SAIC
1,033 reviews

SAIC Employer Reviews

Performed human factors analysis on manned ground vehicles (MGV) and systems affiliated with MGVs
HUMAN FACTORS ENGINEER (Former Employee), McLean, VAJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: saic was well established and provided me with all that was necessary to perform my work.
Cons: partnerships with a large aerospace industry like boeing was novel
From my office, I directed the Army's future combat systems research on human factors analysis on manned ground vehicles. Interviewed potential human factors engineers for their expertise and willingness to provide support. Attended meetings in and outside of the company. Formed a coalitions with other engineers who were contracted to work with SAIC and Boeing.
Good team collaboration
Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Capa Canaveral, FLJanuary 11, 2015
the day-to-day workers definitely took pride on their job, however, sometimes information flow-down from management was lacking.
Professional and Productive Work Place
Logistic Coordinator (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: everyone worked well together
Cons: i was a temporary employee
- typical day was working from 7:30am to 4:30pm. Checked email first thing. Went over all transportation requests for that day and double checked they were all on time and the unit had a representative as well. Made sure all supporting equipment was on stand by and ready to go. Update all transportation requests as they came through. Provided professional guidance to the units who had questions and the best way to go about their transportation requests. Update the Logistics manager daily with all requests.
- Management was a good team and we all worked well together and as a team.
- Co-workers we were just a big family and provided each other with professional guidance.
- Hardest part of the job was getting last minute transportation requests and jumping through hoops to make sure I was able to support the unit. You never say no when supporting a unit.
- The most enjoyable part was planning a movement and seeing it all come together and succeed without any flaws.
Productivity and mentorship
Program Management Support (Former Employee), 5111 Leesburg pike Falls Church, VA 22041January 3, 2015
Pros: wonderful enviroment and knowledge based
Cons: n/a
I am not in a position to rate at this time as my employment has been decreased substantially by the company.
Great place to work as employee-owner
Senior Consultant (Former Employee), Falls Church, VAJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: employee ownership
Cons: mostly government based project work
Best mix of science and technology as a vested employee owner; where each project brings renewed incentives to push the company forward.

Generally an exciting work environment with very smart employees and management throughout. Many opportunities to further your career within the company.
Great Flexible Work Schedule but not so great Management
Logistics Support Specialist (Former Employee), USADecember 29, 2014
Pros: flexible schedules
Cons: poor middle management, no career path
SAIC recently experienced some bad press due to embezzlement and negligence. Neither of these would have occurred if the management was more involved with its employees and internal processes.

Since then the company has split into two companies (SAIC and Leidos) and has begun the painful journey into becoming a Matrix organization. The problem is Management and HR are not typically located at the various work sites and/or satellite offices. This allows middle management to ignore corporate policy and establish a micro climate within each entity. The result of this is an often hostile work environment riddled with nepotism and under performance of management level individuals.

Because the jobs are dependent upon outside sponsors, there is little to no advancement opportunities unless you apply for a different position.

My experience working for SAIC was riddled with frustration and disbelief due to an inept middle management.
Doesnt empower management to stand up for employees
IT Infrastructure Program / Project Manager (Former Employee), Kansas City, MODecember 29, 2014
the management is disengaged or too engaged no middle ground for growth
very political inside
Productive and fun workplace
Sr. QA Analyst / Test Lead (Current Employee), nycDecember 25, 2014
A great place to come into work everyday. Employees work very hard but it is a fun and exciting environment to be a part of.
Great Company
Military Consultant (Former Employee), Augusta, GADecember 22, 2014
During my time with SAIC, I enjoyed the overall culture of the team I worked with and the companies ability to work with the employees. The customers were not enjoyable but the work flow and overall attitude was enjoyable. I wish they were able to maintain the contract with the government so I would of continued ti work with them.
SAIC-Logistics Analyst
Logistics Analyst I (Current Employee), Fort Bliss, TXDecember 17, 2014
Pros: repetative and i always know what must be done
Cons: no room for growth
A typical day at work for me is doing an inventory of critical parts which are hot items needed for every build on the MRAP. I will input and log in faulty parts and place them in their designated area. I will also create work orders for faulty cables as well as cables that need modifications per build. Work with outlook, microsoft word, excel, and SAMS-E. My most enjoyable part of my job is that I know what is expected of me daily and I do it.
Great Place to Work Prior to Split
GIS Specialist (Former Employee), Chantilly, VADecember 16, 2014
The division I was in prior to the split was well run, friendly, and efficient. After the split I'm no longer with the company, so I can't say how it is now.
Excellent team environment
Software Application Engineer/Task Manager (Current Employee), Lexington Park, MDDecember 14, 2014
Excellent working environment. Excellent team members. The teams I managed all worked on multiple tasks simultaneously.
Decent workplace
Network Support Analyst TNC (Current Employee), MacDill AFB, FLDecember 14, 2014
Good pay. Management could be better but overall not bad. Much better than the unemployment line
Mediocre work environment and highly stressful
Circuit Management Technician (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXDecember 10, 2014
Pros: paid vacations
Cons: high stress level and no recognition for work accomplished
Management and job compensation for the duties required were not as good as I thought they would be, Long hours and no credit for work done was the norm as supervisors and managers seemed ill equipped for positions they were responsible for.
Productive and energetic environment
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee), San Diego, CADecember 8, 2014
Pros: environment, benefits
Cons: stress level at month end and year end
A typical day in the Expense Report track was any where from8-12 hours. I worked independently, had a weekly deadline and developed strategies to complete my tasks efficiently. Management was always available for guidance and sight to any problems or issues. Co workers were always willing to assist is needed. It was a well knit group supportive of each other under a weekly stressful deadline. The hardest part of this job was the numbers of expense reports we received at month end with the same deadline. The easiest most enjoyable part of this position was the people I worked with and for.
Used to be a good place to work....
Systems Administrator (Current Employee), Reston, VADecember 3, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: management, lack of direction
SAIC was a good place to work and then the company split. Leidos has become a company consumed with the bottom dollar (as it should be), but takes the path for improvement that makes no sense.
not enjoy
Marketing Representative (Former Employee), mclean, vaDecember 2, 2014
did not care about the employees, just the bottom line. place needs an uplift and is top heavy.
Management was poor, more focused on time sold than on people supporting the company which is making the project a success
Information Technology Data Analyst & Sys Eng (Former Employee), Tampa, FLNovember 30, 2014
Pros: location was downtown tampa, easy commute
Cons: travel expenses form was easy to get approved
From 2007 - 2008 Task lead was in DC, and came down to the site once a month for "vacation" to see how things were going. A bunch of old guys were running the show and were doing their "thing" and there was no communication with us younger folks. Communication barrier and the "team" just fell apart. This effected the project's success and I left the project as it was a bitter and sour environment.
2003 - 2007 SAIC was a good time in Nebraska. Good family focused and fun times. Good DoD customer to work for, short commute, nice food court at the facility, and the work was very interesting to perform. Great experience.
Good work environment, talented individuals that make the job easy
Linguist/ course developer (Former Employee), Beavercreek, OHNovember 30, 2014
What I have learned teamwork and and sacrificed to get the work done on time, the management was great in managing the work schedule and providing the tools to make the tasks easy to tackle. the hardest part was to leave and not to have extension to the contract. the most enjoyable part is atmosphere and the work environment and the team
Great Learning Environment
AR Manager (Former Employee), San Diego, CANovember 26, 2014
Pros: training, experience, advancement
Cons: job security due to constant reorgs and financial uncertainty
Opportunities for training, great mentorship, and teaching environment

About SAIC

SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches – Read more

SAIC Salaries