SAIC
1,069 reviews

SAIC United States Employee Reviews

SAIC has a large footprint in Charleston, SC. They take care of current employees.
Training Development Specialist III (Former Employee), Charleston, SCApril 24, 2015
SAIC is a good solid place to work. The focus is always on delivering what is expected and constantly improving processes.
Not a place to retire
WBT/CBT Integrator (Former Employee), Anniston, ALApril 22, 2015
If you are looking for practical government contracting experience, this is the place for you. The atmosphere is always strained and you must document every conversation and instruction because you will find that you have multiple layers of management who all seem to be in charge.
Enjoyable
Customer Service Manager/Logistics (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 21, 2015
Pros: Cafeteria and gym on campus
Cons: Job Security
Everyday was different and I enjoyed the dynamics of the job. I learned hands on international logistics.
The most enjoyable parts were some of the travel I experienced.

Co-workers were fun and everyone got along.
Shark Tank
Program Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 21, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits
Cons: Long hours
SAIC has long been known as a "shark tank" of sorts. In the early days of the company entrepreneurship was encouraged but at risk. Failure or even subpar performance was not tolerated and those that couldn't make the grade quickly found themselves on the outside looking in.

Typical work days were long. It was not unusual to be working 60 to 70 hours a week with no additional compensation.

People that worked there were dedicated professionals and enjoyable to work with.

Management has changed over the years but initially there was a great deal of favoritism afforded to certain people.

Best part of the job was the liberty to pursue interests and to create new business.
Overall great company
Senior Lead Marketing Analyst (Former Employee), Reston, VAApril 19, 2015
Worked for many great supervisors who seemed to care about their employees overall well being and took a keen interest on career growth.
High Energy Test Engineer (Former Employee), Vista, CAApril 17, 2015
Strong organization with great people. Core values are excellent. Encourage thinking outside the box. Opportunity for growth within the company.
PERFECT
Information Security Analyst (Former Employee), Charleston, SCApril 13, 2015
Pros: Large
Cons: Limited in SC
I have worked many years off and on with this company. They are the best of the best. Clients, customers, teams everything is proper and complete. Would work with them again any day
Organized and professional
Applications Developer (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 12, 2015
Pros: Had my own office, worked independently
Cons: When company split, Employees working mostly overhead were let go (2013)
A degree of independence/freedom in development.
Worked closely with clients (within the company).
Management was involved in the decision making processes.
Most work was done on a single project at a time, and required informal progress reports.
Working Abroad
SAMS-1E Operator/Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), VirginiaApril 12, 2015
Pros: Benefits, People diversity, Travelling.
Cons: Short breaks, Being away from your family.
A typical day working overseas was rewarding knowing that each day that you were there was making a difference in support of the war. Team work; management and co-workers always was supportive and there to lend a helping hand.. The hardest part of working overseas is the living conditions. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that we were there to support the soldiers and save lives.
Notable Medium-Sized Company with Interesting and Important Projects, Intelligent Easygoing People, and Rational Even-handed Management
Web Application Developer (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 9, 2015
Pros: Casual Dress-code, Free Espresso, Occasional Recognition Luncheons
Cons: Only 40hrs of work typically approved per wk if hrly although work weight could perceivably exceed, Overtime-exempt status doesn't seem common, Compensation not exactly competitive
Notable medium-sized company with interesting and important projects, intelligent easygoing people, and rational even-handed management.

Casual dress-code, free espresso, occasional recognition luncheons.

Only 40hrs of work typically approved per week if hourly although weight of work could perceivably exceed, overtime-exempt status doesn't seem common; compensation not exactly competitive.

Only 40hrs of work typically approved per/wk if hrly although weight of work could perceivably exceed, Overtime-exempt status doesn't seem common, Compensation not exactly competitive.
Contracts
Logistics Specialist (Current Employee), North Charleston, SCApril 9, 2015
Pros: opportunity
Cons: funding
Opportunities to experience and work on different contracts,sometimes it can be hard not knowing when funding is gone but on the most parts managers are looking for work on your behalf
Good company to work for, Potential for growth.
Program Security Officer (Former Employee), Arlington, VAApril 3, 2015
Pros: Work, Co-Workers, Managers, and Customer were Great to Work with.
Cons: Too much work for one person.
A typical day at SAIC would be checking emails and responding to messages or requests for information, checking JPAS and ACAVS for clearance updates, meeting with program managers and staff to update clearance statuses, send VARs and prepare courier orders, prepare nomination packages for adjudicative review and clearance determinations. The hardest part of this job was having too many contracts to manage with no support from management. I enjoyed the work, my co-workers, and the managers, but needed an assistant to help with the workload.
Not Available, Not Available, Not Available
Special Operations Officer (Former Employee), VirginiaApril 2, 2015
Pros: Quality Leadership, Progession
Cons: Company went public with its stock
Not Available, Not Available, Not Available,Not Available, Not Available, Not Available,Not Available, Not Available, Not Available,Not Available, Not Available, Not Available
Great place to start your career
Geospatial Analyst (Former Employee), Chantilly, VAApril 1, 2015
Leidos was a split-off from SAIC, so the SAIC today is all commercial work rather than government contracts. There lots of jobs in different fields at this company.
N/A
Coordinator of school (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 1, 2015
This is a great company to work for, lots of access to many educational outlets. Really enjoyed my time with SAIC and AIC.
An excellent company to work for
Site Supervisor and Systems Administrator (Former Employee), Guantanamo Bay Naval Base, CubaMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Recognition and rewards for above average performance
For a variety of reasons, SAIC is one of the very best companies I have ever worked for. They treat employee's well, and truly care about them. Benefits are better than average for a contracting company. They assist contract employee's when contracts expire, and are large enough to have many job opportunities worldwide, and strategic partnerships.
Management unsupportive
TACLAN Network Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 31, 2015
SAIC had a just get the job done attitude and compensation was low. Management turnover and personnel turnover was quite high
SAIC - great company
Force Protection Advisor (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALMarch 28, 2015
Pros: veteran friendly
I worked for SAIC overseas in combat zones. The business unit I worked for went to great lengths to take care of their overseas employees especially during times of hardships. I cannot stress how good this is as a company to do so for their most valuable asset: employees.
NMCI Analyst (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAMarch 26, 2015
Daily routine consist of checking the queue for Incident Tickets that are assigned to each tech. Going to the user's location to troubleshoot the issue. If I can resolve the user's technical issue, then I will update and close the Incident ticket.

Each day there a problem arises that is new and there isn't a document solution. That's when the challenge comes in to resolve and document the fix.

Management is as expected and so are my co-workers. I get along well with everyone and we share the load. The hardest part of the job is not being able to resolve an issue quickly. Sometimes parts need to be ordered or the user's in unavailable.

Most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new people and how they respond when I resolve their technical issues. My customers know me by name and we have a good rapport with one another.
N/A
Information Security Analyst (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Flexability
Cons: Healthcare
SAIC is a decent company to work for. I strongly feel any job is what you make it. A typical day at SAIC consist of teleconferences, and working to accomplish daily task.

1 2 3 4 5

About SAIC

SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches – Read more

SAIC Salaries