SAIC

1.1K reviews

SAIC Employee Reviews

Organized and a fun work place
Project Control Administrator (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 10, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours
Cons: Good benefits
Allow employees to work from home. You always know the goal the company is trying to reach. Once you know you job, usally management is never on your back. Not a stressful place to work.
good
Communications Lead Technician (Former Employee), Nellis AFB, NVJune 10, 2015
see resume for may anlysis please. I had excellent time working for them. I learned a lot.see resume for may anlysis please. I had excellent time working for them. I learned a lot.
Good vision towards advancing business
Lead Joint Interface Control Officer Green Flag (Former Employee), Las Vegas NevadaJune 10, 2015
Pros: Open managment dialog
Cons: work location can be anywhere based on contract
SAIC continually pushes forward to ensure that customer expectations are met and that all aspects of the job are completed to the customers wishes. I great place to work
Stagnant employment
Help Desk Support Associate (Current Employee), Oak Ridge, TNJune 8, 2015
Non-existent training, though management expectations do not reflect this. After several years there is still no movement or advancement.
Top-heavy management structure
Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Charleston, SCJune 8, 2015
Re-alignment of the company makes it difficult to manage people and projects. Top-heavy management eroding away employee pay and benefits. It is not the same company as designed by its founder. typical public-traded company held hostage by shareholder expectations of high returns.
Inteligent Workforce
Program Assistant (Former Employee), Washington, DC, San Diego, CaJune 5, 2015
Pros: Nice employees
Cons: the company has had a transition
As with most companies you must pursue your career objectives and work with leads and managers to reach your goals.
I had an opportunity to work for SAIC at Walter Reed Hospital, a high point of my career and an honor.
Great Technology Exposure
Manager, Software QA & Information Laboratory (Former Employee), Los Altos, CAJune 3, 2015
Pros: Chalenging Assignments
Cons: Not able to select my work choices.
I was responsible for developing the concept of an Information Laboratory where leading edge technologies were to be demonstrated in real-life situations; such as the Internet.

I had developed and maintained a software QA program. Developed QA plans and procedures for assuring quality during all phases of the software life cycle. Handled internal and external QA audits.

I was involved in the development, enhancement and maintenance of software used in nuclear power plant maintenance and engineering analysis; and for developing technical and user documentation.
Nice job for blue collar worker
Electronic Technician (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCJune 2, 2015
Great place for a hands on worker but not long term career oriented person. Would recommend if you don't mind long hours.
Not my intended employer
Systems Integration Analyst IV (Current Employee), Stafford, VAJune 2, 2015
When I initially transitioned from the Marine Corps, I was hired by a great company called Eagan, McAllister Associates, Inc. (EMA), which was later acquired by SAIC. The acquisition had its fits and starts, but most of the EMA employees also transitoned to SAIC. It became apparent, though, that SAIC corporate was more interested in the "bottom line" and not necessarily in maintaining/building an in-house resource of skilled, professional employees. While the benefits and work/life balance are good, job security is practically nonexistence - if your contract is coming to an end, you get a 30-day notice and little assistance with finding other internal job opportunities.
Teamwork
Desktop Support Technician III (Former Employee), Guantanamo bay, CubaJune 1, 2015
Pros: Teamwork, friendship, company support
Cons: Had to relocate
In all my years working in the private and public sector I have never worked for an company like SAIC. The time I spent working for SAIC was by far the best experience I've ever had. Our department worked as a team and we did everything to make sure that our customer received the best care possible. I never felt I was going to work, and I believe that was a good thing. Management was a key factor in the atmosphere and the culture.
Unstable as this is a government contractor
Systems Operations and Data Analyst (Former Employee), Seattle WAMay 27, 2015
Pros: good while you are working
Cons: Constantly has to rebid for same jobs
SAIC continually bids for short to medium term contracts tied to the government, or private sector companies that carry government contracts. The jobs differ greatly, and like any contract job is innately unstable.
Great Company
Policy Analyst (Former Employee), McLean, VAMay 22, 2015
SAIC is a highly respected Defense Contractor in the DC area. The experience and pay you receive here will be higher than other companies.
Project
Lead SharePoint Developer (Former Employee), DCMay 21, 2015
I am working as a SharePoint Developer on a project with the Department of Defense, Military Health
System. The specific project is a Dept. of Defense and Veterans Affairs join effort for software testing of electronic healthcare records systems under Internal SharePoint website.
Develop advanced custom applications and interfaces for SharePoint. Some assignments will require fully trusted code development in addition to out-of-the-box configuration via web browser and SharePoint Designer. Provide technical lead advice, oversight, and mentoring to client developers and Deloitte junior developers. Work with client business users to understand requirements as needed.
A very good place to work
Senior Reliability Engineer - SR OP SPE (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 20, 2015
A very good place to work with a great retirement program.
Very good interaction between employees and management with very good industrial education.
SAIC/SM&A
Graphic Production Lead (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMay 19, 2015
I was a consultant at SAIC for proposal graphic production in proposal graphics,word production for aerospace, defense industries and government.
RFPs are time sensitive so hours were long. I enjoyed this specialized field and after almost 10 years was recruited by SM&A who is the the world leader in the procurement industry.
US Army contractor employed by SAIC
Configuration Management Specialist (Current Employee), Redstone Arsenal, ALMay 18, 2015
My currently work location is on Redstone Arsenal. I am a part of the ITSS2 contract so I do not physically work at SAIC. I joined SAIC as part of a contract change. SAIC is a great company.
Big company that has improved over the last 10 years
Senior Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Stafford, VAMay 15, 2015
Very amenable to work and family life balance. Good employee resume/availability database system. Lots of opportunities.
Management who has my back, excellent bonus and salary increases.
Proprietary Information Manager (Current Employee), San DiegoMay 14, 2015
Pros: Not an 8 to 5 environment.
Cons: Stress
Arrive work knowing I have meaningful and necessary work to be performed to support both our customers and employees. Very stressful at times. Enjoy being tasked with functions and completing the work in a timely manner.
I trained soldiers on simulated war before they were deployed.
Simulation Support Technician (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYMay 6, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: Nepotism policy
I enjoyed working for SAIC. I was released from my contact with SAIC because of an anti-nepotism policy. I always exceeded expectations in my performance as an employee. SAIC is a great company to work for.
Productive work place
Oracle PL/SQL Developer (Current Employee), Oklahoma CityMay 4, 2015
After joining FAA I ave learned a lot that I can say I have grown up as an individual as well as Professional. My team was really helpful and I am glad that I got a very good team to work with.