SAIC
1,076 reviews

SAIC United States Employee Reviews

N/A
Coordinator of school (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 1, 2015
This is a great company to work for, lots of access to many educational outlets. Really enjoyed my time with SAIC and AIC.
An excellent company to work for
Site Supervisor and Systems Administrator (Former Employee), Guantanamo Bay Naval Base, CubaMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Recognition and rewards for above average performance
For a variety of reasons, SAIC is one of the very best companies I have ever worked for. They treat employee's well, and truly care about them. Benefits are better than average for a contracting company. They assist contract employee's when contracts expire, and are large enough to have many job opportunities worldwide, and strategic partnerships.
Management unsupportive
TACLAN Network Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 31, 2015
SAIC had a just get the job done attitude and compensation was low. Management turnover and personnel turnover was quite high
SAIC - great company
Force Protection Advisor (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALMarch 28, 2015
Pros: veteran friendly
I worked for SAIC overseas in combat zones. The business unit I worked for went to great lengths to take care of their overseas employees especially during times of hardships. I cannot stress how good this is as a company to do so for their most valuable asset: employees.
NMCI Analyst (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAMarch 26, 2015
Daily routine consist of checking the queue for Incident Tickets that are assigned to each tech. Going to the user's location to troubleshoot the issue. If I can resolve the user's technical issue, then I will update and close the Incident ticket.

Each day there a problem arises that is new and there isn't a document solution. That's when the challenge comes in to resolve and document the fix.

Management is as expected and so are my co-workers. I get along well with everyone and we share the load. The hardest part of the job is not being able to resolve an issue quickly. Sometimes parts need to be ordered or the user's in unavailable.

