Ryder

Ryder Employer Reviews

Enjoyable and education work environment
Technician II (Former Employee), Cedar Falls, IAFebruary 24, 2015
Ryder is a well established company with a solid reputation. I enjoyed my daily job responsibilities and served my employer well while I was employed with them.
Be Careful
Logistics manager (Former Employee), glenwillow ohioFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: hours
Cons: pay.office atmosphere.owner
THE one in Glenwillow Ohio is run by a tyrant. No advancement . Pay raise nor any respect. Both managers and supervisors just left for different jobs. I would re consider Ryder.
Great place to work!
Route Manager (Former Employee), Cerritos, CAFebruary 21, 2015
They were very great people to work for. The pay and benefits were outstanding. I had my own route in which I delivered batteries and did all the paper work such as warranties and scrap battery pickup.
Lots of overtime! No home life
Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Rochelle, ILFebruary 20, 2015
Not a bad place to work for a first job. Your co workers are fun to be around. The management is ok but not the greatest. If you don't mind the cold it is not a bad place.
Great company
Accounting (Former Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 19, 2015
Great company to work for. Free breakfast and lunch daily. Plus, flexibility to work from home. 100% Recommend. Good luck
forklift driver
forklift. driver (Current Employee), minooka,ilFebruary 18, 2015
Cons: all work, pay, breaks
Worst company to work for.nobody in ryder knows anything about logistics, ask manager that been working for other company how and what to do and say.
Certified
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Joliet, ILFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: advancement good management
Cons: no benefits
One of the best jobs to this day, granted my forklift certification which opened up more doors for me. Good management as well as great hours.
The work wasnt too hard but the company treats you like number.
Label Line Mechanic (Former Employee), Rochelle, ILFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: easy job, friendly coworkers
Cons: the company treats everyone as a replaceable drone.
A typical day was fairly easy. Equipment was fairly well maintained. The people there were ok. From Oct to Jan you had to work 6-7 days a week 10-12hr a day. Christmas eve isn't a holiday and they love to hold making you work Christmas over your head so no one calls off,(had to work Christmas 2011 then they had layoffs right after New years!).
Good Organisation to work
Sr. SQL Database Developer - Consultant (Current Employee), MIami FLFebruary 13, 2015
work environment, co-workers and place good.f they can provide schedule and requirements to work. salary also really impressive
Great team, great place
Customer Logistics Manager (Current Employee), Novi, MIFebruary 12, 2015
I have loved my team. We work hard, but appreciate one another as well as help each other out when possible. This is the best team I've ever worked with.
WORST JOB EVER
Material Handler (Former Employee), lansing michiganFebruary 11, 2015
RYDER is the worst place to work on earth, the union sucks the hr sucks the co workers start drama I would never recommend this job to anyone ever the only beneficial thing to this hole is the pay and that's it !
hard work
case picker (Former Employee), Louisville, KYFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: great wages
Cons: night shift, to far away
I worked in case pick for 2-3 years and the turnover rate was pretty high. But the money is amazing they give you a task and the faster you complete it the more money you will make. i was making on average 22 dollars an hour by the time i left.
Not too bad...
Logistics Analyst (Former Employee), Novi, MIFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: flexiable
Cons: frequent management changes and low wages
Fun team building activities. Management that is accessible. they have the ability to move you without much notice which is not cool. In 2 years I had 5 different managers.
A fast paced environment
Packer/Material Handler (Former Employee), Perris, CAFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: i loved over time.
Cons: sometimes they would take long to give us our break.
I was able to learn how to operate a hot pressed machine hot glue gun and stocked and organized materials. I would be doing the books manual or on the back stocking up the lines. Followed directions to stretch before starting shift, wear gloves and a plastic cap over your head. The management would yell too much and the coworkers would be friendly most of them. The hardest thing was if someone would messed up the order everybody would get in trouble for it. The most enjoyable that time went by fast and they would switch all of us around to be able to learn the different areas of the warehouse duties.
Great Opportunity
Corporate Recruiter II (Former Employee), Novi, MIFebruary 5, 2015
Great coworkers and work life balance. It was a great job- I was contract and it ended due to budget cuts and lay offs. But great place to work. Paid well.
Hard work for not keeping up with industry pay standards.
Technition ??? (Current Employee), United StatesFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: basic free ryder program trainning.
Cons: no pay increases, favoritism from within. aggrivation duelux.
This is one of the worst companies I have ever worked for. the work is much the pay is little, the beat downs are plentiful. If you are young and need to get experienced it is ok. Get all the training they offer, but don`t stay to long, there better places to work. No PAY INCREACES worth much. then if you have family medical they take it back with medical benefit increases, you end up in pay STAGNATION. Not worth the every day pain.
Tedious work with much detail
Admin (Former Employee), Ryder Logistics at Metals USA in York, PAJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: pleasant working conditions.
Cons: occassional personell changes.
I managed 11 drivers and handled their payroll, all of their trip information, ordering supplies for trucks, tracking shipments and much more. I learned a great deal about the trucking industry while there. All of my co-workers were friendly and helpful. My manager was also the dispatcher and he depended on me to take care of everything OTHER than dispatching. There really wasn't anything difficult about the job. I was good at it and liked it very much,
WORST JOB I HAVE EVER HAD IN TRUCKING
Driver manager (Former Employee), FontanaJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: you will make some money
Cons: you might not be able spend it, because they work you like a dog.
I was dispatched out of the Fontana yard but was in there so called "pool". For the first week I started in Fontana then after that they would send me to Los Angeles, Anaheim and everywhere in between (a couple hours from my house and the yard they said I was going to be out of). No OVERTIME at all and they want you back to work after your 10 hours are up even if you been on the clock for 16 hours. I've been driving to 15 years and this has to be, hands down the worst job I have ever worked at.
Good company
Area Manager (Former Employee), Lansing, MIJanuary 27, 2015
Good company, many opportunities for advancement. Culture matched my own. Upper management is supportive.
Good work, helpful staff.
Driver/ Lead (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: paid every week
Cons: late arrival of big rig truck
We would set up our fleet of delivery trucks for the day based the amount of routes given. Our routes would be assigned and when the big rig truck arrived, all the drivers would unload the racks from the truck and place them in specified area. After racks are loaded into delivery trucks and parcel counted for, the driver assigned takes truck to route.
I learned a different element in logistics, all the behind the scenes work. Dispatch and routing were a couple of things I developed while in this position.
Co-workers were helpful and dedicated.
I believe the hardest part of the job was when resources weren't available for us when needed such as having a hand truck for route. It wasn't often though.
The most enjoyable part of my job was working independently and if help was available for heavier routes, it was provided.

1 2 3 4 5

About Ryder

Ryder System, Inc. is a FORTUNE® 500 provider of leading-edge transportation, logistics and supply chain management solutions. – Read more