SAIC Employee Reviews

Found 1,218 reviews matching the search
Great company to work for
Senior Training Developer/Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fort Leonard Wood, MOJuly 13, 2016
I loved working for the company. great benefits and pay. They have numerous site across the country and world to look at for position opportunities.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Contract work
Great Company to Work For
Supply Chain Manager (Current Employee) –  Hanahan, SCJune 24, 2016
Growing company that is a pleasure to work with. Progressive management team with great vision.

Great team atmosphere and teamwork.
Pros
Flexibility, Benefits
Mediocre Management; Worth the Pay
CHCS Software Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAApril 30, 2016
When I worked for SAIC they paid well. Stock options earned me quite a bit of money. Great benefits. This was back in early 2000s. My site wasn't run well. Sometimes ridiculous management, some lazy co-workers.
Pros
Prestigious job, great pay.
Cons
Management unwilling to handle complaints-things never changed.
Great place to work!
Tech Ii (Former Employee) –  Bedford, INJanuary 2, 2017
Working at SAIC was a very rewarding. A typical day was very busy working in inventory and out on the floor. My co-workers were the best and the management was always there if you had any issues. It was more a family to me. I learned all about hardware and all products involved with the cable process. The hardest part of the job was actually nothing. There was some stress with getting the kits out with the right part numbers as fast as possible for fellow co-workers. The most enjoyable was the people I worked if. I retired and that's what I miss the most. And the extra money.
Pros
Cons
Insurance was high but I'm on Medicare now.
Productive work place with a more human feel.
Engineering Technician III (Current Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXJune 20, 2016
I know it's hard to claim, but there are few places that truly have that organic relationship between management and workers. SAIC happens to be one such place. At no time do the workers feel under appreciated. That being stated it should be pointed out that SAIC is in the same work category as Booze Allen, Harris, Lockheed Martin and other DOD contract companies. So if you don't care for uncertain futures or periodically searching for another place of employment, seems to happen every bid cycle. Avoid. However if none of that bothers you and you love the excitement of it all, SAIC is the place for you.
Pros
One of the best Health Savings Accounts out there.
Cons
limited advancement opportunities.
Great opportunity
MATERIAL CONTROL SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 2, 2016
The company provides great opportunities to individuals that lack experience. With that being said, management does not always make decisions that are in the best interest of the company. Individuals that lack experience are placed in positions that should be held by more qualified individuals. The lack of management experience is causing the company to suffer. The company doesn't offer 401k and has high insurance plans. The benefit to the company is that is offered flex hours for work/ life balance.
Pros
flex hours
Cons
management is inexperience; favoritism
Productive work environment
Policy Analyst V (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 29, 2016
Impressive group of management and co-worker professionals. Mature and dedicated workforce. Excellent in job matching applicants to customer needs.
Pros
Benefits package
Mixed Emotions
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  McLean, VADecember 6, 2016
Very organized company, well thought-out processes from the get-go starting with onboarding to the day you decide to depart.

Always worked dual roles, not acknowledge or compensated for the additional responsibilities for working simultaneously as project analyst or technical administrator for launching e-learning 'only paid to be an assistant'.
Cons
Underpaid - Lack of Promotion (No OT)
Great Mission, Support Cyber Training
Senior Cyber Operational Planner (Current Employee) –  Fort Belvoir, VADecember 19, 2016
A typical day would consist of checking for coordination emails, that set up meetings with cyber training range stake holders. I learned a new aspect of cyber, from the infrastructure ide where it is built versus conducting intelligence analysis on people using it. Co-workers were helpful if I asked, poor communication, original team kept to themselves. Mission continues to be executed. Hardest part was communicating with other contractors on the team. Most enjoyable part of the day and when I make progress on a task that has taken a long time to complete.
Downhill post IPO
Senior Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDOctober 12, 2015
SAIC was a wonderful place before they went public. When I left in 2012 they had degraded, though. Lots of typical corporate though processes had infiltrated the ranks of management to the detriment of the work environment. HR was difficult to navigate, benefits suffered, and I found myself surrounded by almost all inexperienced folks (read: cheap). I was told that "some turnover is good" and whenever I inquired to management about upward mobility I was put off. There are a lot of opportunities available there due to sheer company size, and like most places some branch offices/business units are better than others.
Pros
opportunities
Cons
corporate culture, advancement
Productive and open work place
Instructor/Writer (Current Employee) –  Fort Gordon, GAJanuary 11, 2017
Keep in mind, I have not been working here for very long yet.
They give you the freedom to improvise adapt and overcome challenges without micromanaging you and stifling your creativity. They encourage open minded free thinking employees to develop their ideas and see them implemented. Co-workers are all great. The Hardest part of the job is security. It is a contract, so it should be good for atleast 5 years. The most enjoyable part is doing what I love, teaching electronic warfare to the future Cyber Warriors.
N/a
Automation Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 20, 2016
Good management that cares about its employees. Many opportunities for career growth. Sometimes, due to a large company size it makes it difficult to communicate with the higher ups.
Experience Completely Dependent on Contract/Manager
Developer/Cyber Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCDecember 28, 2016
Good work life balance with a thoughtful manager. Engaging and challenging work with a number of clients across every major government agency.
Cons
Bad PM, Bad Experience
this is the most clique-ish company I ever worked for
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 2, 2016
Bad attitudes across the board - the benefits were good - there is no chance for advancement - the way to advance in this company is to leave and re-hire.
Great Place to Work
Logistics Analyst (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJanuary 28, 2016
The location of work can vary based on the customer you support.
There's plenty room for improvement and learn as long as you keep your self open.
Dealing with customers can be difficult at somethimes.
Great support from management even when they are outside of the state or country.
Pros
No Micro Managing
Cons
Benefits; layoffs
Good people
Maintenance Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCDecember 21, 2016
Good people who care about their employees at the local level. Not so much at the corporate level. Very little job security. The company training is extensive as far as annual security training, ethics training, Information Assurance training, etc.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
No security
Great experience, great job.
Geo-Spatial Signals Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHMarch 10, 2016
I don't have anything negative to say about SAIC (now Leidos for the Intelligence section). I enjoyed my job, the company and the customer we worked for.
Pros
Great pay, great benefits, great supervisors
Cons
Overseas
SAIC is a Great Place to work
Technical Team Lead/Senior Oracle DBA (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 20, 2016
I always feel proud of my job at SAIC because the DHS projects which I worked are mission critical and used to serve all 50 states individuals. These systems able to manage with high availability.
Daily Database routine tasks are streamlined for all the Enterprise level supported projects. All the environments with built in security which I worked I learned a lot and all stake holders and vendors always impressed by my contributions.Excellent co-workers and nice management. Career growth and learning and improve the skills it is a great place to work.
Pros
Projects with State of the Art Technologies and better experience
Line Leads and Management absent
Research Chemist / Research Scientist (Current Employee) –  Crane, INJanuary 16, 2017
Line leads (your boss) come and go due to getting government jobs or having jobs on base of their own. Each building on base treats contract employees differently. Contractors will always be treated like second class citizens on base. Some buildings treat them better than most. There are several buildings on base where contractors are treated like peasants.
Pros
Lab Environment
Cons
Second Class Citizens vs. Government Employees
productive
Engineering Technician II (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCOctober 13, 2016
work Monday threw Friday 8 hours days start early A.M. when I'm home I typically test equipment an build the system up before we send them out on road before we install them into vehicle's. I travel all over united states to different military bases. Typically about five to seven guys who go on the road. we make sure after we install the system into vehicles we make sure it is operational then we train an teach military guys that the system is up an running an answer any question that they have.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SAIC. Our community is ready to answer.