SAIC Employee Reviews

Found 1,219 reviews matching the search
Wonderful Work environment
Billing Analyst II (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 19, 2017
I loved working at SAIC. The working environment was great, my managers were easy to work with and helped me resolve issues when they came up.
Its a good job but boring
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNJanuary 18, 2017
It's an easy job but be prepared for boredom. You will spend alot of your day reading a book or whatnot which gets old fast. if you want a mindless job its great but if you need to feel like you work for your paycheck then this is not the job for you.
Line Leads and Management absent
Research Chemist / Research Scientist (Current Employee) –  Crane, INJanuary 16, 2017
Line leads (your boss) come and go due to getting government jobs or having jobs on base of their own. Each building on base treats contract employees differently. Contractors will always be treated like second class citizens on base. Some buildings treat them better than most. There are several buildings on base where contractors are treated like peasants.
Pros
Lab Environment
Cons
Second Class Citizens vs. Government Employees
No Room for advancement
Project Administrator II (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 15, 2017
the job and the people were great. I was always trying to advance but there did not seem to be any room for advancement during my time as an employee.
FSr for state of alaska
FSR in Alaska (Former Employee) –  AlaskaJanuary 13, 2017
Was an FSR for SAIC working on CT-80's. Also maintained Radiation Portal Monitors for border control checkpoints. Oncall 24/7 and was expected to react to any emergency on my own and be available and prepared.
Productive and open work place
Instructor/Writer (Current Employee) –  Fort Gordon, GAJanuary 11, 2017
Keep in mind, I have not been working here for very long yet.
They give you the freedom to improvise adapt and overcome challenges without micromanaging you and stifling your creativity. They encourage open minded free thinking employees to develop their ideas and see them implemented. Co-workers are all great. The Hardest part of the job is security. It is a contract, so it should be good for atleast 5 years. The most enjoyable part is doing what I love, teaching electronic warfare to the future Cyber Warriors.
Part-time Sr. Technical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJanuary 11, 2017
great company,great people, great work. the hiring process was straight forward. i came onboard with highly professional HR staff. I don't have much to say but great job on all levels.
Fantastic company to work for.
Senior Multimedia Design Analyst (Concept Artist) (Former Employee) –  McLean, VA (worked from home)January 7, 2017
I fell into a full-time position with SAIC, one of the nation's foremost government contractors, through my illustration skills. I was able to work from home, had excellent bosses, and would have loved to have stayed on staff until I retired. Unfortunately, government contracts being finite things, my position was eliminated when the work ended, and no forthcoming similar work appeared. I still maintain a vestigial association with SAIC, and if freelance work becomes available, I could be called to action on a part-time basis.
Pros
Healthcare, great compensation, wonderful bosses, ethical company
Great company
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Suffolk, VAJanuary 6, 2017
The work environment where I was employed was amazing, the tone was great along with the personnel, the only downfall was the pay was not that great.
Great Place to work
Site Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 6, 2017
Management and the people were great to work for. The employees were treated fairly and with respect. They worked on very cool projects. Great HR department. You could actually communicate with them
Great place to work!
Tech Ii (Former Employee) –  Bedford, INJanuary 2, 2017
Working at SAIC was a very rewarding. A typical day was very busy working in inventory and out on the floor. My co-workers were the best and the management was always there if you had any issues. It was more a family to me. I learned all about hardware and all products involved with the cable process. The hardest part of the job was actually nothing. There was some stress with getting the kits out with the right part numbers as fast as possible for fellow co-workers. The most enjoyable was the people I worked if. I retired and that's what I miss the most. And the extra money.
Pros
Cons
Insurance was high but I'm on Medicare now.
Experience Completely Dependent on Contract/Manager
Developer/Cyber Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCDecember 28, 2016
Good work life balance with a thoughtful manager. Engaging and challenging work with a number of clients across every major government agency.
Cons
Bad PM, Bad Experience
Good company.
Safety Maintenance Engineer at Product Office (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALDecember 22, 2016
A 9 to 5 type job with 25% travel. I like the monthly lunch & learn sessions with bright co-workers. Management speaks of and leads by example to proper ethics and contractual obligations.
Pros
Lunch & learn
Cons
Travel procedure
Good people
Maintenance Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCDecember 21, 2016
Good people who care about their employees at the local level. Not so much at the corporate level. Very little job security. The company training is extensive as far as annual security training, ethics training, Information Assurance training, etc.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
No security
No recent information
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSDecember 20, 2016
For some reason Indeed is making me review this company, which I worked for over 20 years ago. Back then it was a good company, however I have absolutely zero knowledge of how they are now.
Great Mission, Support Cyber Training
Senior Cyber Operational Planner (Current Employee) –  Fort Belvoir, VADecember 19, 2016
A typical day would consist of checking for coordination emails, that set up meetings with cyber training range stake holders. I learned a new aspect of cyber, from the infrastructure ide where it is built versus conducting intelligence analysis on people using it. Co-workers were helpful if I asked, poor communication, original team kept to themselves. Mission continues to be executed. Hardest part was communicating with other contractors on the team. Most enjoyable part of the day and when I make progress on a task that has taken a long time to complete.
Excellent environment and co-workers
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 15, 2016
Well managed company that develops personnel and rewards performance. Opportunities to move to other contracts or geographies.
Pros
Well managed, staff development, compensation, environment
Every job has a rewarding outcome!
Technical Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCDecember 13, 2016
Good place to work but contract work only. The return feedback for your work is rewarding from the clients. Each individual plays a role in a much bigger picture than they realize when lives are saved.
Pros
Individual pay increase based on your own meritis.
Cons
contract work
Horrible work place - VPP
Associate (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDDecember 13, 2016
Hated it here and would not recommend. The atmosphere is too laid back and only a handful of people actually work. The managers do not know how to lead people and have only made it to lead positions because they have been there forever. A very clique - like environment and if you are not kissing your manager's butt, you won't get any recognition if all you do is work hard and with quality. The job is simple but after working there you will feel as though you're an idiot. Mind-numbing work. Good place to go if you're right out of school and you're lazy. You will fit in perfectly.
Pros
A handful of decent coworkers.
Cons
Poor management, poor culture, poor work ethic, low morale...just horrible.
Pleasant Experience
Geospatial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ft. Mead, MDDecember 13, 2016
The company was very flexible working with me. Good company options.My co-workers and human resources were very friendly. Management was also friendly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SAIC. Our community is ready to answer.