Multidisciplinary: open to civil, electrical or mechanical. The Project Lead is responsible for the overall quality and timeliness of the work from all discipline personnel assigned to the area, and the coordination of the discipline leads. Also, may be responsible for the personnel in engineering support groups charged with tracking cost, progress, and schedule. Projects are in petrochemical transmission and storage. Good verbal and written communication and client relations skills are required.
Requires a four-year BS degree in engineering.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Requires a minimum of six (6) years total experience, four (4) in one or more of the discipline areas, or in an engineering support role, and two (2) years as a Project Lead I. Equivalent working knowledge and experience may substitute for work in a discipline or at the project level. Must have sound knowledge of the various software packages and automated engineering and reporting systems used at S&B.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Obtains a well-defined overall project scope of work from the project manager or client.
- Participates in progress reporting to the client, oral and written.
- Communicates with the client and other groups and departments working on the project.
- Approves all P&ID's revised or created for the project.
- Approves all new or revised drawings, standards, and specifications.
- Ensures accuracy of discipline audits and reviews deviations.
- Approves all inquiries and requisitions for engineered/tagged equipment and instruments.
- Initiates project change orders any time changes to scope affect the budget or schedule.
- Promotes good work habits and attitudes within the various disciplines.