S.P. Richards Employee Reviews

Finest place I ever worked for
Assistant Manager Receiving Dept Operations (Former Employee) –  East Syracuse, NYNovember 16, 2017
Worked very hard ,but were well compensated for your efforts . Excellent management team and great co-workers. Stayed busy your whole shift and knew when you left that you worked a solid day
Pros
Graet benefits, time off .
Cons
limited advancement
A very declining industry which is getting smaller every day.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Jessup, MDOctober 8, 2017
The office products industry has been decimated by Amazon and Costco, even Staples and Office Depot are struggling so the mom an pop Office Product Dealers that SP serves are much fewer than ever. Hard to increase sales when most of customers are going out of business.
Pros
Working with dealers and their sales staff, education them on the latest and helping them produce
Cons
Increased quotes with less customers
No stars
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 26, 2017
Watch out for Tampa warehouse on Harney Rd. Night supervisor rude, very unhelpful to new employees and not professional at all. No team work that i could see....temps stay away...go to another warehouse. Wouldn't recommended it all. Straight up terrible experience.
Horrible
Order Puller (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHAugust 31, 2017
This company is all about catering to first shift. People are not trained correctly. Issues do get resolved and the hours are ridiculous. Management is joke.
Pros
Holidays off
Cons
Late nights, weekends, pay, management
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILAugust 28, 2017
My previous employer was a joy to work for as most days presented me with different challlenges and experiences. After being there for 22 years, I learned more about management, our Headquarters part of work, and was able to grow with many different duties expected of me. My environment was a small office, usually easy going but at times some challenging co-workers.

I would have to say the most difficult part of the job was keeping up with the archived paperwork as the months past so fast, but this would so soon be forgotten when you have the appreciaton from customers for the help and answers they were seeking. Some even sending letters to our Heaquarters with words of praise.
Very nice easy going staff
Cycle Counter (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILAugust 21, 2017
Very nice place to work and learn new task. Enjoyed the work performed, loved the staff, workers, and learning new things on a daily basis. Would have loved to retire at this location.
Great workplace Great Pay
Order Filler (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 3, 2017
Homely environment. Consistent work. On a typical day you know what youre going to get. Management is very hands on. the most enjoyable part of the job would be breaks.
Great opportunity
Furniture Coordinator and Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 1, 2017
Great opportunity with experience in the furniture industry doing business to business customer service. Great entry level position with great training
A productive work environment
Helpdesk Technician (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAJuly 9, 2017
More people than ever are telecommuting and companies realize they can reach beyond their own metro area for the right employees. This has employees residing in cities all over the world, telecommuting from home or working in satellite offices.
Pros
versatility in every section
Cons
Under staffed
Good money for the work
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJune 14, 2017
Not a bad job if you are someone who does not have a college degree or certification. Entry level positions paid well. The biggest downside were the hours for the shifts. Day shift had too early of a start time and Night shift took away your entire day. Not good for family life.
Average Rating
• Slackers never leave
* Above average move on
On your feet 8-10 hours a day
Order puller and packer (Current Employee) –  Metairie, LAMay 18, 2017
A typical day at work is pulling and packing office supply orders. I learned how too use a voice activated headset. The hardest part of the job is lifting heavy items and working in the heat, Great benefits.
its ok could be better
Order Puller (Current Employee) –  Jessup, MDMay 10, 2017
The employees make the place workable
I learned the clamp and stand up forklift
hardest part is not knowing how the work day is going to go
most enjoyable part is the job is doable
Office supply Warehouse
Warehouse Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 30, 2017
It was a struggle most days, with a management staff that was not only under trained in product and operations but were also under trained in management.
Pros
set schedule
Cons
Poor work environment
productive
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 24, 2017
A typical day at S.P. Richards can be stressful at times but kind of fun some days when you have employee be racing around to finished a order before the other
Pros
free coffe and tea
Cons
15 mins break
Travel around to stores pverseeing the start to finish of resets
Furniture Business Development Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 22, 2017
Typical day at work could include anywhere from talking with a contractor, managing my associates to ensure the corrective action is taken when delivering the end result of a store. The workplace culture in this Fortune 200 company, you can tell they don't like change. Life is about change and everyone should try to catch up. Hardest part of the job is dealing with districts that don't want to have their stores redone. The most enjoyable part of my job is, I love a challenge, love travelling, enjoy working with people and most of all knowing I made a difference in someone's life.
Pros
Travel
I enjoyed working here
Purchasing Agent/Sales & Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 17, 2017
I did enjoy working here but I felt there wasn't room for advancement for me and that after some time it was time for me to explore my options so i did.
great stable company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, GAFebruary 20, 2017
This company offers a lot of opportunity to grow and learn more about the industry. The company has been around for a long time. It should invest more in IT.
Pros
Great to work for!
Cons
Invest more in IT
Good people and technology
Senior Java and Big Data Developer/Architect (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAJanuary 4, 2017
Typical day at work is normal. Normal stress level. Great technology and good people. Management is nice. Co-workers nice. Enjoyed working with all.
Needs to understand that life happens
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Jessup, MDDecember 13, 2016
Does not understand that life happens! Some great co workers but the rest are lazy and supervisor knows and let them be! Long hours very tiresome always on your feet no down time at all! Great GM just wished she knew about all that goes on in her company! Great pay and discounts
Pros
Pay & some co workers
Cons
Supervisor, breaks, lack of teamwork