S.P. Richards Employee Reviews

liked this job
Material Handler/ Order Puller (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 2, 2016
laid back job ok to work at came in did job and left overtime wasn't mandatory and management was laid back long as job was completetd
Exhausting
Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Jessup, MDOctober 22, 2016
worked at the Jessup Maryland facility as a temp. They press you to pull like 90 line items an hour and make you think that they will hire you permanently if you meet the quota. I finally met the quota after months of practice. The day I was eligible to become permanent, they told the temp agency that they didn't need the temps anymore. The manager lied just to get us to work at an extreme rate of speed. Depressing atmosphere
Pros
Time goes by fast because you are non stop moving
Cons
under pressure to meet the quota
Every 5 years they you got to pick something nice
Driver and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSOctober 2, 2016
Worked there 15 years 7 in the office and 7 as a driver when they decided to contract out the driving jobs. It was hard when but understand it is business to try and cut cost.
Great company
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Concord, NC 28027September 24, 2016
Great company good benefits worked there 22 yrs. Work was challenging which is something I loved. I learned to use a RF scanner and PKMS system. Also learned how to package products and print labels for the the product. Work front line, load trucks, pulled some orders. Management needs a little improvement. Most of my co-workers were great.Some of the hours was really long 13 hrs. some days got a little rough. I enjoyed the work and most of the people I worked with,
Don't even waste your time! Seriously!
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Maplewood, MNSeptember 15, 2016
I saw the reviews of this place before I took the job. I figured maybe the people reviewing were lazy, or just complaining.

This place seriously is a joke! I worked there 7 months and saw at least 30 people get hired, and walk off the job. I am not exaggerating! I know how to work hard and all, and I bust my butt.

The management here are clowns. They have a quota system here you have to pull a certain amount/ hr. Depending on the job it can be hard or easy to make quota. The problem is when they lose everybody your job is safe, because they need you. As soon as they get enough people hired back, and temps. Then they start coming around bugging you about not making quota, and any other mistake you make. So it is like they don't really want employees.

The pay is good, and they have regular raises at certain time intervals. Benefits are good, they match what you put in to 401K. It is just if you can make it that long.

Worst part is not knowing if you will have a job, ALWAYS! They need to get rid of the quota system, and just monitor their employees. If their employees aren't working. Let them know!

Also, if you work night shift. (and the reason the quota exists) is because when people get close to be done for the night they slow down. To make all that overtime money. So when they are short handed expect to be there 10-14 hours until our done.

