SAIC Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,155 reviews matching the search
Great Place to work
Level III Queue Manager (Former Employee) –  Pentagon, Rosslyn, VA and Andrews AFBJune 22, 2015
Robust
Learned time management
Co-workers great to work with
Not anything hard about the job, had to maintain the level of customer request and make sure the customer received the best technical support to complete the job.
The enjoyable part of the job was leaving at the end of the day knowing you were successful satisfying the customer request.
Pros
Great Health Benefits
Cons
n/a
Worked as Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GASeptember 15, 2015
I enjoyed working with all the people at SAIC and felt like it was a good company. SAIC has good benefits, but used to be employee owned.
Great place to work but pay is not that great
Desktop Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCFebruary 1, 2016
I enjoyed working there. Management was very supportive and placed value on their employees. Only negative is the pay is not that good. Health care packages were good but I couldn't really afford to have a dependent because that would weigh heavy on my check.
Pros
Great work environment, good staff and manager, and job opportunities.
Cons
Pay rates are too low.
SAIC - is a great place to work
Senior Cyber Architect (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 25, 2016
SAIC provides a great stable work environment. At SAIC you will work with some of the brightest and smartest people in the whole country.

The hardest part of the job is when the client does not take your recommendations.

Best of part of job is that SAIC customers are world class.
Pros
Job mobility is great since SAIC is world wide, 401k 5% matching
Cons
Health Care for family of four out of pocket is about $15k
Good experience
Sept.2015 Multimedia Developer (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 29, 2016
My team was great, I learned a lot by working with closely with senior members of the team. Everyone was very supportive in terms of working together toward a common goal. Management was magnificent. I have no regrets about working for SAIC.
Contract work No Good!!!!!!
Remedy/ Specialist/Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCMay 16, 2016
Integrate MRAP vehicle Comm system and learning Remedy system .
Management sucks!
Great co-workers.
Nothing was hard about the job. Learning new things all the time.
Today you might have a job and the next day jobless.
I got paid very well.
Contract work.... NO GOOD!
Pros
Pay very well and learn new things. Never a dull job.
Cons
Work today and jobless the next day/ contract work.
Ok but not that great
Instructor, Defense Intelligence Agency (Former Employee) –  Stafford, VAMarch 25, 2016
I enjoyed working there but a sudden change of management revealed many problems and ignorance..

