SAIC

SAIC Employer Reviews

Contract
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), KuwaitMay 5, 2014
Pros: salary
Cons: unfair
Long days 6 days a week as a contractor in the middle east: did not follow all of the country"s labor laws
Management had their favorites and allowed family members to be directly in chain of command
Variety of jobs: scanning, data retention, light programing-loved it
Graphic Designer (Former Employee), Picatinny Arsenal, NJMay 2, 2014
Pros: the atmosphere and chance to learn
Cons: honestly-there were no cons to this job.
Wide variety. I was a "plug" of sorts. Whatever anyone in the office didn't know, I was tasked to research and learn any new programs. Coworkers were wonderful, mature, honest and always willing to go the extra mile for the company. Everything was enjoyable about the job. I was treated with respect and allowed and encouraged to make suggestions.
Hardest – more... part of job was saying goodbye to it. They closed the office and we all went our ways but still keep in touch. – less
High volume Military scheduling
Receptionist (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLMay 2, 2014
Pros: onsite hospital
Cons: enjoying the experienced
Responsible for scheduling appointments, contacting physicians, sending prescriptions to pharmacies, and directing high volume of calls on 20-lines telephone switchboard.
Benefits are lacking
Airborne System Operator (Current Employee), AfghanistanMay 2, 2014
Go somewhere else the benefits are not on par with similar companies.
GREAT COMPANY
GCCS-J Hardware/Software System Administrator (Former Employee), OKINAWA, JAPANApril 28, 2014
The Best IT company I have ever had. Many opportunities for advancement. Yearly salary increases. Friendly and courteous co- workers. Outstanding managerial support.
interesting to work for
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Kandahar, AfghanistanApril 25, 2014
Hands down, the best job/company that I have ever worked for, Highly recommended. I was employed with SAIC in another country and was well taken care of, Hopefully able to return to the company here in the states.....No Complaints
Good company
Senior Intelligence Trainer/ Systems Maintainer (Current Employee), Ft. Hood, TexasApril 24, 2014
Pros: good benefit package
Cons: 401k matching is not ideal.
SAIC split into two companies in August 2013 the majority of all DOD contracts went to new company called Leidos. Leidos is a mirror image of SAIC. All the same benifits as SAIC. Overall the company is a good company to work for. As with any job you get some supervisors that you wonder how that got that position. It is what it is.
Fair
Analyst (Former Employee), Alexandria/DeployedApril 24, 2014
Pros: good salary, benefits, job security
Cons: very large company, hard to gain recognition
A large company, I think it depends on which office you are at and the people you are working with that will influence your judgement of the work environment.
great company to work for
Senior Consultant (Current Employee), Washington, DCApril 23, 2014
Create company to work for.
I am currently working for SAIC over 5 years but I am from Georgia and I like to find a job now closer to my home to be with my family.
See resume
CAD Drafter III Primary (Current Employee), North Charleston, ScApril 23, 2014
This was a great place to work. I enjoyed working there. I was able to apply my skills and earn a living.
Mission Oriented
INTEGRATION TEAM LEAD (Current Employee), Fort Bliss, TXApril 21, 2014
The good thing about this company is that the management is mission oriented. They tend to forget about the employees from time to time.
Great experience
Material Handler (Former Employee), AfghanistanApril 21, 2014
Pros: paid vacations
Cons: temporary job that could end at any time
My day at work was exciting. I was able to work around the Marines and people of other nationalities. I learn so much about the military life. My co-workers were fun to be around and management was great. The most enjoyable part of my job was to be able to help the war fighters.
The team I worked with was Awesome
Desktop Engineer - The Air Force 844 Comm. Squad (Current Employee), Arlington, VAApril 18, 2014
The various contracts with the Air Force were for the most part part of the same team. The latest contract ended, and although I was extended for multiple months after the new contract was awarded, I am not working with many of the team members I have known for almost a decade. the breakup of this team was very disappointing, and I would gladly work – more... with any of my former colleagues. While the work was sometimes extremely daunting, knowing you had a team that had your back, and knowing we had a customer that we all were proud to support, made the job very satisfying. – less
Excellent company to work for.
Technical Support Agent (Current Employee), San Diego, CAApril 18, 2014
Company provides many opportunities for promotion. Many education opportunities and many personnel with expertise willing to share their knowledge.
I truly enjoyed my over five years working for SAIC.
Program Manager / Senior Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Sterling heights, MIApril 17, 2014
Pros: flexibility, excellent reach-back capability, knowledgeable and helpful co-workers.
Cons: job security (as discussed above)
I was given the freedom to complete my required responsibilities as I saw fit. Management had an open door policy and were always helpful when I needed advice or other assistance. As with all defense contractors, job security was always a concern but they were always straightforward with me and told it like it was.
Good wok/life environment
VMware Administrator (Current Employee), Orlando, FLApril 17, 2014
SAIC is a good company to work for. It has a good work and life balance.
Good Company to work for
Engineering Technician (Current Employee), Twentynine Palms Ca.April 16, 2014
SAIC is a great company to work for. They have awesome management.
Summary
System Administrator (Former Employee), Tampa, FLApril 14, 2014
A typical work day alway chalenging with lost of project. With this job I have learned to teach more and guide co-workers in the right direction.
Great people to work for.
Sr Systems Avionic/Electrical Engineer (Former Employee), Tinker AFB, Oklahoma City, OKApril 13, 2014
Great people to work for. They would help you however they could.
decent benefits, good salary, management no so great
Special Actions Personnel Security Specialist IV (Current Employee), springfield, vaApril 13, 2014
Pros: salary
Cons: bad management
okay overall - The pay is good -- medical benefits have declined over the past year---management not so great

About SAIC

SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches – Read more