SAIC Employee Reviews

not too shabby
Technical Support I (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COOctober 24, 2017
They'll definitely low ball your compensation you by a lot. However the office I was in was all very friendly. Our manager and all my coworkers had a strong concept of work life balance.
Pros
hours
Cons
pay
Fun place to work
Jr. Digital Cartographer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLOctober 23, 2017
I enjoyed working with the people I worked in my section and the ability the company provided to learn new skills. I appreciated the ability to transfer within to the company for advancement.
Great company, great people
Technical Support II (Current Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNOctober 23, 2017
SAIC has a great culture and supportive of employees, employee families, and community. Positive and progressive environment. Positive management structure.
Excellent place to work
CAD Drafter/ Documentation Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 22, 2017
SAIC was a great place to work, there was always new and interesting to learn. Great supervisor, great group of people to work with and a job that I truly loved. Can't say enough good things about this job, wish I could have worked there for many more years.
Linux System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAOctober 20, 2017
Learned a lot from working at this company. Was able to move around to keep employed. Culture changed over the years as focus moved from production to integrity.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Fewer jobs
Productive and competitive work environment
Logistics Analyst Sr (Former Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXOctober 20, 2017
Balance work environment
Competitive work force with continuouse opportunities for advancement. Management personnel provides clear guidance and direction which creates a structured work site
Moving to Colorado not happy with company.
Technical Support II (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COOctober 20, 2017
I worked for SAIC in Virginia and enjoyed the honesty, loved my manager the 4 years I worked there. I moved out to Colorado and the management out here was very deceiving, backstabbing, untrustworthy, not willing to make improvement to the environment, and no loyalty to the employees. I was very disappointed at how the management is not honest with employees and is will to throw the employee under the bus. Was expecting to relocate and have the same kind of management here.
Awesome
SENIOR TRAINING ANALYST/SHAREPOINT ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  Quantico, VAOctober 19, 2017
Great place to work with great co-workers. * hours per day. Only negative is on my particular contract they didn't match my 401K contribution. Would recommend working here for anyone looking for a job. The salary is very competitive with the industry.
Pros
Very Independant
Cons
Non-matching 401K
Saic
SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDOctober 19, 2017
Great place to work! Loved management--loved how they promoted from within! This was a contractual assignment and by the end of it I made a decision to move to another state. They even tried to assist with a transfer position even though it was unavailable at the time. LOVED working for this company!
Pros
Great work environment, fun coworkers
Cons
Contractual assignment
Average government contractor company
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  AlabamaOctober 18, 2017
Work is hectic, but challenging. High cost for benefits, but there are a few like flex time that helps offset the overall impact. For a company that centers around government contracts, it does well for attracting and maintaining a revenue stream. Unfortunately, the hard workers get over used and burned out which results in a low retention rate for quality talent. Upward mobility in the company is questionable, but job security is easy to maintain if you continue to perform at or above average.
Pros
Flex time, opportunities for young talent to start in a large company
Cons
High cost for benefits, poor strategy for employee retention
A great company - worked for them on 2 continents
Systems Integration Manager (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, NEOctober 18, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed working for SAIC in both England and Nebraska. The salary was way too low, which is why I left the company after 4 years. However, the task and contract leadership was good as was their established processes/procedures - which made the work less stressful.
Pros
Working at customer sites did not have the level corporate oversite I would have liked.
Great work environment in a relaxed warehouse
Transportation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 16, 2017
Working in the warehouse in an office environment where you provide transportation guidance and documents for movement of tires and goods to military units globally.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Little chance for advancement locally
would not recommend
Systems Engineer/Integration Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 16, 2017
There is not much to say about this company. Standard show up, do some work, get paid type of culture. Did not have opportunities for advancement personally or professionally.
Good company to work for.
IT Lead/Manager - DDI Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 16, 2017
Good company to work for. Only complaint is the quality of the health insurance plan.

Health insurance is not as good as it could be. This is the change that most employees would like to see. Insurance is more of a major medical style rather than an HMO. High deductible before so the majority of costs come out of your pocket.
Overall satisfied
Data Collection Team Lead (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAOctober 15, 2017
I really enjoyed working at SAIC. I had a good benefits, before they split to SAIC and Leidos. They paid for some classed that I was taking at school.
workplace
Senior Signals Curriculum Developer (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 15, 2017
Most of my comments are based off of the program manager that we had on the job, not the company. culture was horrible with long working days for week
Pros
location
Cons
program manager
Above average company with good people
Cyber Intelligence Analyst, Principal (Current Employee) –  Ft. Meade, MDOctober 14, 2017
Quality company to work for with some good contracts in the cyber space. Annual pay raises and award of restricted stock units plus excellent PTO if you are in the right benefits package. People are well educated and good at their jobs and typically tend to stay at the company longer than other companies in this space.
okay company to work for
Executive Assistant to VP of Business Development (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 12, 2017
just as any business and job goes; you have your good and bad days. I did enjoy what i did; however there were times i did not enjoy it under certain conditions.
Balanced Work Environment
Contracts Manager (Former Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VAOctober 12, 2017
SAIC has gone through many changes since I was employed. At the time I was there the culture was supportive and good working environment. Opportunity for career advancement was available.
Good working culture. Nice people
Senior oracle consultant (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 11, 2017
Good working culture. Management is helping and supporting. They have work sites at various us locations.Provides decent hikes. I would recommend this company to all.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SAIC. Our community is ready to answer.