SAIC
1,003 reviews

SAIC Employer Reviews

Working to secure our country.
USARC Tier 1 Service Desk Team Lead (Former Employee), Broomfield, COJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: i really enjoyed the daily conversations with our military personnel
Cons: the drive to and from work on the boulder turnpike was not fun.
My time spent working for SAIC in Broomfield Colorado was wonderful. I was able to develop better trouble shooting skills. I enjoyed working with our United States Army Reserve. We were able to assist in the daily operation of the security of our nation.
Management and Work/Life Balance
Editing Specialist IV (Former Employee), Falls Church, VA and Alexandria, VAJanuary 30, 2015
Management at both SAIC and LEIDOS have been very accommodating in allowing employees to work a schedule which does not interfere with family. As a parent of a special needs child, this was an area of great concern when I accepted my position with SAIC and subsequently LEIDOS. Telework and flex-time work hours allowed my to maintain my career and also be available to attend school meetings and medical appointment when necessary.
12 hr days
Network Support Specialist (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: 7 days off in a row
Cons: 7 12 hr days
I worked 12 hr days, 7 days a week. the time that I was off, I would have to be available to work. the only good things about he job was the amount of things that I learned, the people that I worked with, and the 7 days off. the hardest part of the job was the 12 hr days. they were long and hard.
Principal Software Developer (Current Employee), Alexandria, VaJanuary 25, 2015
Good organization to work for. I have learned how to work in a big project environment
IT Server development and Infrastructure support for Software Developers
full time employee (Current Employee), Vienna, VirginiaJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: technical expertise
Cons: poor management.
I build and maintain Linux servers, storage arrays and firewalls. Currently over 40 servers to
include Oracle Database servers with attached iSCSI storage arrays, and several VPNs and firewalls.

I've also build an enterprise level licensed VMWARE infrastructure
now running over 60 virtual machines.

We have an excellent good group of developers and analysts
within this section of the company. But, through funding cuts the whole project, software we've developed and server infrastructure will most likely get scrapped.
This lost of expertise is the direct result of poor management from the mid level to the top of the organization.
N/A
Imagery Analyst (Former Employee), Hurlburt Field, FLJanuary 23, 2015
Monitored and exploited near-real time Full Motion Video (FMV) using DGS exploitation software to conduct initial phase analytical reporting and product development in support of Special Operation Forces (SOF) deployed around the world. Provided IMINT/SIGINT/All-Source fused intelligence data from multiple ISR platforms and National Technical Means (NTM). Responsible and accountable for all aspects of Processing Exploitation and Dissemination (PED) to include the following full-motion video exploitations techniques: time sensitive targeting, force protection, physical damage assessment, combat identification, combat search and rescue, intelligence preparation of the battle space, mapping, and situational monitoring. Performed Instructor Rated Operator (IRO) duties; trained assigned unit members in the duties and functions associated with multi-intelligence Processing Exploitation and Dissemination (PED) activities.
challenging, always a lot to learn, excellent pay
Radio Wireless Circuit Analyst, (Former Employee), Washington DCJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: bonus provided
Cons: i was on a contract position with wasn't renewed.
Ordering circuits for customers, interacting with a customer within and outside of the US.
I've learned so much at this company and classes, training provided is really too much to list.
Management was great.
I enjoyed my job there was nothing difficult or hard about the job.
Going to work to interact with my team members and customers.
College Internship
General Property Intern (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJanuary 21, 2015
This was one of my favorite jobs while in school. It helped me grow in my field.
Service Desk Support Spec. II (Former Employee), Somerset, KYJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: encourage employee self development, employee perks, work culture
Cons: as with all government contract companies you worry about job security
I really enjoyed working here, when I worked here they said that people say it is the best 1,3,5,etc company people worked for, and I can see it, after working at different locations it brings to light how great they where.
Great place for establishing Engineering Practices
Senor Video Engineer (Former Employee), Tyson Corner, VAJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: great hands on learning environment, excellent training, great oppurtinintes to take on new challenge
Cons: job security is based on the sustainability of current contracts.
SAIC was my first civilian job I had after working in the military for 7 years.

They had a great understanding of the military and was helpful in training me transitioning to civilian work environment. I had other prior military team mates to help explain the way work is done in the civilian sector, which is heavily driven by funding, cost, and contracts.

