RYLAND HOMES

RYLAND HOMES Employee Reviews

Turn and Burn employee strategy
Superintendent (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 28, 2015
Turn and Burn employee strategy

Company made record profits then gutted the employee benefits, and standard options in homes.

Not about the customer or the employees anymore. The stock holder is the only stakeholder that matters here.
Great place to work with amazing people
Sr. Loan Processor/Underwriter (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZFebruary 17, 2015
Very fast-paced builder environment with great people and support. You are expected to be a self-starter and be motivated to get as much done as possible.
Fun & Outgoing Atmosphere
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee), Eden Prairie, MNJanuary 26, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was having a boss who was easy going and had a good sense of humor.

My co-workers and myself worked very hard but there was a good balance of fun and work load.

We had a good management team but some managers didn't have an open door policy which made approaching them a little bit awkward.
long hours, fast paced, heavy lifting
laborer (Former Employee), Montgomery, IllinoisJanuary 16, 2015
Great job, i love working outdoors, i had very fun but hard working co-workers. I love jobs that give me a bit of a workout.
Great Opportunity
Purchasing/Insurance Administrator (Former Employee), Plano, TXJanuary 12, 2015
Enjoyed every minute of the ride. the people were great. The parties were a lot of fun. learned a lot. Acknowledged you work performance and awarded.
Great opportunity to make a good living
Sales Counselor (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 19, 2014
Good place to work if you don't mind losing your weekends. Must have a prime location to have a lucrative income.
Fast paced and professional environment
Purchasing Administrator (Former Employee), Midvale, UTFebruary 19, 2014
I enjoyed working with state agencies and sub contractors. I learned invaluabel ways to deal with people in the construction industry
highly effective work environment
Office Administrator (Current Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 11, 2014
Everyone is highly productive in this office environment. There is little interaction between coworkers. Everyone has their job and works efficiently to complete their assigned tasks.
very good group of professional people. Easy to wrok with and for; enjoyed my time there
Executive Assistant to the Area President (Former Employee), Carmel INJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: full autonomy
Cons: no co-workers; i am a people person
supported the Area President and the Controller inland acquisitions for ten divisions. Built the office and presented a turnkey work environment for my executives. Managed office space and needs

Utilized my people skills to bridge the gap between my IT department being in Arizona with a 3 hours time difference working with outside tech support for various office needs; for example Ricoh tech, Geek Squad, AT&T, Brighthouse.
Team and family oriented
Superintendent (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: good salary, bonuses, benefits, perks.
Cons: known to not re-hire
My over all experiences with Ryland were positive. The housing bubble burst caused a reduction in workforce that included me. Would work there again.
Fantastic place to work
Accounting (Former Employee), Riverview, FLDecember 2, 2013
Pros: management and job description
Cons: darn economy, not ryland's fault
I loved everything about this job! The work and people were all great! If it was not for the economy hitting this company I would have loved to stay on with company until I could have retired. The best Controller there ever could be.
Great job but it consumes your life
New Homes Sales Community Sales Manager (Former Employee), Columbia, MDNovember 1, 2013
* Very satisfying job that is loads of fun but the hours and weeks are long plus you work every weekend.
* Your work and co-workers become your family
* Management has a tendency's to get caught up in the numbers vs. reality
* Great group of people that become your best friends and family
* Hardest part of the job is accepting that you'll never have a free weekend and the days can be very long.
* Most enjoyable part of the job is working with the people/customers to create and build there dreams.
you get paid for the results you sell.
Sales Counselor (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCOctober 17, 2013
Pros: great pay
Cons: too much paper pushing
just not very good at at the management level. my local manager was great, but the area manager, he was always at odds on what to do with us, always comparing our market to someone else.
Young denvironment
CUSTOMER SERVICE ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILOctober 10, 2013
Pros: learned thne construction business
Cons: cublicle
Warranty Admin - answered phones, managed the Warranty Manager day -
To be part of a team and design a computer program for that company
Manager was a smart man
I have letters from co-workers - part of a team
Hardest part was sitting in a cubicle
Enjoyable was the many facets of the job
Fun place to work with wonderful people.
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLOctober 2, 2013
Pros: co-workers were wonderful and great work atmosphere.
Cons: real estate market collapesed and we were in recession.
I helped people who were interested in building and buying a new home.
Closed up shop in Cincinnati
Production Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee), Mason, OHJuly 16, 2013
didn't take care of their people, laid of groups at a time.
checked jobs daily inspection reports. etc.
Always Traveling
First and Second Level Support (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 11, 2013
Pros: in the field
Was in charge of maintaining IT inventory and imaging computers in the field. Loved the people and the work environment.
best place i worked for
Builder I (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 21, 2013
Pros: best place to work
they are good build good homes and train well have a great scheduling system and treat their vendors and clients well.
Great work place
New Home Sales Counselor (Former Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 1, 2013
Opened models, practiced product knowledge and competition standards. Mailed fliers to prospects and previous visitors. Walked homes under construction to ensure production was timely. Pointed out issues/concerns to the construction superintendent. Drove the community daily to ensure cleanliness. Greeted visitors and provided knowledge of the builders history and assisted with new home selection. Requested plan revisions to the architect for possibilities and pricing. Wrote sales agreements, visited realtor offices and did presentations of our products and processes to promote a better working relationship with the realtors.
I learned the more you know about your competitor the higher your sales volume.
Co-workers are essential.
The hardest part of the job was when you were out of product and were trying to sell your new product sight unseen.
I enjoyed bringing families together as a community.
Top Houston Homebuilder
Onsite Sales Manager (Former Employee), Houston TexasJanuary 29, 2013
Pros: beautiful designs, great construction, high income, customer relationship building
Cons: weekends and holidays working/recession and income highs and lows/lack of lot availability
Onsite Sales Manager for Top Houston Homebuilder selling exceptional built production homes over $300,000.00 from contract to close of escrow including finance and all phases of design and construction. Proactive approach works best with weekly meetings with coworkers and construction working in tandem with corporate and management. The best part of this position is helping customers find their dream homes and adjusting to moves from out of state or across town and helping them settle into the new home with new neighbors, new sites, and new beginnings.

About RYLAND HOMES

Building the American dream is home sweet home for The Ryland Group. The homebuilder, founded by James Ryan and Bob Gaw in 1967,¬†constructs – Read more

RYLAND HOMES Salaries