S&D Coffee Employee Reviews in United States

route driver
Route Sales (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJuly 12, 2015
Sells and delivers product to stores over an established route to regular customers, including convenience and gas stations, small supermarkets, drug stores, etc.
• Drives the delivery vehicle and brings product into the store as it is sold.
• Responsible for ongoing rotation and stocking of product on store shelves and displays, and in coolers and vending equipment
Fast growing company
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCMay 28, 2015
S&D suffers from rapid growing pains, which complicates the process. Although it offers excellent job security as a result. The work environment is stressful and unfriendly due to lack of management and guidance. Once the company completes its restructuring I am sure it will be a fine employer.
Stable job
stress of customer compaints
phones
enjoyed my time at S&D Coffee
Route Salesman (Former Employee) –  Greer, SCFebruary 27, 2014
I was at S&D Coffee for 10 years it started out a great place to work great work life balance, then management changed we had to start working 6-7 days a week, no family life at all. Was given an opportunity to work with another company and have more family time.
Pros
good company, good pay
Cons
increase hours no family life
Very fast paced job with lots of overtime.
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCNovember 29, 2013
I would constantly check bags of coffee for quality. I would come in and set up my machine according to schedules and product avaliabilty. I learned how to set up my machine and keep it fixed. I also learned what the customers expected and to get the product out in a speedy matter. The management was strict about quality and being on your job but was willing to work with you in some areas if you had personal problems or problems with your job, Most of my co-workers were hard working and we would work as a team, helping each other but there were a few there just for a pay check. The hardest part was working lots of overtime, months on end without a day off. It was hard to even take a vacation day off even though you have 4 weeks to take. The most enjoyable things were the benefits, free coffee, cookouts, and ice cream socials.
Pros
free coffee, sometimes cookouts
Cons
to much overtime. the money was ok but need family time also. they didn't understand this.
Secure Company
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Concord, NCMarch 5, 2013
Very secure company and knowledgeable Upper Management however, there is very little room for advancement.
Pros
stable company
Cons
some supervisors lack the qualifications to be in their positions.
Good Company
Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCFebruary 26, 2013
Good company-only left for husband's out of state work relocation
Pros
na
Cons
na
Very busy and productive.
Customer Service Phone Operator (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCJuly 27, 2012
Taught me great organizational skills and helped me learn to use the multi-line phone systems and develop and refined organizational skills.