SAIC
1,078 reviews

SAIC United States Employee Reviews

Casual work environment. Good place for younger employee's just starting out.
Technical Trainer / Systems Administrator (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: causal, relaxed work atmospshere
Cons: management are typically entry-level
I was with SAIC for just a year as a contractor. I thought the place would be a good place to start for young college grads looking to get their start but I'm in mid-career so I did not see much future there. I will admit tough, that they are a good spring board into any level you are in your career but I had heard several times that salaries are low as compared to industry standards.
All around nice place to work.
Economist (Former Employee), Germantown, MDFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: ability to work with professionals from a wide range of disciplines.
Cons: work can be subject to political forces beyond the companies control.
A very positive company that values their employees. Their is a very strict commitment to ethics and workplace safety.
Amazing work environment
Material Expeditor (Current Employee), Charleston, SCFebruary 7, 2015
I love St. Andrew's Church. Lovely people that really care about you, both in the way they speak to you and in the way they treat you.
Government contractor
Technical Writer (Former Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 7, 2015
This organization has a broad scope of influence in the region, but seemed stove-piped internally and lacked a sense of team building or concern about employees.
Enjoyed working for SAIC
IT Consultant - Pfizer Pharmaceuticals (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 6, 2015
Overall I enjoyed my time at SAIC, they were very flexible in allowing me the option of remote work, at a time when that was just beginning to be an acceptable practice in the workplace.

You success there is driven by the projects you are placed on, and you need to network to ensure that you remain employed.
Solid company
Clinical Program Administrator (Former Employee), Bethesda, MDFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: busy, dynamic, colleagues, work ethic in organization
Cons: politics
Catch up with all team members on status
Catch up with status of work initiatives
Tackle to do list

Hardest part of job is catching folks in such a busy dynamic work place to move forward with tasks at hand

Most enjoyable is to work with such intelligent humble people who are interested in putting the patient first.
Everyone worked as a team
Coordinator/Joint Logistic Integration (Former Employee), CAFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: management courses on line by saic university (free)
Cons: working 12-14 hours a day, seven days aweek
SAIC is a outstanding company to be employed. A company that takes interest and care of employees.Everyone worked as team. The hardest part of the job was working under combat conditions at times. One of the most enjoyable part of the job, knowing we helped our Military in a combat zone.
Customer Site
Theater Cybersecurity Policy Analyst (Current Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 6, 2015
40 hr standard work week, Overseas travel is required to support customer loactions. The best part of this position is the customer and the mission I support.
Very rewarding and enriching multi cultural enviroment.
Senior Engineering Technician (Project Lead) (Former Employee), Bloomfield,IndFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: to be able to work with this company was a blessing.
Cons: not being able to do more.
There are not any typical days with SAIC which for me made them the best company to work for.We built prototype equipment for all branches of the military.I was able to travel worldwide and work with fantastic people.My co workers were some of the most dedicated people i have ever had the opportunity to work with,which was an easy task since all of our work was dedicated to the war fighters in all the world.The hardest part of my job was being limited to what i could accomplish due to truly not enough hours in a day.The most enjoyable part of my job was the knowledge that the equipment we were sending out would save someones life or multiple lives.
Stable place of employment
Senior Engineering Technician (Current Employee), Crane, INFebruary 2, 2015
This job is rewarding in the sense that the end product in which we provide is useful and meaningful to a host of end users.
Hours are great
inventory management (Current Employee), Havelock, NCFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: great hours
Cons: n/a
SAIC has great hours for working moms and dads. Weekends off.
Your day starts at 7:00 am and you are off at 3:30 pm. My co-workers were great to work with. .
Challenging and rewarding
Sales Manager (Current Employee), South Eastern United StatesJanuary 31, 2015
A company that champions a genuine team environment with unsurpassed professionalism. Opportunities for career development are well supported.
Working to secure our country.
USARC Tier 1 Service Desk Team Lead (Former Employee), Broomfield, COJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: i really enjoyed the daily conversations with our military personnel
Cons: the drive to and from work on the boulder turnpike was not fun.
My time spent working for SAIC in Broomfield Colorado was wonderful. I was able to develop better trouble shooting skills. I enjoyed working with our United States Army Reserve. We were able to assist in the daily operation of the security of our nation.
Management and Work/Life Balance
Editing Specialist IV (Former Employee), Falls Church, VA and Alexandria, VAJanuary 30, 2015
Management at both SAIC and LEIDOS have been very accommodating in allowing employees to work a schedule which does not interfere with family. As a parent of a special needs child, this was an area of great concern when I accepted my position with SAIC and subsequently LEIDOS. Telework and flex-time work hours allowed my to maintain my career and also be available to attend school meetings and medical appointment when necessary.
12 hr days
Network Support Specialist (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: 7 days off in a row
Cons: 7 12 hr days
I worked 12 hr days, 7 days a week. the time that I was off, I would have to be available to work. the only good things about he job was the amount of things that I learned, the people that I worked with, and the 7 days off. the hardest part of the job was the 12 hr days. they were long and hard.
Principal Software Developer (Current Employee), Alexandria, VaJanuary 25, 2015
Good organization to work for. I have learned how to work in a big project environment
IT Server development and Infrastructure support for Software Developers
full time employee (Current Employee), Vienna, VirginiaJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: technical expertise
Cons: poor management.
I build and maintain Linux servers, storage arrays and firewalls. Currently over 40 servers to
include Oracle Database servers with attached iSCSI storage arrays, and several VPNs and firewalls.

I've also build an enterprise level licensed VMWARE infrastructure
now running over 60 virtual machines.

We have an excellent good group of developers and analysts
within this section of the company. But, through funding cuts the whole project, software we've developed and server infrastructure will most likely get scrapped.
This lost of expertise is the direct result of poor management from the mid level to the top of the organization.
N/A
Imagery Analyst (Former Employee), Hurlburt Field, FLJanuary 23, 2015
Monitored and exploited near-real time Full Motion Video (FMV) using DGS exploitation software to conduct initial phase analytical reporting and product development in support of Special Operation Forces (SOF) deployed around the world. Provided IMINT/SIGINT/All-Source fused intelligence data from multiple ISR platforms and National Technical Means (NTM). Responsible and accountable for all aspects of Processing Exploitation and Dissemination (PED) to include the following full-motion video exploitations techniques: time sensitive targeting, force protection, physical damage assessment, combat identification, combat search and rescue, intelligence preparation of the battle space, mapping, and situational monitoring. Performed Instructor Rated Operator (IRO) duties; trained assigned unit members in the duties and functions associated with multi-intelligence Processing Exploitation and Dissemination (PED) activities.
challenging, always a lot to learn, excellent pay
Radio Wireless Circuit Analyst, (Former Employee), Washington DCJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: bonus provided
Cons: i was on a contract position with wasn't renewed.
Ordering circuits for customers, interacting with a customer within and outside of the US.
I've learned so much at this company and classes, training provided is really too much to list.
Management was great.
I enjoyed my job there was nothing difficult or hard about the job.
Going to work to interact with my team members and customers.
College Internship
General Property Intern (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJanuary 21, 2015
This was one of my favorite jobs while in school. It helped me grow in my field.

About SAIC

SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches – Read more

SAIC Salaries