S&T Bank

S&T Bank United States Employee Reviews

Very poor management
IT (Former Employee), Indiana, PAMarch 18, 2015
Cons: terrible management, boring work, living in or near indiana, pa, hostile environment
Management had no idea what it was doing and created a very hostile environment. They enjoyed placing blame on their employees regardless of the cause. They like to talk about how the bank is "one big family," but it made even the most dysfunctional family seem normal and loving.
Productive fun environment.
Member Service Representative (Former Employee), Irwin PAApril 29, 2014
Pros: worked with wonderful people and customers
Cons: part time hours were cut
A typical day would start with opening the branch's' drive thru, and working on the ATM deposits. After working on the morning ATM deposits we would open to the public and help with any transactions they needed done. Through out the day we would work with our customers and one another to make sure that all was done properly including dual control, and shutting the drive thru down for the day.

I learned a new banking system and the certain procedures that this particular institute used.

Management was wonderful. Our manager made sure that we were taken care of but still followed regulations. She would find ways to give us initiative for keeping up the good work that we all did.

I mainly worked with the women in the drive thru but everyone including those who worked in the lobby were hard workers. There were your typical people who liked to slack off and complain but they were far and few between.

The hardest part of my job was studying for my certification as a teller while working with customers. This particular branch was extremely busy so it was very hard to work on the paperwork they wanted you to fill out before the certification exam.

I loved working with the ladies in the drive thru. I had worked with them all several years before. I was welcomed back with open arms and it was as if I had never left. We would all laugh and have fun during the day which made the work day pass that much faster.
Engaging place to work
Recovery Specialist/FNMA Loss Mitigation (Current Employee), Brockway, PAMarch 20, 2014
S&T Bank has fully trained me to work delinquent mortgage accounts, and make decisions pertaining to foreclosure alternatives. All team members work well together, and it is a very good company to work for.
Hardworking peers that share the overall goals of the company
Certified Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Delmont, PAJuly 11, 2013
Pros: health benefits
Cons: sales quotas, customer mediator
The day consists of waiting on banking customers with their monetary transactions, account inquires, product needs, and maintaining these relationships.
The branch's daily assets and general ledgers have to be balanced while also keeping current with the proof work and customer needs.

While at the branch I learned time management and multi-tasking is critical. You have to be able to wait on customers while keeping the transaction balanced, validating the identity of the customer, and making sure the transaction is legal all in a few minutes.
During the afternoon is also when the assets (vault,ATM, coin and credit card machines) needs balancing.

Immediate supervisors and managers are very much involved and provide the support and motivation the team needs to succeed. By creating this supportive atmosphere my peers and I are able to get along and work peacefully beside each other.

The most difficult aspect of branch level operation is the retail and selling environment. Being held responsible for a customer's decision to open a new product or loan is taxing. It is not easy trying to sell a loan to someone who does not have a need or want for one.

The people I work with are the most enjoyable part of my working experience. The kind and caring attitudes made it possible to foster close friendships.
I learned alot
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Fort Allen, PAJuly 5, 2013
I learned a great deal from my time working for S&T. I was sad to see my position eliminated (all part-time employee positions were eliminated when the merger between Irwin Bank and S&T occurred. I originally worked for Irwin Bank) after I returned from maternity leave. I was a full-time employee until my son was born. I returned as part-time so I could finish school and have time with my son.
Career driven support
Relationship Administrator (Former Employee), DuBois, PAMarch 19, 2013
A company that cares about its employees that offers inside and outside training to ensure all employees are successful.
Customer Service Represenative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Monroeville, PAFebruary 20, 2013
Develops a working skill set, including competencies in bank operations and a strong knowledge of policies and procedures, required for the successful completion of Customer Service Representative Certification. Applies a combination of knowledge of the customer service information inquiry computer systems, service and trust skills, product knowledge, and knowledge of policies and procedures to successfully operate a customer service window in an efficient and accurate manner, providing exceptional customer service on a variety of transactions, including the following:
Utilizing computer inquiry system to properly identify customers, verify authenticity of the requested transaction, and complete required steps to protect customers and the bank from fraud (including, but not limited to; verifying balances, placing holds, and documenting proper identification). Accepting deposits, verifying endorsements, and issuing receipts.

The work was the most enjoyable part of the joy.
Great family enviroment/ team
CSR/Teller (Former Employee), Monroeville, PAFebruary 19, 2013
Pros: great work enviroment, benefits, salary based, set schedules.
Cons: low chance of advancement.
Everyone worked as a team and helped eachother. Benefits and break were very reasonable. Set schedules and a set salary.
Deceptive Manager
Financial Risk Analyst (Former Employee), Irwin, PAJune 5, 2012
I relocated from Ohio to Pennsylvania for this position only to find out after sixty days my immediate supervisor was not happy with me and hired another person to take my place. I was never given a warning this was going to come to pass.
Productive place to work.
AVP/Supervisor - EFT Services (Former Employee), Indiana, PAApril 22, 2012
Pros: free parking, nice offices
Cons: not the average pittsburgh salary, but very reasonable for w pa.
There are banks and then there are community banks. This is a true Community Bank, folks. You get to work with great management and staff that are still small enough to be concerned with the cuystomer and not the bottom line but have regional bank resources to solve problems and offer the right solution to every customer.

About S&T Bank

S&T Bancorp is the bank holding company for S&T Bank, which serves customers from┬ásome 60 branch offices in western Pennsylvania. – Read more