SAIC

SAIC Employer Reviews

High integrity organization
Network Engineer (Former Employee), Washington, DCNovember 3, 2014
SAIC is another government contractor that is well respected but has often been subjected to government investigations. The compensation is not the greatest but it's above average. The company prides itself over it's reputation and heritage (scientific), and majority of the staff are well educated and professional with the level of service they provide.
Software Engineer (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALNovember 3, 2014
Pros: great location
Cons: funds
Great place to work. Employee oriented. Great coworkers. Management could use improvement.
Systems Engineer, Leidos (Current Employee), Vienna, VANovember 3, 2014
Management is the absolute worst, does not care about their employees, only about the numbers in their paycheck.
Excellent team environment
Software Application Engineer/Project Manager (Current Employee), Lexington Park, MDNovember 2, 2014
A very strong emphasis on team work and collaboration among teams. They have a very strong emphasis on supporting the customer.

The biggest challenge was responding to rapidly changing requirements and tasking from the customer. In every instance the team was able to respond.

The best part of the work was the challenge of adapting to a changing environment.
Great colleagues, too much CEO turnover
HR (Former Employee), McLean, VAOctober 28, 2014
Pros: telework arrangements, depending on manager, very flexible
Cons: horrible medical/prescription plans, lacking stability, limited upward mobility due to dramatic cuts in personnel
While this is by far the best group of employees I've ever worked with, the executive leadership is very flavor-of-the-day. We've had excessive CEO turnover and have really underperformed.
Great place to work until the budget axe dropped
COMSEC Specialist/Info Security Analyst (Former Employee), Kennedy Space Center, FLOctober 27, 2014
Pros: flexible working hours
Cons: they didn't keep their promise, when the courted me for the job saying it was a 10 year contract, and i was axed due to budgets, in a little over two years, i wished i would have stayed in my old job!
One of the best jobs I ever had. I just wished I knew the job would end because of budget cuts. I could have stayed in my old job and been just fine. Now....10 months of being unemployed is...well...you know, tough to say the least.
Interesting place to work and get knowledge of weapons parts and assembly
Small Arms Repairer (Current Employee), Crane, INOctober 26, 2014
Pros: fun work enviroment
Cons: no room for advancement or raises, no job security
Receive weapons for particular job, we serialize them and check them in and make sure weapon count sheet is correct and then we begin the process of breaking down the gun and checking the parts and making sure parts that are still good can be reused. Then we begin the de-burring and cleaning and recoating the parts and getting them ready to reassemble – more... the guns, after they are reassembled we begin the pre fire testing to check the functionality of the weapons is correct and good. Then we will test fire all the weapons to complete the process and we will then clean the weapons and continue the process to check them in to supply and have the weapons shipped back out to the customer. – less
Worked with the best and brightest
Technical Analyst (Former Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 25, 2014
Pros: always busy
Cons: no cons
Nothing but praise for SAIC. Opportunities for advancemen. Working with some of the brightest on the war in terror from U.S. Cenral Command at McDill AFB in Tampa, FL
Fun and grat place to work
Electromechanical Technician High Power Microwave (Former Employee), New MexicoOctober 20, 2014
Great Benefits, management is great. Very good pay and room to to grow.
Good for DoD and Armed Forces Contracts
Program Manager (Former Employee), Lakewood, COOctober 19, 2014
Very large company. Has split in two recently. Once was employee owned and employees were in a better situation. Most everyone is very smart.
Excellent work environment.
Proposal Manager (Current Employee), Proposal ManagerOctober 19, 2014
The company provided an excellent work environment. They manage people for success.
Business Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee), McLean, VAOctober 18, 2014
Great place to work, good managers, good jobs and good co-workers.
SAIC/Leidos is a good company.
Senior Systems Engineer (Former Employee), McLean, VAOctober 15, 2014
SAIC recently split into two companies. SAIC and Leidos. Like all Defense contracting companies, the companies were impacted by large defense cuts.
SAIC is a very prestigious company to work with and gain more experience
Pressure Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 14, 2014
Pros: continued learning process while working.
Cons: sometimes job becomes boring and repetitious.
Working with highly skilled co-workers is challenging and educational.
SAIC was a fantastic employee owned company.
Senior Scientist/MASINT Analyst (Former Employee), McLean, VAOctober 14, 2014
Pros: great fellow employees!
Cons: skilled management was surpiringly lacking at all levels.
I gained an incredible array of knowledge and skills! Tuition reimbursement was very good and I was able to complete my doctorate.
Great Company
TECHNICAL WRITER/EDITING SPECIALIST V/ISO QA (Current Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 10, 2014
Govt contracting is not easy as every five years you have to win new contract. we are falling short of winning the new contract. we must look for jobs.
good hard working people
Sr. Capture Manager (Former Employee), McLean, VAOctober 8, 2014
company has had some struggles stabilizing after the split and re-organization.
Good company to work for. Very big despite splitting into two different companies recently.
SCCM Administrator (Former Employee), Battle Creek, MIOctober 4, 2014
I would recommend working for SAIC to anyone that asks. The only downside it that SAIC is so big that it sometimes fails in Job placement and advancement within.
Company does not provide clear strategy and leadership
Management Consulting Director (Current Employee), Virtual/telecommuteSeptember 30, 2014
Lack of vision and growth.
No Access to leadership.
lack of Accountability and responsibility
No commitment to commercial health solution
Lack of support by management
Environmental Scientist, Leidos (Former Employee), Bothell, WASeptember 27, 2014
Pros: decent benefits
Cons: not a long term job when starting in lower positions. not good for long term career.
There is a lack of support by management and the only way to get a significant raise is to be part of corporate management or to find a job elsewhere.

About SAIC

SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches – Read more