SAIC Employee Reviews

Found 1,199 reviews matching the search
IT Project Management
Project Management Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 7, 2016
Recently started to support a federal client. a lot of change in my team and a lot of new learning. Please go to SAIC.com to view the benefits package.. Good Luck
Contractor
Ground Communications Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CADecember 7, 2016
I enjoyed working for SAIC as a Contractor with the United States Marine Corps. The hours were great. The benefits were adequate. Pay was great. Not good enough for SoCal life but there's not much you can do when it comes to contracting.
Mixed Emotions
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  McLean, VADecember 6, 2016
Very organized company, well thought-out processes from the get-go starting with onboarding to the day you decide to depart.

Always worked dual roles, not acknowledge or compensated for the additional responsibilities for working simultaneously as project analyst or technical administrator for launching e-learning 'only paid to be an assistant'.
Cons
Underpaid - Lack of Promotion (No OT)
good company to work for throughout 10+ years
Logistics Lead (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCDecember 6, 2016
always busy solving problems with good people around you. primarily focused on getting the job done and protecting the customers assets to build future business.
Acceptional
Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, ILDecember 5, 2016
I have learned from my position at SAIC that you are not the only person that can get the job done and work remotely being an administrative assistant. It take team work to work to full capacity remotely.
Great company
Electrical Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Murrieta, CADecember 5, 2016
Loved working with them. Great company good people. I liked working with the Military to get their mission completed. Got to travel and got per diem of whatever I didnt spend.
Professional and Research-oriented
Senior Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHDecember 4, 2016
Competent staff, serious about doing a good job. Efficient. It was a pleasure to work in an environment with values similar to mine. Managers did not seem to be as capable in their jobs as the technical people were in theirs. Also, there was no job security at all. When a project was done, so was the employee. Everyone had to stay aware of when their projects were coming to an end, and start sending out resumes. The business development staff was largely ineffective.
Pros
Competent staff, research-oriented environment, excellent capabilities to address customer needs
Cons
Job security was about the worst of any large company in the defense industry, management was incompetent; business development people were not effective.
I loved SAIC!
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 3, 2016
It was my favourite place. The people, the contracts, the systems we worked on. Fascinating. But these are government contracts and those come with rules and the contracts are sometimes awarded as 1 year with 3 extra years optioned. So carefully charging correctly and staying in POP dates and not charging incorrectly is a big deal. Option years suck because that means your only guaranteed 1 year. They could go somewhere else for the next 3. Every year, your worried about the next option year being approved. It's like working on one year contracts and stressing every year that you might be laid off.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Roll outs of new applications and systems were not thought out and/or used to fullest potential.
Large Company
ADMIN OFFICER/PROJECT MANAGEMENT ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Pentagon, DCNovember 28, 2016
Large Company tough to fit into management perspective, not a great situation when it comes to re-deployment, pretty much on your own to find new job.
They will train fresh out of school
Drafter/Designer (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCNovember 19, 2016
A place to help young people grow. Once you go through schooling and have degree, it's hard to advance. Then you have to look for work elsewhere.
Pros
Working with military
Cons
Restructuring business
Overall an excellent company to be a part of
C4ISR Field Support Coordinator/Manager (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 17, 2016
My fellow associates were all very responsible and professional enough to make sure we accomplished all of our testing requirements. Everybody pitched in to assist wherever help was needed.
Plenty of work, bad benefits
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 16, 2016
SAIC is prime on several contracts so it is easy to go to a different project if you wish, but for a company whose only product is it's people it really does not invest in its product. They cut benefits and then the following year sent out flyer bragging about record profits. That just has not sat well with many employees.
Pros
Plenty of work
Cons
Terrible benefits
employment
CYBER SECURITY ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Marshall, ALNovember 15, 2016
nothing out of the ordinary, good work environment, fellow employees were friendly, helpful and professional, work location was close to the house and flexible.
Pros
employment
Cons
laid-off
Good organization
Systems Integration Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 14, 2016
Great benefits and wonderful leadership. Enjoyed visits from managers taking us to lunch and spending the time to get to know us. Very forward looking company. Hands off management style.
Decent place to work
Senior Chemist (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARNovember 10, 2016
Destroyed chemical weapons while employed. Was a shift supervisor and the job was rewarding. Primarily I made sure that operators were safe while destroying the chemical weapons.
asdfadaf
Site Lead/Electronics Tech I (Former Employee) –  SCNovember 10, 2016
boeing is fun you just work a ton of hours if your a contractor
they say that there is no prejudice towards contractors or Direct hires but that is false....they will treat you like dirt
Initial Review
CYBER SECURITY ANALYST PRINCIPAL (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCNovember 7, 2016
Good company to work for. Managers take care of their people. Great opportunities for networking within and outside of the company. Lots of opportunities to change work locations to move around.
Pros
Number of days of leave
Cons
Limited opportunities for training
Very Good Company... for a Contractor
Counter-IED/Electronic Warfare Opss Integrator (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 2, 2016
I was lucky enough to work for SAIC on the same contract for 5+ years. The pay was excellent and the travel was exhaustive at times, but rewarding. If I could, I would stay with SAIC but our contract was not renewed and the Company does not have any positions open for my skill set.
Focused on work / life balance while delighting the customer.
Business Process Analyst (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCOctober 24, 2016
SAIC is, in my opinion, primarily focused on getting the job done and protecting their resources - the people that work for them. Typically at work, people work with one another on complex problems and the atmosphere seems open to others asking questions.

Really the only down side of the management is that they're intent on starting new initiatives to benefit employees, but there is often little follow through.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when the customer expresses their gratitude and delight at the job we've done.
Pros
Work-life balance
Cons
You're on your own when it comes to career development
Personnel contracted to US Army for technical product development
Sr Systems Engineering Lead (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIOctober 17, 2016
Contact management mentality with personnel assigned and managed by assigned organization, in this case U.S. Army Tank Automotive Research, Development and Engineering Center (TARDEC).

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SAIC. Our community is ready to answer.