SAIC

1.1K reviews

SAIC Employee Reviews

So-so after 7 years service
Materials Engineer (Former Employee), Dahlgren, VAMay 2, 2015
About average for DC area defense contractors. Immediate supervisor was a good manager, but very poor leader of people. "I've got your back" is not in this company's vocabulary or culture, (and i have worked many other places.) I'm in it for the paycheck, sorry to say. That's why I'm here on this job board doing this writeup.
Management great
Operations Support Technician (Former Employee), Arlington, VAApril 30, 2015
Cons: Large percent of their job require Secret or higher clearance
Offer lots of free Certification prep courses. This really got me great reviews. I was able to master a lot of software. I was able to get my Oracle Certified Associate certification. Most of their positions require active Secret or Top Secret clearance. I could not advance in the company due to not having the clearance. They were not willing to pay for me to get the clearance so I could not advance in the company. I only had Public Trust Clearance.
Review
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Arlington, vaApril 27, 2015
I enjoyed my time at SAIC. I enjoyed the work location in Arlington. This was a great location to work, and the people were also nice.
Great opportunity as my first career job out of college.
Associate Geospatial Analyst (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 27, 2015
My time at SAIC was short but introduced me to the geospatial environment with team building exercises and an excellent work environment.
SAIC Rating
Project Analyst (Current Employee), North Charleston, SCApril 27, 2015
Enjoyed my job, but not the leadership/management. I have been at SAIC for 6 years, Not an easy place to advance in career path.
Good people
System Administrator, Server Management Section (Current Employee), Tampa, FLApril 27, 2015
I work in government contracting and the job security isn't what I would like however I love the people I work with and the management team is always willing to stand behind the employee.
SAIC has a large footprint in Charleston, SC. They take care of current employees.
Training Development Specialist III (Former Employee), Charleston, SCApril 24, 2015
SAIC is a good solid place to work. The focus is always on delivering what is expected and constantly improving processes.
Not a place to retire
WBT/CBT Integrator (Former Employee), Anniston, ALApril 22, 2015
If you are looking for practical government contracting experience, this is the place for you. The atmosphere is always strained and you must document every conversation and instruction because you will find that you have multiple layers of management who all seem to be in charge.
Enjoyable
Customer Service Manager/Logistics (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 21, 2015
Pros: Cafeteria and gym on campus
Cons: Job Security
Everyday was different and I enjoyed the dynamics of the job. I learned hands on international logistics.
The most enjoyable parts were some of the travel I experienced.

Co-workers were fun and everyone got along.
Shark Tank
Program Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 21, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits
Cons: Long hours
SAIC has long been known as a "shark tank" of sorts. In the early days of the company entrepreneurship was encouraged but at risk. Failure or even subpar performance was not tolerated and those that couldn't make the grade quickly found themselves on the outside looking in.

Typical work days were long. It was not unusual to be working 60 to 70 hours a week with no additional compensation.

People that worked there were dedicated professionals and enjoyable to work with.

Management has changed over the years but initially there was a great deal of favoritism afforded to certain people.

Best part of the job was the liberty to pursue interests and to create new business.
Overall great company
Senior Lead Marketing Analyst (Former Employee), Reston, VAApril 19, 2015
Worked for many great supervisors who seemed to care about their employees overall well being and took a keen interest on career growth.
High Energy Test Engineer (Former Employee), Vista, CAApril 17, 2015
Strong organization with great people. Core values are excellent. Encourage thinking outside the box. Opportunity for growth within the company.
PERFECT
Information Security Analyst (Former Employee), Charleston, SCApril 13, 2015
Pros: Large
Cons: Limited in SC
I have worked many years off and on with this company. They are the best of the best. Clients, customers, teams everything is proper and complete. Would work with them again any day
Organized and professional
Applications Developer (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 12, 2015
Pros: Had my own office, worked independently
Cons: When company split, Employees working mostly overhead were let go (2013)
A degree of independence/freedom in development.
Worked closely with clients (within the company).
Management was involved in the decision making processes.
Most work was done on a single project at a time, and required informal progress reports.
Working Abroad
SAMS-1E Operator/Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), VirginiaApril 12, 2015
Pros: Benefits, People diversity, Travelling.
Cons: Short breaks, Being away from your family.
A typical day working overseas was rewarding knowing that each day that you were there was making a difference in support of the war. Team work; management and co-workers always was supportive and there to lend a helping hand.. The hardest part of working overseas is the living conditions. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that we were there to support the soldiers and save lives.
Notable Medium-Sized Company with Interesting and Important Projects, Intelligent Easygoing People, and Rational Even-handed Management
Web Application Developer (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 9, 2015
Pros: Casual Dress-code, Free Espresso, Occasional Recognition Luncheons
Cons: Only 40hrs of work typically approved per wk if hrly although work weight could perceivably exceed, Overtime-exempt status doesn't seem common, Compensation not exactly competitive
Notable medium-sized company with interesting and important projects, intelligent easygoing people, and rational even-handed management.

Casual dress-code, free espresso, occasional recognition luncheons.

Only 40hrs of work typically approved per week if hourly although weight of work could perceivably exceed, overtime-exempt status doesn't seem common; compensation not exactly competitive.

Only 40hrs of work typically approved per/wk if hrly although weight of work could perceivably exceed, Overtime-exempt status doesn't seem common, Compensation not exactly competitive.
Contracts
Logistics Specialist (Current Employee), North Charleston, SCApril 9, 2015
Pros: opportunity
Cons: funding
Opportunities to experience and work on different contracts,sometimes it can be hard not knowing when funding is gone but on the most parts managers are looking for work on your behalf
Good company to work for, Potential for growth.
Program Security Officer (Former Employee), Arlington, VAApril 3, 2015
Pros: Work, Co-Workers, Managers, and Customer were Great to Work with.
Cons: Too much work for one person.
A typical day at SAIC would be checking emails and responding to messages or requests for information, checking JPAS and ACAVS for clearance updates, meeting with program managers and staff to update clearance statuses, send VARs and prepare courier orders, prepare nomination packages for adjudicative review and clearance determinations. The hardest part of this job was having too many contracts to manage with no support from management. I enjoyed the work, my co-workers, and the managers, but needed an assistant to help with the workload.
Not Available, Not Available, Not Available
Special Operations Officer (Former Employee), VirginiaApril 2, 2015
Pros: Quality Leadership, Progession
Cons: Company went public with its stock
Not Available, Not Available, Not Available,Not Available, Not Available, Not Available,Not Available, Not Available, Not Available,Not Available, Not Available, Not Available
Great place to start your career
Geospatial Analyst (Former Employee), Chantilly, VAApril 1, 2015
Leidos was a split-off from SAIC, so the SAIC today is all commercial work rather than government contracts. There lots of jobs in different fields at this company.