SAIC
1,106 reviews

SAIC Employee Reviews

Temp Job
Site Monitor (Former Employee), Cherry Point, NCJune 30, 2015
Great Job, working with relief companies all over country and disaster areas was and great experience. Hardest part of job grading trucks for pay! Getting to work and see those who travel near and far to help those in need made my day wonderful
Strong entrepreneurial culture, very flexible, live and die by contract work
Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJune 29, 2015
Pros: very flexible
Cons: lacks longevity, live and die by contract work and direct charging
Very flexible work environment. Very interesting work. Very customer focus. Company does not have solid long term plans. Relies too much on federal government work.
Great Place to work
Level III Queue Manager (Former Employee), Pentagon, Rosslyn, VA and Andrews AFBJune 22, 2015
Pros: Great Health Benefits
Cons: n/a
Robust
Learned time management
Co-workers great to work with
Not anything hard about the job, had to maintain the level of customer request and make sure the customer received the best technical support to complete the job.
The enjoyable part of the job was leaving at the end of the day knowing you were successful satisfying the customer request.
Good place to work with advancement
Technical Editor (Former Employee), Shalimar, FLJune 22, 2015
Pros: Very good working conditions
Cons: Stressful
Job hours worked well with having a family because of the flexibility. I had standard M-F work hours, but had no problem taking time off as needed. Co-workers worked together as a team for the most part. The hardest part of the job was the volume of work, which could make it very stressful at times. I learned a lot about how to better manage my time. Working conditions were very good and the office was a pleasant place to be.
Very rewarding work place.
COSFPS Theater Support Team Lead (Current Employee), Afghanistan/Huntsville, Al.June 17, 2015
Pros: Large company with multiple locations for employment.
Cons: Speed of communication is sometimes slow.
Work is continually evolving so there is no time to get complacent.

Always be flexible and willing to venture into new positions or areas of responsibility.

Management allows you to make decisions and recommend ways to better the program and the processes involved with the work.
If you are a remote employee, you are in trouble.
Principal Systems Administrator (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAJune 16, 2015
Pros: Stable job
Cons: Little opportunity for advancement, long hours
There is little interaction with your direct manager if you are on site in a customer facility. In a sense you become invisible. You are there generate income for the company and nothing more. I am writing this review prior to SAIC's split into Leidos and SAIC. Had I stayed, I would have been a part of Leidos.

My direct manager recognized my contributions to the program as best he could. His hands were tied during review time by the program manager. There is little room for advancement.
Job Summary
Billing Analyst (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJune 15, 2015
Billing Analyst | Defense Solution Group, Accounts Receivable Department
» Prepare and process high volume of invoices for government/commercial contracts, including T&M, FFP, CPAF, CPIF, and CPFF; ensure project setup complies with contract regulations.
» Review unbilled reports and determine reason for variances; team with functional departments to resolving billing issues; and initiate, address, and support daily DCAA audit requests.
» Uncovered and corrected discrepancy in accounting setup for a contract, reversing imbalance between account receivable book and customer fund to allow timely, accurate billing.
Productive, Professional environment
Tier III Enterprise Application Administrator (Former Employee), Charleston, SCJune 11, 2015
Pros: Health insurance
Cons: contract work
They have excellent benefits. easy work load, good balance between work and family life. best part of the day is satisfying the customer.
Organized and a fun work place
Project Control Administrator (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 10, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours
Cons: Good benefits
Allow employees to work from home. You always know the goal the company is trying to reach. Once you know you job, usally management is never on your back. Not a stressful place to work.
good
Communications Lead Technician (Former Employee), Nellis AFB, NVJune 10, 2015
see resume for may anlysis please. I had excellent time working for them. I learned a lot.see resume for may anlysis please. I had excellent time working for them. I learned a lot.
Good vision towards advancing business
Lead Joint Interface Control Officer Green Flag (Former Employee), Las Vegas NevadaJune 10, 2015
Pros: Open managment dialog
Cons: work location can be anywhere based on contract
SAIC continually pushes forward to ensure that customer expectations are met and that all aspects of the job are completed to the customers wishes. I great place to work
Stagnant employment
Help Desk Support Associate (Current Employee), Oak Ridge, TNJune 8, 2015
Non-existent training, though management expectations do not reflect this. After several years there is still no movement or advancement.
Top-heavy management structure
Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Charleston, SCJune 8, 2015
Re-alignment of the company makes it difficult to manage people and projects. Top-heavy management eroding away employee pay and benefits. It is not the same company as designed by its founder. typical public-traded company held hostage by shareholder expectations of high returns.
Inteligent Workforce
Program Assistant (Former Employee), Washington, DC, San Diego, CaJune 5, 2015
Pros: Nice employees
Cons: the company has had a transition
As with most companies you must pursue your career objectives and work with leads and managers to reach your goals.
I had an opportunity to work for SAIC at Walter Reed Hospital, a high point of my career and an honor.
Great Technology Exposure
Manager, Software QA & Information Laboratory (Former Employee), Los Altos, CAJune 3, 2015
Pros: Chalenging Assignments
Cons: Not able to select my work choices.
I was responsible for developing the concept of an Information Laboratory where leading edge technologies were to be demonstrated in real-life situations; such as the Internet.

I had developed and maintained a software QA program. Developed QA plans and procedures for assuring quality during all phases of the software life cycle. Handled internal and external QA audits.

I was involved in the development, enhancement and maintenance of software used in nuclear power plant maintenance and engineering analysis; and for developing technical and user documentation.
Nice job for blue collar worker
Electronic Technician (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCJune 2, 2015
Great place for a hands on worker but not long term career oriented person. Would recommend if you don't mind long hours.
Not my intended employer
Systems Integration Analyst IV (Current Employee), Stafford, VAJune 2, 2015
When I initially transitioned from the Marine Corps, I was hired by a great company called Eagan, McAllister Associates, Inc. (EMA), which was later acquired by SAIC. The acquisition had its fits and starts, but most of the EMA employees also transitoned to SAIC. It became apparent, though, that SAIC corporate was more interested in the "bottom line" and not necessarily in maintaining/building an in-house resource of skilled, professional employees. While the benefits and work/life balance are good, job security is practically nonexistence - if your contract is coming to an end, you get a 30-day notice and little assistance with finding other internal job opportunities.
Teamwork
Desktop Support Technician III (Former Employee), Guantanamo bay, CubaJune 1, 2015
Pros: Teamwork, friendship, company support
Cons: Had to relocate
In all my years working in the private and public sector I have never worked for an company like SAIC. The time I spent working for SAIC was by far the best experience I've ever had. Our department worked as a team and we did everything to make sure that our customer received the best care possible. I never felt I was going to work, and I believe that was a good thing. Management was a key factor in the atmosphere and the culture.
Unstable as this is a government contractor
Systems Operations and Data Analyst (Former Employee), Seattle WAMay 27, 2015
Pros: good while you are working
Cons: Constantly has to rebid for same jobs
SAIC continually bids for short to medium term contracts tied to the government, or private sector companies that carry government contracts. The jobs differ greatly, and like any contract job is innately unstable.
Great Company
Policy Analyst (Former Employee), McLean, VAMay 22, 2015
SAIC is a highly respected Defense Contractor in the DC area. The experience and pay you receive here will be higher than other companies.

1 2 3 4 5

About SAIC

SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches – Read more

SAIC Salaries