Most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new people and how they respond when I resolve their technical issues. My customers know me by name and we have a good rapport with one another.
N/A
Information Security Analyst (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Flexability
Cons: Healthcare
SAIC is a decent company to work for. I strongly feel any job is what you make it. A typical day at SAIC consist of teleconferences, and working to accomplish daily task.
Great relaxed Environment
Mechanical Engineer Intern (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 23, 2015
Pros: great hours, great people, great location
Cons: little room for advancement for me.
My experience at SAIC was a great experience. The atmosphere is very relaxed but work is expected to get done. The hours are very flexible as people arrive as early as 5 and as late as 10am. All supporting staff are great and work well together with no animosity between different job titles.
Decent company, but not like it used to be
Software Engineer (Current Employee), Charleston, SCMarch 19, 2015
Cons: healthcare
The company every years takes more and more benefits away from it's employees. It does very little to retain it's employees with the company. People are not motivated to continue work with the company. It's basically a large man power organization. Many of it's employee's skills need some work. With some effort, this company can be made better. However, the leadership does not give the impression that they care about employees.
Professional Development Manager (Former Employee), Anniston, ALMarch 18, 2015
Promoted and fulfilled a broad range of HR functions, including recruiting and training employees, overseeing disciplinary action and managing HR records, resolved conflicts and performed exit interviews.
 Conducts ongoing research, analysis, and reporting of leading edge, best practices, and benchmarking relating to initiatives. Serve as an expert and a resource to managers and employees. Establish and maintain on-going relationships with peers and partners in key organizations and companies
 Served as a liaison for continuing education, professional development, and career planning advisement.
 Assisted HR Manager with preliminary investigation of conflicts or difficulties encountered by departments and/or personnel affecting employer-employee relationships.
 Recommended solutions or refers employee problems and complaints to Chief HR Officer or other appropriate personnel; may facilitate and identify counseling referral assistance.
 Interpreted policies, procedures, and laws pertaining to employee relationships.
 Responded to inquiries about HR policies and procedures; recommend and implement changes to the meet needs of the firm.
 Reviewed with attorneys and directors employee issues and recommends corrective action as appropriate.
 Assisted contracted law firms with development of emergency response guidance for municipalities
 Prepared ad-hoc reports for members of the management team as it relates to employee data.
 Administered annual review program. Sets up the evaluations and evaluate-to-evaluator relationships. Coordinates the communication and overall schedule – more... for the annual performance evaluation and salary review cycle.
 Responded to evaluator questions about using the performance management application.
 Assisted managers on the value and importance of evaluations and how to best leverage evaluations and assess employees that are not meeting expectations.
 Ensured that performance evaluations have been completed and administered for every staff employee.
 Identified and recruiter primary and secondary instructors to meet the Performance Work Statement for the Center for Domestic Preparedness.
 Researches, develops and implements innovative tools and methods, identifies trends, and analyzes macro efficiency and effectiveness of executive communication and leadership development tools.
 Created flexible short- and long-term plans that optimize and align organization development, leadership development and executive communications processes to support changing organizational priorities. – less
Great group of people
UAS Subject Matter Expert (Current Employee), Washington, DCMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Exciting work
Cons: Communication and information flow is limited
The employees are outstanding and management staff are personable. Tasks are exciting and interesting but you must be a self-starter.
Great bunch of technicians
FIELD SERVICE ENGINEER III (Current Employee), North Charleston, SCMarch 16, 2015
.Starting out was a challenge until you came up to speed on the various MILSATCOM systems. A very dynamic and fast paced environment lot of different and interesting places came my way.
Enjoyed working for the NASA JSC customer.
Quality Assurance (QA) Analyst/Auditor/Tester (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 14, 2015
Pros: enjoyed working for the nasa jsc customer.
Cons: n/a
Enjoyed working for the NASA JSC customer.
Ability to complete tasks within a 40 hour work week created only normal stress and was a good place to work.
Benefits and pay were good.
Learning new tasks was enjoyable.
Great place to work, good employees
WMD Instructor (Former Employee), multiple locationsMarch 14, 2015
Pros: good pay, good hours
Cons: inconsistant scedule
Instructor for Law enforcement on Weapons of Mass Destruction detection, mitigation, sampling and decontamination.
Enjoyed the travel and was always learning more and more on the job.
Taking Technology and Processes to Next Level
Managing Consultant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 13, 2015
Pros: great group of people
Cons: subject to industry ups and downs, recession
Stellar knowledge base in OIl and Gas and Energy sector
Knows how to integrate technology solutions and marry such with Business Process management
Great place to work and no micro manager
C++ Developer (Current Employee), Middletown, RIMarch 13, 2015
Pros: flexible hours, decent benefit package, great people
Cons: contract work
this is a contractor position on the Newport Undersea Warfare Center (NUWC). Co-workers are great and helpful. The work on projects is unique and keep you interested. Once the contract is to end the management goes out of there way to find you more work.
Great company, great culture
Senior Geospatial Program Manager (Former Employee), MacDill AFB, FLMarch 12, 2015
Pros: very good 401k and a global footprint
Cons: not employee focused upon contract expiration
The management team were very professional and provided our employees all the tools and opportunities to excel in our positions. The hardest part of this job was delineating and understanding the nuances of the customer.
Good autonomy, sometimes forgotten
BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE ANALYST (Current Employee), Quantico, VAMarch 12, 2015
Take the good with the bad. SAIC was good about letting their contractors have a bit of autonomy working onsite. Trust was earned quickly and compensated appropriately. The bad part about that is not being a "squeaky wheel" - sometimes appropriate attention to matters was not readily available. On the whole, though, the good outweighed the bad. As far as co-workers go, I've never worked with a better, more intelligent group of people!
Great company
Collection Analyst (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALMarch 11, 2015
SAIC is a great company, although I have found it difficult to move up. Micromanaging has become the norm, so it can be a little hectic.
Great Company
Senior C4ISR Functional Analyst (Former Employee), Suffolk, VAMarch 11, 2015
Like ManTech, I only good things to say about SAIC. Specifically the staff in the Suffolk, VA office where I was employed out of. My manager was great and employees in the office and that I worked with at the customer site were the best I eve worked with.
Previous Review
Project Manager (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 11, 2015
I've reviewed SAIC previously, not sure why Indeed is requiring me to review again. Please see previous review.

Working with SAIC was fine for the first couple of years, Company split into two separate company's and it was a much different and difficult atmosphere after that

About SAIC

SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches – Read more

SAIC Salaries