SAIC Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,165 reviews matching the search
Downhill post IPO
Senior Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDOctober 12, 2015
SAIC was a wonderful place before they went public. When I left in 2012 they had degraded, though. Lots of typical corporate though processes had infiltrated the ranks of management to the detriment of the work environment. HR was difficult to navigate, benefits suffered, and I found myself surrounded by almost all inexperienced folks (read: cheap). I was told that "some turnover is good" and whenever I inquired to management about upward mobility I was put off. There are a lot of opportunities available there due to sheer company size, and like most places some branch offices/business units are better than others.
Pros
opportunities
Cons
corporate culture, advancement
Great opportunity
MATERIAL CONTROL SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 2, 2016
The company provides great opportunities to individuals that lack experience. With that being said, management does not always make decisions that are in the best interest of the company. Individuals that lack experience are placed in positions that should be held by more qualified individuals. The lack of management experience is causing the company to suffer. The company doesn't offer 401k and has high insurance plans. The benefit to the company is that is offered flex hours for work/ life balance.
Pros
flex hours
Cons
management is inexperience; favoritism
Exceptional and Professional Company
Deputy Division Manager / Project Manager (Former Employee) –  La Plata, MDDecember 25, 2015
I enjoyed working with SAIC's team of professionals as a manager. I was able to advance in my career and was happy in my work. I appreciated the opportunity to serve my country through SAIC, while working with some of the best and brightest individuals as co-workers, colleagues, and managers. The daily challenges were exciting and I felt that I was in a position to make a positive influence on others as a mentor and leader.
Pros
Career Advancement Opportunities
Cons
Major layoff of key management positions.
Productive work environment
Policy Analyst V (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 29, 2016
Impressive group of management and co-worker professionals. Mature and dedicated workforce. Excellent in job matching applicants to customer needs.
Pros
Benefits package
Great Place to Work
associate (Former Employee) –  NCJanuary 21, 2016
A great place to work with great benefits and work life balance. Management is some of the best in the business. It is amazing!
Pros
All of it
Cons
The production was limited to what the Government wanted
Engineer Technician III (Current Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXMarch 9, 2016
Most of the time spent working for this company was very busy. We had a diverse work group. Before this contract I had never seen these vehicles before, nor had I any idea as to how much what we did mattered. Our crew as it were consisted of a great management team, of which kept us informed as to any changes in the contract or way we did things.
There really wasn't anything too hard about this job, nor that enjoyable. At the end of the day, it was just another job.
Pros
Good Learning experience, good people to work with
Cons
none that I saw
this is the most clique-ish company I ever worked for
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 2, 2016
Bad attitudes across the board - the benefits were good - there is no chance for advancement - the way to advance in this company is to leave and re-hire.
Great Place to Work
Logistics Analyst (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJanuary 28, 2016
The location of work can vary based on the customer you support.
There's plenty room for improvement and learn as long as you keep your self open.
Dealing with customers can be difficult at somethimes.
Great support from management even when they are outside of the state or country.
Pros
No Micro Managing
Cons
Benefits; layoffs
Productive and Evolving work spcae. Always learning something new
Administrative Assistant/ Resource Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYJuly 13, 2016
A work day was always filled with something new. From preparing for a class to being out on the range. I learned a lot about self motivation and resiliency. Along with hosting classes I had my own personal duties consisting of ordering supplies, organizing my co workers schedules, accompanying the managers for meeting. My managers where very kind and had a vast knowledge base if I ever had any questions. There was nothing really to hard about working there. We worked as a team and someone was always able and willing to help the next person. I really enjoyed the fact that everyday was different and that we worked so closely with or customers.
Pros
Got out the office often, meeting new people, consistly learning new things
Cons
overtime was unavalible
Detachment
Combat Shooting Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fort Pickett, VirginiaAugust 20, 2016
A typical day at work involved classroom instruction with students from a specialized branch of the Navy.
I learned that no matter how much you think you know that there is always something new to learn.
The client management was very demanding and did not provide much in the way of resources. The Corporate management of SAIC was supportive and went out of their way to take care of us.
My co-workers were all former military professionals that provided subject matter expertise on many different subjects.
The hardest part of the job was the long hours, many times in excess of 14 hour work days.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the realization of our students comprehension and application of the instruction we provided for them.
Pros
Stateside work
Cons
Productive work place with a more human feel.
Engineering Technician III (Current Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXJune 20, 2016
I know it's hard to claim, but there are few places that truly have that organic relationship between management and workers. SAIC happens to be one such place. At no time do the workers feel under appreciated. That being stated it should be pointed out that SAIC is in the same work category as Booze Allen, Harris, Lockheed Martin and other DOD contract companies. So if you don't care for uncertain futures or periodically searching for another place of employment, seems to happen every bid cycle. Avoid. However if none of that bothers you and you love the excitement of it all, SAIC is the place for you.
Pros
One of the best Health Savings Accounts out there.
Cons
limited advancement opportunities.
fun and productive place to work
Engineering Technician III (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 14, 2016
One phase was the integrating part of NIE, where we would install the systems into the military vehicles that were under test. The next phase was to test and validate these systems as well as educate the soldiers on this. Phase 3 is where we would conduct our field tests with the soldiers in complete control of the equipment but we were there for support when needed. The final phase was removing the installed equipment and get ready for the next install. I liked my position at SAIC because every few months there was a change of pace and shifted gears, keeping work interesting. There was always something to learn. Co- workers were easy to get along with. Management was caring, educated, and informative. I learned the contracting life, the systems introduced to the Army as well as the process that goes into NIE.
Pros
Pay, field exercises
Cons
contracting
Good experience
Sept.2015 Multimedia Developer (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 29, 2016
My team was great, I learned a lot by working with closely with senior members of the team. Everyone was very supportive in terms of working together toward a common goal. Management was magnificent. I have no regrets about working for SAIC.
it a very nice place to work. It a federal contractor company that beads every five years. depending on the amount of moneyaproved they will
C#.Net Developer (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 6, 2015
It is a good place to work. Management is very good. Team work is ok. The company provides coffee. The company has a great culture and the drive to succeed.
SAIC is a Great Place to work
Technical Team Lead/Senior Oracle DBA (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 20, 2016
I always feel proud of my job at SAIC because the DHS projects which I worked are mission critical and used to serve all 50 states individuals. These systems able to manage with high availability.
Daily Database routine tasks are streamlined for all the Enterprise level supported projects. All the environments with built in security which I worked I learned a lot and all stake holders and vendors always impressed by my contributions.Excellent co-workers and nice management. Career growth and learning and improve the skills it is a great place to work.
Pros
Projects with State of the Art Technologies and better experience
Shady
N/A (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VAMay 26, 2016
Shady management and shady business practices that place sub-contractors in a position were their hands are tied. One employee was let go of his position; promised it back ( with a pay cut) once he reapplied. Not only did he not get the position but he also was told he was over qualified for his own position. They decided to go with the bosses best friend son.

