Ryder Employee Reviews

To cold
Material Handler / Lift truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAFebruary 2, 2016
No Life, To Cold, bad management, Coworker keep up alot of junk. Different shift are good thing. No a job for advancement
Pros
PAY
Cons
TO COLDS BAD Management
Overall productive workplace
Lift Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Statham, GAJanuary 29, 2016
Face paced and productive workplace from day to day. Great people to work around and had a good job work/life balance. Unloaded/received trailers for production, pulled samples for QC evaluations, set up production lines when and cleaned off production lines as well. I shipped out finished goods and had a great relationship with management.
Great company staffed with amazing people
Senior Manager, Talent Development (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 28, 2016
This company's success is based on the talent, commitment, service-focus and "find a way to get it done," competencies of its employees. There are many ways to grow a career at Ryder, especially if mobility is flexible.
good place to work
Case Picker, sit-down lift,interleave,put away (Current Employee) –  Rochelle, ILJanuary 28, 2016
its good how to deal with issues in here. but this companydont have union and they care only for money for the company, holiday pay but some times you have to work.
Work Balance was always considered and benefits were fair
Sr IT Manager (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIJanuary 28, 2016
Work Balance was always considered and benefits were fair. I did work with a lot of talented co-workers, and enjoyed making progress with process and procedures with them.
Very demanding fast paced environment
Senior Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  NE RegionJanuary 27, 2016
Ryder is a great company to work for. There are a lot of opportunities especially if you are willing to relocate. The most difficult part of the job was hitting certain metrics while not always having the resources available. The best part of the job was providing customers with excellent customer service and ensuring that junior personnel had the tools and resources they needed to be successful.
Productive and fun place to work.
Remote Deskside Support II (Current Employee) –  Medley, FLJanuary 26, 2016
Help users with their printers, software, installation and configuration, VPN, Network, and Wireless connectivity etc...all over the US, Canada, and Puerto Rico.
I have learned that Team work is one of the most important features in any job.
I have excellent coworkers, we worked as a team.
Not been able to visit each user at their work location.
Building a great relationship with each user remotely and having them ask for you by name.
Pros
Great place to work, like one big family.
Cons
It was a contract position.
Fast paced, and overall enjoyable place to work.
Material Handler/LTO (Former Employee) –  Rochelle, ILJanuary 24, 2016
A typical workday can get kind of repetitive, but there again you can't really expect much else from a warehouse. The work is easy to grasp and there isn't really a supervisor breathing down your neck all day long. I learned many things there, how to operate stand up forklifts of all sizes, how to properly archive shipping orders, how to locate and replenish depleted product bays, and how to stage shipments in an orderly fashion. Overall I enjoyed working here and if I could do so again I would in a heartbeat. The management is pretty solid, though if we're being completely honest, they really didn't acquiesce to any requests from the workers in a timely manner. You just sort of told them what was needed and they got to it when they got to it. It kind of interfered with productivity a little bit, but it wasn't to the point where it needed to be reported or anything crazy. The co-workers in the warehouse were very diverse. Most of the workers were Mexican or African American, and as such there was almost never a dull moment when in the lunch room. They would all have interesting stories about different aspects of their respective cultures and they were great conversationalists. The hardest part in my opinion about the job was trying to make rate. Being a material handler, you were expected to stack, wrap, and stage 3000 cases of product per shift simply to make rate. I did the math and that means just to make rate during a 10 hour shift, one would need to pick 6 boxes per minute non stop all shift long. including break and lunch. There was no margin for stacking time, wrapping  more... time, travel time to each bay or staging area, or time for getting new order slips. Even on days where I was literally running all shift long I only managed to pick 2600 cases. So making rate for me was very difficult. The most enjoyable part of the job was the freedom to move around and work at your own speed. As I said earlier, there wasn't any supervisor breathing down your neck, and no real sense of urgency unless a truck was running late and needed to depart. Just being able to move about the warehouse floor, not standing in one spot all day long made the job incredibly enjoyable in my opinion.  less
Pros
Great pay, competitive benefits, and accumulated vacation time.
Cons
Technical difficulties were common, management had no sense of urgency, and rate is difficult to make.
Ok place to work.
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 22, 2016
Good place to work. I learned a lot. Management was fair. co workers was nice people to work with. I enjoyed working there.
