SAIC Employee Reviews

Was a Great company!, No it is just a company...
System Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 3, 2017
I had a great time @ SAIC for over 20 years, I needed to change the focus of my career, I made the call to leave to find something new, looking away from the government sector, and more in the private sector. Working for government contracts is no longer what I am looking for in a professional career.
Pros
Good Opportunities, Large company ressources, International and most of the US. Job relocation possible.
Cons
Highly dependable on government contracts. Poor benefits. constant restructuring. weak stock
opportunities for job variety
Program Lead, Systems and Software Engineering (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 3, 2017
Over the years SAIC has afforded me many opportunities to grow and prosper. Leading technologies; high ethics; passionate people; loyal customers; good benefits.
Teammates were fun and hardworking.
Budget, Program and QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  SPAWAR and SAICNovember 2, 2017
Team culture kept every one aware of project status. Teammates were fun and hardworking. Management could have been more involved. Work/Life balance not so good.
Great company
Instructor/ Data Conversion Technician (Former Employee) –  Temple,TexasNovember 1, 2017
Company is very good. They have good benefits and really take care of its employees. Met a lot of good people within the company also. Management was very outstanding. Worked over in Kuwait with this company also, they were very good people.
Sr. Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 30, 2017
This is one of the few places where I actually got to work with my best friend, a fellow Marine that I had served in Iraq with. We succeeded within the Software Quality Assurance team after we left the Marines in 2004. Stayed with the company until I relocated. Great place with great managers.
Pros
Great Managers
Cons
Extremely stressful workplace with terrible management breathing down your neck, micromanaging and constant harrasment.
AR Closeout Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNOctober 29, 2017
Hands down the most stressful workplace I have ever worked for. The management is extremely discriminatory and relentless harassment. Upper management has been notified multiple times but nothing is ever done. Employees are subjected to micromanagement, humiliation, and harassment.
great working place
Financial Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAOctober 26, 2017
I really enjoy working at SAIC. I love the culture. I love the people. I love how everyone got along and everyone helped one another. It was a place where you felt good coming to work.
No thanks
Senior Occupational Safety Specialist (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDOctober 26, 2017
Poorly managed and definitely do not look out for their employees. I would not recommend. Managers stuck to themselves and were rarely friendly unless it benefited them.
Great Internship
Internship (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAOctober 25, 2017
I got to work as an intern for this company for a few months. They were able to show me the professional side of engineering while I was still in school. Had lots to offer.
Poor management decisions that do not value people.
Senior Program/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Baden-WürttembergOctober 25, 2017
The employees at the working level are excellent and collaborative. However, management decisions show little respect for employee contributions and hard work.
Pros
Challenging technical work for the military which is very rewarding.
Cons
Many are have low morale due to management actions that show little regard for employees.
overall balanced workload some days were very busy and other days were very slower.
Operator/ Help Desk Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 25, 2017
While working with SAIC I learned how to deal with different type of people from patient,impatient, ignorant,intelligent,humble boastful/prideful, thick accents to improper speaking individuals all in all I walked away better at communicating with people in general.
Pros
light workload, plenty free time, secret clearance
Cons
too much down time, disrespectful customers
Wonderful Summer Internship
Information Technology (ITO) Intern (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAOctober 25, 2017
I had a wonderful time working on many different projects in countless different areas. I was given real respobsibility as an intern where my opinion was truly considered. I also had the opportunity to travel and work flexible hours when needed.
Easy Going Atmosphere
Help Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNOctober 25, 2017
Great place to ease back into the workplace or work on your technical skills.Company offers several training options for improving and/or developing tech support skills.
Pros
Some positions allow teleworking
Cons
Some jobs have varying schedules
not too shabby
Technical Support I (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COOctober 24, 2017
They'll definitely low ball your compensation you by a lot. However the office I was in was all very friendly. Our manager and all my coworkers had a strong concept of work life balance.
Pros
hours
Cons
pay
Fun place to work
Jr. Digital Cartographer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLOctober 23, 2017
I enjoyed working with the people I worked in my section and the ability the company provided to learn new skills. I appreciated the ability to transfer within to the company for advancement.
Great company, great people
Technical Support II (Current Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNOctober 23, 2017
SAIC has a great culture and supportive of employees, employee families, and community. Positive and progressive environment. Positive management structure.
Excellent place to work
CAD Drafter/ Documentation Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 22, 2017
SAIC was a great place to work, there was always new and interesting to learn. Great supervisor, great group of people to work with and a job that I truly loved. Can't say enough good things about this job, wish I could have worked there for many more years.
Linux System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAOctober 20, 2017
Learned a lot from working at this company. Was able to move around to keep employed. Culture changed over the years as focus moved from production to integrity.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Fewer jobs
Productive and competitive work environment
Logistics Analyst Sr (Former Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXOctober 20, 2017
Balance work environment
Competitive work force with continuouse opportunities for advancement. Management personnel provides clear guidance and direction which creates a structured work site
Moving to Colorado not happy with company.
Technical Support II (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COOctober 20, 2017
I worked for SAIC in Virginia and enjoyed the honesty, loved my manager the 4 years I worked there. I moved out to Colorado and the management out here was very deceiving, backstabbing, untrustworthy, not willing to make improvement to the environment, and no loyalty to the employees. I was very disappointed at how the management is not honest with employees and is will to throw the employee under the bus. Was expecting to relocate and have the same kind of management here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SAIC. Our community is ready to answer.