Full-time position with benefits available in New Orleans office. Applicants must be locally domiciled. Applicant will work in petrochemical transmission and storage and must be able to obtain TWIC card and pass background check. Previous experience designing steel and concrete structures, foundations, and land development is desired.
Under general direction, performs moderately-difficult design assignments which require the application of advanced design techniques in accordance with company and industry standards and codes. Most assignments are performed with minimal guidance.
Responsible for a group of designers/drafters assigned to a single project or working in a specialized field.
High school graduate with vo-tech training in basic drafting technology (or equivalent working knowledge/experience), or a 2-year degree in drafting/design technology
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- This is a lead design position. Requires a high school graduate with vo-tech training in basic drafting technology and minimum 10 years related experience (or equivalent working knowledge/experience), or a 2 year degree in drafting/design in technology and 9 years related experience. Applicant must demonstrate a sound understanding of design concepts with minimal engineering input and a proficiency in utilizing manual and computer-assisted techniques for moderately-difficult design applications.
- Previous federal, government, or petrochemical project experience is a plus.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establishes design criteria for assigned phase of a project requiring the application of basic engineering principles, material properties, and a familiarity with construction, installation, and maintenance procedures.
- Provides conceptual input to projects during the planning stages.
- Prepares detail and layout drawings and sketches of unusual, complex, or original designs requiring the application of theoretical and practical engineering knowledge. Assignments regularly include determining material needs and performing necessary calculations using accepted formulas and references.
- Reviews manufacturers' or fabricators' prints for conformance with contract specification. Provides lower-level design/drafting personnel with design sketches for preparation of finished design drawings, general layouts, and guidance in refining technical requirements.
- Supports field assignments and leads field walkdowns as required.
- Provides technical guidance to lower-level design/drafting personnel and reviews completed assignments for accuracy.
- Regularly interfaces with other departments, clients, vendors, and project engineer in order to support project production.
- Performs other related tasks in support of project engineer that are non-routine and complex in nature, such as writing procedures and specifications; analyzing bids; compiling, and analyzing various engineering design and/or test data: estimating: etc.
- Performs certain administrative tasks, such as determining manpower requirements, establishing drawing schedules, assigning tasks to lower-level design/drafting personnel, etc.
Indeed - 2 years ago