A lot of mandatory over-time work
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJanuary 18, 2016
Ryder as a company is not a bad company to work for. My main issues for wanting to leave the company have to do with the fact that in my field, I do not get the chance for much free time away from work to spend with my loved ones. Those in management positions there aren't all that bad, although they are very "by the book" so to speak and aren't very flexible when it comes to special cases.
Great place to work!
Field Supply Manager (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJanuary 18, 2016
As a Six Sigma certified champion I enjoy leading change through improving quality and streamlining operations while increasing customer satisfaction at Ryder service centers throughout Michigan, Ohio and Indiana. As of January 2016 due to job elimination at Ryder, I am in search of opportunities for employment.
Fair place to work
Cargo Handler (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 16, 2016
Pay started out bad, got better, lost my pay raise to keep the job, management is weak, way too many changes to adapt to even though I spent time in military.
Pros
Good dental and vsion
Cons
Inventory on Sunday's, no proper counseling on job performance, company plays favorites.
Good Employer to work for
Flatbed Truck Driver (ALRO STEEL) (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 15, 2016
Realy good company to work for.good equipment, good pay, leaned a whole lot about the steel business, monthly training was good,
Pros
equipment
Cons
low pay
Ok job. Not a lot of advancement opportunity
Customer Logistics Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 15, 2016
The job is a pretty basic logistics position. The pay and benefits are mediocre. Advancement opportunities are not good unless you're part of the corporate clique. A good job to get you to the next one.
Very Reactive
operations manager (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJJanuary 14, 2016
Company is very reactive to stock price and base most decisions on the current stock price and ignore other financial numbers that are better indicators of company performance.
Logistics Manager (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJanuary 14, 2016
Ryder is a good company to work for, but, if on the dedicated side of the business, it all depends on who is the customer. Ryder has plenty of opportunity around the country to advance your career.
Pros
opportunity
Cons
pay not the best
Facility Planning Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 7, 2016
This is a great company that takes care of its people. The company is growing and may have its growing pains but overall , great place.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
sometimes hard to move up, may need to move side ways before up
Ryder Jonesboro is not a good place to work
warehouse clerk (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARJanuary 7, 2016
I worked there for 2 years and was there when they took over the contract from Millard. they are the warehousing arm of Nestle and do shipping/receiving, pallet put up of Nestle production, and raw receiving. Ryder management is in a constant state of disarray, and the job culture there is toxic. Ryder Jonesboro has not taken control of this operation since day one, and they have issues every day that hinder any chance of success. They go through many managers, and the management there now is the worst they have had since inception. I watched many good people come and go in a short period of time, and to suggest that this place breeds instability would be well put. I'm sure as a whole Ryder has a lot of nice places to work at, that have normal operations on a daily basis, but this isn't one of them. My advise: stay away, unless you want to be yelled at, not trained properly, and misled about job advancement/security. If you do give it a try, don't worry if you give up in less than a week, most people do also.
Pros
supervisors will offer you cigarettes
Cons
terrible work environment. very unstable and always behind.
If your an African American Ryder isn't for YOU!!
Warranty Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJanuary 7, 2016
I worked as a Warranty Service Coordinator with Ryder in the Used Vehicle Warranty Department for exactly 1year and 1day. From the Day I started the focus was on the color of my skin and not the content of my character. I witnessed in this environment Caucasians with the same job title that each day were able to work at their own pace and no management interference and also making their customers the last priority. However, a Coordinator of color only gets on options. Incoming Calls, Claim Adjudication, and no room for errors because that room has already been assigned to coordinators that aren't of color. it is 2016 and I never thought the color of my skin would be a deciding factor in my lively hood. Ryder Used Vehicle Warranty only nurtures the careers of Caucasian Americans the team lead is a self proclaimed redneck as well as the management. If you care about yourself STAY AWAY!! You will make Less and the ONLY thing you will be able to provide is Work, Work, Work, while people around you do nothing but walk around aimlessly or watch movies on their phone. The customers also feel the fact that if they are of color they will not even get service in MOST of the Ryder Shops.. I hope they change this it's a large company being ran by the WRONG people.

Plantation Reincarnated.
Pros
Paid Weekly
Cons
Redneck Country, Nothing you can do if you don't show up Caucassian
good job for experience
CUSTOMER SERVICE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  NJJanuary 6, 2016
pays higher then most as entry level but little promotional opportunities. Hardest part of the job is dealing with internal politics, best part is building good relationships with customers and vendors.