SAIC Employee Reviews

Found 1,394 reviews matching the search
Senior Instructor
Senior Instructor (Former Employee) –  Ar RiyāḍJuly 21, 2017
Task was to establish a senior national security curriculum for the Saudi Arabian Military. Goal was to develop a senior level curriculum consisting of joint military operations, leader development and National level decision making.
Pros
Good exposure and networking
Cons
Extremely long unpaided hours.
great management and co-workers
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 21, 2017
Working with this company was a pleasure. Great benefits and Decent pay the management was very professional and cared about their team. The people on this team became some of my best friends we still keep in contact with each other. SAIC is a great company to work for.
Pros
Many perks for being a SAIC employee
Cons
I wish leave time could have been accumulated a little quicker
Great place to work.
Logistics Analyst (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 21, 2017
in spite of little bumps here and there, SAIC was a great place to work. I worked in the warehouse and we had a good team, we accomplished what needed to be done and we went above and beyond to ensure a positive atmosphere.
Good Career Destination
Senior Director (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAJuly 20, 2017
Good work life balance. Ability to support many programs and projects both internal to company and external. Several management and executive leadership courses.
Relaxed Work Environment
Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CAJuly 20, 2017
While working as desktop support we were given proper tools to perform our jobs as well as ample freedom to get our jobs done. There was some driving but we are compensated fairly for the driving.There is a lot of emphasis on our ticket numbers which can become an issue when there is not a lot of work to be done because all computers are working correctly.
Pleasant Experience
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJuly 19, 2017
Nice friendly environment with helpful co-workers. Management was supportive and encouraging to all employees. You were allowed to work at your pace within the predetermined deadlines.
Pros
Opportunity for growth and advancement
Cons
Short-Term assignment
Training environment
Instructor/trainer (Former Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZ 85635July 18, 2017
Learning various electronic warfare systems and all the necessary intricate details and the revolving updates which had to be learned so you could present accurate information to the students
Pros
Travel
Cons
travel conditions
Productive workplace. Highly demanding at times and deadline driven due to deliverable timelines.
Senior Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJuly 18, 2017
Always an interesting, productive, and customer focused ork environment.

Honed my technical writing abilities to explain very complex technical data received from engineers, system administrators and other technical individuals to present and explain the information to the end user who is not always technically oriented.
Body shop
Operations / Infrastructure Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 18, 2017
They are contractors. They hire bodies to fill slots. There are a lot of talented people working there but they are all viewed as replaceable. They have no loyalty to any employees.

This is a good job for as long as it lasts but there is little to no career path here. They spend little to nothing for career development and will only provide training if it is a requirement of the contract.
Pros
People, benefits
Cons
Management, stability
SAIC is a great company to work for
Change Manager (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAJuly 15, 2017
Great colleagues and a great learning atmosphere.
The toughest part of the job is that there's a lot of pressure to get things done quickly though it's tough to prioritize which tasks are truly important.
Saic
Project Task Manager (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJuly 13, 2017
High profile and cutting edge technology. Employee placement is at the top of their list when programs come to an end I've seen this first hand. I definitely recommend working for them.
Working at the Department of Energy was very productive. I learned a great deal about Government accounting.
Budget Analyst III (Former Employee) –  Department of Energy, 1000 Independence Ave SWJuly 12, 2017
Overall working for SAIC was a personal challenge. However, since my employment base was at the Department of Energy, my supervisors were Government employees. I took advance of their additional education training by attending work sessions. I assisted with providing managers with data to aid in their decision making. I met with my SAIC manager periodically.. At times the job became stressful due to time constraints and last minute Congressional requests.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Lack of compensation for outstanding job ratings
Healthy Work Environment
Sr. Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJuly 11, 2017
A typical day at work was never the same. In logistics there are always those items that must be handled right away. In addition to the day-to-day reports and obligations.

I have always been a good multi-tasker, but this job allowed me to use those skills and improve as well.

Management is quick to provide training and any other requirements needed to do the job.

The workplace culture is helpful and family oriented. It makes it very comfortable to come to work without additional stress and worry. There were always activities to promote employee and community concerns.

The hardest part of the job was starting a project

The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing a project to its conclusion.
Pros
No set work hours
Cons
Changes take a long time
Dead End job
Service Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNJuly 11, 2017
My typical day at work here is; I show up at 8 am and take non stop back to back phone calls while my management and trainers all sit around and do nothing to help but instead choose to criticize us for everything we do. Sure SAIC is a great place to work if you are some type of management but if you have the unfortunate opportunity to work one of the help desks you'd be better off working at Walmart or digging ditches for the city, its way less busy and more enjoyable than working one of the help desks here at SAIC
Pros
Nothing at all
Cons
Everything, management, end users
Okay place to work
skip (Former Employee) –  skipJuly 10, 2017
SAIC would have been a great place to work. Our leadership made it miserable.
I was forced to write the review, else I could not move on. I tried to skip this.
Pros
We had a great team.
Cons
Poor leadership.
Solid company with a good reputation
Analyst (Current Employee) –  VirginiaJuly 8, 2017
I have been employed by SAIC on two separate occasions. Good people make this a great place to work. The benefits and compensation are on par with industry standards.
Pros
Working with, and for, great people.
Cons
A great stepping stone but nothing more.
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Havelock, NCJuly 8, 2017
The job itself is pretty balanced. I have no problems with the duty. The real problem resides in how the company's management system is. If you have a manager that uses intimidation, shows favoritism and acts like you are a child, good luck having HR even look into it.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Terrible management
Productive and Educational Workplace
ITO Site Support Intern (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAJuly 7, 2017
Great environment to be working in. Fun and encouraging staff, to work with and learn from. Would be interested in a job in the future with this company.
Productive and fun workspace
Bioinformatics Analyst (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDJuly 6, 2017
Work with domain experts on different projects to answer real scientific questions to help cancer research. Collaborative and team-aware environment..
Fun family oriented work environment
Team Lead Technician, Desktop Support (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 3, 2017
SAIC is one of the best companies I have ever worked for. They pay well, have good benefits, and opportunity for advancement. A typical work day includes review of my teams workload from the previous day, assigning my team their workload for the current day. Train any technician in any area that they may need assistance. Management is top notch and has an open door policy. The culture is that of high standard but still fun.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SAIC. Our community is ready to answer.