S&S Fire Suppression Systems, Inc. is a Rockland County, NY based engineering and contracting firm. We specialize in the design, installation, maintenance and service of fire suppression, detection and alarm systems. Our customer base includes large commercial developers, General Contractors and Construction Managers as well as local developers and builders.
In spite of the present economy, S&S is growing and is in need of intelligent, motivated, hard working people. Currently we have needs in our Engineering and Service Departments. We have full time career opportunities available for experienced applicants. We offer a culture that emphasizes individual growth and learning.
Our Service Department is young and growing and is looking for a Service-Sales Representative to grow with it. A minimum of (2) years of successful sales experience in a related business is required. With proper skills and attitude, significant personal growth opportunities will be available. Ultimate responsibilities include:
- Prospecting for new business including cold calling and business networking.
- Handling telephone inquiries and sales calls.
- Generating renewal service agreements through use of our customer data base.
- Processing leads.
- Conducting thorough on-site surveys.
- Identifying and selling value added service agreements to existing customers.
- Recommending and explaining the value of choosing multi-service packaging.
- Converting deficiencies from inspection reports into sales.
- Delivering attentive customer service and follow up.
- Addressing special job requirements with the customer.
- At times may work with our Accounts Receivables Dept. to help collect overdue payments.
- Standard Mon.-Fri. 40 Hour work week. May occasionally handle customer inquiries after normal business hours or weekends.
Long term career opportunities are limited only by individual goals and performance. Basic skills that are required include:
- Excellent inter-personal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong commitment toward professionalism and delivering excellent customer service.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Ability to learn and master new computer software.
- Basic knowledge of NFPA-25 and NFPA-72 is helpful.
- NICET Certification is a plus, but it is not a requirement.
- Effective negotiation skills.
- Involvement with professional, community, commercial/industrial organizations is helpful.
- Must have your own vehicle along with a clean driver’s license.
Salary offers are commensurate with experience. We offer a full benefits package including Health Insurance and a 401k plan.