In the military environment, we do not worry about these things so much. We get tasked and the objective is to complete the task to meet mission Ops.
Great Company!!!
Voice Services Lead (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 14, 2015
Excellent company to work for. Lacking in advancement opportunities and career progression incentive programs.
Very nice coworkers, located near home
GIS Specialist (Current Employee), California, MDJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: occasional free food, flexible schedule
Cons: large corporation management style, feel like the management is more worried about themselves than the employees under them
A typical day at work involved me arriving at the office around 7:00 am and then I would spend some time checking emails and figuring out what I need to accomplish for the day. I would usually be either conducting a site visit to collect above ground utility features or I would be editing and updating utility databases based on GPS data or markups by the on-site subject matter experts.

I have learned much about how to work in a professional setting as well as how to communicate effectively. Also if you are a reliable employee you will have freedom to work independently with minor disruption from management.

My coworkers were the bright spot of working for SAIC. They were always very nice and considerate.

The hardest part of the job is always complying with the ever changing corporate structure of the company. It seems like there are policy changes and management changes every week.

The best part of the job is definitely being able to get out from behind the desk and go to different naval installations around the region to both meet with on site personnel and to collect above ground utility or other data with the handheld GPS unit.
Performed human factors analysis on manned ground vehicles (MGV) and systems affiliated with MGVs
HUMAN FACTORS ENGINEER (Former Employee), McLean, VAJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: saic was well established and provided me with all that was necessary to perform my work.
Cons: partnerships with a large aerospace industry like boeing was novel
From my office, I directed the Army's future combat systems research on human factors analysis on manned ground vehicles. Interviewed potential human factors engineers for their expertise and willingness to provide support. Attended meetings in and outside of the company. Formed a coalitions with other engineers who were contracted to work with SAIC and Boeing.
Good team collaboration
Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Capa Canaveral, FLJanuary 11, 2015
the day-to-day workers definitely took pride on their job, however, sometimes information flow-down from management was lacking.
Professional and Productive Work Place
Logistic Coordinator (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: everyone worked well together
Cons: i was a temporary employee
- typical day was working from 7:30am to 4:30pm. Checked email first thing. Went over all transportation requests for that day and double checked they were all on time and the unit had a representative as well. Made sure all supporting equipment was on stand by and ready to go. Update all transportation requests as they came through. Provided professional guidance to the units who had questions and the best way to go about their transportation requests. Update the Logistics manager daily with all requests.
- Management was a good team and we all worked well together and as a team.
- Co-workers we were just a big family and provided each other with professional guidance.
- Hardest part of the job was getting last minute transportation requests and jumping through hoops to make sure I was able to support the unit. You never say no when supporting a unit.
- The most enjoyable part was planning a movement and seeing it all come together and succeed without any flaws.
Productivity and mentorship
Program Management Support (Former Employee), 5111 Leesburg pike Falls Church, VA 22041January 3, 2015
Pros: wonderful enviroment and knowledge based
Cons: n/a
I am not in a position to rate at this time as my employment has been decreased substantially by the company.
Great place to work as employee-owner
Senior Consultant (Former Employee), Falls Church, VAJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: employee ownership
Cons: mostly government based project work
Best mix of science and technology as a vested employee owner; where each project brings renewed incentives to push the company forward.

Generally an exciting work environment with very smart employees and management throughout. Many opportunities to further your career within the company.
Great Flexible Work Schedule but not so great Management
Logistics Support Specialist (Former Employee), USADecember 29, 2014
Pros: flexible schedules
Cons: poor middle management, no career path
SAIC recently experienced some bad press due to embezzlement and negligence. Neither of these would have occurred if the management was more involved with its employees and internal processes.

Since then the company has split into two companies (SAIC and Leidos) and has begun the painful journey into becoming a Matrix organization. The problem is Management and HR are not typically located at the various work sites and/or satellite offices. This allows middle management to ignore corporate policy and establish a micro climate within each entity. The result of this is an often hostile work environment riddled with nepotism and under performance of management level individuals.

Because the jobs are dependent upon outside sponsors, there is little to no advancement opportunities unless you apply for a different position.

My experience working for SAIC was riddled with frustration and disbelief due to an inept middle management.
Doesnt empower management to stand up for employees
IT Infrastructure Program / Project Manager (Former Employee), Kansas City, MODecember 29, 2014
the management is disengaged or too engaged no middle ground for growth
very political inside
Productive and fun workplace
Sr. QA Analyst / Test Lead (Current Employee), nycDecember 25, 2014
A great place to come into work everyday. Employees work very hard but it is a fun and exciting environment to be a part of.

1 2 3 4 5

About SAIC

SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches – Read more