SAIC Employee Reviews

Found 1,101 reviews matching the search
Good company
DeskSide Support (Current Employee) –  Hebron, KySeptember 9, 2015
Good company to work for, managers are all very friendly in my experience. I have never had any issues with anyone being rude or inconsiderate.
Great Government Contracting Company
Intelligence Specialist (Former Employee) –  Beale AFB, CASeptember 3, 2015
This company is great to work for because they really care about their employees and the customer they have been hired to serve.
Open receptive team culture, cutting edge work
Mechanical Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bedford, MASeptember 1, 2015
One of the best places that I have worked. I always felt that my input was well received and the culture there was excellent. The focus was always on allowing the employees to have input and promote the flexiblity to implemenent solutions.
Flexability in career paths - strong commitment to the US Military
EMA/AMSEC - Quality Engineer /Platform Manager (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCAugust 28, 2015
I started as a Technical Writer, evolved into QA and then some management positions. I even was allowed a brief opportunity to contribute as a mechanical assembler in Afghanistan.
Our company mission was to support the US war-fighter.
Pros
great benefits and flexable working hours as necessary
Cons
projects were subjet to governemnt contracting and, thus, not very dependable
ok place to work
Subcontracts Administrator (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAAugust 26, 2015
This place was a great stepping stone as a beginner in my career. i learned a lot. However, work life balance wasnt so great. Management was extremely strict and the environment was just ok.... benefits were great
Very professional; very intellectual people work here. Are known as one of the top engineering firms in the country.
Senior Geologist, Leidos (Current Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TennesseeAugust 25, 2015
Extremely professional place to work; the majority of the employees are self-starters who have a tendency to "take ownership" of the work. The Company is a Government contractor. The division I work in performs environmental work. I am primarily a field person. I typically perform oversight of drilling and monitoring well installation.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
A lot of out-of-town traveling
Overseas work enjoyed working with the soldiers
Parts Clerk/Billeting Coordinator (Former Employee) –  AfghanstainAugust 24, 2015
Working in a warehouse getting parts for the soliders of there vehicle
so they could go out and do there mission. I enjoyed working with all the different co-workers I meet from different countries. one of the hardest part of the job wa being away from your family for a long periods of time. And the most enjoyable was I got to see and travel to a lot of different countries and cities and to meet a lot of new peoples.
Pros
Travels, great pay
Cons
Being in a wartime situation
building security specialist (Current Employee) –  Hanahan, SCAugust 19, 2015
SAIC is a great place to work, and they care for their employees. I've been here for over 5 years and have built long lasting relationships. However in as much as I may love working here, I'm looking for advancement.
Pros
Great place
Cons
Parking
I had a rough time here
database management (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VAAugust 18, 2015
Management for my particular job set was not very helpful. As soon as I was placed, management was hands off. I would still recommend this company
no complaints
Journeyman Analyst-Senior Principal Analyst (Former Employee) –  charlottesville,vaAugust 16, 2015
Overall a great company to work for.no major complaints. Large corporate company but management is employee centered.
Productive & Informative workplace
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 13, 2015
Required travel
Management was very involved with projects and knew you by name.
Company is very supportive in employees furthering their education.
I give SAIC a 90% rating but its spin-off somewhere around 65%
Sr. Cyber Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ridgecrest, CA and Colorado Springs.August 12, 2015
SAIC is a very good company.

However it split into two companies about 3 yrs ago, the other being Leidos. As with spin-off during an economic downturn a great deal of pressure was put on producing /billable employees. Leidos went to ITIL services and that forced extra weekly time on employees to provide what used to be supplied by non-billable employees. That was a great extra burden. It appeared to many of us that we billable employees existed to make life easier for the non-billable regardless of how much unbillable time we had to put in to satisfy the service requirements.
Pros
really good but expensive benies. Really interesting but technically challenging.
Cons
Many services shifted to employees and some elements of poor managemt.
A great company to work for
Software Configuration Management Analyst (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 11, 2015
SAIC is a fabulous company with a bright future. They have recently split from their parent company in order to increase Govt. contract opportunities. I greatly respect their management and work philosophy.
Pros
Good monetary compensation
Cons
Health insurance has big deductible
Defense firm making its mark on Huntsville AL
Administrative Assistant/VTC Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 9, 2015
Typical day:assisted with travel plans, reviewing reports, filing expense reports and setting up daily VTC conferences.
Excellent Company to work for with challenging opportunities for career advancement
Senior Engineer Program Analyst/Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Waimea, HiAugust 7, 2015
Management from the bottom up with lots of encouragement for all employees to participate in all aspects of the job. Provided opportunities to advance ones education and career within the company.
Pros
excellent pay and benefits
Cons
focused of defense contracts that had a short life span
I love this company
System Integration Analyst II (Current Employee) –  ILAugust 6, 2015
I joined it on a short contract and it does not look like they have an opening for me. It is a top of the line company and the best I ever worked for.
Pros
Everything I looked for in a company
Cons
I was only able to get on for a short contract
Good company to work for.
Contract Closeout Manager (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNAugust 4, 2015
I liked my job and the people that worked for me, but there was no opportunity for advancement and the salary was low in comparison to other positions within the company with equal experience base.
Pros
Really good people on my team, very dedicated.
Cons
No room for advancement
Excellent Company
IT CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 30, 2015
Excellent company that excelled at treating it's employees well. If you wanted specific training, they supported it. Also have a wide variety of assignments. However, if you found yourself off an engagement, then you may quickly find yourself in the unemployment line.
Pros
Employees treated well, training encouraged
Cons
Like most contractors, opportunities limited to niche market
Great Company
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJuly 30, 2015
Great people and very smart. Worked with managers that understood the mission and were great leaders. Very organized and driven company.
Pros
In-house Training
Cons
None!
Execellent place to work
Senior Subcontracts Manager (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 29, 2015
Great place to work. Great management, environment, facilities, people, conditions. Allows you to grow and develop personally and professionally.