SAIC

SAIC Employer Reviews

Great Company
Military Consultant (Former Employee), Augusta, GADecember 22, 2014
During my time with SAIC, I enjoyed the overall culture of the team I worked with and the companies ability to work with the employees. The customers were not enjoyable but the work flow and overall attitude was enjoyable. I wish they were able to maintain the contract with the government so I would of continued ti work with them.
SAIC-Logistics Analyst
Logistics Analyst I (Current Employee), Fort Bliss, TXDecember 17, 2014
Pros: repetative and i always know what must be done
Cons: no room for growth
A typical day at work for me is doing an inventory of critical parts which are hot items needed for every build on the MRAP. I will input and log in faulty parts and place them in their designated area. I will also create work orders for faulty cables as well as cables that need modifications per build. Work with outlook, microsoft word, excel, and – more... SAMS-E. My most enjoyable part of my job is that I know what is expected of me daily and I do it. – less
Great Place to Work Prior to Split
GIS Specialist (Former Employee), Chantilly, VADecember 16, 2014
The division I was in prior to the split was well run, friendly, and efficient. After the split I'm no longer with the company, so I can't say how it is now.
Excellent team environment
Software Application Engineer/Task Manager (Current Employee), Lexington Park, MDDecember 14, 2014
Excellent working environment. Excellent team members. The teams I managed all worked on multiple tasks simultaneously.
Decent workplace
Network Support Analyst TNC (Current Employee), MacDill AFB, FLDecember 14, 2014
Good pay. Management could be better but overall not bad. Much better than the unemployment line
Mediocre work environment and highly stressful
Circuit Management Technician (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXDecember 10, 2014
Pros: paid vacations
Cons: high stress level and no recognition for work accomplished
Management and job compensation for the duties required were not as good as I thought they would be, Long hours and no credit for work done was the norm as supervisors and managers seemed ill equipped for positions they were responsible for.
Productive and energetic environment
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee), San Diego, CADecember 8, 2014
Pros: environment, benefits
Cons: stress level at month end and year end
A typical day in the Expense Report track was any where from8-12 hours. I worked independently, had a weekly deadline and developed strategies to complete my tasks efficiently. Management was always available for guidance and sight to any problems or issues. Co workers were always willing to assist is needed. It was a well knit group supportive of each – more... other under a weekly stressful deadline. The hardest part of this job was the numbers of expense reports we received at month end with the same deadline. The easiest most enjoyable part of this position was the people I worked with and for. – less
Used to be a good place to work....
Systems Administrator (Current Employee), Reston, VADecember 3, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: management, lack of direction
SAIC was a good place to work and then the company split. Leidos has become a company consumed with the bottom dollar (as it should be), but takes the path for improvement that makes no sense.
not enjoy
Marketing Representative (Former Employee), mclean, vaDecember 2, 2014
did not care about the employees, just the bottom line. place needs an uplift and is top heavy.
Management was poor, more focused on time sold than on people supporting the company which is making the project a success
Information Technology Data Analyst & Sys Eng (Former Employee), Tampa, FLNovember 30, 2014
Pros: location was downtown tampa, easy commute
Cons: travel expenses form was easy to get approved
From 2007 - 2008 Task lead was in DC, and came down to the site once a month for "vacation" to see how things were going. A bunch of old guys were running the show and were doing their "thing" and there was no communication with us younger folks. Communication barrier and the "team" just fell apart. This effected the project's success and I left the – more... project as it was a bitter and sour environment.
2003 - 2007 SAIC was a good time in Nebraska. Good family focused and fun times. Good DoD customer to work for, short commute, nice food court at the facility, and the work was very interesting to perform. Great experience. – less
Good work environment, talented individuals that make the job easy
Linguist/ course developer (Former Employee), Beavercreek, OHNovember 30, 2014
What I have learned teamwork and and sacrificed to get the work done on time, the management was great in managing the work schedule and providing the tools to make the tasks easy to tackle. the hardest part was to leave and not to have extension to the contract. the most enjoyable part is atmosphere and the work environment and the team
Great Learning Environment
AR Manager (Former Employee), San Diego, CANovember 26, 2014
Pros: training, experience, advancement
Cons: job security due to constant reorgs and financial uncertainty
Opportunities for training, great mentorship, and teaching environment
Good place to work, but very dependant on project work
Business Analyst/Project Mgr/Sr Technical Writer (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 21, 2014
Pros: occasional free lunches (during meetings), family type of group (we all know one another)
Cons: too dependant on project work
Management kept changing their minds on direction of the company. There was no real long-term plan for the next 5-10 years. Guess that's why our division was sold to the lowest bidder??

The company was way too tied to project work. My personal experience was that I had attended a week-long training class (mandatory by the company) that I almost was – more... released for, because my billable hours were 0 for that week.

My co-workers made the job for me, as I was able to learn from them without hesitation. – less
Fast paced place to work
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee), Alexandria, VANovember 21, 2014
• Primary receptionist for a small office of 25 people. Answered phones, welcomed and received guests, customers, and vendors.
• Performed data entry; typed; prepared FedEx domestic and international air bills; filed; and performed other clerical duties as assigned.
• Managed the scheduling of conference space and effectively interacted with a variety – more... of professional staff at all levels. – less
Excellent Total Rewards, Little Job Security
Geo-Location Operator (Former Employee), Augusta, GANovember 19, 2014
Pros: great pay & benefits, strong culture & community
Cons: low job secuirty, hard to grow/cross-train
Work hours vary depending on the position. Due to the nature of government contracting, there is less job security than in other industries, however, the pay is excellent. Co-workers were friendly and professional, and freely shared their expertise. Management communicated openly and was also professional and easy to get along with. The intelligence – more... field is very tight-knit group, even in contracting, and it supports a very strong community and culture.

The most difficult part of my job was the long hours (10-12 hour shifts). SAIC stands above many other contracting organizations in that they truly put effort into rewarding their employees for their knowledge and skills. They also make every effort possible to keep you in the company when contracts end. The only negative I had was that there was little room for growing in my particular position even when I expressed interest in expanding my knowledge and skills. – less
Great company to work for
Recruiting Coordinator (Current Employee), McLean, VANovember 17, 2014
Pros: leadership
Challenging fast paced environment with high demand. Great Team and leadership. Great company to work for.
Innovative and challenging work enviornment
Senior Quality Engineer Lead (Current Employee), Houston TXNovember 12, 2014
Pros: very interesting projects
Cons: salary
Cordial work environment
Challenging work assignments
Great Management
Friendly Co-workers
Great Management
System Administrator/Database Instructor (Former Employee), Atlanta, Ga.November 4, 2014
Company is great to work for I would recommend people to them for jobs. I enjoy working for them.
Great company to work for
Geospatial Analyst (Former Employee), Chantilly, VANovember 3, 2014
I had a very good experience with SAIC. My husband is active duty military and SAIC was very accommodating. They were willing to push my start date back so i would not have to leave my family early.
High integrity organization
Network Engineer (Former Employee), Washington, DCNovember 3, 2014
SAIC is another government contractor that is well respected but has often been subjected to government investigations. The compensation is not the greatest but it's above average. The company prides itself over it's reputation and heritage (scientific), and majority of the staff are well educated and professional with the level of service they provide.

1 2 3 4 5

About SAIC

SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches – Read more