SAIC Employee Reviews in United States

n/a
Cyber Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, AL 35803July 26, 2016
Cyber analyst
learned IA tools
Management hard to get support
Co-workers are great
Hardest part of the work is communication
once the assigned task assigned is complete
Pros
itsajob
Cons
managers have a hard time communicating
Billing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 26, 2016
SAIC has an extremely great and professional job culture and atmosphere. Leadership is ahead of the class in support and development.
Pros
Good Lunch
Cons
Micrmanagent
Try not to get caught up in the who's who drama because for some reason the charleston branch is full of bull shitters
Logistics (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJuly 23, 2016
Great contractor company to get your feet wet in. Poor management at 1602. Fun people to work around but upper management they all are friends and if your not in the CLICK you get walked on. It's hard to advance unless you know someone.
Pros
They teach you
Cons
Poor management
Was there over 20 years and seen lots of changes.
Full Lifecycle Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNJuly 22, 2016
Large organization. Great co-workers. Had many opportunities while there. Work/life balance was very good. Management was changing when I was laid-off. The compensation/benefits were very good. In my time I saw a lot of manager turnover.
Pros
Great Flexibility and co-workers
A very secure place to work.
Materials Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAJuly 18, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job was the people that I worked with. I also enjoyed driving the company van which left me get out of the office.
Learned a lot
Project Control Associate (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 17, 2016
I learned a lot at this company. My boss has shown great leadership skills and truly cares about his employees. I learned about invoicing, accruals, and I got work directly with PMs and Subs.
HR support is not the best.
Logistics Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 16, 2016
Not bad, but not great. SAIC focuses on using at-home workers to keep overhead down, which is their focus: keeping overhead down to maximize share-holder profits. Naturally, this affect how workers are treated and the quality of the company's products.
Great company to work for
Senior Training Developer/Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fort Leonard Wood, MOJuly 13, 2016
I loved working for the company. great benefits and pay. They have numerous site across the country and world to look at for position opportunities.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Contract work
Productive and Evolving work spcae. Always learning something new
Administrative Assistant/ Resource Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYJuly 13, 2016
A work day was always filled with something new. From preparing for a class to being out on the range. I learned a lot about self motivation and resiliency. Along with hosting classes I had my own personal duties consisting of ordering supplies, organizing my co workers schedules, accompanying the managers for meeting. My managers where very kind and had a vast knowledge base if I ever had any questions. There was nothing really to hard about working there. We worked as a team and someone was always able and willing to help the next person. I really enjoyed the fact that everyday was different and that we worked so closely with or customers.
Pros
Got out the office often, meeting new people, consistly learning new things
Cons
overtime was unavalible
Great Place to work
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJuly 1, 2016
I was pretty busy most days. I did a lot of travel arrangements and expense reports. Everyone that I worked with was very nice and easy to get a long with.
SAIC - is a great place to work
Senior Cyber Architect (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 25, 2016
SAIC provides a great stable work environment. At SAIC you will work with some of the brightest and smartest people in the whole country.

The hardest part of the job is when the client does not take your recommendations.

Best of part of job is that SAIC customers are world class.
Pros
Job mobility is great since SAIC is world wide, 401k 5% matching
Cons
Health Care for family of four out of pocket is about $15k
Great Company to Work For
Supply Chain Manager (Current Employee) –  Hanahan, SCJune 24, 2016
Growing company that is a pleasure to work with. Progressive management team with great vision.

Great team atmosphere and teamwork.
Pros
Flexibility, Benefits
Cons
Job security, with outstanding benefits.
Movement Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  KuwaitJune 23, 2016
Would recommend the company, took care of the employees, great with interacting with the employees. Management, kept personnel informed.
Pros
great pay
Cons
contract work
Productive and fun workplace
Designer/CAD Operator I (Current Employee) –  Bedford, INJune 21, 2016
Co-workers are very knowledgeable and willing to help when it's needed. The things that I have learned here in only a year are unbelievable, like the many different projects that I have been able to work on and all of the new people that I have been able to meet.
Productive work place with a more human feel.
Engineering Technician III (Current Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXJune 20, 2016
I know it's hard to claim, but there are few places that truly have that organic relationship between management and workers. SAIC happens to be one such place. At no time do the workers feel under appreciated. That being stated it should be pointed out that SAIC is in the same work category as Booze Allen, Harris, Lockheed Martin and other DOD contract companies. So if you don't care for uncertain futures or periodically searching for another place of employment, seems to happen every bid cycle. Avoid. However if none of that bothers you and you love the excitement of it all, SAIC is the place for you.
Pros
One of the best Health Savings Accounts out there.
Cons
limited advancement opportunities.
Electrical Engineer Tech II (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJune 19, 2016
Best company I've ever worked for. Laid back. Great management. Just do your job and go home. Great hours, great pay. Climate controlled environment. Nice enough people.
Short term employment due to contract loss
System Safety Engineer, Principal (Current Employee) –  Stafford, VAJune 13, 2016
I have not here long enough to make an assessment.
No other comments due to having only worked here for 3 months before losing our contract.
An internship here gives you a great prelude to coporate life
Unit lead Engineer (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 31, 2016
As an intern I learned new things in programming and self discipline in project progression and goal achievement. The pay was well above other interns and my mentor was by far the best I have had.
Pros
great place to get started in the coporate life and learn
Cons
hardly anything I can think of
Horrible place to work
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Huntsville AlabamaMay 28, 2016
politics over rules. Constant bickering among management. Getting the job done and better relationships with senior client management is not important. There are no on-boarding protocols. No one wants to answer questions regarding interface methodologies and status. Atmosphere is totally dysfunctional.
Pros
Pay to start with modest raises
Cons
Incompetent senior managers . Revolving door specialist that come and go monthly.
Shady
N/A (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VAMay 26, 2016
Shady management and shady business practices that place sub-contractors in a position were their hands are tied. One employee was let go of his position; promised it back ( with a pay cut) once he reapplied. Not only did he not get the position but he also was told he was over qualified for his own position. They decided to go with the bosses best friend son.

I was let go with three days left in my two week notice and I was a Sub-Contractor.

I will say at the time I needed a job but it served it purpose but if you get hired be careful and use it as a launching pad to find another.
Pros
Serves its purpose