SAIC
1,106 reviews

SAIC Employee Reviews

Great place to work, good employees
WMD Instructor (Former Employee), multiple locationsMarch 14, 2015
Pros: good pay, good hours
Cons: inconsistant scedule
Instructor for Law enforcement on Weapons of Mass Destruction detection, mitigation, sampling and decontamination.
Enjoyed the travel and was always learning more and more on the job.
Taking Technology and Processes to Next Level
Managing Consultant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 13, 2015
Pros: great group of people
Cons: subject to industry ups and downs, recession
Stellar knowledge base in OIl and Gas and Energy sector
Knows how to integrate technology solutions and marry such with Business Process management
Great place to work and no micro manager
C++ Developer (Current Employee), Middletown, RIMarch 13, 2015
Pros: flexible hours, decent benefit package, great people
Cons: contract work
this is a contractor position on the Newport Undersea Warfare Center (NUWC). Co-workers are great and helpful. The work on projects is unique and keep you interested. Once the contract is to end the management goes out of there way to find you more work.
Great company, great culture
Senior Geospatial Program Manager (Former Employee), MacDill AFB, FLMarch 12, 2015
Pros: very good 401k and a global footprint
Cons: not employee focused upon contract expiration
The management team were very professional and provided our employees all the tools and opportunities to excel in our positions. The hardest part of this job was delineating and understanding the nuances of the customer.
Good autonomy, sometimes forgotten
BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE ANALYST (Current Employee), Quantico, VAMarch 12, 2015
Take the good with the bad. SAIC was good about letting their contractors have a bit of autonomy working onsite. Trust was earned quickly and compensated appropriately. The bad part about that is not being a "squeaky wheel" - sometimes appropriate attention to matters was not readily available. On the whole, though, the good outweighed the bad. As far as co-workers go, I've never worked with a better, more intelligent group of people!
Great company
Collection Analyst (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALMarch 11, 2015
SAIC is a great company, although I have found it difficult to move up. Micromanaging has become the norm, so it can be a little hectic.
Great Company
Senior C4ISR Functional Analyst (Former Employee), Suffolk, VAMarch 11, 2015
Like ManTech, I only good things to say about SAIC. Specifically the staff in the Suffolk, VA office where I was employed out of. My manager was great and employees in the office and that I worked with at the customer site were the best I eve worked with.
Previous Review
Project Manager (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 11, 2015
I've reviewed SAIC previously, not sure why Indeed is requiring me to review again. Please see previous review.

Working with SAIC was fine for the first couple of years, Company split into two separate company's and it was a much different and difficult atmosphere after that
Diverse work environment, great projects to work on
Engineer (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMMarch 5, 2015
Pros: great projects
Cons: zero scaping, not enough green grass or plants
SAIC provided a diverse and friendly work environment and the projects I was able to work on were challenging and I felt like I had accomplished something new.
A company that dosen't reward through merit
Staff Environmental Scientist (Former Employee), Towanda, PAMarch 4, 2015
Pros: a great job to kick start your environmental career
Cons: on call almost 24/7 with out being paid for it.
I've worked for the company for nearly 4 years, and the project that I was brought into was the Natural Gas boom in north central PA. While the perks were fantastic when we first started, they are god awful now. My section of the company has too many managers that manage other managers. In essence, they are almost never billable and soak up extremely way too much overhead. One thing that I have learned in my time there was that no matter how great quality or poor quality your work performed is, you are all treated the same way. We had some co-workers jeopardize large contracts over several repeated mistakes, and they weren't any repercussions. This was very frustrating for the people that had tremendous drive and work ethics. The company lost several valuable employees due to the fact that work wasn't rewarded through merit.
No work ethics
Telecom Technician III (Former Employee), El Paso, TXMarch 3, 2015
Micromanage everything. No tools, no commitment, learned to that SAIC is not a company for growth. Good co-workers thou, need to do something about management.
very enjoyable place to work
Systems Administrator / Network Administrator (Current Employee), guantanamo bay, cubaMarch 2, 2015
Pros: work location
Cons: work location
Great place to work! However, the work location can be difficult at times. Getting on and off island is very limited. Also, the internet is very slow and expensive.
comment in person
Project Manager (Current Employee), Williston, VTMarch 1, 2015
Pros: compensation and type of work supported
Cons: location, work balance and medical benefits
would rather not comment on record for this area. I am SAIC contractor supporting an agency that falls under the Dept. of Homeland Security. SAIC could use some work on supporting their employees a bit better.
Review
Energy Infrastructure Analyst (Former Employee), McLean, VAFebruary 25, 2015
Everything is ok unless you lose your contract. The company makes claims about helping employees find other work in those instances and it may work out for some but not for most. I wish they would be honest about it. The job is what you make if it and the luck of the draw in terms of the co-workers you get to work alongside.
The is an OUTSTANDING company
IMPEMENTION SPECIALIST/TRAINING MANAGER (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: everything was great
Cons: sometimes trying to convince "students" with phds they needed to learn this system was difficult
I worked as implementation specialist with %100 travel across the US and overseas. The job in implementation was AWESOME enjoyed every moment. I then transferred to Facility training specialist, that too was an outstanding position. There was nothing in this position I did not enjoy. One of the best aspects there were no really "typical day" installing hardware, software, and training there was always challenges you had to tackle, if there was an issue, the managers were always willing to step in or offer assistance. In facility training again no typical day. Yes there were frustrations, stressful situations, disagreements in ways to approach the problem but overall my experience there was eye opening, I learned a lot about myself and handling odd situations.
Responsible for the initial development of the ASOCbT-A (Advanced Special Operations Combating Terrorism Alumni) Course
Course Director, Combating Terrorism (Former Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: JSOU, a outstanding University, overseas travel
Cons: SAIC lost the government contract at JSOU
Planning all Combating Terrorism course both at SOCOM (Special Operations Command) and at JSOU (Joint Special Operations University) in the USA and also taking the course world wide.
Instructional Design, Curriculum Development, Course Director
Very well managed company with good contracts
Software Engineer/DBA (Former Employee), Tysons Corner VAFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: good benefits
This was probably the company I enjoyed the most out of my career. They had excellent contracts with the government and lots opportunities to learn new things.
Decent PLace to work
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee), Dahlgren, VAFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: firnedly team
Cons: compensation
Working for SAIC was not a bad experience. The King George Team was super friendly. It was the government leads at the place i worked that were horrible. The hated all SAIC employee's. Figured out i was payed 10k under contract when they told me i was over qualified.
This was a great opportunity to grow and develop
Web Designer (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: excellent cafeteria, excellent health benefits, excellent work environment
Cons: having my job position disappear when they stopped doing commercial web design
This was a job where I had to hit the ground running. I learned HTML by having to very quickly read through a guide. But, this was a great challenge for me and did much for mental stimulation. I continued to learn at SAIC when I was given the responsibility of taking a lead position in a couple of small contracts. I was able to maintain a high profit margin and do a lot of interesting work.

My managers were inspiring and I worked with a knowledgeable and personable team.
Productive workplace.
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Cherry Point, NCFebruary 18, 2015
Early morning due to me being an hour away from the job site. Other than that the job was a very fun place and professional environment.

About SAIC

SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches – Read more

SAIC Salaries