SAIC Employee Reviews

Found 1,274 reviews matching the search
Comfortable work enviroment
Logistics Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJanuary 20, 2017
Management does not micromanage its employees. work 8 hour days repairing air conditioning equipment and other items. Hardest part of job was no job security.
Pros
paid vacation
Cons
job security
Great place, but...
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNMarch 11, 2017
Great place to work, very motivational and dedicated to employees. Unfortunately I was let go from the company after defending my son who was being cyber-bullied on social media. I gave 100% to this company, even to the point of being hospitalized due to work injury. I could have sought out Workers Comp but never did as I liked where I worked and enjoyed my job. I was never even given a chance to hear my side of what occurred regarding the social media incident which was done on personal my time. I was simply escorted out without being given a reason for being let go. Not a very professional way to treat a dedicated employee.
Pros
Company is very driven to keep employees happy and productive.
Cons
Not tolerant of issues outside of the workplace.
Good job
Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Crane, INMarch 14, 2017
Good company. Occasional bad management. Ten years there. Mostly good. Not much opportunity for advancement. Better place to work than some other contractors.
Mediocre Management; Worth the Pay
CHCS Software Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAApril 30, 2016
When I worked for SAIC they paid well. Stock options earned me quite a bit of money. Great benefits. This was back in early 2000s. My site wasn't run well. Sometimes ridiculous management, some lazy co-workers.
Pros
Prestigious job, great pay.
Cons
Management unwilling to handle complaints-things never changed.
Great employees. Smart people solving hard problems.
Human Resources Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAFebruary 18, 2017
SAIC/Leidos is a great company! The most enjoyable part of my job is the people. Working with wonderful, talented, hard-working HR professional is the best part of working at this company.
Pros
Flexibility. Great work/life balance. Ability to grow.
lack of leadership
Aviation Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCMarch 8, 2017
At the beginning I though this world be a great company to work for. Well I came to realize that they prefer individuals with digress and no experience over seasoned and more capable people with knowledge and experience perusing a degree. If your transitioning for the military or something of that nature this is not the place for you.
Pros
some good people
Cons
lack luster management
Interesting and challenging place to work
Technical Writer/Editing Specialist (Current Employee) –  N Charleston, SCJanuary 31, 2017
The company offers many challenges and opportunities. You get to work with specialists and engineers in high tech fields. There is potential travel opportunities with some jobs, which may take you to places you may have only dreamed of. Everyday you will learn something new about your job and/or the company. Everyone that I have worked with has made my experiences very enjoyable.
Pros
Most times, you will have a flexible work schedule.
Cons
NA
Productive work environment
Accounts Receivable, Billing Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 31, 2017
Billing department was a fast paced environment with quite a bit of overtime. I learned to multitask and prioritize based on deadlines and invoice income. I enjoyed the team environment and the managers feedback when requested.
Pros
Team focused
Great Mission, Support Cyber Training
Senior Cyber Operational Planner (Current Employee) –  Fort Belvoir, VADecember 19, 2016
A typical day would consist of checking for coordination emails, that set up meetings with cyber training range stake holders. I learned a new aspect of cyber, from the infrastructure ide where it is built versus conducting intelligence analysis on people using it. Co-workers were helpful if I asked, poor communication, original team kept to themselves. Mission continues to be executed. Hardest part was communicating with other contractors on the team. Most enjoyable part of the day and when I make progress on a task that has taken a long time to complete.
Mixed Emotions
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  McLean, VADecember 6, 2016
Very organized company, well thought-out processes from the get-go starting with onboarding to the day you decide to depart.

Always worked dual roles, not acknowledge or compensated for the additional responsibilities for working simultaneously as project analyst or technical administrator for launching e-learning 'only paid to be an assistant'.
Cons
Underpaid - Lack of Promotion (No OT)
Productive and open work place
Instructor/Writer (Current Employee) –  Fort Gordon, GAJanuary 11, 2017
Keep in mind, I have not been working here for very long yet.
