S&T Bank Employee Reviews

Fun Bank
DBC Representative (Current Employee) –  Indiana, PAJune 19, 2017
The company has a great culture, and the people I work with are great. The only issue is the monotony of the job itself. Having prior experience in the banking industry, I can easily say that S&T takes pride in its customer service and it's employees, and offers a lot of cultural benefits to its workers.
Pros
Free Lunches, Nice Coworkers
Cons
Boring
Financial Advisor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indiana, PAMay 9, 2017
It was a good place to work, chance for moving up the ladder. Fair and honest employer. I only left due to the fact of a higher position and better pay.
Good company to work for
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Indiana, PAApril 12, 2017
Working in a Walmart branch was great. Always interesting and interactive. My co-workers were fun to work with and always helpful. It is a small local bank which helped to keep it communal
Best place to work in Indiana, Pa
IT Desktop Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Indiana, PAFebruary 13, 2017
Great place to work! Such great leadership and always moving forward. Growing bank in the area and always hiring very qualified people
Good Place to work
VP & Loss Mitigation Manager (Former Employee) –  Indiana, PAJanuary 26, 2017
They are a good place to work. Offer a lot of training for their workers. Their hours are good and they offer a lot of perks including healthcare, wellness, vision and dental.
Great bank to work for
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Armagh, PAJanuary 1, 2017
S&T was a great company to work with. My co-workers and I got along great and if I needed any help, there were there to offer their assistance. The only reason I left was that my hours were cut substantially. Otherwise I would have stayed and possibly retired from there.
customer focused
Retail Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indiana, PADecember 2, 2016
A well organized company with a strong focus on customer service being first and foremost. S&T eagerly promotes internally and hires applicants with the idea they will advance in the company.
Great Place to work, Advancement opportunities available.
Mortgage Loan Specialist (Current Employee) –  McMurray, PAJune 2, 2016
S&T Bank is a great place to work. If you are willing to work you are rewarded for your efforts. This is a growing company with great futures for their employees. They care about your welfare and offer amazing benefits. The senior management team is even available to discuss concerns you may have.
Great company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Delmont, PA / Indiana, PAMay 16, 2016
Really enjoyed working at S&T. Worked with a lot of great people, working with this company was like having a large working family. They were truly concerned about their employees.
Pros
Staffing
Cons
Pay
Slow Advancement
Personal Banking Advisor (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PAFebruary 9, 2016
Sales position
Team Environment
Provided with tools and training to be able to do your job effectively
Fair Compensation
Very good benefits
It was a hard jod job
Consumer Collector Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brockway, PAOctober 5, 2015
My job was moved so I lost my job. But really did enjoy what I did. My co workers made it easier. Collection can be difficult.
Productive and fun workplace.
Telephone Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Indiana, PAJune 27, 2015
S&T Bank treats their employees with respect and help them adapt to the ever changing world of finance. Employees are provided with training courses, education material and opportunities to advance their careers within the company.
Good work environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Indiana, PAJune 8, 2015
it is a good place to work. The pay is reasonable but nothing extraordinary. Great benefits. Depending on what department you are in, the people can be difficult to work with, but that is most workplaces. Overall it is a great working environment and there is always room to advance and gain more knowledge.
Pros
1 hr lunches, Pto, Paid Vacation, great health benefits, good opportunities for advancement
Growing Commercial Bank
Merchant Processing Adminstrator (Former Employee) –  Indiana, PAApril 9, 2015
Family oriented when I started but much smaller fingerprint then. Grew to a much larger organization and lost the "family" feel but became a well-respected commercial bank rather than the small, hometown branch that I started at.
Pros
Great benefit package, including 401K with stock options
Very poor management
IT (Former Employee) –  Indiana, PAMarch 18, 2015
Management had no idea what it was doing and created a very hostile environment. They enjoyed placing blame on their employees regardless of the cause. They like to talk about how the bank is "one big family," but it made even the most dysfunctional family seem normal and loving.
Pros
Cons
Terrible management, boring work, living in or near Indiana, Pa, hostile environment
Productive fun environment.
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Irwin PAApril 29, 2014
A typical day would start with opening the branch's' drive thru, and working on the ATM deposits. After working on the morning ATM deposits we would open to the public and help with any transactions they needed done. Through out the day we would work with our customers and one another to make sure that all was done properly including dual control, and shutting the drive thru down for the day.

I learned a new banking system and the certain procedures that this particular institute used.

Management was wonderful. Our manager made sure that we were taken care of but still followed regulations. She would find ways to give us initiative for keeping up the good work that we all did.

I mainly worked with the women in the drive thru but everyone including those who worked in the lobby were hard workers. There were your typical people who liked to slack off and complain but they were far and few between.

The hardest part of my job was studying for my certification as a teller while working with customers. This particular branch was extremely busy so it was very hard to work on the paperwork they wanted you to fill out before the certification exam.

I loved working with the ladies in the drive thru. I had worked with them all several years before. I was welcomed back with open arms and it was as if I had never left. We would all laugh and have fun during the day which made the work day pass that much faster.
Pros
Worked with wonderful people and customers
Cons
part time hours were cut
Engaging place to work
Recovery Specialist/FNMA Loss Mitigation (Current Employee) –  Brockway, PAMarch 20, 2014
S&T Bank has fully trained me to work delinquent mortgage accounts, and make decisions pertaining to foreclosure alternatives. All team members work well together, and it is a very good company to work for.
Hardworking peers that share the overall goals of the company
Certified Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Delmont, PAJuly 11, 2013
The day consists of waiting on banking customers with their monetary transactions, account inquires, product needs, and maintaining these relationships.
The branch's daily assets and general ledgers have to be balanced while also keeping current with the proof work and customer needs.

While at the branch I learned time management and multi-tasking is critical. You have to be able to wait on customers while keeping the transaction balanced, validating the identity of the customer, and making sure the transaction is legal all in a few minutes.
During the afternoon is also when the assets (vault,ATM, coin and credit card machines) needs balancing.

Immediate supervisors and managers are very much involved and provide the support and motivation the team needs to succeed. By creating this supportive atmosphere my peers and I are able to get along and work peacefully beside each other.

The most difficult aspect of branch level operation is the retail and selling environment. Being held responsible for a customer's decision to open a new product or loan is taxing. It is not easy trying to sell a loan to someone who does not have a need or want for one.

The people I work with are the most enjoyable part of my working experience. The kind and caring attitudes made it possible to foster close friendships.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Sales quotas, Customer mediator
I learned alot
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Fort Allen, PAJuly 5, 2013
I learned a great deal from my time working for S&T. I was sad to see my position eliminated (all part-time employee positions were eliminated when the merger between Irwin Bank and S&T occurred. I originally worked for Irwin Bank) after I returned from maternity leave. I was a full-time employee until my son was born. I returned as part-time so I could finish school and have time with my son.
Career driven support
Relationship Administrator (Former Employee) –  DuBois, PAMarch 19, 2013
A company that cares about its employees that offers inside and outside training to ensure all employees are successful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at S&T Bank. Our community is ready to answer.