SAIC
1,085 reviews

SAIC Employee Reviews

Great Company
Policy Analyst (Former Employee), McLean, VAMay 22, 2015
SAIC is a highly respected Defense Contractor in the DC area. The experience and pay you receive here will be higher than other companies.
Project
Lead SharePoint Developer (Former Employee), DCMay 21, 2015
I am working as a SharePoint Developer on a project with the Department of Defense, Military Health
System. The specific project is a Dept. of Defense and Veterans Affairs join effort for software testing of electronic healthcare records systems under Internal SharePoint website.
Develop advanced custom applications and interfaces for SharePoint. Some assignments will require fully trusted code development in addition to out-of-the-box configuration via web browser and SharePoint Designer. Provide technical lead advice, oversight, and mentoring to client developers and Deloitte junior developers. Work with client business users to understand requirements as needed.
A very good place to work
Senior Reliability Engineer - SR OP SPE (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 20, 2015
A very good place to work with a great retirement program.
Very good interaction between employees and management with very good industrial education.
SAIC/SM&A
Graphic Production Lead (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMay 19, 2015
I was a consultant at SAIC for proposal graphic production in proposal graphics,word production for aerospace, defense industries and government.
RFPs are time sensitive so hours were long. I enjoyed this specialized field and after almost 10 years was recruited by SM&A who is the the world leader in the procurement industry.
US Army contractor employed by SAIC
Configuration Management Specialist (Current Employee), Redstone Arsenal, ALMay 18, 2015
My currently work location is on Redstone Arsenal. I am a part of the ITSS2 contract so I do not physically work at SAIC. I joined SAIC as part of a contract change. SAIC is a great company.
Big company that has improved over the last 10 years
Senior Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Stafford, VAMay 15, 2015
Very amenable to work and family life balance. Good employee resume/availability database system. Lots of opportunities.
Management who has my back, excellent bonus and salary increases.
Proprietary Information Manager (Current Employee), San DiegoMay 14, 2015
Pros: Not an 8 to 5 environment.
Cons: Stress
Arrive work knowing I have meaningful and necessary work to be performed to support both our customers and employees. Very stressful at times. Enjoy being tasked with functions and completing the work in a timely manner.
I trained soldiers on simulated war before they were deployed.
Simulation Support Technician (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYMay 6, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: Nepotism policy
I enjoyed working for SAIC. I was released from my contact with SAIC because of an anti-nepotism policy. I always exceeded expectations in my performance as an employee. SAIC is a great company to work for.
Productive work place
Oracle PL/SQL Developer (Current Employee), Oklahoma CityMay 4, 2015
After joining FAA I ave learned a lot that I can say I have grown up as an individual as well as Professional. My team was really helpful and I am glad that I got a very good team to work with.
So-so after 7 years service
Materials Engineer (Former Employee), Dahlgren, VAMay 2, 2015
About average for DC area defense contractors. Immediate supervisor was a good manager, but very poor leader of people. "I've got your back" is not in this company's vocabulary or culture, (and i have worked many other places.) I'm in it for the paycheck, sorry to say. That's why I'm here on this job board doing this writeup.
Management great
Operations Support Technician (Former Employee), Arlington, VAApril 30, 2015
Cons: Large percent of their job require Secret or higher clearance
Offer lots of free Certification prep courses. This really got me great reviews. I was able to master a lot of software. I was able to get my Oracle Certified Associate certification. Most of their positions require active Secret or Top Secret clearance. I could not advance in the company due to not having the clearance. They were not willing to pay for me to get the clearance so I could not advance in the company. I only had Public Trust Clearance.
Review
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Arlington, vaApril 27, 2015
I enjoyed my time at SAIC. I enjoyed the work location in Arlington. This was a great location to work, and the people were also nice.
Great opportunity as my first career job out of college.
Associate Geospatial Analyst (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 27, 2015
My time at SAIC was short but introduced me to the geospatial environment with team building exercises and an excellent work environment.
SAIC Rating
Project Analyst (Current Employee), North Charleston, SCApril 27, 2015
Enjoyed my job, but not the leadership/management. I have been at SAIC for 6 years, Not an easy place to advance in career path.
Good people
System Administrator, Server Management Section (Current Employee), Tampa, FLApril 27, 2015
I work in government contracting and the job security isn't what I would like however I love the people I work with and the management team is always willing to stand behind the employee.
SAIC has a large footprint in Charleston, SC. They take care of current employees.
Training Development Specialist III (Former Employee), Charleston, SCApril 24, 2015
SAIC is a good solid place to work. The focus is always on delivering what is expected and constantly improving processes.
Not a place to retire
WBT/CBT Integrator (Former Employee), Anniston, ALApril 22, 2015
If you are looking for practical government contracting experience, this is the place for you. The atmosphere is always strained and you must document every conversation and instruction because you will find that you have multiple layers of management who all seem to be in charge.
Enjoyable
Customer Service Manager/Logistics (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 21, 2015
Pros: Cafeteria and gym on campus
Cons: Job Security
Everyday was different and I enjoyed the dynamics of the job. I learned hands on international logistics.
The most enjoyable parts were some of the travel I experienced.

Co-workers were fun and everyone got along.
Shark Tank
Program Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 21, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits
Cons: Long hours
SAIC has long been known as a "shark tank" of sorts. In the early days of the company entrepreneurship was encouraged but at risk. Failure or even subpar performance was not tolerated and those that couldn't make the grade quickly found themselves on the outside looking in.

Typical work days were long. It was not unusual to be working 60 to 70 hours a week with no additional compensation.

People that worked there were dedicated professionals and enjoyable to work with.

Management has changed over the years but initially there was a great deal of favoritism afforded to certain people.

Best part of the job was the liberty to pursue interests and to create new business.
Overall great company
Senior Lead Marketing Analyst (Former Employee), Reston, VAApril 19, 2015
Worked for many great supervisors who seemed to care about their employees overall well being and took a keen interest on career growth.

1 2 3 4 5

About SAIC

SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches – Read more

SAIC Salaries