They give you the freedom to improvise adapt and overcome challenges without micromanaging you and stifling your creativity. They encourage open minded free thinking employees to develop their ideas and see them implemented. Co-workers are all great. The Hardest part of the job is security. It is a contract, so it should be good for atleast 5 years. The most enjoyable part is doing what I love, teaching electronic warfare to the future Cyber Warriors.
Assist Marine Corps Forces Special Operations Command (MARSOC)
Assist Logistics Mgr. (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCMarch 8, 2017
Develop, implement and execute command policies, processes and procedures of transportation and logistics. Responsibilities include the following: assists command/unit G4/S4 with the development, implementation and execution of organizational level processes and procedures that comply with standard operating procedures for transportation
Pros
Great working relationship with the Marine Corps
Cons
They lost the contract to another company that under bid them.
Great company, poor program
Mammal Support III - Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Kings Bay, GAMarch 10, 2017
The workplace I was in was not at all a typical SAIC workplace. It was a contract on a military base outside in the elements, working with animals. My complaints of the company only come from their oversight on the management of their contractors as part of the program.
Pros
Good equipment
Cons
Poor lower management standards
Getting better
Sr. Program Management Analyst/Project Control (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCJanuary 25, 2017
A lot has changed, but it is getting better after split. Quality of job really depends where you are in the company. Last position I had some great managers. I've worked in other locations where management was horrible.
Pros
Last position had some great managers
Cons
Hard to advance
Productive work place with a more human feel.
Engineering Technician III (Current Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXJune 20, 2016
I know it's hard to claim, but there are few places that truly have that organic relationship between management and workers. SAIC happens to be one such place. At no time do the workers feel under appreciated. That being stated it should be pointed out that SAIC is in the same work category as Booze Allen, Harris, Lockheed Martin and other DOD contract companies. So if you don't care for uncertain futures or periodically searching for another place of employment, seems to happen every bid cycle. Avoid. However if none of that bothers you and you love the excitement of it all, SAIC is the place for you.
Pros
One of the best Health Savings Accounts out there.
Cons
limited advancement opportunities.
A professional company employing professional people.
Logistics Analyst I (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 29, 2017
For me SAIC was always an enjoyable place to work. The employees were skilled, professional, loyal and helpful. I gained much knowledge in my years there. The company was always prompt to process travel claims and paid very well depending on your abilities. I liked the range of employee experience, junior partners eager to learn and experienced employees willing to tutor the junior ones.
Pros
Christmas party
Cons
Job depending on award of government contracts.
Experience Completely Dependent on Contract/Manager
Developer/Cyber Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCDecember 28, 2016
Good work life balance with a thoughtful manager. Engaging and challenging work with a number of clients across every major government agency.
Cons
Bad PM, Bad Experience
Workplace
Subcontracts Administrator /Buyer (Former Employee) –  Abingdon, MDMarch 9, 2017
SAIC was a nice place to work, people were like Family. Everyone pulled together to get deadlines met within your department. It's like most big companies, you have ups and downs with employees/management; however, at the end of the day the job was done.
Pros
Co-workers were team players
Cons
Short staffed at times
Challenging workplace. Work is rewarding
Accounts Receivable Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDMarch 8, 2017
Typical day included invoicing, customer service, interaction with co-workers and coordination with adjoining departments. Higher level management excellent. Diligent work and independent research is required.
Pros
Rewarding work
Cons
Not everyone works at same pace
Worked in mostly high security areas, very difficult.
Sr. System Engineer/Sr. Analyst (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CO, Lisle. IllFebruary 27, 2017
Because of high security the environment is somewhat difficult. Restrictions for on duty and off duty hours. Some teammates are exceedingly difficult to work with because of multi-cultural demands as would be expected working in federal programs.
Pros
Solid, technical challenging work contributing to national security.
Cons
Multi-cultual considerations always detracted from work, Contracts were subject to presidential whims.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SAIC. Our community is ready to answer.