SAIC

SAIC Employer Reviews

Good place to work, but very dependant on project work
Business Analyst/Project Mgr/Sr Technical Writer (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 21, 2014
Pros: occasional free lunches (during meetings), family type of group (we all know one another)
Cons: too dependant on project work
Management kept changing their minds on direction of the company. There was no real long-term plan for the next 5-10 years. Guess that's why our division was sold to the lowest bidder??

The company was way too tied to project work. My personal experience was that I had attended a week-long training class (mandatory by the company) that I almost was – more... released for, because my billable hours were 0 for that week.

My co-workers made the job for me, as I was able to learn from them without hesitation. – less
Fast paced place to work
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee), Alexandria, VANovember 21, 2014
• Primary receptionist for a small office of 25 people. Answered phones, welcomed and received guests, customers, and vendors.
• Performed data entry; typed; prepared FedEx domestic and international air bills; filed; and performed other clerical duties as assigned.
• Managed the scheduling of conference space and effectively interacted with a variety – more... of professional staff at all levels. – less
Excellent Total Rewards, Little Job Security
Geo-Location Operator (Former Employee), Augusta, GANovember 19, 2014
Pros: great pay & benefits, strong culture & community
Cons: low job secuirty, hard to grow/cross-train
Work hours vary depending on the position. Due to the nature of government contracting, there is less job security than in other industries, however, the pay is excellent. Co-workers were friendly and professional, and freely shared their expertise. Management communicated openly and was also professional and easy to get along with. The intelligence – more... field is very tight-knit group, even in contracting, and it supports a very strong community and culture.

The most difficult part of my job was the long hours (10-12 hour shifts). SAIC stands above many other contracting organizations in that they truly put effort into rewarding their employees for their knowledge and skills. They also make every effort possible to keep you in the company when contracts end. The only negative I had was that there was little room for growing in my particular position even when I expressed interest in expanding my knowledge and skills. – less
Great company to work for
Recruiting Coordinator (Current Employee), McLean, VANovember 17, 2014
Pros: leadership
Challenging fast paced environment with high demand. Great Team and leadership. Great company to work for.
Innovative and challenging work enviornment
Senior Quality Engineer Lead (Current Employee), Houston TXNovember 12, 2014
Pros: very interesting projects
Cons: salary
Cordial work environment
Challenging work assignments
Great Management
Friendly Co-workers
Great Management
System Administrator/Database Instructor (Former Employee), Atlanta, Ga.November 4, 2014
Company is great to work for I would recommend people to them for jobs. I enjoy working for them.
Great company to work for
Geospatial Analyst (Former Employee), Chantilly, VANovember 3, 2014
I had a very good experience with SAIC. My husband is active duty military and SAIC was very accommodating. They were willing to push my start date back so i would not have to leave my family early.
High integrity organization
Network Engineer (Former Employee), Washington, DCNovember 3, 2014
SAIC is another government contractor that is well respected but has often been subjected to government investigations. The compensation is not the greatest but it's above average. The company prides itself over it's reputation and heritage (scientific), and majority of the staff are well educated and professional with the level of service they provide.
Software Engineer (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALNovember 3, 2014
Pros: great location
Cons: funds
Great place to work. Employee oriented. Great coworkers. Management could use improvement.
Systems Engineer, Leidos (Current Employee), Vienna, VANovember 3, 2014
Management is the absolute worst, does not care about their employees, only about the numbers in their paycheck.
Excellent team environment
Software Application Engineer/Project Manager (Current Employee), Lexington Park, MDNovember 2, 2014
A very strong emphasis on team work and collaboration among teams. They have a very strong emphasis on supporting the customer.

The biggest challenge was responding to rapidly changing requirements and tasking from the customer. In every instance the team was able to respond.

The best part of the work was the challenge of adapting to a changing environment.
Great colleagues, too much CEO turnover
HR (Former Employee), McLean, VAOctober 28, 2014
Pros: telework arrangements, depending on manager, very flexible
Cons: horrible medical/prescription plans, lacking stability, limited upward mobility due to dramatic cuts in personnel
While this is by far the best group of employees I've ever worked with, the executive leadership is very flavor-of-the-day. We've had excessive CEO turnover and have really underperformed.
Great place to work until the budget axe dropped
COMSEC Specialist/Info Security Analyst (Former Employee), Kennedy Space Center, FLOctober 27, 2014
Pros: flexible working hours
Cons: they didn't keep their promise, when the courted me for the job saying it was a 10 year contract, and i was axed due to budgets, in a little over two years, i wished i would have stayed in my old job!
One of the best jobs I ever had. I just wished I knew the job would end because of budget cuts. I could have stayed in my old job and been just fine. Now....10 months of being unemployed is...well...you know, tough to say the least.
Interesting place to work and get knowledge of weapons parts and assembly
Small Arms Repairer (Current Employee), Crane, INOctober 26, 2014
Pros: fun work enviroment
Cons: no room for advancement or raises, no job security
Receive weapons for particular job, we serialize them and check them in and make sure weapon count sheet is correct and then we begin the process of breaking down the gun and checking the parts and making sure parts that are still good can be reused. Then we begin the de-burring and cleaning and recoating the parts and getting them ready to reassemble – more... the guns, after they are reassembled we begin the pre fire testing to check the functionality of the weapons is correct and good. Then we will test fire all the weapons to complete the process and we will then clean the weapons and continue the process to check them in to supply and have the weapons shipped back out to the customer. – less
Worked with the best and brightest
Technical Analyst (Former Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 25, 2014
Pros: always busy
Cons: no cons
Nothing but praise for SAIC. Opportunities for advancemen. Working with some of the brightest on the war in terror from U.S. Cenral Command at McDill AFB in Tampa, FL
Fun and grat place to work
Electromechanical Technician High Power Microwave (Former Employee), New MexicoOctober 20, 2014
Great Benefits, management is great. Very good pay and room to to grow.
Good for DoD and Armed Forces Contracts
Program Manager (Former Employee), Lakewood, COOctober 19, 2014
Very large company. Has split in two recently. Once was employee owned and employees were in a better situation. Most everyone is very smart.
Excellent work environment.
Proposal Manager (Current Employee), Proposal ManagerOctober 19, 2014
The company provided an excellent work environment. They manage people for success.
Business Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee), McLean, VAOctober 18, 2014
Great place to work, good managers, good jobs and good co-workers.
SAIC/Leidos is a good company.
Senior Systems Engineer (Former Employee), McLean, VAOctober 15, 2014
SAIC recently split into two companies. SAIC and Leidos. Like all Defense contracting companies, the companies were impacted by large defense cuts.

1 2 3 4 5

About SAIC

SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches – Read more