SAIC Employee Reviews

Found 1,244 reviews matching the search
fun and productive place to work
Engineering Technician III (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 14, 2016
One phase was the integrating part of NIE, where we would install the systems into the military vehicles that were under test. The next phase was to test and validate these systems as well as educate the soldiers on this. Phase 3 is where we would conduct our field tests with the soldiers in complete control of the equipment but we were there for support when needed. The final phase was removing the installed equipment and get ready for the next install. I liked my position at SAIC because every few months there was a change of pace and shifted gears, keeping work interesting. There was always something to learn. Co- workers were easy to get along with. Management was caring, educated, and informative. I learned the contracting life, the systems introduced to the Army as well as the process that goes into NIE.
Pros
Pay, field exercises
Cons
contracting
Mediocre Management; Worth the Pay
CHCS Software Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAApril 30, 2016
When I worked for SAIC they paid well. Stock options earned me quite a bit of money. Great benefits. This was back in early 2000s. My site wasn't run well. Sometimes ridiculous management, some lazy co-workers.
Pros
Prestigious job, great pay.
Cons
Management unwilling to handle complaints-things never changed.
Initial Review
CYBER SECURITY ANALYST PRINCIPAL (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCNovember 7, 2016
Good company to work for. Managers take care of their people. Great opportunities for networking within and outside of the company. Lots of opportunities to change work locations to move around.
Pros
Number of days of leave
Cons
Limited opportunities for training
productive
Engineering Technician II (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCOctober 13, 2016
work Monday threw Friday 8 hours days start early A.M. when I'm home I typically test equipment an build the system up before we send them out on road before we install them into vehicle's. I travel all over united states to different military bases. Typically about five to seven guys who go on the road. we make sure after we install the system into vehicles we make sure it is operational then we train an teach military guys that the system is up an running an answer any question that they have.
I would remain at SAIC, but the contract is ending.
Engineering Tech IV (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 3, 2016
SAIC is a good company to work for. I worked the NIE program and feel that the management could of cared for it's people(employee a bit more).
Pros
A sense of pride on helping to keep our solders safe.
Cons
I had to take in too much exhausts and couldn't get moved.
Try not to get caught up in the who's who drama because for some reason the charleston branch is full of bull shitters
Logistics (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJuly 23, 2016
Great contractor company to get your feet wet in. Poor management at 1602. Fun people to work around but upper management they all are friends and if your not in the CLICK you get walked on. It's hard to advance unless you know someone.
Pros
They teach you
Cons
Poor management
Very cut throat environment to go after gov. contracts.
Divisional CTO (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 4, 2016
Proposal writing
Did not learn much
Middle management mediocre
Co-workers were harassed
Hardest part of job was repeating some managers
Most enjoyable part of job was problem solving with co-workers
Pros
Technically challenging
Cons
Misleading clients
Professional atmosphere
Communications Principal (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAFebruary 5, 2017
Highly skilled and professional co-workers, collegial atmosphere, helpful and supportive. Pay is adequate. Health care costs increasing rapidly. Sufficient vacation/sick leave. No severance pay, no pension.
Pros
Co-workers are helpful and professional
Cons
Always walking a tightrope working from contract to contract.
SAIC - is a great place to work
Senior Cyber Architect (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 25, 2016
SAIC provides a great stable work environment. At SAIC you will work with some of the brightest and smartest people in the whole country.

The hardest part of the job is when the client does not take your recommendations.

Best of part of job is that SAIC customers are world class.
Pros
Job mobility is great since SAIC is world wide, 401k 5% matching
Cons
Health Care for family of four out of pocket is about $15k
n/a
Cyber Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, AL 35803July 26, 2016
Cyber analyst
learned IA tools
Management hard to get support
Co-workers are great
Hardest part of the work is communication
once the assigned task assigned is complete
Pros
itsajob
Cons
managers have a hard time communicating
Its a good job but boring
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNJanuary 18, 2017
It's an easy job but be prepared for boredom. You will spend alot of your day reading a book or whatnot which gets old fast. if you want a mindless job its great but if you need to feel like you work for your paycheck then this is not the job for you.
Very Good Company... for a Contractor
Counter-IED/Electronic Warfare Opss Integrator (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 2, 2016
I was lucky enough to work for SAIC on the same contract for 5+ years. The pay was excellent and the travel was exhaustive at times, but rewarding. If I could, I would stay with SAIC but our contract was not renewed and the Company does not have any positions open for my skill set.
They will train fresh out of school
Drafter/Designer (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCNovember 19, 2016
A place to help young people grow. Once you go through schooling and have degree, it's hard to advance. Then you have to look for work elsewhere.
Pros
Working with military
Cons
Restructuring business
Great opportunity
MATERIAL CONTROL SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 2, 2016
The company provides great opportunities to individuals that lack experience. With that being said, management does not always make decisions that are in the best interest of the company. Individuals that lack experience are placed in positions that should be held by more qualified individuals. The lack of management experience is causing the company to suffer. The company doesn't offer 401k and has high insurance plans. The benefit to the company is that is offered flex hours for work/ life balance.
Pros
flex hours
Cons
management is inexperience; favoritism
Every job has a rewarding outcome!
Technical Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCDecember 13, 2016
Good place to work but contract work only. The return feedback for your work is rewarding from the clients. Each individual plays a role in a much bigger picture than they realize when lives are saved.
Pros
Individual pay increase based on your own meritis.
Cons
contract work
Productive and Evolving work spcae. Always learning something new
Administrative Assistant/ Resource Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYJuly 13, 2016
A work day was always filled with something new. From preparing for a class to being out on the range. I learned a lot about self motivation and resiliency. Along with hosting classes I had my own personal duties consisting of ordering supplies, organizing my co workers schedules, accompanying the managers for meeting. My managers where very kind and had a vast knowledge base if I ever had any questions. There was nothing really to hard about working there. We worked as a team and someone was always able and willing to help the next person. I really enjoyed the fact that everyday was different and that we worked so closely with or customers.
Pros
Got out the office often, meeting new people, consistly learning new things
Cons
overtime was unavalible
No recent information
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSDecember 20, 2016
For some reason Indeed is making me review this company, which I worked for over 20 years ago. Back then it was a good company, however I have absolutely zero knowledge of how they are now.
productive and fun
Mobile and Remote Access Technician (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 19, 2017
great job good people, love assisting people and learning new IT things everyday. Also looking to advance in the company by looking at different IT aspects i can get into.
Great company to work for
Senior Training Developer/Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fort Leonard Wood, MOJuly 13, 2016
I loved working for the company. great benefits and pay. They have numerous site across the country and world to look at for position opportunities.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Contract work
Configuration-Data Management (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 8, 2017
Flexible work hours
Great co-workers from all over the world. Everyone is helpful and considerate.
They really try to find positions for you if coverage runs out.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Alot of contract work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SAIC. Our community is ready to answer.