A lot of hard headedness and self glamorization mixed with insecurities on part of managers who are limited in their experience, made the program a major failure
Great company to work for
Environmental Health and Safety Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus/ Ft. Benning, GAJuly 14, 2015
SAIC's core values and ethics are very important. It is easy to move up in the company. During the contracting and bidding process, there is always the possibility of the company not being awarded the contract which could mean you will be out of a job.
Benefits
Cons
Budget cuts
Working Abroad
SAMS-1E Operator/Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  VirginiaApril 12, 2015
A typical day working overseas was rewarding knowing that each day that you were there was making a difference in support of the war. Team work; management and co-workers always was supportive and there to lend a helping hand.. The hardest part of working overseas is the living conditions. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that we were there to support the soldiers and save lives.
Pros
Benefits, People diversity, Travelling.
Cons
Short breaks, Being away from your family.
An internship here gives you a great prelude to coporate life
Unit lead Engineer (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 31, 2016
As an intern I learned new things in programming and self discipline in project progression and goal achievement. The pay was well above other interns and my mentor was by far the best I have had.
Pros
great place to get started in the coporate life and learn
Cons
hardly anything I can think of
Was there over 20 years and seen lots of changes.
Full Lifecycle Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNJuly 22, 2016
Large organization. Great co-workers. Had many opportunities while there. Work/life balance was very good. Management was changing when I was laid-off. The compensation/benefits were very good. In my time I saw a lot of manager turnover.
Pros
Great Flexibility and co-workers
One of the best work environment I been in
QC Technical Inspector (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 6, 2016
Get to work with US military on a day to day basis and help make their lives safer while in harms way. leadership is open minding and will to listen to anyone on the team. On a daily basis you will learn something new. This job is always evolving to support the customer. The only down fall I see right now is that it is and contact job.
Top-heavy management structure
Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJune 8, 2015
Re-alignment of the company makes it difficult to manage people and projects. Top-heavy management eroding away employee pay and benefits. It is not the same company as designed by its founder. typical public-traded company held hostage by shareholder expectations of high returns.
Mediocre Management; Worth the Pay
CHCS Software Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAApril 30, 2016
When I worked for SAIC they paid well. Stock options earned me quite a bit of money. Great benefits. This was back in early 2000s. My site wasn't run well. Sometimes ridiculous management, some lazy co-workers.
Pros
Prestigious job, great pay.
Cons
Management unwilling to handle complaints-things never changed.
The company is big and provide multiple avenues for advancement
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXJanuary 5, 2016
The location of work can vary based on the customer you support.
There's plenty room for improvement and learn as long as you keep your self open.
Dealing with customers can be difficult at somethimes.
Great support from management even when they are outside of the state or country.
Pros
Learning and broadening experience
Cons
Work schedules can vary significantly
Great Company
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 24, 2015
SAIC is a great company with a variety of interest in Science, Technology and Department of Defense. There is no typical day because we are always looking for new solutions for out customers. Management regularly keeps us abreast of all company happenings, internal website is very helpful IT department is very responsive to issues and we are provided all required tools to perform our tasks.
My coworkers are all hard working professionals who are proud to perform the very important and sometimes thankless work that we do.
The hardest part of the job is working with government personnel who may have the leeway to make efficient changes on their end.
The best part of the job is contributing to the success of our Armed Forces and the Department of Defense,
Pros
Long term contracts
Cons
Difficult to advance in new areas
Over all had a nice time working there.
Technician l (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAFebruary 17, 2016
Over all I had a nice experience. had good coworkers, they gave great Xmas parties, typical day was laid back. stress free atmosphere, could have interact with management a little more.
Pros
Fun place to work, nice staff
Cons
Make sure you get what they promise you up front.
Productive and fun workplace
Designer/CAD Operator I (Current Employee) –  Bedford, INJune 21, 2016
Co-workers are very knowledgeable and willing to help when it's needed. The things that I have learned here in only a year are unbelievable, like the many different projects that I have been able to work on and all of the new people that I have been able to meet.
Wonderful learning experience
Help desk for high level security networks (Current Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNDecember 7, 2015
A typical day at work includes Active Directory functions such as unlocking account and password resets, along with McAfee recovery, general browser troubleshooting, mapping network drives, software pushes and installs, software troubleshooting, ActiveX and ActivClient installs for Hybrid Token programming, email encryption and VMWare troubleshooting to name a few. Fast paced and demanding environment, knowledge filled and a great learning experience.
Hardest part of the job is learning the different software users use and the programs we use to help the customer on the go. Which is also a very good way to learn. The best past of the job is helping a customer resolve their problem and leaving them happy that you were able to fix the issue.
Pros
Fast paced learning
Cons
Time restraint to resolve customers issue
Excellent Total Rewards, Little Job Security
Geo-Location Operator (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GANovember 19, 2014
Work hours vary depending on the position. Due to the nature of government contracting, there is less job security than in other industries, however, the pay is excellent. Co-workers were friendly and professional, and freely shared their expertise. Management communicated openly and was also professional and easy to get along with. The intelligence field is very tight-knit group, even in contracting, and it supports a very strong community and culture.

The most difficult part of my job was the long hours (10-12 hour shifts). SAIC stands above many other contracting organizations in that they truly put effort into rewarding their employees for their knowledge and skills. They also make every effort possible to keep you in the company when contracts end. The only negative I had was that there was little room for growing in my particular position even when I expressed interest in expanding my knowledge and skills.
Pros
great pay & benefits, strong culture & community
Cons
low job secuirty, hard to grow/cross-train