A SAGE Company
Account Manager, US Sales
Millions of people around the world turn to SAGE’s journals, books and electronic products to inform their studies with the latest research findings. Adam Matthew, a SAGE company, is a leading publisher of online primary source collections, sourced from libraries and archives around the world. Our collections span the social sciences and humanities and cover a multitude of topics ranging from medieval manuscripts and Victorian moving images to popular culture ephemera from the 1960s and confidential government documents. Now part of SAGE, Adam Matthew’s customer base is growing rapidly, and our specialist product line is drawing attention from many new libraries.
Join the team of talented and motivated professionals who are champions of engaged scholarship and creators of innovative and award-winning products. With offices spanning six continents, SAGE Publications aims to be the world’s leading independent academic and professional publisher by disseminating the finest scholarship on a global scale.
Adam Matthew is currently seeking an Account Manager in the US to be located in a major metropolitan city (Los Angeles, New York, Boston, Chicago, Denver)
The Account Manager will be responsible for increasing the US customer base and revenue in North American libraries. This position will proactively identify sales opportunities and contact prospective customers; manage long-term sales cycles and negotiate with buyers in the library environment, and support end-users and faculty experts with product demonstrations. The position does require domestic travel, approximately 15 weeks out of the year.
Qualifications include, but not limited to, the following:
- Bachelor's degree in the humanities field from an accredited university.
- Minimum two years’ experience selling library products.
- Proven experience of academic background in the Arts and Humanities.
- Advanced selling skills.
- Excellent communication skills – oral and written – ensuring our customers receive a positive experience with and image of the company
- Experience of Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Working experience using CRM systems.
- Experience of presenting and product demonstration.
- Awareness of digital library resources, and an ability to learn and sustain advanced Adam Matthew product knowledge.
Adam Matthew offers a competitive bonus structure as well as a comprehensive benefits package.
Qualified applicants should present their resume, cover letter and salary history for consideration to our website at www.sagepublications.com/careers for more information.