SAIC Employee Reviews

Found 1,101 reviews matching the search
Great place to work but pay is not that great
Desktop Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCFebruary 1, 2016
I enjoyed working there. Management was very supportive and placed value on their employees. Only negative is the pay is not that good. Health care packages were good but I couldn't really afford to have a dependent because that would weigh heavy on my check.
Pros
Great work environment, good staff and manager, and job opportunities.
Cons
Pay rates are too low.
I work with a good group of people.
Remote Pilot Operator (RPO) (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 1, 2016
The contract has been inconsistent due to budget but getting better. Looking for a second part time job to cover all my expenses.
Great Place to Work
Logistics Analyst (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJanuary 28, 2016
The location of work can vary based on the customer you support.
There's plenty room for improvement and learn as long as you keep your self open.
Dealing with customers can be difficult at somethimes.
Great support from management even when they are outside of the state or country.
Pros
No Micro Managing
Cons
Benefits; layoffs
Outstanding
Logistics Analyst III (Current Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXJanuary 22, 2016
Best company I have ever worked in, I enjoy the culture this company has created. very proffesional and very motivating
Great Place to Work
associate (Former Employee) –  NCJanuary 21, 2016
A great place to work with great benefits and work life balance. Management is some of the best in the business. It is amazing!
Pros
All of it
Somewhere to start
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 20, 2016
You are just another number.

Opportunities for advancement and limited to those willing to play the corporate game.

Opens one's eyes to the waste in the government
The company is big and provide multiple avenues for advancement
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXJanuary 5, 2016
The location of work can vary based on the customer you support.
Dealing with customers can be difficult at somethimes.
Pros
Learning and broadening experience
Cons
Work schedules can vary significantly
Productive and most understaning place to work
Engineering Technician Lead (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 3, 2016
Good company to work for. Fast past work environment, comfortable work environment, and great co workers. Most enjoyable part of the job is helping others and the hardest part of the job is babysitting employees when in a leadership position
Great opportunity
MATERIAL CONTROL SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 2, 2016
The company provides great opportunities to individuals that lack experience. With that being said, management does not always make decisions that are in the best interest of the company. Individuals that lack experience are placed in positions that should be held by more qualified individuals. The lack of management experience is causing the company to suffer. The company doesn't offer 401k and has high insurance plans. The benefit to the company is that is offered flex hours for work/ life balance.
Pros
flex hours
Cons
management is inexperience; favoritism
Exceptional and Professional Company
Deputy Division Manager / Project Manager (Former Employee) –  La Plata, MDDecember 25, 2015
I enjoyed working with SAIC's team of professionals as a manager. I was able to advance in my career and was happy in my work. I appreciated the opportunity to serve my country through SAIC, while working with some of the best and brightest individuals as co-workers, colleagues, and managers. The daily challenges were exciting and I felt that I was in a position to make a positive influence on others as a mentor and leader.
Pros
Career Advancement Opportunities
Cons
Major layoff of key management positions.
Good comany to work for
Webpage Designer and Computer Graphics Artist (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 20, 2015
I worked as a contractor and had little contact with people for SAIC. My direct SAIC manager was helpful and easy to work for.
Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCDecember 19, 2015
The job is an excellent place to work on skills and recieve OTJ for new services and hosted applications. The work is a contract job at Fort Bragg, NC. Every three years the contract is rebid on. The job security is a huge factor.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
contract rebids
Instructor
Army Battle Command System (ABCS) Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fort Gordon, GADecember 17, 2015
Taught officers on all aspects of training on the FBCB2 radio system and taught with others that made all of my time there worthwhile
Great Place to work.
Senior Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARDecember 15, 2015
Challenfing position, was tasked to do lots of specialized applications to facilitate the complex Chemical Disposal Systems. Worked on a digital telephone switch, and fiber connections
Well paid internship
Intern (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALDecember 15, 2015
While I didn't really learn anything during the internship I spent at SAIC I was able to cover my last semester at college from the wage I earned.
Pros
Free lunch, good pay
Cons
Not the most educational for an internship
Productive and fun
system administrator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 15, 2015
Great contract I spent about 4years learn a lot with the Military and working with the Fed Gov. my typical day at work was fun at times and challenging, management was great.
Pros
Working with Military
Cons
Traffic
Its not a bad place to work
System Administrator Senior/Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Redstone Arsenal, ALDecember 10, 2015
It is challenging work with allot of diversity in the company in vast area of expertise. Would like to have a much better insurance, 401K and leave increase
Pros
Good work
Cons
bad insueance, 401K
Advancement
MARSOC G-4 Fiscal / Budget Analyst (Current Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCDecember 9, 2015
The only reason advancement was negatively scored is due to our employment with SAIC residing under a Government Contract. The prices are firm fixed in the beginning resulting in little/no room for advancement/promotion. This was not a fault of SAIC, just a disadvantage of working as a Government Contractor.
Great Leading Edge Organization
Contract Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDDecember 7, 2015
SAIC is a large company growing and winning business one proposal at a time. Great company to really get involved in all aspects of the business.
Wonderful learning experience
Help desk for high level security networks (Current Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNDecember 7, 2015
A typical day at work includes Active Directory functions such as unlocking account and password resets, along with McAfee recovery, general browser troubleshooting, mapping network drives, software pushes and installs, software troubleshooting, ActiveX and ActivClient installs for Hybrid Token programming, email encryption and VMWare troubleshooting to name a few. Fast paced and demanding environment, knowledge filled and a great learning experience.
Hardest part of the job is learning the different software users use and the programs we use to help the customer on the go. Which is also a very good way to learn. The best past of the job is helping a customer resolve their problem and leaving them happy that you were able to fix the issue.
Pros
Fast paced learning
Cons
Time restraint to resolve customers issue