laid back and easy going
Technician in Charge (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOAugust 10, 2016
Work pace is easy to maintain. Easy work. Work on class 8 trucks for various customers work ranges from oil changes to tires and lights.
Pros
easy work
Cons
buddy buddy system
Shunt driver /jci avanzar
Driver (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 9, 2016
Stay away from the jci account, you will regret it, they are not organized at all, they tell you one thing and do another. We were told there was a yearly pay raise, never received it, guarantee pay is taken away to suit their needs (bonus for management ), as for the Toyota account, it is by bid only, you will stay at the bottom until you move up to the good routes which pay over 900, which will take a long time if it ever happens, driver turnover is high for a reason.
A great learning experince.
Lead (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAAugust 8, 2016
I was with this company from the very beginning. I experience all the growing pains and learn a great deal. My dedication was rewarded with trust and decent pay.