SAIC Employee Reviews

Found 1,340 reviews matching the search
The opportunity is great - if you have a college degree.
Computer Systems Engineer/Budget Analyst (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMay 28, 2017
I was offered an opportunity to work as SAIC as a Systems Adminstrator and to help develop a first-responder tool for identifying situations involving chemical, biological, and nuclear weapons of mass destruction.
Very professional workplace
Logistics Specialist (Current Employee) –  Redstone Arsenal, ALMay 26, 2017
Work management is very supportive and mobility in company seems to be reachable. Also, I like the employees a very family oriented. SAIC is amazing!!
Pros
Great team with great pay benenfits
Cons
Health insurance is a little high but pay helps
Positive working environment. Management treated employees fairly.
Web Design Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 24, 2017
Positive working environment. Management treated employees fairly. I have worked in an Agile scrum environment for the past four years. I found the Agile environment to helpful in communicating ideas and progress goals with 15 minute, daily face to face meetings with the my development team. Working late to accomplish deadline goals was touch sometimes, but I took pleasure in it because I believed in the project and the company. Getting the opportunity to solve problems and apply innovation through my creativity was a most enjoyable experience.
Pros
Good health benefits. Positive working environment, people friendly.
Great company and a funny group to work with.
Financial Analyst/Executive Admin Asst (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDMay 24, 2017
I was contracted out to Goddard Space Flight Center as a Financial Analysis and an Administrative Assistant. I helped with keeping track of the budget. I was the administrative assistant to the contracted employees of SAIC on our project.
Pros
Close knit work group and a lot of fun
James Hall Simple Review
MRA Service Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 24, 2017
FSFSC is a non profit organization that's vastly growing and is a good place to begin and end a career. Every job could be better but this job is making a community impact.
Great opportunity
Director of Infrastructure (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 23, 2017
Great job and great people. Benefits are wonderful and management looks to help you as much as possible. Hours are manageable and travel is at a minimum. Work closely with people to make a difference.
Pros
Great opportunity
Cons
Government work
SAIC a good place to work
Service Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COMay 23, 2017
SAIC a good place to work. Organization is well respected in the industry and has a good presence in Colorado works with government and non government contracts.
Pros
Good Company
Cons
Short breaks, parking lot in the winter not ploeed all the time
Challenging and Exciting
Project Administrator II (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 22, 2017
An amazing organization and dynamic/large government contracts. Wonderful for IT savvy individuals and those with project management experience. A great company for those looking for longevity.
Pros
Growth Opportunities
Cons
Long Hours
good if you can get clearance
Help desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COMay 22, 2017
Good place to work of you can manage to get security clearance. easy work for a government contractor. good benefits and work environment. very difficult to get clearance. will go over your life with fine tooth comb.
Pros
easy work
Cons
hard to get clearance
Work environment,Management, Compensation & Benefits are excellent.
Sr. Tax Accountant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 22, 2017
My passion is working on corp tax compliance - both domestic & international corps.; multi-entities/multi-state returns; tax provisions; fed tax adjs,
Pros
Compensation & Benefits; Work environment
Systems Integration Analyst
Systems Integration Analyst Sr. (Current Employee) –  Kaneohe Station, HIMay 19, 2017
There are no issues with this company to report, most are retired or former military so we speak the same language and have the same sense of urgency to support the Marines.
Pros
Ability to think on your own
Cons
N/a
n/a
Service Desk Agent Tier 1/2 (Current Employee) –  Oak Ridge TnMay 19, 2017
I am happy overall with the experience I have gained while working for saic. It was a great entry level position. They hold you to a very high standard, while paying as little as possible...
employed
Tricare Area Office, Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Gordon, GAMay 18, 2017
Working various departments. Excellent growth potential, managers support professional development. Ability to attend college to further education. Very supportive and eager to train and compliance focused.
It isn't bad if you know what you are getting into.
Program Control Analyst (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 18, 2017
Before i begin, I can only speak to my own experience so don’t take this as gospel.

They are a fan of Jobs, not Careers. If you decide to work for SAIC be prepared to stay where you are. Unless you do something incredible AND there is an open position at the time, you will not be moved up. From my own experience and watching my co-workers, they are not in the habit of promoting people.

From what I can tell there seems to be a universal understanding that this isn’t a factory. You aren’t really held to a rigid 9-5. The salary employees have flex time and they work well with the hourly employees as well.

The benefits aren’t good. Except dental. We have great dental.

The people are either the best people you will ever work with or some of the worst. Thankfully, if feels like the good people outnumber the bad.
Pros
Flexible Hours, Good People
Cons
Little Advancement, Poor Benefits
Fun and friendly workplace
IT Technical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNMay 17, 2017
SAIC is a great company. Everyone you meet is friendly and helpful. Outdoor pond with a walking trail around it for a peaceful walk on lunch or break.
Busy for its time
Data Specialist (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMay 15, 2017
SAIC became known as Leidos as parts of the company were split off into a different entity. During the time I was under SAIC, the position was constantly busy with work never seeing an end. I would be at work by dawn and spend the next 8-10 hours analyzing data and verifying reports. The team I collaborated with did the best that they could to get the job done while having fun doing it. Looking back today, it feels that Leidos (formerly known as SAIC) was better with the SAIC name than it is with the Leidos name. The hardest part at the time was keeping up with the onslaught of work to be done but the most enjoyable part was when the team felt accomplished enough to go out to eat for lunch once or twice a month. It made the coworkers seem more like friends than just someone from the office or an acquaintance.
Pros
Getting along with coworkers
Travel opprotunities
Engineering Technician V (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCMay 14, 2017
Great program engineers. Ability to progress through the ranks if determined to be someone better.Good benefits. Great working facilities. Tools provided for technicians.
New management/new strategy
Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 13, 2017
Cobbled together from several acquisitions with no real growth strategy. The management came from defense contracting and thought utility, petro-chemical, and heavy civil would be similar. Naw, not close. The company also changed from employee owned to publicly traded. The culture completely changed.
Pros
Good work/life balance
Cons
unstable
Fun place to work.
Help Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCMay 11, 2017
Management is awesome and a fun place to work, just a few negative energies among peers. Individuals with no experience creating drama in the work environment.
Pros
Cons
Lack of competence among peers.
fun place to work
Senior Telecommunications Analyst (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 11, 2017
Working for SAIC is never a dull moment, many moving parts... this job could be very challenging and satisfying at the same time.

You have to be self motivated and eager to learn new things. This job could open many doors in both private and government sector, it is up to you where you end up.

Can be a path to a new and exciting career...
Pros
Opportunities a plenty
Cons
Can be difficult to advance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SAIC. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval