PRIMARY FUNCTION: Provides Softlab solution/application expertise needed for a successful implementation at a Client site. Will work with the project management to coordinate his/her activities with all other members of the team(s). May participate in additional department/functional teams as requested.
- Provide consultation on process design.
- Implement solution design decisions, tailoring application database to meet the unique requirements of the department and Client institution.
- Provide solution specific help to departmental/functional team leaders.
- Participate as a member of an individual design team for the standardization and optimization of key processes to be enabled by the associated CIS applications.
- Become educated on the application capabilities and recommended practices.
- Participate in application build.
- Collaborate with other design/application teams, other Client IS resources, CIS product experts and third-party resources to design optimized processes that can be standardized across the organization using a rapid design approach.
- Contribute to individual and team assignments.
- Oversee the gathering of information, completion of worksheets, completion and review of file build, and any other activities required to tailor the system to the specific requirements and processes.
- Participate in the development of interface specifications as appropriate/required.
- Participate in the development of test scenarios to test the redesigned processes and associated technology at the unit and integration level.
- Participate in unit, volume and integration testing.
- Collaborate with Application Rollout teams to conduct walk-throughs (dress rehearsals) to test processes and applications in individual sites prior to activation.
- Provide input into the development of training curricula integrating redesigned processes and application use.
- Participate in initiatives to support change management within the primary departments impacted across the organization.
- Participate in measurement of performance as required.
- Collaborate with the Technology and Site Prep teams to define workstation and network requirements to effectively execute new technology-enabled processes.
- Review/provide input into the post-activation site support model.
- Work with implementation team to troubleshoot issues throughout the go-live and post go-live periods.
- Demonstrated ability to work/contribute as a member of a team.
- In-depth domain knowledge related to processes to be designed.
- Ability to see system implications of functional/process requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to follow-through on commitments and meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated individual with an ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Good attention to detail.
- Has the ability to multitask.
- Has the ability to interact positively with a large variety of people/personalities
- Academic: Minimum BA/BS degree in related healthcare field, Information Technology or related field.
- Experience: 7+ years clinical experience, preferably up to 2 years experience in individual department or processes, 2+ years of technical application design/build experience for Softlab application(s) or equivalent.
- Physical: Must be able to perform all essential functions of the job, with reasonable accommodation if necessary. Travel required.
TRAVEL: 75% required. Ability to travel outside the US if requested.
ABOUT US: S&P is a leading independent provider of healthcare information technology consulting services. Our clinical and technical experienced team delivers a unique senior level perspective to contribute to the success of each project. With an emphasis on clinical systems we offer consulting services ranging from executive advisory to system implementation, optimization and support.
WHY JOIN S&P? We are a small consulting company that prides ourselves in hiring only the most talented individuals.