SAIC Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,165 reviews matching the search
Productive work place with a more human feel.
Engineering Technician III (Current Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXJune 20, 2016
I know it's hard to claim, but there are few places that truly have that organic relationship between management and workers. SAIC happens to be one such place. At no time do the workers feel under appreciated. That being stated it should be pointed out that SAIC is in the same work category as Booze Allen, Harris, Lockheed Martin and other DOD contract companies. So if you don't care for uncertain futures or periodically searching for another place of employment, seems to happen every bid cycle. Avoid. However if none of that bothers you and you love the excitement of it all, SAIC is the place for you.
Pros
One of the best Health Savings Accounts out there.
Cons
limited advancement opportunities.
Detachment
Combat Shooting Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fort Pickett, VirginiaAugust 20, 2016
A typical day at work involved classroom instruction with students from a specialized branch of the Navy.
I learned that no matter how much you think you know that there is always something new to learn.
The client management was very demanding and did not provide much in the way of resources. The Corporate management of SAIC was supportive and went out of their way to take care of us.
My co-workers were all former military professionals that provided subject matter expertise on many different subjects.
The hardest part of the job was the long hours, many times in excess of 14 hour work days.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the realization of our students comprehension and application of the instruction we provided for them.
Pros
Stateside work
Cons
SAIC - is a great place to work
Senior Cyber Architect (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 25, 2016
SAIC provides a great stable work environment. At SAIC you will work with some of the brightest and smartest people in the whole country.

The hardest part of the job is when the client does not take your recommendations.

Best of part of job is that SAIC customers are world class.
Pros
Job mobility is great since SAIC is world wide, 401k 5% matching
Cons
Health Care for family of four out of pocket is about $15k
Horrible place to work
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Huntsville AlabamaMay 28, 2016
politics over rules. Constant bickering among management. Getting the job done and better relationships with senior client management is not important. There are no on-boarding protocols. No one wants to answer questions regarding interface methodologies and status. Atmosphere is totally dysfunctional.
Pros
Pay to start with modest raises
Cons
Incompetent senior managers . Revolving door specialist that come and go monthly.
Shady
N/A (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VAMay 26, 2016
Shady management and shady business practices that place sub-contractors in a position were their hands are tied. One employee was let go of his position; promised it back ( with a pay cut) once he reapplied. Not only did he not get the position but he also was told he was over qualified for his own position. They decided to go with the bosses best friend son.

I was let go with three days left in my two week notice and I was a Sub-Contractor.

