SAIC

SAIC Employer Reviews

Productive and energetic environment
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee), San Diego, CADecember 8, 2014
Pros: environment, benefits
Cons: stress level at month end and year end
A typical day in the Expense Report track was any where from8-12 hours. I worked independently, had a weekly deadline and developed strategies to complete my tasks efficiently. Management was always available for guidance and sight to any problems or issues. Co workers were always willing to assist is needed. It was a well knit group supportive of each other under a weekly stressful deadline. The hardest part of this job was the numbers of expense reports we received at month end with the same deadline. The easiest most enjoyable part of this position was the people I worked with and for.
Used to be a good place to work....
Systems Administrator (Current Employee), Reston, VADecember 3, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: management, lack of direction
SAIC was a good place to work and then the company split. Leidos has become a company consumed with the bottom dollar (as it should be), but takes the path for improvement that makes no sense.
not enjoy
Marketing Representative (Former Employee), mclean, vaDecember 2, 2014
did not care about the employees, just the bottom line. place needs an uplift and is top heavy.
Management was poor, more focused on time sold than on people supporting the company which is making the project a success
Information Technology Data Analyst & Sys Eng (Former Employee), Tampa, FLNovember 30, 2014
Pros: location was downtown tampa, easy commute
Cons: travel expenses form was easy to get approved
From 2007 - 2008 Task lead was in DC, and came down to the site once a month for "vacation" to see how things were going. A bunch of old guys were running the show and were doing their "thing" and there was no communication with us younger folks. Communication barrier and the "team" just fell apart. This effected the project's success and I left the project as it was a bitter and sour environment.
2003 - 2007 SAIC was a good time in Nebraska. Good family focused and fun times. Good DoD customer to work for, short commute, nice food court at the facility, and the work was very interesting to perform. Great experience.
Good work environment, talented individuals that make the job easy
Linguist/ course developer (Former Employee), Beavercreek, OHNovember 30, 2014
What I have learned teamwork and and sacrificed to get the work done on time, the management was great in managing the work schedule and providing the tools to make the tasks easy to tackle. the hardest part was to leave and not to have extension to the contract. the most enjoyable part is atmosphere and the work environment and the team
Great Learning Environment
AR Manager (Former Employee), San Diego, CANovember 26, 2014
Pros: training, experience, advancement
Cons: job security due to constant reorgs and financial uncertainty
Opportunities for training, great mentorship, and teaching environment
Good place to work, but very dependant on project work
Business Analyst/Project Mgr/Sr Technical Writer (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 21, 2014
Pros: occasional free lunches (during meetings), family type of group (we all know one another)
Cons: too dependant on project work
Management kept changing their minds on direction of the company. There was no real long-term plan for the next 5-10 years. Guess that's why our division was sold to the lowest bidder??

The company was way too tied to project work. My personal experience was that I had attended a week-long training class (mandatory by the company) that I almost was released for, because my billable hours were 0 for that week.

My co-workers made the job for me, as I was able to learn from them without hesitation.
Fast paced place to work
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee), Alexandria, VANovember 21, 2014
• Primary receptionist for a small office of 25 people. Answered phones, welcomed and received guests, customers, and vendors.
• Performed data entry; typed; prepared FedEx domestic and international air bills; filed; and performed other clerical duties as assigned.
• Managed the scheduling of conference space and effectively interacted with a variety of professional staff at all levels.
Excellent Total Rewards, Little Job Security
Geo-Location Operator (Former Employee), Augusta, GANovember 19, 2014
Pros: great pay & benefits, strong culture & community
Cons: low job secuirty, hard to grow/cross-train
Work hours vary depending on the position. Due to the nature of government contracting, there is less job security than in other industries, however, the pay is excellent. Co-workers were friendly and professional, and freely shared their expertise. Management communicated openly and was also professional and easy to get along with. The intelligence field is very tight-knit group, even in contracting, and it supports a very strong community and culture.

