SAIC Employee Reviews

Found 1,308 reviews matching the search
Ok
Grants Generalist (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDApril 29, 2017
I honestly felt as though I was discriminated against.
I enjoyed the people I worked with but not Sr. Management.
Overall its and ok company to work for.
Paid unfairly
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CAApril 26, 2017
Good Work life balance
Good Disability benifits
Good Paid Time off
Workplace is OK .
Mostly you will be working at client place.
Everything is good except I was paid unfairly .
Good Environment
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHApril 26, 2017
In my experience, nice team of employees working well together. Good opportunities for Career Advancement. Emphasis on professional development and growth.
Decent place to work
Engineering Tech IV (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCApril 26, 2017
You get what you put in to it. * hour days mostly, with occasional overtime required. Lots of different contracts so you have many chances to learn new things.
Performance is rewarded. Prepare to work hard
Deputy Program Manager (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAApril 26, 2017
If an employee shows value to the company in their assigned tasks, opportunities for learning and advancement exist. The culture is very metric driven in order to meet and and exceed performance expectations.
Good company
Security Engineer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 20, 2017
Large company focus. Good management and benefits. The workplace culture varies depending on management and organization. Many opportunities for advancement.
I dunno
Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNApril 20, 2017
I mean, the place is okay. But it depends on what job you are on. And who your boss is. So, I cannot really say much on what it is like. Or whatever.
Pros
hour lunches
Cons
healthcare
Dead-end job
IT (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAApril 19, 2017
There was no opportunity for advancement. Pressure was constant to work more hours and give more OT. The favoritism culture from the CIO was ludicrous; if one was a pet, one could do anything: otherwise, the office of CIO did not know who you were. CIO office would frequently ask "who's that?" in conference calls when one of their employee reports would be mentioned. Not a large workforce (200+); completely aghast that office of CIO could not know who worked for them.
Decent place
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  SCApril 18, 2017
The company became a less enjoyable place after it became a publicly traded company. Most benefits like training and education were promised, but never paid for.
Good Company to work for
Senior Deskside Technician (LEAD) (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAApril 17, 2017
Great benefits - Large company with presence in many states and cities. Can move and/or grow into various sectors of the company. SAIC handles Federal, State and Local government accts as well as commercial ones.
Fast Paced and nice
Assisting Military (Current Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNApril 17, 2017
I loved the fast pace environment. Really nice place to work, the supervisors are really easy to work for and with. If there was any questions that you might have, you could go to any of them.
Pros
Free lunch or Dinner sometimes
Cons
Health care coverage
Very uptight environment
Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAApril 14, 2017
SAIC I have work there well over 15 years. Based upon my experience this was a very uptight environment and not very family friendly for work life balance.
Difficult to advance. If you're not part of the circle sometimes it doesn't matter how much you know or how hard you work.
Engineer Technician III (Former Employee) –  VariousApril 11, 2017
SAIC has a culture of having it's picks. If you can hang out with the upper management on the weekends then you will be promoted. The pay scale is definitely uneven. Forced to drop a level because company went to a new structure where everyone was doing a certain contract would be at the same level. Regardless of their tenure. Money was uneven. Management has definitely lost their way on how to successfully run some contracts.
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNApril 11, 2017
Depending on position, availability to work from home and flexible schedules. Wide variety of position possibilities. Excellent potential for advancement.
Pros
Scheduling and benefits
Cons
Government funding based
A dynamic company with outstanding opportunities
Vice President, IT Managed Services (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 10, 2017
I joined SAIC after a 22 yr career in the U.S. Navy's Special Operations Officer (EOD) Community. My leadership talents developed through military service were immediately recognized and I was afforded the opportunity to demonstrate both leadership and program management skills from the beginning. Initially entrusted with a $3.4M program, I demonstrated a business acumen that allowed me to perform capture management on a $54M program - later to be assigned as the Program Manger. When the company split, I promoted into a VP role - managing nearly 600 men and women and an annual revenue of approximately $290M.

SAIC is a company that recognizes and rewards talent, provides opportunities for those that seek careers, vice jobs, and rewards innovative thought and result-based performance. The singular reason for my departure is a recent corporate reorganization that resulted in duplicity of efforts and the elimination of my role in San Diego, CA.
Pros
Entrepreneurial spirit and performance-based rewards.
Cons
Recently split after more than 40 years of employee ownership - residual legacy issues.
N/a
Senior Unix System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCApril 9, 2017
The job was a government contract position so I did not work within the SAIC environment, but within the government. There is nothing I can really say about working with in the SAIC company.
Productive Place to work
Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Springfield, VAApril 7, 2017
I work at a customer site and cannot comment much on SAIC facilities but the company does a good job of taking care of us even though we are not located in an SAIC facility.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Health Care is ok, need sick time
great company and executive leadership team, led by inspiring CEO
Consultant (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAApril 6, 2017
So many accomplishments since the company split - but old habits die hard. Mid management resists fundamental changes needed to transform the leadership mindset and workplace culture. Good news is it varies throughout the organization. If HR issues ever get resolved, SAIC will be an excellent place to work.
Pros
Smart people, professional work environment
Cons
Individual contributors in leadership roles
Saic
Software Testing Associate (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 6, 2017
Enjoyed working for this company. Just wish I could have stayed longer. I don't have any more lines that go here so....not sure what else needs to be said.
Good place to work. People friendly and helpful. No pressures.
Electrical Technician III (Current Employee) –  Bedford, INApril 6, 2017
Would recommend this employer to anyone even if you have no prior experience in this field. Everyone is willing to help you. Benefits are good. Pay is excellent.
Pros
Good pay and paid time off.
Cons
Not the best insurance but not worst either.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SAIC. Our community is ready to answer.