SAIC Employee Reviews

Found 1,241 reviews matching the search
Training for first responders
Training Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Anniston, ALSeptember 26, 2016
I have worked here for four years and enjoy helping the training of our first responders in courses for terrorist attacks. You get to work in a unique environment.
Pros
hours and no weekend work
Cons
one of the worse in terms of health benefits and raises no opp to advance
Good organization
Systems Integration Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 14, 2016
Great benefits and wonderful leadership. Enjoyed visits from managers taking us to lunch and spending the time to get to know us. Very forward looking company. Hands off management style.
N/a
Automation Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 20, 2016
Good management that cares about its employees. Many opportunities for career growth. Sometimes, due to a large company size it makes it difficult to communicate with the higher ups.
Mixed Emotions
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  McLean, VADecember 6, 2016
Very organized company, well thought-out processes from the get-go starting with onboarding to the day you decide to depart.

Always worked dual roles, not acknowledge or compensated for the additional responsibilities for working simultaneously as project analyst or technical administrator for launching e-learning 'only paid to be an assistant'.
Cons
Underpaid - Lack of Promotion (No OT)
Getting better
Sr. Program Management Analyst/Project Control (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCJanuary 25, 2017
A lot has changed, but it is getting better after split. Quality of job really depends where you are in the company. Last position I had some great managers. I've worked in other locations where management was horrible.
Pros
Last position had some great managers
Cons
Hard to advance
Great employees. Smart people solving hard problems.
Human Resources Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAFebruary 18, 2017
SAIC/Leidos is a great company! The most enjoyable part of my job is the people. Working with wonderful, talented, hard-working HR professional is the best part of working at this company.
Pros
Flexibility. Great work/life balance. Ability to grow.
Easy going work environment
Senior Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Bedford, INAugust 21, 2016
Very relaxed work environment as long as day to day tasks are being completed. Benefits and compensation are very competitive. Co-works always willing to lend a hand in completing tasks as needed.
SAIC is a Great Place to work
Technical Team Lead/Senior Oracle DBA (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 20, 2016
I always feel proud of my job at SAIC because the DHS projects which I worked are mission critical and used to serve all 50 states individuals. These systems able to manage with high availability.
Daily Database routine tasks are streamlined for all the Enterprise level supported projects. All the environments with built in security which I worked I learned a lot and all stake holders and vendors always impressed by my contributions.Excellent co-workers and nice management. Career growth and learning and improve the skills it is a great place to work.
Pros
Projects with State of the Art Technologies and better experience
Just another Government Contractor
Geospatial Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHFebruary 9, 2017
The work SAIC has is excellent. However, the corporate culture is killing the doers in the company. They have lost the focus on the employees who provide the excellent products. SAIC can be summed up by: Great work with no reward.
Plenty of work, bad benefits
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 16, 2016
SAIC is prime on several contracts so it is easy to go to a different project if you wish, but for a company whose only product is it's people it really does not invest in its product. They cut benefits and then the following year sent out flyer bragging about record profits. That just has not sat well with many employees.
Pros
Plenty of work
Cons
Terrible benefits
Productive work environment
Accounts Receivable, Billing Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 31, 2017
Billing department was a fast paced environment with quite a bit of overtime. I learned to multitask and prioritize based on deadlines and invoice income. I enjoyed the team environment and the managers feedback when requested.
Pros
Team focused
Excellent environment and co-workers
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 15, 2016
Well managed company that develops personnel and rewards performance. Opportunities to move to other contracts or geographies.
Pros
Well managed, staff development, compensation, environment
Engineering Technician
Electro-Mechanical Technician (III) (Former Employee) –  Vista, CAOctober 11, 2016
Working in a small dynamic engineering team, we have set product goals to meet quarterly. I work closely with a group of engineers that are motivated and innovative, like me. The culture of the company is very cohesive. I have enjoyed working here with much gratitude, and I hope to accrue the same with a new company in the mid-west where my parents reside.
Good people
Maintenance Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCDecember 21, 2016
Good people who care about their employees at the local level. Not so much at the corporate level. Very little job security. The company training is extensive as far as annual security training, ethics training, Information Assurance training, etc.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
No security
Experience Completely Dependent on Contract/Manager
Developer/Cyber Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCDecember 28, 2016
Good work life balance with a thoughtful manager. Engaging and challenging work with a number of clients across every major government agency.
Cons
Bad PM, Bad Experience
Large Company
ADMIN OFFICER/PROJECT MANAGEMENT ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Pentagon, DCNovember 28, 2016
Large Company tough to fit into management perspective, not a great situation when it comes to re-deployment, pretty much on your own to find new job.
Interesting and challenging place to work
Technical Writer/Editing Specialist (Current Employee) –  N Charleston, SCJanuary 31, 2017
The company offers many challenges and opportunities. You get to work with specialists and engineers in high tech fields. There is potential travel opportunities with some jobs, which may take you to places you may have only dreamed of. Everyday you will learn something new about your job and/or the company. Everyone that I have worked with has made my experiences very enjoyable.
Pros
Most times, you will have a flexible work schedule.
Cons
NA
Contractor
Ground Communications Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CADecember 7, 2016
I enjoyed working for SAIC as a Contractor with the United States Marine Corps. The hours were great. The benefits were adequate. Pay was great. Not good enough for SoCal life but there's not much you can do when it comes to contracting.
Good company.
Safety Maintenance Engineer at Product Office (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALDecember 22, 2016
A 9 to 5 type job with 25% travel. I like the monthly lunch & learn sessions with bright co-workers. Management speaks of and leads by example to proper ethics and contractual obligations.
Pros
Lunch & learn
Cons
Travel procedure
IT Project Management
Project Management Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 7, 2016
Recently started to support a federal client. a lot of change in my team and a lot of new learning. Please go to SAIC.com to view the benefits package.. Good Luck

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SAIC. Our community is ready to answer.