SAIC Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,147 reviews matching the search
Downhill post IPO
Senior Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDOctober 12, 2015
SAIC was a wonderful place before they went public. When I left in 2012 they had degraded, though. Lots of typical corporate though processes had infiltrated the ranks of management to the detriment of the work environment. HR was difficult to navigate, benefits suffered, and I found myself surrounded by almost all inexperienced folks (read: cheap). I was told that "some turnover is good" and whenever I inquired to management about upward mobility I was put off. There are a lot of opportunities available there due to sheer company size, and like most places some branch offices/business units are better than others.
Pros
opportunities
Cons
corporate culture, advancement
Great opportunity
MATERIAL CONTROL SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 2, 2016
The company provides great opportunities to individuals that lack experience. With that being said, management does not always make decisions that are in the best interest of the company. Individuals that lack experience are placed in positions that should be held by more qualified individuals. The lack of management experience is causing the company to suffer. The company doesn't offer 401k and has high insurance plans. The benefit to the company is that is offered flex hours for work/ life balance.
Pros
flex hours
Cons
management is inexperience; favoritism
Exceptional and Professional Company
Deputy Division Manager / Project Manager (Former Employee) –  La Plata, MDDecember 25, 2015
I enjoyed working with SAIC's team of professionals as a manager. I was able to advance in my career and was happy in my work. I appreciated the opportunity to serve my country through SAIC, while working with some of the best and brightest individuals as co-workers, colleagues, and managers. The daily challenges were exciting and I felt that I was in a position to make a positive influence on others as a mentor and leader.
Pros
Career Advancement Opportunities
Cons
Major layoff of key management positions.
Productive work environment
Policy Analyst V (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 29, 2016
Impressive group of management and co-worker professionals. Mature and dedicated workforce. Excellent in job matching applicants to customer needs.
Pros
Benefits package
Great Place to Work
associate (Former Employee) –  NCJanuary 21, 2016
A great place to work with great benefits and work life balance. Management is some of the best in the business. It is amazing!
Pros
All of it
Great Place to Work
Logistics Analyst (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJanuary 28, 2016
The location of work can vary based on the customer you support.
There's plenty room for improvement and learn as long as you keep your self open.
Dealing with customers can be difficult at somethimes.
Great support from management even when they are outside of the state or country.
Pros
No Micro Managing
Cons
Benefits; layoffs
The production was limited to what the Government wanted
Engineer Technician III (Current Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXMarch 9, 2016
Most of the time spent working for this company was very busy. We had a diverse work group. Before this contract I had never seen these vehicles before, nor had I any idea as to how much what we did mattered. Our crew as it were consisted of a great management team, of which kept us informed as to any changes in the contract or way we did things.
There really wasn't anything too hard about this job, nor that enjoyable. At the end of the day, it was just another job.
Pros
Good Learning experience, good people to work with
Cons
none that I saw
this is the most clique-ish company I ever worked for
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 2, 2016
Bad attitudes across the board - the benefits were good - there is no chance for advancement - the way to advance in this company is to leave and re-hire.
it a very nice place to work. It a federal contractor company that beads every five years. depending on the amount of moneyaproved they will
C#.Net Developer (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 6, 2015
It is a good place to work. Management is very good. Team work is ok. The company provides coffee. The company has a great culture and the drive to succeed.
Good experience
Sept.2015 Multimedia Developer (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 29, 2016
My team was great, I learned a lot by working with closely with senior members of the team. Everyone was very supportive in terms of working together toward a common goal. Management was magnificent. I have no regrets about working for SAIC.
SAIC University: Very talented and professional group
Sr. Instructional Designer/Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 22, 2015
SAIC University was providing top-notch training and learning programs until being disbanded when the company went public. SAICU management created very positive culture - "alumni" still get together regularly.
It is great company to work for and learn very organized and managed well, high ethical standards.
Arabic Linguist/ Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ruston, VirginiaOctober 20, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management, it's all about how you personally grow and develop. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from each other.
Pros
Good compensation and benefits.
Cons
Working in a hostile part of the world.
Excellent Company to work for with challenging opportunities for career advancement
Senior Engineer Program Analyst/Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Waimea, HiAugust 7, 2015
Management from the bottom up with lots of encouragement for all employees to participate in all aspects of the job. Provided opportunities to advance ones education and career within the company.
Pros
excellent pay and benefits
Cons
focused of defense contracts that had a short life span
Great company with competitive pay and excellent benefits
SAP Consultant (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 22, 2015
Great company to work for with supportive management. Competitive salary, and excellent benefits. The work environment was enjoyable, and my co-workers were a pleasure to work with.
Excellent work environment
Systems Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Scott Air Force BaseSeptember 23, 2015
I've been very pleased having worked for SAIC. The management, staff and coworkers have made it a rich experience. The company is very innovative and provides wonderful, easy to use tools to assist employees with answers and support. They provide a plethora of benefits employees are able to take advantage of.

I am truly grateful for having had the opportunity to work with them on a short-term contract.
Pros
Supportive management; Easy online tools
Cons
fun and productive place to work
Engineering Technician III (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 14, 2016
One phase was the integrating part of NIE, where we would install the systems into the military vehicles that were under test. The next phase was to test and validate these systems as well as educate the soldiers on this. Phase 3 is where we would conduct our field tests with the soldiers in complete control of the equipment but we were there for support when needed. The final phase was removing the installed equipment and get ready for the next install. I liked my position at SAIC because every few months there was a change of pace and shifted gears, keeping work interesting. There was always something to learn. Co- workers were easy to get along with. Management was caring, educated, and informative. I learned the contracting life, the systems introduced to the Army as well as the process that goes into NIE.
Pros
Pay, field exercises
Cons
contracting
Not my intended employer
Systems Integration Analyst IV (Current Employee) –  Stafford, VAJune 2, 2015
When I initially transitioned from the Marine Corps, I was hired by a great company called Eagan, McAllister Associates, Inc. (EMA), which was later acquired by SAIC. The acquisition had its fits and starts, but most of the EMA employees also transitoned to SAIC. It became apparent, though, that SAIC corporate was more interested in the "bottom line" and not necessarily in maintaining/building an in-house resource of skilled, professional employees. While the benefits and work/life balance are good, job security is practically nonexistence - if your contract is coming to an end, you get a 30-day notice and little assistance with finding other internal job opportunities.
ok place to work
Subcontracts Administrator (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAAugust 26, 2015
This place was a great stepping stone as a beginner in my career. i learned a lot. However, work life balance wasnt so great. Management was extremely strict and the environment was just ok.... benefits were great
Typical
Facility Security Officer (FSO) (Current Employee) –  Fort Knox, KYOctober 13, 2015
Nine to five career working with the government, military structured, flexible management, good work life balance, great human resources.
Great place to work but pay is not that great
Desktop Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCFebruary 1, 2016
I enjoyed working there. Management was very supportive and placed value on their employees. Only negative is the pay is not that good. Health care packages were good but I couldn't really afford to have a dependent because that would weigh heavy on my check.
Pros
Great work environment, good staff and manager, and job opportunities.
Cons
Pay rates are too low.