SAIC
1,086 reviews

SAIC Employee Reviews

This was a great opportunity to grow and develop
Web Designer (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: excellent cafeteria, excellent health benefits, excellent work environment
Cons: having my job position disappear when they stopped doing commercial web design
This was a job where I had to hit the ground running. I learned HTML by having to very quickly read through a guide. But, this was a great challenge for me and did much for mental stimulation. I continued to learn at SAIC when I was given the responsibility of taking a lead position in a couple of small contracts. I was able to maintain a high profit margin and do a lot of interesting work.

My managers were inspiring and I worked with a knowledgeable and personable team.
Productive workplace.
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Cherry Point, NCFebruary 18, 2015
Early morning due to me being an hour away from the job site. Other than that the job was a very fun place and professional environment.
Good People to work with
Tier 3 Service Desk Engineer (Current Employee), North Charleston, SCFebruary 13, 2015
Cons: no 401k matching
SAIC hires a lot of veterans. Being able to work with people who have the same background is a great benefit. The benefits could be better but they are not too bad.
Amazing but contract base
Purchasing Assistant (Former Employee), Warner Robins, GAFebruary 13, 2015
In my two years with the company I cannot have any complains. Excellent benefits. Only downside is their jobs are contract based and by losing a contract I lost my job.
Technically challenging, good pay standard benefits
Sr.Systems Integrator/Lead (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAFebruary 12, 2015
Technically challenging work, good pay, tries to stay near industry upper range. standard benefits package. Didn't feel micromanaged
They are ok
Technician (Former Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 12, 2015
They are ok, growth in the company is not that likely because the company is so big, management can do better for caring more about thier employees but hey its contact work, that is expected
computational physics
He was a principal in the RNCSAA (Current Employee), San Diego CAFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: excellent technical environment
Cons: difficulty procurring funding
Typical workday averaged over the year 20% code/algorithm development, 20% documentation, 40% simulation/analysis, 10% research, 10% presentation

Excellent co-workers and good managers.

Hardest part of the job is pursuit of funding in a sequestered environment

Leidos (and previously SAIC) provides an excellent technical environment to tackle and solve national security problems and issues. One feels that one's work matters.
weird
Knowledge operations Manager (Former Employee), Hurlburt Field, FLFebruary 10, 2015
ing bowl, combine the coconut flour, cacao powder, baking soda and salt. Mix well.
In a medium mixing bowl, beat the eggs with the maple syrup, coconut oil and coffee until combined. Gradually add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, mixing until no lumps remain.
Pour into the greased, parchment-lined springform pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
Allow to cool while you prep the frosting.
For the frosting, combine all ingredients but the chocolate. Carefully smooth over the top of the cake.
Melt the unsweetened chocolate in a double-boiler or microwave, then dip the tines of a fork into
Casual work environment. Good place for younger employee's just starting out.
Technical Trainer / Systems Administrator (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: causal, relaxed work atmospshere
Cons: management are typically entry-level
I was with SAIC for just a year as a contractor. I thought the place would be a good place to start for young college grads looking to get their start but I'm in mid-career so I did not see much future there. I will admit tough, that they are a good spring board into any level you are in your career but I had heard several times that salaries are low as compared to industry standards.
All around nice place to work.
Economist (Former Employee), Germantown, MDFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: ability to work with professionals from a wide range of disciplines.
Cons: work can be subject to political forces beyond the companies control.
A very positive company that values their employees. Their is a very strict commitment to ethics and workplace safety.
Amazing work environment
Material Expeditor (Current Employee), Charleston, SCFebruary 7, 2015
I love St. Andrew's Church. Lovely people that really care about you, both in the way they speak to you and in the way they treat you.
Government contractor
Technical Writer (Former Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 7, 2015
This organization has a broad scope of influence in the region, but seemed stove-piped internally and lacked a sense of team building or concern about employees.
Enjoyed working for SAIC
IT Consultant - Pfizer Pharmaceuticals (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 6, 2015
Overall I enjoyed my time at SAIC, they were very flexible in allowing me the option of remote work, at a time when that was just beginning to be an acceptable practice in the workplace.

You success there is driven by the projects you are placed on, and you need to network to ensure that you remain employed.
Solid company
Clinical Program Administrator (Former Employee), Bethesda, MDFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: busy, dynamic, colleagues, work ethic in organization
Cons: politics
Catch up with all team members on status
Catch up with status of work initiatives
Tackle to do list

Hardest part of job is catching folks in such a busy dynamic work place to move forward with tasks at hand

Most enjoyable is to work with such intelligent humble people who are interested in putting the patient first.
Everyone worked as a team
Coordinator/Joint Logistic Integration (Former Employee), CAFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: management courses on line by saic university (free)
Cons: working 12-14 hours a day, seven days aweek
SAIC is a outstanding company to be employed. A company that takes interest and care of employees.Everyone worked as team. The hardest part of the job was working under combat conditions at times. One of the most enjoyable part of the job, knowing we helped our Military in a combat zone.
Customer Site
Theater Cybersecurity Policy Analyst (Current Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 6, 2015
40 hr standard work week, Overseas travel is required to support customer loactions. The best part of this position is the customer and the mission I support.
Very rewarding and enriching multi cultural enviroment.
Senior Engineering Technician (Project Lead) (Former Employee), Bloomfield,IndFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: to be able to work with this company was a blessing.
Cons: not being able to do more.
There are not any typical days with SAIC which for me made them the best company to work for.We built prototype equipment for all branches of the military.I was able to travel worldwide and work with fantastic people.My co workers were some of the most dedicated people i have ever had the opportunity to work with,which was an easy task since all of our work was dedicated to the war fighters in all the world.The hardest part of my job was being limited to what i could accomplish due to truly not enough hours in a day.The most enjoyable part of my job was the knowledge that the equipment we were sending out would save someones life or multiple lives.
Stable place of employment
Senior Engineering Technician (Current Employee), Crane, INFebruary 2, 2015
This job is rewarding in the sense that the end product in which we provide is useful and meaningful to a host of end users.
Hours are great
inventory management (Current Employee), Havelock, NCFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: great hours
Cons: n/a
SAIC has great hours for working moms and dads. Weekends off.
Your day starts at 7:00 am and you are off at 3:30 pm. My co-workers were great to work with. .
Challenging and rewarding
Sales Manager (Current Employee), South Eastern United StatesJanuary 31, 2015
A company that champions a genuine team environment with unsurpassed professionalism. Opportunities for career development are well supported.

About SAIC

SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches – Read more

SAIC Salaries