Ryder

Ryder Employee Reviews

Positive Values, Relaxed and Productive Atmosphere, Commitment to Excellence, Open and Honest Communication, Cooperation, Support and Empowerment
Rental Management Trainee (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALJuly 1, 2015
• Responsible for overall profitability, operations, and asset management of a commercial truck rental & lease location

• Identified new market segments and significantly expanded existing customer base – rental revenue by 47% and lease accounts by 35%

• Named District Outstanding Employee of the Quarter – June 2012
over all good company to work for
Maintenance Service Manager (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJune 30, 2015
Pros: company provides a lot of training
Cons: a lot of paperwork
Assist in trouble shooting with techs. Perform triage on drive ups.
set up and also assist in tech training. perform safety training with techs. Review repair orders and purchase orders. assist in warranty.
work with customers on daily basis. Enjoy working with the techs and day to day issues.
very employee friendly
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Lebanon, INJune 30, 2015
Pros: Excellent Management
Cons: company moving
I worked in many departments. Very active in training. Meet with clerks to set goals for the day and the week. Check to make sure we were on schedule for the day and week. Work on continues improvement plans.
Third Party logistics
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Van Buren, ARJune 30, 2015
Pros: co-workers
Cons: everchanging work schedule
long hours, but work was consistent so they went by quick.
everyday was something new
Great Co-workers
being a third party took the control out of our hands
Fun place to work
Collections Analyst II (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAJune 28, 2015
There is always something positive happening at Ryder. We are involved in several causes. They have all employee involvement and it is absolutely wonderful to be a part of such a wonderful company for the last 11 years.
Logistics Supervisor, Onsite (Former Employee), Stockton, CAJune 27, 2015
Long and rewarding days. Learned new ways to manage drivers and dispatchers. Figuring out new ways to solve problems and creating SOPs and implementing them.
Needed a/c and heat for the seasons
Team Member (Former Employee), Vonore, TNJune 27, 2015
Pros: Off Holidays
Cons: Worked some weekends
Get put in teams and get assigned a job. Learned how to use a box cutter correctly and about PPA.Could have been manage better. Co-worker was alright.
Gain knowledge and experience
Diesel Technician II (Current Employee), Salt lake cityJune 22, 2015
Pros: knowledge, union shop
Cons: no raises, management, health care, no overtime, and management dislikes union and all union members
i work on all types of vehicles light to heavy duty. You gain your knowledge from senior techs there. This place is a stepping stone for working else where, after enough experience with the company. No growth or expansion available,no overtime,no raises, work constantly above your pay grade without compensation or hope of advancing. Best part of job is u learn new things everyday.
Great Company
Sales Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee), Rancho Dominguez, CAJune 22, 2015
Learned so much in my 23 years with the company. Good staff, employee's and management. I was able to learn quite a bit in my years there.
Fun lean company with great potential
Rental Management Trainee (Current Employee), Bridgeport, CTJune 20, 2015
Awesome company to work for. you are immersed in so much, the learning experience in itself is worth the job. I learned so much, the training an development and the management is very sound. being a Fortune 500 Company metrics are constantly being used to measure performance so there is of course a heavy desire to have positive results. Advancement opportunity is immense and the people to work with are great.
...a great place to for learning your trade
tech 2 (Former Employee), doraville gaJune 14, 2015
excellent access to training material, and benefits are good...company is EXTREMELY policy driven, that they in effect create Soooo much red ted tape, it makes them woefully inefficient
Upper management needs to be seen more at sites.
SENIOR LOGISTICS MANAGER (Former Employee), Columbus, GAJune 13, 2015
Pros: Worked with a very experienced staff
Cons: Poor management at senior levels
The first 5 yrs I learn a great deal about the 3rd party logistics operations. After that they put in charge upper management that had no experience with the business that we operated. This made things very difficult on a a daily basis for me and the employees that worked there.
Good place
Customer Logistics Supervisor (Former Employee), Wixom, MIJune 12, 2015
Pros: Clean environment and opportunity for advancement
Cons: Favoritism and inability to place an employee after a layoff.
I enjoyed my time with Ryder and am trying like crazy to get back in. It was a clean and fair work environment. I promoted 2 times in my 5 years with the company. Its not a perfect company as I experienced some favoritism/politics as far as who gets promoted. The other issue I have is that I was laid off and was not able to obtain another position within the company even though I had 5 years of experience and nothing but praise from my superiors.
Great Solid Company
Recruiter (Current Employee), San Jose, CAJune 11, 2015
- good growth potential
- great ethics, culture, safety, accountability
- Love it here but need permanence, insurance, and more of a challenge.
- My skills are underutilized
Had quartley bonuses
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee), Morrisville, NCJune 9, 2015
Pros: Bonuses, matching 401k, health insurance, Pay
Cons: Beinging away from my family
Drive coast to coast with another driver. Pick up loaded trailer and deliver it. Hardest part was leaving my family. The best part was seeing this beautiful country.

I had great co-drivers. Overall, it's a great company to work for.
Good work enviorment and good people.
Logistics Analyst (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 8, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches on occation
Cons: Hard to move up
I work a swing shift at work and am looking for something similar. I work from 12:00 to 21:00. I am a Logistics Analyst for Ryder under the Toyota account. I manage the majority of the routes. I've learned an enormous amount of logistics based knowledge from working for Ryder. My co-workers are good people, but occasionally I do have to pick up the slack. It is hard to move up because in order to move up someone has to quit and that rarely happens around here.
No longer in business.
Customer Development Manager (Former Employee), NH and VTJune 8, 2015
AMI no longer in business but they were a good company. Lily sold off the leasing division but remain a very viable option in the dedicated logistics arena.
Great to work for
Tractor Trailer Driver (Former Employee), Vero Beach, FLJune 5, 2015
The ability to grow with FedEx is outstanding. Its management team is geared towards making sure that you are trained and have all of the essentials to perform your duties safely.
Nice social place
Scanner and Packager (Former Employee), Franklin Park, ILJune 3, 2015
Pros: able to talk to each other
Cons: Short breaks
A typical day consisted of scanning products, verifying its contents, relabeling the products and putting them on the assembly line. I learned how to work at a face face while following company rules. Management was there to watch and make sure we did our jobs correctly. My co-workers were friendly. The hardest part of the job was the standing for long hours.
Good
MRB Coordinator (Former Employee), Rialto, CAJune 2, 2015
Pros: We would get a free lunch every other friday for doing such an amazing job.
Cons: They gave us long breaks. And the cafeteria was not sanitize.
It was a good company to work. I learned so much. Inspection of solar panels and how they work. I also worked with our General manager, setting up guideline sheets and reviews of the week. The hardest part of the job was the meetings and what we discussed. Making sure we had everything we need to accomplish our goal for the day. Best part of the job was communicating with the managers and talking over with them the things we found wrong with the solar panels and as well taking pictures of broken solar panels. Working with a team of 5 helped very much. We all enjoyed our jobs and always helped one another out with almost everything. Everyone was very helpful and eager to work on making sure that we sent out qualified solar panels to our customers.

1 2 3 4 5

About Ryder

Ryder System, Inc. is a FORTUNE® 500 provider of leading-edge transportation, logistics and supply chain management solutions. – Read more

Ryder Salaries