S&T Bank Employee Reviews in United States

Slow Advancement
Personal Banking Advisor (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PAFebruary 9, 2016
Sales position
Team Environment
Provided with tools and training to be able to do your job effectively
Fair Compensation
Very good benefits
Good work environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Indiana, PAJune 8, 2015
it is a good place to work. The pay is reasonable but nothing extraordinary. Great benefits. Depending on what department you are in, the people can be difficult to work with, but that is most workplaces. Overall it is a great working environment and there is always room to advance and gain more knowledge.
Pros
1 hr lunches, PTO, Paid Vacation, great health benefits, good opportunities for advancement
Great Place to work, Advancement opportunities available.
Mortgage Loan Specialist (Current Employee) –  McMurray, PAJune 2, 2016
S&T Bank is a great place to work. If you are willing to work you are rewarded for your efforts. This is a growing company with great futures for their employees. They care about your welfare and offer amazing benefits. The senior management team is even available to discuss concerns you may have.
Growing Commercial Bank
Merchant Processing Adminstrator (Former Employee) –  Indiana, PAApril 9, 2015
Family oriented when I started but much smaller fingerprint then. Grew to a much larger organization and lost the "family" feel but became a well-respected commercial bank rather than the small, hometown branch that I started at.
Pros
Great benefit package, including 401K with stock options
Productive place to work.
AVP/Supervisor - EFT Services (Former Employee) –  Indiana, PAApril 22, 2012
There are banks and then there are community banks. This is a true Community Bank, folks. You get to work with great management and staff that are still small enough to be concerned with the cuystomer and not the bottom line but have regional bank resources to solve problems and offer the right solution to every customer.
Pros
free parking, nice offices
Cons
not the average pittsburgh salary, but very reasonable for w pa.
Great family enviroment/ team
CSR/Teller (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PAFebruary 19, 2013
Everyone worked as a team and helped eachother. Benefits and break were very reasonable. Set schedules and a set salary.
Pros
great work enviroment, benefits, salary based, set schedules.
Cons
low chance of advancement.
Hardworking peers that share the overall goals of the company
Certified Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Delmont, PAJuly 11, 2013
The day consists of waiting on banking customers with their monetary transactions, account inquires, product needs, and maintaining these relationships.
The branch's daily assets and general ledgers have to be balanced while also keeping current with the proof work and customer needs.

While at the branch I learned time management and multi-tasking is critical. You have to be able to wait on customers while keeping the transaction balanced, validating the identity of the customer, and making sure the transaction is legal all in a few minutes.
During the afternoon is also when the assets (vault,ATM, coin and credit card machines) needs balancing.

Immediate supervisors and managers are very much involved and provide the support and motivation the team needs to succeed. By creating this supportive atmosphere my peers and I are able to get along and work peacefully beside each other.

The most difficult aspect of branch level operation is the retail and selling environment. Being held responsible for a customer's decision to open a new product or loan is taxing. It is not easy trying to sell a loan to someone who does not have a need or want for one.

The people I work with are the most enjoyable part of my working experience. The kind and caring attitudes made it possible to foster close friendships.
Pros
health benefits
Cons
sales quotas, customer mediator
Productive and fun workplace.
Telephone Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Indiana, PAJune 27, 2015
S&T Bank treats their employees with respect and help them adapt to the ever changing world of finance. Employees are provided with training courses, education material and opportunities to advance their careers within the company.
It was a hard jod job
Consumer Collector Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brockway, PAOctober 5, 2015
My job was moved so I lost my job. But really did enjoy what I did. My co workers made it easier. Collection can be difficult.
Very poor management
IT (Former Employee) –  Indiana, PAMarch 18, 2015
Management had no idea what it was doing and created a very hostile environment. They enjoyed placing blame on their employees regardless of the cause. They like to talk about how the bank is "one big family," but it made even the most dysfunctional family seem normal and loving.
Cons
terrible management, boring work, living in or near indiana, pa, hostile environment
Customer Service Represenative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PAFebruary 20, 2013
Develops a working skill set, including competencies in bank operations and a strong knowledge of policies and procedures, required for the successful completion of Customer Service Representative Certification. Applies a combination of knowledge of the customer service information inquiry computer systems, service and trust skills, product knowledge, and knowledge of policies and procedures to successfully operate a customer service window in an efficient and accurate manner, providing exceptional customer service on a variety of transactions, including the following:
Utilizing computer inquiry system to properly identify customers, verify authenticity of the requested transaction, and complete required steps to protect customers and the bank from fraud (including, but not limited to; verifying balances, placing holds, and documenting proper identification). Accepting deposits, verifying endorsements, and issuing receipts.

The work was the most enjoyable part of the joy.
I learned alot
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Fort Allen, PAJuly 5, 2013
I learned a great deal from my time working for S&T. I was sad to see my position eliminated (all part-time employee positions were eliminated when the merger between Irwin Bank and S&T occurred. I originally worked for Irwin Bank) after I returned from maternity leave. I was a full-time employee until my son was born. I returned as part-time so I could finish school and have time with my son.
Productive fun environment.
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Irwin PAApril 29, 2014
A typical day would start with opening the branch's' drive thru, and working on the ATM deposits. After working on the morning ATM deposits we would open to the public and help with any transactions they needed done. Through out the day we would work with our customers and one another to make sure that all was done properly including dual control, and shutting the drive thru down for the day.

I learned a new banking system and the certain procedures that this particular institute used.

Management was wonderful. Our manager made sure that we were taken care of but still followed regulations. She would find ways to give us initiative for keeping up the good work that we all did.

I mainly worked with the women in the drive thru but everyone including those who worked in the lobby were hard workers. There were your typical people who liked to slack off and complain but they were far and few between.

The hardest part of my job was studying for my certification as a teller while working with customers. This particular branch was extremely busy so it was very hard to work on the paperwork they wanted you to fill out before the certification exam.

I loved working with the ladies in the drive thru. I had worked with them all several years before. I was welcomed back with open arms and it was as if I had never left. We would all laugh and have fun during the day which made the work day pass that much faster.
Pros
worked with wonderful people and customers
Cons
part time hours were cut
Deceptive Manager
Financial Risk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irwin, PAJune 5, 2012
I relocated from Ohio to Pennsylvania for this position only to find out after sixty days my immediate supervisor was not happy with me and hired another person to take my place. I was never given a warning this was going to come to pass.
Engaging place to work
Recovery Specialist/FNMA Loss Mitigation (Current Employee) –  Brockway, PAMarch 20, 2014
S&T Bank has fully trained me to work delinquent mortgage accounts, and make decisions pertaining to foreclosure alternatives. All team members work well together, and it is a very good company to work for.
Career driven support
Relationship Administrator (Former Employee) –  DuBois, PAMarch 19, 2013
A company that cares about its employees that offers inside and outside training to ensure all employees are successful.

2.9