SAIC Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
High volume, high pressure, motivated staff
Contracts Manager (Former Employee) –  McLean, VASeptember 21, 2017
When I was at SAIC it was a very good place to work. The dedication of the personnel at the firm was great. It was very fast paced, and expectations were high.
great company, great benefits
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VASeptember 20, 2017
Good place to work in, good chances if promotion, good feedback and training from management. Friendly environment and coworkers. Neat technical material .
Pros
good benefits
Encouragement to Advance within Company
Project Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 20, 2017
Very successful company that I have found to look out for my best interest and would like to see my climb the ladder within the company. They are always looking for bright, motivated and encourage advancement.
Toxic
Sr. Training Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 20, 2017
Toxic location to work and the divisions within the project are at war with each other to obtain attention from the upper level management and to shift blame to other divisions
Good company - resonable and honest
Director of Organizational Development (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VASeptember 19, 2017
Good experience
Learned a lot
Good people to work with
Very diverse technical capabilities and services
Highly entrepreneurial culture
A self-starting, self-managing person can do well there
Pros
Freedom to experiement
Cons
Often competed with other departments for work
no advancement poor pay
HR Administrator II (Current Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNSeptember 19, 2017
Low salary, heavy work load, management plays favorites. No room for advancement, repeatedly told you have growth potential. Open positions are filled outside of the company for higher pay with no experience.
On site but still felt part of the Coporation
Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCSeptember 19, 2017
SAIC is a typical defense related contractor therefore work with them is dependent on government contracts. However they do make every attempt to place their employees in other positions in the event their current contract ends.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Great Company
Provisioning/Word Processor II (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VASeptember 18, 2017
Great Company to work for. Pay is great. Work schedule is awesome. All in all a great company to work for. Full benefit package. The only negative is that its contract work.
Really enjoyed working for SAIC
Material Control Specialist II (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCSeptember 18, 2017
I had never been in this industry. I thoroughly enjoyed learning the trade of government contracting and excelled quickly in the environment. I highly recommend working for this company if given the opportunity!
Great company
IT Sys Engineer Principal (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 17, 2017
Employee focused. Good balance work life. Company is growing and many opportunities. Many locations that the company is located and the company has great management.
good
Network Engineer and Alternate COMSEC Manager (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 17, 2017
Good company that seems to look out for their employees. They actively pursued redeployment options for me when the contract I was working on expired. No experience dealing with HR but I hear good things.
Productive and professional
Alternate Contract Manager (Current Employee) –  Enterprise, ALSeptember 14, 2017
Great place to work, caring employers and career opportunities. I would recommend this company to anyone. Many ways to help advance career and professional/personal life.
Friendly but watch your back
Government Furnished Property Manager (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CASeptember 14, 2017
Some managers were easy to work for. Some managers will listen and work with you to fix problems. My work was with a number of Government contracts, using the FAR and other US Government regulations in support of GPS program. I was able to save important test and save money for the USAF by knowing the FAR and NSA regulations. As well preventing mistakes on bids on a Government contract.
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
Lack of trust
SAIC is a leader in the space and has great people
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 12, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at SAIC and had the opportunity to work with many great people. There are so many smart people working to solve hard problems here and that is inspiring.
n/a
Junior Cyber Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VASeptember 11, 2017
A typical day at work is fast pace. You have no time for anything but your job but it makes the day go by faster so Im thankful for the job. Also you learn a lot a rub elbows with a lot of senior leadership.
different everyday
Lead Operator (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILSeptember 10, 2017
I learned so much with this job because it was going on during Y2K. The most enjoyable part of this job was the pay, which was the most I had ever made.
Good co-workers
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bagram, AfghanistanSeptember 10, 2017
Enjoyed working with the people on the team, everyone worked together to get the job completed, sometime stressful but working with the military is the most rewarding job a person can have.
Pros
Tax exempt
Cons
War zone
Great working environment
Senior Physical Security Specialist-AT/FP (Former Employee) –  Reston, VASeptember 8, 2017
Reviewing project matrix
Construction security
Great management team
Constantly busy with project
job did no have difficult points
Great teamwork with coworkers
Productive yet still able to have an enjoyable workplace.
Electronic Publishing Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 7, 2017
Having 50-85% billable work and remaining 15% is administrative work.

I learned what it entails to be a manager, that you can be productive and yet still have an enjoyable workplace. Became more efficient on with Word programs.

The local management I was under was great. The Program Manager took care of his group. He made sure that all billable employees in his group had the work to meet or exceed their billable percentage per pay period.

We all worked as a team. We all offered to help other departments once our own work was done. Our group had worked for so long together that we could depend on each other backup help.

Hardest part of the job was having to go through so many organizational changes and office moving.

Most enjoyable part of the job was working with such a great group/co-workers. It was great team work. We were productive yet still able to have fun.
Good company to work for,
Program Manager/ Business Development Engineer (Current Employee) –  Work from homeSeptember 7, 2017
SAIC is a good company to work for, if you are committed you can excel. Benefit packages are consistent with other companies in the same arena. Flexible schedule
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Last minute meetings that occuring on holidays and weekends

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SAIC. Our community is ready to answer.