SAIC Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,165 reviews matching the search
Easy going work environment
Senior Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Bedford, INAugust 21, 2016
Very relaxed work environment as long as day to day tasks are being completed. Benefits and compensation are very competitive. Co-works always willing to lend a hand in completing tasks as needed.
Detachment
Combat Shooting Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fort Pickett, VirginiaAugust 20, 2016
A typical day at work involved classroom instruction with students from a specialized branch of the Navy.
I learned that no matter how much you think you know that there is always something new to learn.
The client management was very demanding and did not provide much in the way of resources. The Corporate management of SAIC was supportive and went out of their way to take care of us.
My co-workers were all former military professionals that provided subject matter expertise on many different subjects.
The hardest part of the job was the long hours, many times in excess of 14 hour work days.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the realization of our students comprehension and application of the instruction we provided for them.
Pros
Stateside work
Cons
It was a great place to work
Telecommunications Network Analyst (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VAAugust 19, 2016
It was a contract job but the Management treated all staff very well with great benefits. It was a great environment to work and there was a great team work in accomplishing the tasks.Unfortunately the contract ended and we were laid off.
Pros
Great salary and company benefits and work environment
Cons
The contract ended within a short time.
Busy workplace
Eligibility Clerk (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COAugust 16, 2016
Worked for Allegro Coffee company as a temp, I worked 50+ hours weekly. Trained an new employee and was injured. Went to physical therapy followed by being laid off.
Very cut throat environment to go after gov. contracts.
Divisional CTO (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 4, 2016
Proposal writing
Did not learn much
Middle management mediocre
Co-workers were harassed
Hardest part of job was repeating some managers
Most enjoyable part of job was problem solving with co-workers
Pros
Technically challenging
Cons
Misleading clients
I would remain at SAIC, but the contract is ending.
Engineering Tech IV (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 3, 2016
SAIC is a good company to work for. I worked the NIE program and feel that the management could of cared for it's people(employee a bit more).
Pros
A sense of pride on helping to keep our solders safe.
Cons
I had to take in too much exhausts and couldn't get moved.
Graduate School Program
Graduate Student (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 30, 2016
I am a graduate student at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago and this program is very beneficial for us as graduate students due to many available resources for us to take advantage of throughout our time at the school.
n/a
Cyber Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, AL 35803July 26, 2016
Cyber analyst
learned IA tools
Management hard to get support
Co-workers are great
Hardest part of the work is communication
once the assigned task assigned is complete
Pros
itsajob
Cons
managers have a hard time communicating
Billing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 26, 2016
SAIC has an extremely great and professional job culture and atmosphere. Leadership is ahead of the class in support and development.
Pros
Good Lunch
Cons
Micrmanagent
Try not to get caught up in the who's who drama because for some reason the charleston branch is full of bull shitters
Logistics (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJuly 23, 2016
Great contractor company to get your feet wet in. Poor management at 1602. Fun people to work around but upper management they all are friends and if your not in the CLICK you get walked on. It's hard to advance unless you know someone.
Pros
They teach you
Cons
Poor management
Was there over 20 years and seen lots of changes.
Full Lifecycle Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNJuly 22, 2016
Large organization. Great co-workers. Had many opportunities while there. Work/life balance was very good. Management was changing when I was laid-off. The compensation/benefits were very good. In my time I saw a lot of manager turnover.
Pros
Great Flexibility and co-workers
A very secure place to work.
Materials Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAJuly 18, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job was the people that I worked with. I also enjoyed driving the company van which left me get out of the office.
Learned a lot
Project Control Associate (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 17, 2016
I learned a lot at this company. My boss has shown great leadership skills and truly cares about his employees. I learned about invoicing, accruals, and I got work directly with PMs and Subs.
HR support is not the best.
Logistics Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 16, 2016
Not bad, but not great. SAIC focuses on using at-home workers to keep overhead down, which is their focus: keeping overhead down to maximize share-holder profits. Naturally, this affect how workers are treated and the quality of the company's products.
Great company to work for
Senior Training Developer/Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fort Leonard Wood, MOJuly 13, 2016
I loved working for the company. great benefits and pay. They have numerous site across the country and world to look at for position opportunities.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Contract work
Productive and Evolving work spcae. Always learning something new
Administrative Assistant/ Resource Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYJuly 13, 2016
A work day was always filled with something new. From preparing for a class to being out on the range. I learned a lot about self motivation and resiliency. Along with hosting classes I had my own personal duties consisting of ordering supplies, organizing my co workers schedules, accompanying the managers for meeting. My managers where very kind and had a vast knowledge base if I ever had any questions. There was nothing really to hard about working there. We worked as a team and someone was always able and willing to help the next person. I really enjoyed the fact that everyday was different and that we worked so closely with or customers.
Pros
Got out the office often, meeting new people, consistly learning new things
Cons
overtime was unavalible
Great Place to work
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJuly 1, 2016
I was pretty busy most days. I did a lot of travel arrangements and expense reports. Everyone that I worked with was very nice and easy to get a long with.
SAIC - is a great place to work
Senior Cyber Architect (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 25, 2016
SAIC provides a great stable work environment. At SAIC you will work with some of the brightest and smartest people in the whole country.

The hardest part of the job is when the client does not take your recommendations.

Best of part of job is that SAIC customers are world class.
Pros
Job mobility is great since SAIC is world wide, 401k 5% matching
Cons
Health Care for family of four out of pocket is about $15k
Great Company to Work For
Supply Chain Manager (Current Employee) –  Hanahan, SCJune 24, 2016
Growing company that is a pleasure to work with. Progressive management team with great vision.

Great team atmosphere and teamwork.
Pros
Flexibility, Benefits
Cons
Job security, with outstanding benefits.
Movement Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  KuwaitJune 23, 2016
Would recommend the company, took care of the employees, great with interacting with the employees. Management, kept personnel informed.
Pros
great pay
Cons
contract work