Like I said, "This place is a joke!"
Pros
Pay, Benefits
Cons
Management are clowns, Quota system, HUGE TURN AROUND
stay away from this nightmare!!!
Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 22, 2016
very strict with double standard policies. they hire you right away with part time positions, but use too many weird excuses in order to avoid giving you full time or benefits. they fire more than they hire. this company will go from bad to down the drain if they don't liquefy their filth aka area managers, hr over-due retirement hags, and micro management corruption. please avoid this place. theres better jobs or opportunities else where.
Pros
weekly pay, weekends off
Cons
too much corruption, and overstrict rules and policies meant to fire you in a heart beat.
place is not a family type of work place
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Concord, NCJuly 31, 2016
the managers have relations with employees the general manager scott ask the managers about another worker named reggie who pull reserves asked the managers have he failed his job yet..... and the upper management is racist
Stay away from this company!!
Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 19, 2016
This company has a BIG turnover rate, reason being? They push their employees to the limit and stress the heck out of them. After talking with management, all they care is for the company to hit their quota at the Volume Per Employee. Which means you need to bust ur a** for low pay and if you don't hit your quota, you get slammed with written warnings and pretty much after your first 3 months of employment you're FIRED!! Yup stay away from this company and I would recommend you don't waste your time.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Everything once you step foot inside
bad management
Order Puller/Packer (Former Employee) –  Mira Loma, CAJune 25, 2016
Very unprofessional management, they make advances at staff. The only good part about this company was the pay. No advancement
Pros
pay
Cons
management
Great pay and flexible hours.
Warehouse Order Puller/Packer (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 8, 2016
I enjoy the fast paced work environment, and going above and beyond what is expected of me. Management is flexible with part time hours.
no chance for advancement but good pay, good for a temp job
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCMay 31, 2016
I worked as hard as I could, and as fast as I am capable. I worked harder then some people that usually made quota. They want you to work faster then is humanly possible, so to make quota you have to cheat in some way or another. The job does pay good for what it is, but if your honest and hard working do not plan on working there long because you will either get fired for not making quota or get burned out. Also repetitive stress injury will eventually be an issue unless your super human.
Pros
good pay
Cons
boring, and repetitive
Good Company With Great Benefits
Office Manager/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Concord, NCMay 26, 2016
I have been with the company for 18 years now.
I love my customers and the industry as a whole.
The benefits are great but there is no room for advancement.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
No advancement
Fast Pace, Lots of walking, bending, lifting.
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Mira Loma, CAApril 6, 2016
sometimes 50 to 55 hour work weeks. Pay is nice but lots of work. You never really know when your going to go home. Atleast at the facility in Mira Loma.
Pros
excellent benefits!
Cons
50-55 Hour work weeks is harsh on the body
sucks!!!
picker, packer, stocker, reciever (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 8, 2016
No matter how much hard work you put into this place, they don't appreciate anything you do. I was the only woman in this place making less than everyone. Everyone before me made the same amount of pay and everyone after me was getting paid more. I got record high numbers pulling. I went in there and did my job and I worked on weekends when they asked me to. But my daughter was throwing up at daycare and they let me go cause they decided to change the point system a week before this happened. Its the most unorganized place ever!! The only good thing about this place is vacation time!! The healthcare, I paid 200 something outta each pay and still had to pay all my doctor bills except 20$. The breaks are supposed to be 15 minutes but its actually 10 cause they want u back at your spot in that 15 minutes! Oh, and it was a rule YOU HAD TO ASK TO USE THE RESTROOM!!
Pros
vacation time
Cons
healthcare, breaks, pay, everything!
Unprofessional s p richards
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 7, 2016
This company should have its doors closed. It violates the health inspection code... The entire warehouse is covered in dust and trash causing its employees unable to perform their daily task. Management is very unprofessional and very inappropriate. Management allows employees to use profanity and also use profanity themselves. The warehouse is COLD during the weather months and HOT during the summer months. The turn over rate is ridiculous. The employees make the work environment very hasstle keeping up he say she say mess throwing away your lunch stepping on your toes trying to have you fired and gossiping throughout the warehouse. Very messy place to work.
Pros
HR has no idea what goes in this place the entire staff would be fired!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cons
Short breaks, (only 30 mins and you always work over)high turn over rate, no heat, no air, dust from the floor to the ceiling, poor management, short staffed..... Very unprofessional work environment!!
Garbage Parts Company
Order Filler (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 29, 2015
The work is fine, the co workers are petty and steals your food. The management is poor and their ethics barely keep people there. You can find a better bi-weekly job. Don't work there
Pros
pay
Cons
short breaks, high turn over
Order picker (Former Employee) –  Mira Loma, CADecember 13, 2015
Always work to do. Never a light day. Its a fast paced work environment. My co workers are awesome. The hardest part about the job is keeping your line count up.
A bunch of young kids that show nothing good for the company!!!!!!!
stocker (Former Employee) –  Kansas City MoJuly 20, 2015
There is to much favoritism the supervisor acts like they have no time for you. Learned very little. management are stuck on there selves tell you one thing and do totally the opposite. co-workers are mostly kids with an attitude the whole company acts like it's a prison hardly no happy faces at all there's no career in this company and lot's of turn overs all together not a good place to work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
none!!!!!!
Cons
breaks, management, co-workers, Benifits
productive
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 12, 2015
Good workplace and a easy job. Time went by fast because you stay pretty busy. Only bad thing is you don't always get your hours. Breaks were long and you got two of them.
good team work and learning new warehouse operations
Warehouseman (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 10, 2015
I would start my day pulling parts then I would begin checking and quality assurance (damaged, shortages, over pulls,or wrong product) of items pulled before packaging and labeling them for UPS, Fed Ex, LTL or for our trucks for delivery each night. If a member was missing I would take over their position doing bulk pulling (desks, filing cabinets, cases of paper). Taking boxes from the conveyor belt on to pallets for direct shipment, loading trucks at the end of the night and helping with clean up afterwards.
Pros
free lunch once in a while good pay and benifits
Cons
not much room for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at S.P. Richards. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8