SAIC Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,137 reviews matching the search
Somewhere to start
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 20, 2016
You are just another number.

Opportunities for advancement and limited to those willing to play the corporate game.

Opens one's eyes to the waste in the government
Great Place to work.
Senior Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARDecember 15, 2015
Challenfing position, was tasked to do lots of specialized applications to facilitate the complex Chemical Disposal Systems. Worked on a digital telephone switch, and fiber connections
Established company but its having its growing pains since the company split
Configuration Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  San DiegoSeptember 30, 2015
Good company but Just went through a company re-organization prior to me getting hired on, I see some happy people and not so happy people. for me...so far so good.
Pros
good benifits, 9/80 work week
Cons
no office space for off site employees to come to
Changed Workplace no more harmony
SAAS (Former Employee) –  KuwaitOctober 17, 2015
The company is a good company but the people were not always the best to work with. The previous company was bought by SAIC and the management that took over made sure the staff felt like the domestic help. You could feel the tension between management and the staff.
Cons
Cars taken away
Well paid internship
Intern (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALDecember 15, 2015
While I didn't really learn anything during the internship I spent at SAIC I was able to cover my last semester at college from the wage I earned.
Pros
Free lunch, good pay
Cons
Not the most educational for an internship
I work with a good group of people.
Remote Pilot Operator (RPO) (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 1, 2016
The contract has been inconsistent due to budget but getting better. Looking for a second part time job to cover all my expenses.
Flexability in career paths - strong commitment to the US Military
EMA/AMSEC - Quality Engineer /Platform Manager (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCAugust 28, 2015
I started as a Technical Writer, evolved into QA and then some management positions. I even was allowed a brief opportunity to contribute as a mechanical assembler in Afghanistan.
Our company mission was to support the US war-fighter.
Pros
great benefits and flexable working hours as necessary
Cons
projects were subjet to governemnt contracting and, thus, not very dependable
Very professional; very intellectual people work here. Are known as one of the top engineering firms in the country.
Senior Geologist, Leidos (Current Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TennesseeAugust 25, 2015
Extremely professional place to work; the majority of the employees are self-starters who have a tendency to "take ownership" of the work. The Company is a Government contractor. The division I work in performs environmental work. I am primarily a field person. I typically perform oversight of drilling and monitoring well installation.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
A lot of out-of-town traveling
It is okay
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDOctober 15, 2015
It was a sub-contractor position. I find my coworkers are friendly and helpful. The time is flexible and there was no micro-management. However, job security was not good, especially for contractors. And they may not allow their employee/manager to give you reference when the contract ended.
Overseas work enjoyed working with the soldiers
Parts Clerk/Billeting Coordinator (Former Employee) –  AfghanstainAugust 24, 2015
Working in a warehouse getting parts for the soliders of there vehicle
so they could go out and do there mission. I enjoyed working with all the different co-workers I meet from different countries. one of the hardest part of the job wa being away from your family for a long periods of time. And the most enjoyable was I got to see and travel to a lot of different countries and cities and to meet a lot of new peoples.
Pros
Travels, great pay
Cons
Being in a wartime situation
Productive and Fun Place to Work
Sr. Circuit Provisioning Analyst (Team Lead) (Current Employee) –  McLean, VASeptember 10, 2015
There is growth potential within the SAIC organization in which they encourage. The most enjoyable part of the job is working alongside my colleagues and learning from each other. We are definitly a team atomosphere.
Pros
Quartly lunches from the managment staff
Cons
Need more expansive healthcare options
Cutting edge research
MASCOM Senior intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAOctober 14, 2015
Identifying numerous emerging technologies in a classified environment, and how they can benefit the war fighter. Translating highly technical scientific research into tools that assist the US in reaching our strategic goals.
Saic
Tier II Technical Support (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAOctober 7, 2015
I work at one of the sub contraction locations of SAIC for the DoS. So, I really don't interact within the SAIC environment. However, every time I go to headquarters I always feel like it would be a nice and fun place to work at just because of how productive and kind the people are.
Great Place to Work
associate (Former Employee) –  NCJanuary 21, 2016
A great place to work with great benefits and work life balance. Management is some of the best in the business. It is amazing!
Pros
All of it
Good comany to work for
Webpage Designer and Computer Graphics Artist (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 20, 2015
I worked as a contractor and had little contact with people for SAIC. My direct SAIC manager was helpful and easy to work for.
I give SAIC a 90% rating but its spin-off somewhere around 65%
Sr. Cyber Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ridgecrest, CA and Colorado Springs.August 12, 2015
SAIC is a very good company.

However it split into two companies about 3 yrs ago, the other being Leidos. As with spin-off during an economic downturn a great deal of pressure was put on producing /billable employees. Leidos went to ITIL services and that forced extra weekly time on employees to provide what used to be supplied by non-billable employees. That was a great extra burden. It appeared to many of us that we billable employees existed to make life easier for the non-billable regardless of how much unbillable time we had to put in to satisfy the service requirements.
Pros
really good but expensive benies. Really interesting but technically challenging.
Cons
Many services shifted to employees and some elements of poor managemt.
Great Leading Edge Organization
Contract Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDDecember 7, 2015
SAIC is a large company growing and winning business one proposal at a time. Great company to really get involved in all aspects of the business.
Instructor
Army Battle Command System (ABCS) Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fort Gordon, GADecember 17, 2015
Taught officers on all aspects of training on the FBCB2 radio system and taught with others that made all of my time there worthwhile
Excellent Company to work for with challenging opportunities for career advancement
Senior Engineer Program Analyst/Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Waimea, HiAugust 7, 2015
Management from the bottom up with lots of encouragement for all employees to participate in all aspects of the job. Provided opportunities to advance ones education and career within the company.
Pros
excellent pay and benefits
Cons
focused of defense contracts that had a short life span
Outstanding
Logistics Analyst III (Current Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXJanuary 22, 2016
Best company I have ever worked in, I enjoy the culture this company has created. very proffesional and very motivating