I was let go with three days left in my two week notice and I was a Sub-Contractor.

I will say at the time I needed a job but it served it purpose but if you get hired be careful and use it as a launching pad to find another.
Pros
Serves its purpose
Ok but not that great
Instructor, Defense Intelligence Agency (Former Employee) –  Stafford, VAMarch 25, 2016
I enjoyed working there but a sudden change of management revealed many problems and ignorance..

A lot of hard headedness and self glamorization mixed with insecurities on part of managers who are limited in their experience, made the program a major failure
Not my intended employer
Systems Integration Analyst IV (Current Employee) –  Stafford, VAJune 2, 2015
When I initially transitioned from the Marine Corps, I was hired by a great company called Eagan, McAllister Associates, Inc. (EMA), which was later acquired by SAIC. The acquisition had its fits and starts, but most of the EMA employees also transitoned to SAIC. It became apparent, though, that SAIC corporate was more interested in the "bottom line" and not necessarily in maintaining/building an in-house resource of skilled, professional employees. While the benefits and work/life balance are good, job security is practically nonexistence - if your contract is coming to an end, you get a 30-day notice and little assistance with finding other internal job opportunities.
Great place to work but pay is not that great
Desktop Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCFebruary 1, 2016
I enjoyed working there. Management was very supportive and placed value on their employees. Only negative is the pay is not that good. Health care packages were good but I couldn't really afford to have a dependent because that would weigh heavy on my check.
Pros
Great work environment, good staff and manager, and job opportunities.
Cons
Pay rates are too low.
SAIC University: Very talented and professional group
Sr. Instructional Designer/Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 22, 2015
SAIC University was providing top-notch training and learning programs until being disbanded when the company went public. SAICU management created very positive culture - "alumni" still get together regularly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SAIC. Our community is ready to answer.