SAIC Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,148 reviews matching the search
SAIC - is a great place to work
Senior Cyber Architect (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 25, 2016
SAIC provides a great stable work environment. At SAIC you will work with some of the brightest and smartest people in the whole country.

The hardest part of the job is when the client does not take your recommendations.

Best of part of job is that SAIC customers are world class.
Pros
Job mobility is great since SAIC is world wide, 401k 5% matching
Cons
Health Care for family of four out of pocket is about $15k
Great Company to Work For
Supply Chain Manager (Current Employee) –  Hanahan, SCJune 24, 2016
Growing company that is a pleasure to work with. Progressive management team with great vision.

Great team atmosphere and teamwork.
Pros
Flexibility, Benefits
Cons
Job security, with outstanding benefits.
Movement Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  KuwaitJune 23, 2016
Would recommend the company, took care of the employees, great with interacting with the employees. Management, kept personnel informed.
Pros
great pay
Cons
contract work
Productive and fun workplace
Designer/CAD Operator I (Current Employee) –  Bedford, INJune 21, 2016
Co-workers are very knowledgeable and willing to help when it's needed. The things that I have learned here in only a year are unbelievable, like the many different projects that I have been able to work on and all of the new people that I have been able to meet.
Productive work place with a more human feel.
Engineering Technician III (Current Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXJune 20, 2016
I know it's hard to claim, but there are few places that truly have that organic relationship between management and workers. SAIC happens to be one such place. At no time do the workers feel under appreciated. That being stated it should be pointed out that SAIC is in the same work category as Booze Allen, Harris, Lockheed Martin and other DOD contract companies. So if you don't care for uncertain futures or periodically searching for another place of employment, seems to happen every bid cycle. Avoid. However if none of that bothers you and you love the excitement of it all, SAIC is the place for you.
Pros
One of the best Health Savings Accounts out there.
Cons
limited advancement opportunities.
Electrical Engineer Tech II (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJune 19, 2016
Best company I've ever worked for. Laid back. Great management. Just do your job and go home. Great hours, great pay. Climate controlled environment. Nice enough people.
Short term employment due to contract loss
System Safety Engineer, Principal (Current Employee) –  Stafford, VAJune 13, 2016
I have not here long enough to make an assessment.
No other comments due to having only worked here for 3 months before losing our contract.
An internship here gives you a great prelude to coporate life
Unit lead Engineer (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 31, 2016
As an intern I learned new things in programming and self discipline in project progression and goal achievement. The pay was well above other interns and my mentor was by far the best I have had.
Pros
great place to get started in the coporate life and learn
Cons
hardly anything I can think of
Horrible place to work
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Huntsville AlabamaMay 28, 2016
politics over rules. Constant bickering among management. Getting the job done and better relationships with senior client management is not important. There are no on-boarding protocols. No one wants to answer questions regarding interface methodologies and status. Atmosphere is totally dysfunctional.
Pros
Pay to start with modest raises
Cons
Incompetent senior managers . Revolving door specialist that come and go monthly.
Shady
N/A (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VAMay 26, 2016
Shady management and shady business practices that place sub-contractors in a position were their hands are tied. One employee was let go of his position; promised it back ( with a pay cut) once he reapplied. Not only did he not get the position but he also was told he was over qualified for his own position. They decided to go with the bosses best friend son.

I was let go with three days left in my two week notice and I was a Sub-Contractor.

I will say at the time I needed a job but it served it purpose but if you get hired be careful and use it as a launching pad to find another.
Pros
Serves its purpose
OCONUS Assignment
Sensor Technician - OCONUS (Former Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHMay 25, 2016
This was a contract position with the US Air Force as a sensor technician. The position was very rewarding. Unfortunately, the contract came to a close. The team was very integrated and had a pretty good time together. I really enjoyed this position.
Great break through if looking for DoD contract work
Engineering Technician III (Current Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXMay 24, 2016
Be prepared for anything. This environment changes constantly. If you aren't up for being flexible, or you can't think out of the box. Then this would not be a good fit.
Pros
Good wage scale
Cons
Uncertain job security.
Fun place to work
Storefront Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 23, 2016
Had a much smaller staff at the Pentagon, there were only 5 of us total. We learned the inner workings of the Federal Facilities Division. We responsible for the inventorying and cataloging of the entire government owned stock and merchandise. The commute from Woodbridge to the Pentagon was the probably the hardest part of the job on any given day. The teamwork that we employed to get the job done was enjoyable.
Pros
Work Experience
Cons
Commute to DC
Contract work No Good!!!!!!
Remedy/ Specialist/Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCMay 16, 2016
Integrate MRAP vehicle Comm system and learning Remedy system .
Management sucks!
Great co-workers.
Nothing was hard about the job. Learning new things all the time.
Today you might have a job and the next day jobless.
I got paid very well.
Contract work.... NO GOOD!
Pros
Pay very well and learn new things. Never a dull job.
Cons
Work today and jobless the next day/ contract work.
fun and productive place to work
Engineering Technician III (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 14, 2016
One phase was the integrating part of NIE, where we would install the systems into the military vehicles that were under test. The next phase was to test and validate these systems as well as educate the soldiers on this. Phase 3 is where we would conduct our field tests with the soldiers in complete control of the equipment but we were there for support when needed. The final phase was removing the installed equipment and get ready for the next install. I liked my position at SAIC because every few months there was a change of pace and shifted gears, keeping work interesting. There was always something to learn. Co- workers were easy to get along with. Management was caring, educated, and informative. I learned the contracting life, the systems introduced to the Army as well as the process that goes into NIE.
Pros
Pay, field exercises
Cons
contracting
Less than average job quality
SR. Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 12, 2016
Company/projects lack direction and knowledge from management. The work being completed is more important than being done correctly.
Pros
broad experience
Cons
sloppy work enviroment makes it difficult to be current with competitors
Enabled me to continue to serve the US Military
Many - (Former Employee) –  St Louis, MO; Warrenville, IL; and at home.May 2, 2016
Typical workday? - no such thing, which is one of the reasons I enjoyed working for SAIC. My tenure at SAIC also involved me in a myriad of different tasks and subject areas - always challenging and educational. Enjoyed working with co-workers, many much younger than myself and open to and willing to be subject to my mentoring. I cannot state that any part of the jobs held were "hard" - challenging yes; requiring self education yes; requiring long hours sometimes.
Mediocre Management; Worth the Pay
CHCS Software Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAApril 30, 2016
When I worked for SAIC they paid well. Stock options earned me quite a bit of money. Great benefits. This was back in early 2000s. My site wasn't run well. Sometimes ridiculous management, some lazy co-workers.
Pros
Prestigious job, great pay.
Cons
Management unwilling to handle complaints-things never changed.
Productive place to work, learn and grow.
Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  Northern VirginiaApril 23, 2016
We were shown / taught the spirit of being competitors within the company and outside. This supported personal and professional growth.
Pros
Competition pushed everyone to be better.
Cons
Short on company paid holidays.
SAIC is a Great Place to work
Technical Team Lead/Senior Oracle DBA (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 20, 2016
I always feel proud of my job at SAIC because the DHS projects which I worked are mission critical and used to serve all 50 states individuals. These systems able to manage with high availability.
Daily Database routine tasks are streamlined for all the Enterprise level supported projects. All the environments with built in security which I worked I learned a lot and all stake holders and vendors always impressed by my contributions.Excellent co-workers and nice management. Career growth and learning and improve the skills it is a great place to work.
Pros
Projects with State of the Art Technologies and better experience