I will say at the time I needed a job but it served it purpose but if you get hired be careful and use it as a launching pad to find another.
Pros
Serves its purpose
Cons
It was a great place to work
Telecommunications Network Analyst (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VAAugust 19, 2016
It was a contract job but the Management treated all staff very well with great benefits. It was a great environment to work and there was a great team work in accomplishing the tasks.Unfortunately the contract ended and we were laid off.
Pros
Great salary and company benefits and work environment
Cons
The contract ended within a short time.
Fun place to work
Storefront Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 23, 2016
Had a much smaller staff at the Pentagon, there were only 5 of us total. We learned the inner workings of the Federal Facilities Division. We responsible for the inventorying and cataloging of the entire government owned stock and merchandise. The commute from Woodbridge to the Pentagon was the probably the hardest part of the job on any given day. The teamwork that we employed to get the job done was enjoyable.
Pros
Work Experience
Cons
Commute to DC
Productive and Evolving work spcae. Always learning something new
Administrative Assistant/ Resource Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYJuly 13, 2016
A work day was always filled with something new. From preparing for a class to being out on the range. I learned a lot about self motivation and resiliency. Along with hosting classes I had my own personal duties consisting of ordering supplies, organizing my co workers schedules, accompanying the managers for meeting. My managers where very kind and had a vast knowledge base if I ever had any questions. There was nothing really to hard about working there. We worked as a team and someone was always able and willing to help the next person. I really enjoyed the fact that everyday was different and that we worked so closely with or customers.
Pros
Got out the office often, meeting new people, consistly learning new things
Cons
overtime was unavalible
Try not to get caught up in the who's who drama because for some reason the charleston branch is full of bull shitters
Logistics (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJuly 23, 2016
Great contractor company to get your feet wet in. Poor management at 1602. Fun people to work around but upper management they all are friends and if your not in the CLICK you get walked on. It's hard to advance unless you know someone.
Pros
They teach you
Cons
Poor management
Contract work No Good!!!!!!
Remedy/ Specialist/Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCMay 16, 2016
Integrate MRAP vehicle Comm system and learning Remedy system .
Management sucks!
Great co-workers.
Nothing was hard about the job. Learning new things all the time.
Today you might have a job and the next day jobless.
I got paid very well.
Contract work.... NO GOOD!
Pros
Pay very well and learn new things. Never a dull job.
Cons
Work today and jobless the next day/ contract work.
Enabled me to continue to serve the US Military
Many - (Former Employee) –  St Louis, MO; Warrenville, IL; and at home.May 2, 2016
Typical workday? - no such thing, which is one of the reasons I enjoyed working for SAIC. My tenure at SAIC also involved me in a myriad of different tasks and subject areas - always challenging and educational. Enjoyed working with co-workers, many much younger than myself and open to and willing to be subject to my mentoring. I cannot state that any part of the jobs held were "hard" - challenging yes; requiring self education yes; requiring long hours sometimes.
SAIC is a Great Place to work
Technical Team Lead/Senior Oracle DBA (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 20, 2016
I always feel proud of my job at SAIC because the DHS projects which I worked are mission critical and used to serve all 50 states individuals. These systems able to manage with high availability.
Daily Database routine tasks are streamlined for all the Enterprise level supported projects. All the environments with built in security which I worked I learned a lot and all stake holders and vendors always impressed by my contributions.Excellent co-workers and nice management. Career growth and learning and improve the skills it is a great place to work.
Pros
Projects with State of the Art Technologies and better experience
Being the Lead Air Operations Center Mission Trainer was a very fulfilling experience.
Lead Air Operations Center Mission (Former Employee) –  Barksdale AFB, LAApril 19, 2016
A typical work day was 0730-1630L, standard 40 hr work week. As the Lead AOC Mission Trainer it was most rewarding to facilitate the training requirements outlined in the AFIs to ensure the warfighters were ready for deployments and day to day mission needs. My-co-workers were very professional and cooperative, which made my job that more pleasant.
Pros
Ability to meet customers training objectives and send them off to support our National Interest
Cons
Didn't match 401k
Was there over 20 years and seen lots of changes.
Full Lifecycle Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNJuly 22, 2016
Large organization. Great co-workers. Had many opportunities while there. Work/life balance was very good. Management was changing when I was laid-off. The compensation/benefits were very good. In my time I saw a lot of manager turnover.
Pros
Great Flexibility and co-workers
An internship here gives you a great prelude to coporate life
Unit lead Engineer (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 31, 2016
As an intern I learned new things in programming and self discipline in project progression and goal achievement. The pay was well above other interns and my mentor was by far the best I have had.
Pros
great place to get started in the coporate life and learn
Cons
hardly anything I can think of
Very cut throat environment to go after gov. contracts.
Divisional CTO (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 4, 2016
Proposal writing
Did not learn much
Middle management mediocre
Co-workers were harassed
Hardest part of job was repeating some managers
Most enjoyable part of job was problem solving with co-workers
Pros
Technically challenging
Cons
Misleading clients
fun and productive place to work
Engineering Technician III (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 14, 2016
One phase was the integrating part of NIE, where we would install the systems into the military vehicles that were under test. The next phase was to test and validate these systems as well as educate the soldiers on this. Phase 3 is where we would conduct our field tests with the soldiers in complete control of the equipment but we were there for support when needed. The final phase was removing the installed equipment and get ready for the next install. I liked my position at SAIC because every few months there was a change of pace and shifted gears, keeping work interesting. There was always something to learn. Co- workers were easy to get along with. Management was caring, educated, and informative. I learned the contracting life, the systems introduced to the Army as well as the process that goes into NIE.
Pros
Pay, field exercises
Cons
contracting
I would remain at SAIC, but the contract is ending.
Engineering Tech IV (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 3, 2016
SAIC is a good company to work for. I worked the NIE program and feel that the management could of cared for it's people(employee a bit more).
Pros
A sense of pride on helping to keep our solders safe.
Cons
I had to take in too much exhausts and couldn't get moved.
Mediocre Management; Worth the Pay
CHCS Software Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAApril 30, 2016
When I worked for SAIC they paid well. Stock options earned me quite a bit of money. Great benefits. This was back in early 2000s. My site wasn't run well. Sometimes ridiculous management, some lazy co-workers.
Pros
Prestigious job, great pay.
Cons
Management unwilling to handle complaints-things never changed.
One of the best work environment I been in
QC Technical Inspector (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 6, 2016
Get to work with US military on a day to day basis and help make their lives safer while in harms way. leadership is open minding and will to listen to anyone on the team. On a daily basis you will learn something new. This job is always evolving to support the customer. The only down fall I see right now is that it is and contact job.