The most difficult part of my job was the long hours (10-12 hour shifts). SAIC stands above many other contracting organizations in that they truly put effort into rewarding their employees for their knowledge and skills. They also make every effort possible to keep you in the company when contracts end. The only negative I had was that there was little room for growing in my particular position even when I expressed interest in expanding my knowledge and skills.
Great company to work for
Recruiting Coordinator (Current Employee), McLean, VANovember 17, 2014
Pros: leadership
Challenging fast paced environment with high demand. Great Team and leadership. Great company to work for.
Innovative and challenging work enviornment
Senior Quality Engineer Lead (Current Employee), Houston TXNovember 12, 2014
Pros: very interesting projects
Cons: salary
Cordial work environment
Challenging work assignments
Great Management
Friendly Co-workers
Great Management
System Administrator/Database Instructor (Former Employee), Atlanta, Ga.November 4, 2014
Company is great to work for I would recommend people to them for jobs. I enjoy working for them.
Great company to work for
Geospatial Analyst (Former Employee), Chantilly, VANovember 3, 2014
I had a very good experience with SAIC. My husband is active duty military and SAIC was very accommodating. They were willing to push my start date back so i would not have to leave my family early.
High integrity organization
Network Engineer (Former Employee), Washington, DCNovember 3, 2014
SAIC is another government contractor that is well respected but has often been subjected to government investigations. The compensation is not the greatest but it's above average. The company prides itself over it's reputation and heritage (scientific), and majority of the staff are well educated and professional with the level of service they provide.
Software Engineer (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALNovember 3, 2014
Pros: great location
Cons: funds
Great place to work. Employee oriented. Great coworkers. Management could use improvement.
Systems Engineer, Leidos (Current Employee), Vienna, VANovember 3, 2014
Management is the absolute worst, does not care about their employees, only about the numbers in their paycheck.
Excellent team environment
Software Application Engineer/Project Manager (Current Employee), Lexington Park, MDNovember 2, 2014
A very strong emphasis on team work and collaboration among teams. They have a very strong emphasis on supporting the customer.

The biggest challenge was responding to rapidly changing requirements and tasking from the customer. In every instance the team was able to respond.

The best part of the work was the challenge of adapting to a changing environment.
Great colleagues, too much CEO turnover
HR (Former Employee), McLean, VAOctober 28, 2014
Pros: telework arrangements, depending on manager, very flexible
Cons: horrible medical/prescription plans, lacking stability, limited upward mobility due to dramatic cuts in personnel
While this is by far the best group of employees I've ever worked with, the executive leadership is very flavor-of-the-day. We've had excessive CEO turnover and have really underperformed.
Great place to work until the budget axe dropped
COMSEC Specialist/Info Security Analyst (Former Employee), Kennedy Space Center, FLOctober 27, 2014
Pros: flexible working hours
Cons: they didn't keep their promise, when the courted me for the job saying it was a 10 year contract, and i was axed due to budgets, in a little over two years, i wished i would have stayed in my old job!
One of the best jobs I ever had. I just wished I knew the job would end because of budget cuts. I could have stayed in my old job and been just fine. Now....10 months of being unemployed is...well...you know, tough to say the least.
Interesting place to work and get knowledge of weapons parts and assembly
Small Arms Repairer (Current Employee), Crane, INOctober 26, 2014
Pros: fun work enviroment
Cons: no room for advancement or raises, no job security
Receive weapons for particular job, we serialize them and check them in and make sure weapon count sheet is correct and then we begin the process of breaking down the gun and checking the parts and making sure parts that are still good can be reused. Then we begin the de-burring and cleaning and recoating the parts and getting them ready to reassemble the guns, after they are reassembled we begin the pre fire testing to check the functionality of the weapons is correct and good. Then we will test fire all the weapons to complete the process and we will then clean the weapons and continue the process to check them in to supply and have the weapons shipped back out to the customer.

About SAIC

SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches – Read more