SAIC

1.1K reviews

SAIC Employee Reviews

Flexability in career paths - strong commitment to the US Military
EMA/AMSEC - Quality Engineer /Platform Manager (Current Employee), Charleston, SCAugust 28, 2015
Pros: great benefits and flexable working hours as necessary
Cons: projects were subjet to governemnt contracting and, thus, not very dependable
I started as a Technical Writer, evolved into QA and then some management positions. I even was allowed a brief opportunity to contribute as a mechanical assembler in Afghanistan.
Our company mission was to support the US war-fighter.
ok place to work
Subcontracts Administrator (Former Employee), Falls Church, VAAugust 26, 2015
This place was a great stepping stone as a beginner in my career. i learned a lot. However, work life balance wasnt so great. Management was extremely strict and the environment was just ok.... benefits were great
Overseas work enjoyed working with the soldiers
Parts Clerk/Billeting Coordinator (Former Employee), AfghanstainAugust 24, 2015
Pros: Travels, great pay
Cons: Being in a wartime situation
Working in a warehouse getting parts for the soliders of there vehicle
so they could go out and do there mission. I enjoyed working with all the different co-workers I meet from different countries. one of the hardest part of the job wa being away from your family for a long periods of time. And the most enjoyable was I got to see and travel to a lot of different countries and cities and to meet a lot of new peoples.
building security specialist (Current Employee), Hanahan, SCAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Great place
Cons: Parking
SAIC is a great place to work, and they care for their employees. I've been here for over 5 years and have built long lasting relationships. However in as much as I may love working here, I'm looking for advancement.
I had a rough time here
database management (Former Employee), Springfield, VAAugust 18, 2015
Management for my particular job set was not very helpful. As soon as I was placed, management was hands off. I would still recommend this company
no complaints
Journeyman Analyst-Senior Principal Analyst (Former Employee), charlottesville,vaAugust 16, 2015
Overall a great company to work for.no major complaints. Large corporate company but management is employee centered.
Productive & Informative workplace
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALAugust 13, 2015
Required travel
Management was very involved with projects and knew you by name.
Company is very supportive in employees furthering their education.
I give SAIC a 90% rating but its spin-off somewhere around 65%
Sr. Cyber Security Analyst (Former Employee), Ridgecrest, CA and Colorado Springs.August 12, 2015
Pros: really good but expensive benies. Really interesting but technically challenging.
Cons: Many services shifted to employees and some elements of poor managemt.
SAIC is a very good company.

However it split into two companies about 3 yrs ago, the other being Leidos. As with spin-off during an economic downturn a great deal of pressure was put on producing /billable employees. Leidos went to ITIL services and that forced extra weekly time on employees to provide what used to be supplied by non-billable employees. That was a great extra burden. It appeared to many of us that we billable employees existed to make life easier for the non-billable regardless of how much unbillable time we had to put in to satisfy the service requirements.
A great company to work for
Software Configuration Management Analyst (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALAugust 11, 2015
Pros: Good monetary compensation
Cons: Health insurance has big deductible
SAIC is a fabulous company with a bright future. They have recently split from their parent company in order to increase Govt. contract opportunities. I greatly respect their management and work philosophy.
Defense firm making its mark on Huntsville AL
Administrative Assistant/VTC Coordinator (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALAugust 9, 2015
Typical day:assisted with travel plans, reviewing reports, filing expense reports and setting up daily VTC conferences.
Great place to work.
Technical Program Manager/COR (Former Employee), Rockville, MDAugust 9, 2015
You must take initiative to take on additional responsibilities. You must expose yourself to different kinds of skills in order to grow in your career. Their raises were better than some of the other companies.
Excellent Company to work for with challenging opportunities for career advancement
Senior Engineer Program Analyst/Facilities Manager (Former Employee), Waimea, HiAugust 7, 2015
Pros: excellent pay and benefits
Cons: focused of defense contracts that had a short life span
Management from the bottom up with lots of encouragement for all employees to participate in all aspects of the job. Provided opportunities to advance ones education and career within the company.
I love this company
System Integration Analyst II (Current Employee), ILAugust 6, 2015
Pros: Everything I looked for in a company
Cons: I was only able to get on for a short contract
I joined it on a short contract and it does not look like they have an opening for me. It is a top of the line company and the best I ever worked for.
They are a good company to work for.
Communications Engineer / Tech Controller (Former Employee), PentagonAugust 6, 2015
They are a good company to work for. They are a great company to work for. They are a company to work for. They are a good company to work for.
Good company to work for.
Contract Closeout Manager (Former Employee), Oak Ridge, TNAugust 4, 2015
Pros: Really good people on my team, very dedicated.
Cons: No room for advancement
I liked my job and the people that worked for me, but there was no opportunity for advancement and the salary was low in comparison to other positions within the company with equal experience base.
Excellent Company
IT CONSULTANT (Former Employee), Washington, DCJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Employees treated well, training encouraged
Cons: Like most contractors, opportunities limited to niche market
Excellent company that excelled at treating it's employees well. If you wanted specific training, they supported it. Also have a wide variety of assignments. However, if you found yourself off an engagement, then you may quickly find yourself in the unemployment line.
Great Company
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Falls Church, VAJuly 30, 2015
Pros: In-house Training
Cons: None!
Great people and very smart. Worked with managers that understood the mission and were great leaders. Very organized and driven company.
Execellent place to work
Senior Subcontracts Manager (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALJuly 29, 2015
Great place to work. Great management, environment, facilities, people, conditions. Allows you to grow and develop personally and professionally.
Decent Contractor to work for
Remote Site support (Current Employee), MarylandJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Hours and Flexibility
Cons: contractual type work
Seems like a decent contractor to work for, pay is pretty good if you land in the right position. Management seem to work with you well when you need time off. Low stress work environment.
Gd company to work for
Vehicle Inspector (Former Employee), KWIJuly 26, 2015
I worked as a Contractor for the company. My manager was really good. The salary was also good. People was good to work with