Ryder Employee Reviews

Found 1,489 reviews matching the search
Always something to do
Rental Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYFebruary 26, 2017
Learning experience and you meet different people. Company will always let you learn whatever you would like. You can grow with the company.
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 25, 2017
Overall was a pretty good place to work. Any issues i had were immediately solved. Had meetings with my team every mor0ning which seemed to help keep us all updated on one another. The only thing that was irritating about the job was that they did not seem to have an accountablity .
Pros
Great oppurtunity for advancement
Cons
No accountablity
Fast Paced, Quality Work
Inventory Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAFebruary 24, 2017
Ryder provides supply chain solutions with the customer in mind. The management teams works closely with everyone involved to ensure quality work is done correctly and on time in a faced paced world.
Senior Director (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 23, 2017
Productive environment with dedicated employees and great work/life balance. Most challenging part of the job relates to lack of common understanding around vision and goals.
Excellent 3PL with a heavy focus on Transportation
Program Manager III (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 22, 2017
Great company to work for, very talented work force that has the ability to deliver complex customer solutions in Distribution Management, Transportation Management and Dedicated Fleet Solutions
Pros
Extremely talented well training Supply Chain Excerllence Team
Cons
Has a tendency to be too risk averse on new client deals
Ryder
System Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNFebruary 22, 2017
Typical day with Ryder began with monitoring a case incident que. To determine what issues have been recently reported and the severity for the issue reported. Escalation from the two lower levels would involve the team I was part of when resolution could not be found. Contacting the customer location reporting the incident and gather as much information as required. Determination if the issue reported is process or product. If the issue is replicated then the vendor that designed the software would be contacted for a bug fix. If and when the vendor corrects the issue, it would be tested on a identical mirrored test environment before migration into the production system. The testing and migration requires approval and dates of action set.
The Ryder information system is massive due to the amount of data that is processed on a daily basis. Their system is entirely customized and designed well for stability. Their dedicated fleet for freight movement is enormous and covers the continental U.S.A.
They hire a good deal of contractors without the offer of a permanent position available to save costs. Their employees are skilled and know their roles, but do not share enough knowledge and responsibilities.
Pros
Hardware provided, work remotely
Cons
Knowledge and responsibility sharing
Productive and fast pace
Onsite Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAFebruary 22, 2017
Rdyder was a contractor for major companies providing temp to perm positions, giving you on the job training, I learned how to operate and drive company vehicles delivering small to large items from one Bellsouth site to another. Operating a bob cat was a requirement to load and unload material. I manned different Bellsouth store rooms, providing customer service, answering phones, filing, typing up reports and mailing out important documents. Each I would come in early to restock the store room, check emails, clean the construction yard, sign material in and out for the contractors. It was never a dull moment, there was always something to do which is what I loved about the job, until I had to work in the rain and mud.
Pros
company parties, owns space to work
Cons
working in the rain
Fun place to work and very productive
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 22, 2017
Ryder Phillips is a great opportunity. The management is wonderful, you have guaranteed hours, you can get as much over time as you need , friendly staff and employees
Pros
Overtime
Cons
12 hour shifts in weekends
Good Company
Material Analyst (Current Employee) –  Pontiac, MIFebruary 21, 2017
I work offsite for Ryder. I currently do not have any Ryder benefits except my 401K; which is not bad but could be better. Questions to HR and management are answered promptly and they are all very helpful.
My life
DRIVER (Former Employee) –  New JerseyFebruary 19, 2017
I love to work. I do as asked and beyond. I do it as though I own the company. I work in rain, snow, hurricane, and blizzard. I a dedicated employee who shows up for work.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Local trucker
Local Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Burlington, KYFebruary 19, 2017
Will not go into details. My time with has came to an end and was I'm for me to take a different path. This was to start my career in aviation field and I am loving it.
Great Workplace
Customer Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Orion, MIFebruary 18, 2017
Great company to work for. They promote within. They pay a great salary and offer great benefits to their management and support staff. Anyone looking to get their foot in the door should look to ryder to do so.
Easy work shuttle inside plant mostly
Class A CDL Driver (Current Employee) –  Spring Hill, TNFebruary 17, 2017
Easy work , union , $17.45hr with night shift premiums ok insurance , people are nice , management ok , The boss is not a people person his managers under him have to carry his burdens , when he retires this will be a better place surely. You have to unhook everytime you bump the dock .
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Boss, Insurance, point system
Logistics Manager
Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAFebruary 17, 2017
The LM position is one where you can grow and learn about many issues due to working in a variety of customer settings. Overcoming daily issues related to delivery, logistics and employee development are met with best of class support and tools.
Pros
Company standards
Cons
Minimal pay increases
NIce and fun place to work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIFebruary 16, 2017
i would say you can move up in the company pretty quick. We always had if you were a customer and came into the store you would feel like family.
Nice place to work
Transportation Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 16, 2017
Great company but pay is on the lower end, I would work here again if given the chance. A lot of great people trying to continue growth. I would recommend this company to someone else.
Horrible place to work no organization by no means.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAFebruary 16, 2017
If you need a job this is a job to get you by until you can find something this is nothing you need to think long term or you end up miserable wondering why did you waste your time.
Cons
The Supervisors are very unprofessional, gossip, rude to coworkers and drivers. I never worked for a company with such poor management.
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAFebruary 16, 2017
They will not train new employees because they said they don't get paid to train. So you have to sit around and pick up what you can. The supervisors yell at other coworkers that are not part of management. It's been brought to upper management's attention but once you do that your assignment has ended. It would be a great place to work for if they replaced the female supervisors.
Pros
Drivers are really cool
Cons
Only get lunch break
No job security
Logistics Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fernley, NVFebruary 15, 2017
Working for a 3PL has limited amount of job security.
Operation is small with no room for advancement without relocating.
Decent pay.
Safe working conditions
Pros
hours
Cons
Contract uncertainty
Great place to work!
Logistics Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIFebruary 14, 2017
Great place to work, love my coworkers. Hours can get hectic from time to time, but at the same time, they will work with you when you need them. It is always a two way street and mandatory overtime is rare.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ryder. Our community is ready to answer.

71%