SAIC Employee Reviews

Found 1,275 reviews matching the search
Large company with associated benefits and drawbacks
Program Manager / Office Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 23, 2017
I enjoyed the opportunities afforded by this 40,000+ employee firm. During my tenure, the company was employee-owned and focused more on employee satisfaction. The company later went public and the focus shifted to company profitability.
Intern
Intern (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VAMarch 22, 2017
My internship experience at SAIC was excellent. I could not have asked for more. This was a great opportunity to jump start my career in the government contracting industry.
SAIC as a whole
Hiring (Current Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNMarch 22, 2017
The last two years things have taken a downward trend with SAIC and the culture. They are not focused on their employees growth and development. Many employees are required to work 10+ hours of overtime a week. There is not a work/life balance. The compensation is underpaid based on the job functions that each person is doing. There is a continuous turnover effect and makes it very difficult to function day in and day out.
Goo d place to work
Information Systems Security Officer (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAMarch 21, 2017
I worked for the company before and after it became a publicly traded company. As an employee owned company you felt vested in the company and was enjoyable to come to work. After a publicly traded company it became very "corporate" and the workers felt like numbers. Big executive pay and cheap labor seemed to be the policy. more competitive job offers at other places.
Overall a good company
Host Based Security System (HBSS) (Former Employee) –  Patuxent River, MDMarch 20, 2017
Good Company to work for but I had another opportunity I could not pass on. If you work for the company than you will not be disappointed. Learned quite a deal about HBSS while working for the company for 6 months.
SAIC is excellent
UNIX System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMarch 19, 2017
This company and position may be the best position I've ever held. The company is great and honest; at least in my experience. I would go back if they had a position in my area.
Fast pace and busy environment
Director of Technology (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMarch 19, 2017
Fast paced and busy environment. Excellent team of experienced professionals who go above and beyond to meet the clients demands in a fast paced and challenging environment.
Good Employer
Communications Engineer (Current Employee) –  MarylandMarch 15, 2017
The typical day at work is high paced but challenging.

I learn something new everyday/

The company/client management is great!

The workplace culture is wonderful with intelligent and engaging people.

The hardest part of the job is many tasks and only eights to complete the assigned tasks.

I really enjoy working with my co-worker and the complex nature of the job.
Enjoyable with the Right People
Richmond Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 14, 2017
Was a contractor with SAIC. At the location, there were fun and smart people to work with. While there were ups and downs, co-workers and team leads helped each other when faced with difficult tasks.
Good job
Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Crane, INMarch 14, 2017
Good company. Occasional bad management. Ten years there. Mostly good. Not much opportunity for advancement. Better place to work than some other contractors.
It is a good place to work
Personnel Security Administrator (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 13, 2017
I enjoy my job and have learned a lot about industrial security. The workplace culture is good and I work with a great team. Management is good, but I am looking for advancement.
Great Place to work
Software Engineer, Technical Support & Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 12, 2017
Amazing place.
Employee growth and development holds the highest value. Solid management.
Remote working is a plus. Once you get in, its hard to leave and boy was it my mistake to do so.
Great place to work.
Service Desk Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COMarch 12, 2017
Great people to work with, great environment and enjoyable users to work with and help with all the different problems and installs to do.
Documentation is important.
Great place, but...
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNMarch 11, 2017
Great place to work, very motivational and dedicated to employees. Unfortunately I was let go from the company after defending my son who was being cyber-bullied on social media. I gave 100% to this company, even to the point of being hospitalized due to work injury. I could have sought out Workers Comp but never did as I liked where I worked and enjoyed my job. I was never even given a chance to hear my side of what occurred regarding the social media incident which was done on personal my time. I was simply escorted out without being given a reason for being let go. Not a very professional way to treat a dedicated employee.
Pros
Company is very driven to keep employees happy and productive.
Cons
Not tolerant of issues outside of the workplace.
Great company, poor program
Mammal Support III - Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Kings Bay, GAMarch 10, 2017
The workplace I was in was not at all a typical SAIC workplace. It was a contract on a military base outside in the elements, working with animals. My complaints of the company only come from their oversight on the management of their contractors as part of the program.
Pros
Good equipment
Cons
Poor lower management standards
Find your nitch
Integration Architect (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 9, 2017
I just did contract work here. It's not Google, put you can get a good long-term career here. This would be an ideal job for someone right out of College to start a career and march up the ladder. The pay is great, the location in Huntsville AL is vary nice with world class shopping and restaurants within walking distance. I used to ride my MTB into the office and they have showers and a Gym right on the SAIC Campus.
Pros
Great pay and Nice Flolks
Cons
This is not Google, so take it easy
Workplace
Subcontracts Administrator /Buyer (Former Employee) –  Abingdon, MDMarch 9, 2017
SAIC was a nice place to work, people were like Family. Everyone pulled together to get deadlines met within your department. It's like most big companies, you have ups and downs with employees/management; however, at the end of the day the job was done.
Pros
Co-workers were team players
Cons
Short staffed at times
Assist Marine Corps Forces Special Operations Command (MARSOC)
Assist Logistics Mgr. (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCMarch 8, 2017
Develop, implement and execute command policies, processes and procedures of transportation and logistics. Responsibilities include the following: assists command/unit G4/S4 with the development, implementation and execution of organizational level processes and procedures that comply with standard operating procedures for transportation
Pros
Great working relationship with the Marine Corps
Cons
They lost the contract to another company that under bid them.
Challenging workplace. Work is rewarding
Accounts Receivable Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDMarch 8, 2017
Typical day included invoicing, customer service, interaction with co-workers and coordination with adjoining departments. Higher level management excellent. Diligent work and independent research is required.
Pros
Rewarding work
Cons
Not everyone works at same pace
Great Company but bad insurance
Senior Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 8, 2017
The company is great place to work and learn. There are many opportunities to grow and learn. The only issue that I had with the company is that the insurances is geared so that the bulk of the cost fall on young people starting families. This is one reason that we considered leaving.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SAIC. Our community is ready to answer.

86%