SAIC Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,133 reviews matching the search
Contract work No Good!!!!!!
Remedy/ Specialist/Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCMay 16, 2016
Integrate MRAP vehicle Comm system and learning Remedy system .
Management sucks!
Great co-workers.
Nothing was hard about the job. Learning new things all the time.
Today you might have a job and the next day jobless.
I got paid very well.
Contract work.... NO GOOD!
Pros
Pay very well and learn new things. Never a dull job.
Cons
Work today and jobless the next day/ contract work.
fun and productive place to work
Engineering Technician III (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 14, 2016
One phase was the integrating part of NIE, where we would install the systems into the military vehicles that were under test. The next phase was to test and validate these systems as well as educate the soldiers on this. Phase 3 is where we would conduct our field tests with the soldiers in complete control of the equipment but we were there for support when needed. The final phase was removing the installed equipment and get ready for the next install. I liked my position at SAIC because every few months there was a change of pace and shifted gears, keeping work interesting. There was always something to learn. Co- workers were easy to get along with. Management was caring, educated, and informative. I learned the contracting life, the systems introduced to the Army as well as the process that goes into NIE.
Pros
Pay, field exercises
Cons
contracting
Less than average job quality
SR. Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 12, 2016
Company/projects lack direction and knowledge from management. The work being completed is more important than being done correctly.
Pros
broad experience
Cons
sloppy work enviroment makes it difficult to be current with competitors
Enabled me to continue to serve the US Military
Many - (Former Employee) –  St Louis, MO; Warrenville, IL; and at home.May 2, 2016
Typical workday? - no such thing, which is one of the reasons I enjoyed working for SAIC. My tenure at SAIC also involved me in a myriad of different tasks and subject areas - always challenging and educational. Enjoyed working with co-workers, many much younger than myself and open to and willing to be subject to my mentoring. I cannot state that any part of the jobs held were "hard" - challenging yes; requiring self education yes; requiring long hours sometimes.
Mediocre Management; Worth the Pay
CHCS Software Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAApril 30, 2016
When I worked for SAIC they paid well. Stock options earned me quite a bit of money. Great benefits. This was back in early 2000s. My site wasn't run well. Sometimes ridiculous management, some lazy co-workers.
Pros
Prestigious job, great pay.
Cons
Management unwilling to handle complaints-things never changed.
Productive place to work, learn and grow.
Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  Northern VirginiaApril 23, 2016
We were shown / taught the spirit of being competitors within the company and outside. This supported personal and professional growth.
Pros
Competition pushed everyone to be better.
Cons
Short on company paid holidays.
SAIC is a Great Place to work
Technical Team Lead/Senior Oracle DBA (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 20, 2016
I always feel proud of my job at SAIC because the DHS projects which I worked are mission critical and used to serve all 50 states individuals. These systems able to manage with high availability.
Daily Database routine tasks are streamlined for all the Enterprise level supported projects. All the environments with built in security which I worked I learned a lot and all stake holders and vendors always impressed by my contributions.Excellent co-workers and nice management. Career growth and learning and improve the skills it is a great place to work.
Pros
Projects with State of the Art Technologies and better experience
Being the Lead Air Operations Center Mission Trainer was a very fulfilling experience.
Lead Air Operations Center Mission (Former Employee) –  Barksdale AFB, LAApril 19, 2016
A typical work day was 0730-1630L, standard 40 hr work week. As the Lead AOC Mission Trainer it was most rewarding to facilitate the training requirements outlined in the AFIs to ensure the warfighters were ready for deployments and day to day mission needs. My-co-workers were very professional and cooperative, which made my job that more pleasant.
Pros
Ability to meet customers training objectives and send them off to support our National Interest
Cons
Didn't match 401k
Professional
Web/Graphic Database Intern (Former Employee) –  MacDill AFB, FLApril 17, 2016
The day mostly consisted of doing research on softwares and developing graphic images for the websites being made for the Top Secret Security Network for CENTCOM.
Good leadership, hampered by government
Junior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 15, 2016
The teams and talent are adequate, but sometimes the government isn't always helpful in knowing what it wants or in how it takes suggestion.
Great environment
Configuration Control Representative (Current Employee) –  Ft. Bliss, TXApril 13, 2016
hours vary but are great with work/ life balance
hire professionals
on the job training
provides company phone
great leadership
promotes easily
tuition reimbursement
insurance
Pros
Great pay
Cons
contract longevity
Skylla Eng (Former Employee) –  Stafford, VAApril 12, 2016
Great place to work, supportive employees. Promote education and provide funding to attend school. I would recommend them to other other employees. Pay on time.
Awesome job - co-workers were terrific
Development Lab Administrator (Former Employee) –  Red Bank, NJApril 10, 2016
Supported employees with IT desktop and server. I was able to obtain my government clearance. Worked closely with FSO, provided COMSEC security on desktop equipment and phones. Co-workers with awesome.
Pros
job was challenging but rewarding
Cons
Government contract which came to an end.
Excellent place to work
Logistics Analyst IV (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 7, 2016
SAIC is a employee focused company

Management was focused on the task(s) and keep employees informed

Being on a government contract was able to set my own hours, as long as the work day was in conjunction with the government hours
One of the best work environment I been in
QC Technical Inspector (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 6, 2016
Get to work with US military on a day to day basis and help make their lives safer while in harms way. leadership is open minding and will to listen to anyone on the team. On a daily basis you will learn something new. This job is always evolving to support the customer. The only down fall I see right now is that it is and contact job.
Good experience
Sept.2015 Multimedia Developer (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 29, 2016
My team was great, I learned a lot by working with closely with senior members of the team. Everyone was very supportive in terms of working together toward a common goal. Management was magnificent. I have no regrets about working for SAIC.
Productive work environment
Policy Analyst V (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 29, 2016
Impressive group of management and co-worker professionals. Mature and dedicated workforce. Excellent in job matching applicants to customer needs.
Pros
Benefits package
Military friendly
Engineer Technician III (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 28, 2016
Great job for veterans. Military friendly company, with a job focus to better the lives of soldiers on active duty. Working on, fabricating, and upgrading military vehicles.
Pros
great team spirit
Ok but not that great
Instructor, Defense Intelligence Agency (Former Employee) –  Stafford, VAMarch 25, 2016
I enjoyed working there but a sudden change of management revealed many problems and ignorance..

A lot of hard headedness and self glamorization mixed with insecurities on part of managers who are limited in their experience, made the program a major failure
Like many public defense companies
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCMarch 16, 2016
Like many public defense companies. Changed significantly after the company went public and split. Lost much of it's charm and prestige.