SAIC Employer Reviews

Rewarding
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee), Kent, WAMarch 23, 2014
My day consisted of purchasing large volumes of hardware material and processing the invoices for payment. This was a government funded project and the team had a tight deadline for completing phases of the project.
During auditing time I would sit in the lab and count parts for inventory production.
I also supported the vice president of the program – more... with travel itineraries and expense reports. I worked with human resources for coordinating interviews and employee events. I was responsible for the site's emergency plan and created and implemented this plan successfully.
I worked mostly with senior buyers, vendors and engineers. – less
N/A
Cat II Arabic Linguist (Former Employee), Over seasMarch 22, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: they want you to believe that you have a job security with them, but it is not true at all.
Loyalty is a thing of the past with SAIC no matter how many years of service you work with them. They promise many things when you work with them especially at the language department but they will not comply.
JNMS Specialist I (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 20, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: no windows!
In the JNMS program, we had a small, but extraordinarily tight-knit crew of programmers that were a joy to work with. We were working on a military project that we were proud of, and we got the projects out on time and on-budget. Just a great place to work.
Purchasing
Associate Buyer (Former Employee), Fairfield, NJMarch 20, 2014
Purchase for different army base
complete paperwork for accounting
close and take care of issues
Good place
Production and Creative Manager (Current Employee), McLean, VAMarch 19, 2014
Benefits lacking. Separation has been difficult. Not a lot of room for advancement.
Poor management
Software Engineer (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALMarch 19, 2014
I've been working at SAIC for 11 years. The pro is that the company pays well and that's about it. The cons are many: terrible management for one thing. One manager I had created such a hostile work environment they let him go but only because I finally complained. They already had 2 complaints but because he performed well they kept him around. New – more... manager came along but they don't engage employees very much and typically are incompetent. Also, there is no job security. As soon as your project dries up you're on your own and no one cares. They will drop you like a 10 pound rock no matter how hard you work or how long you've been there. I haven't received a performance review in 2 years. On top of that it defrauded the City of New York for half a billion dollars. Google "CityTime SAIC". My advice: stay away from this company. – less
Unreal !!!
Staff Accountant (Former Employee), Reston, VAMarch 18, 2014
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
Excellent supervision and local corporate culture
System Analyst (Current Employee), O'Fallon, ILMarch 17, 2014
Pros: excellent supervision with transparency with current and future contract status.
Cons: dod contract work which means job security depends on dod budgetary contraints.
I enjoyed my time working for SAIC and am only ending the relationship due to current contract expiration. As permitted by future contracts depending on DoD funding, there were opportunities to advance and/or change contracts. However with shrinking DoD budgets, opportunities are dimished as is the case with all DoD contractors. The local corporate – more... culture was extremely professional with the focus on the customer. I definitely would work for SAIC again if the opportunity presented itself. – less
CREW Field Service Technician (Former Employee), Middle EastMarch 14, 2014
Pros: compensation/benefits
Cons: advancement
I can only speak on the management I work under. My management is predominantly mad up of the buddy system, which makes it difficult to voice a concern.
Awesome
Jr Software Engineer (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALMarch 12, 2014
Awesome job. Awesome project. Awesome people. Typical day was working at my desk/cubicle doing software development and extensive testing. Management was always open, easy to talk to, and very helpful.
Handled a myriad of HR related issues on a day-to-day basis.
Deputy HR Director (Former Employee), McLean, VAMarch 11, 2014
Pros: i truly enjoyed working with the senior managers wirhin my business unit.
Cons: the decline in employee morale as rumors intensified concerning the split of the company.
Prior to the launch of the IPO in 2007 SAIC was the darling of the contractors within the defense contracting industry. As an Employee Owned company the employees of SAIC were the envy of the industry.
I truly enjoyed working with my HR colleagues and the senior managers I supported.
I was involved in some very challenging and complex Employee Relations – more... issues that I managed to bring to resolution. – less
amazed at the variety of talent
Software Engineer (Former Employee), Tinton Falls, NJMarch 11, 2014
Pros: work environment
Cons: heavy travel
Either coding, testing or design
Learned my abiltity was extended for working there
A friend and mentor
Coworkers were friendly and helpful beyond expectations
Hardest part was learning all the new technology
Learning all the new technology
A very good company to work for
Sr. Application Engineer/EMS administrator (Former Employee), Washington, DCMarch 11, 2014
A very good company to work for. They pay well but require 100% return for the money, so this is a very productive even if a high-stress environment.
The corporate culture does not differ much from what there is at other American corporations, as this is defined by the cultural norms of the society.
However this Company, unlike many others, has a special – more... body overseeing the compliance with corporate ethics code. Which is very important in case of conflict.
Technically, the Company is at the forefront of modern technology, so to work there means to acquire an exposure to the most modern technologies. – less
Cutting Edge Technology in Air Force's Newest Mission
Cyber Branch Manager (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 3, 2014
Pros: exciting mission, highly competent co-workers, high level of responsibility
Cons: minimal work-life balance
The position was extremely unique by virtue of the diversity of day-to-day experiences associated with the management of support contractors providing highly technical Cyber Warfare support to the US Air Force and specialized elements within the Department of Defense. Position dictated proposal writing, creation of technical solutions, management of – more... 35-person Cyber Branch, customer interface, collaboration across corporation, financial execution including profit/loss, business development, and human resources management/recruiting. The best aspects of the job involved management of a highly technical, nascent mission area with some of the most technically astute Cyber Warfare engineers and operational support personnel in the US. The most difficult aspect of the job was the 70 to 80 hour work weeks whenever proposals had to be written. However, I am grateful for this opportunity to fully comprehend and execute all aspects of a commercial venture in a highly competitive environment. – less
Little Room for Advancement in Accounting Fields
Billing Analyst (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALMarch 2, 2014
Pros: friendly co-workers
Cons: poor benefits
Co-Workers- the employees at SAIC were overall very friendly and a pleasure to work with.

Management- Overall management in a select department needed improvement. Information was not passed on to employees efficiently, and work was not distributed fairly. There were also obvious favorites for a couple of managers.

Benefits- Overall benefits were – more... lacking. Healthcare benefits were significantly reduced and leave was lacking.

Advancement- There was not much room for advancement within the company for those seeking accounting related positions. – less
Excellent company
DTRA Liaison Officer to COCOM (Current Employee), Overseas locationMarch 1, 2014
Pros: stock bonus
Cons: travel, limits only to company prefer airline.
Benefits are good. Management staff cares for their people. I have been with this company for 14 years and hope to work for this company for 14 more.
Site Manager (Current Employee), Portsmouth, VAMarch 1, 2014
I've enjoyed working for SAIC/Leidos. I would recommend them as an employer.
Oooops... You've been laid off.
Senior Embedded Software Engineer (Former Employee), Redstone Arsenal, ALFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: great pay... until...
Cons: layoffs out of the blue.
The company is a body shop. They hire you, use you for as long as the current client has work for you then immediately lays you off. They talk about "redeployment" but it is a joke. You have no job security here whatsoever. SAIC bosses never communicate or associate with us - makes it easier for them to write the layoff memo they no is coming because – more... they never had any intention of keeping you long term (even though they said they did in the interview). – less
xx
Lead Software Engineer/Lead Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Vienna, VAFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: xx
Cons: xx
The engineers I've worked with are for the most part very talented.
Great supervisor, great company
Senior Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee), COFebruary 24, 2014
Great supervisor, great company, would work for this company anytime!

About SAIC

SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches – Read more