SAIC Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,155 reviews matching the search
Fun place
Systems Engineer IV (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCNovember 2, 2015
Good place to work, good benefits and feel grateful to work there. Good professional experience and development. Work environment is easy going, yet challenging.
Good company to work for
logistics analyst (Current Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHOctober 27, 2015
Enjoy working with the SAIC. The company is people oriented, dedicated to providing the best solutions to their clients, and have a great working environment.
Saic
Administrative (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAOctober 26, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of growth development is available. The most challenging position I've had in my long career.
Excellent
Software Packager / SCCM Engineer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 25, 2015
Great company to work with. never had any issues with the management. I'd recommend to anyone. If you get a job offer please accept you won't regret it.
Very supportive Leadership
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 25, 2015
Great company to work for Managers kept teams in the know at all times. Expectations were very high, but compensation was equally good. Kept employees abreast of employment opportunities that existed around the globe. Leaders fostered a very work friendly and professional atmosphere.
Pros
Very team oriented
Great Company
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 24, 2015
SAIC is a great company with a variety of interest in Science, Technology and Department of Defense. There is no typical day because we are always looking for new solutions for out customers. Management regularly keeps us abreast of all company happenings, internal website is very helpful IT department is very responsive to issues and we are provided all required tools to perform our tasks.
My coworkers are all hard working professionals who are proud to perform the very important and sometimes thankless work that we do.
The hardest part of the job is working with government personnel who may have the leeway to make efficient changes on their end.
The best part of the job is contributing to the success of our Armed Forces and the Department of Defense,
Pros
Long term contracts
Cons
Difficult to advance in new areas
Vechicle Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Bedford, INOctober 23, 2015
SAIC is a good place to work but, I am on the travel side of it and did not like it as much as I thought. However it is a good job that pays well. Also it is very laid back as long as you get your job done nobody bothers you.
Excellent Company
Logistic Analyst (Former Employee) –  Huntsville Al and AbroadOctober 22, 2015
Employment of top quality candidates. Supervisors were great communicators and facilitating the required task to support the war fighters. Outstanding job culture. Company believes in promoting within.
Government Contracting Company
Junior Computer Systems Analyst / Database Analyst (Current Employee) –  RemoteOctober 21, 2015
You work for whatever client you support, and at the end of the day it will depend on whether or not you like the work you are performing as well as the team that you are on.
It is great company to work for and learn very organized and managed well, high ethical standards.
Arabic Linguist/ Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ruston, VirginiaOctober 20, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management, it's all about how you personally grow and develop. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from each other.
Pros
Good compensation and benefits.
Cons
Working in a hostile part of the world.
Changed Workplace no more harmony
SAAS (Former Employee) –  KuwaitOctober 17, 2015
The company is a good company but the people were not always the best to work with. The previous company was bought by SAIC and the management that took over made sure the staff felt like the domestic help. You could feel the tension between management and the staff.
Cons
Cars taken away
It is okay
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDOctober 15, 2015
It was a sub-contractor position. I find my coworkers are friendly and helpful. The time is flexible and there was no micro-management. However, job security was not good, especially for contractors. And they may not allow their employee/manager to give you reference when the contract ended.
Cutting edge research
MASCOM Senior intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAOctober 14, 2015
Identifying numerous emerging technologies in a classified environment, and how they can benefit the war fighter. Translating highly technical scientific research into tools that assist the US in reaching our strategic goals.
Typical
Facility Security Officer (FSO) (Current Employee) –  Fort Knox, KYOctober 13, 2015
Nine to five career working with the government, military structured, flexible management, good work life balance, great human resources.
Downhill post IPO
Senior Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDOctober 12, 2015
SAIC was a wonderful place before they went public. When I left in 2012 they had degraded, though. Lots of typical corporate though processes had infiltrated the ranks of management to the detriment of the work environment. HR was difficult to navigate, benefits suffered, and I found myself surrounded by almost all inexperienced folks (read: cheap). I was told that "some turnover is good" and whenever I inquired to management about upward mobility I was put off. There are a lot of opportunities available there due to sheer company size, and like most places some branch offices/business units are better than others.
Pros
opportunities
Cons
corporate culture, advancement
Saic
Tier II Technical Support (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAOctober 7, 2015
I work at one of the sub contraction locations of SAIC for the DoS. So, I really don't interact within the SAIC environment. However, every time I go to headquarters I always feel like it would be a nice and fun place to work at just because of how productive and kind the people are.
Steady decline
Senior System Engineer (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCOctober 2, 2015
Management does not seem to care about employees. Benefits have been stripped steadily in the last 5 years. Only insurance plan available is a high deductible plan with higher premiums than I was paying for an excellent plan when I was hired.
Established company but its having its growing pains since the company split
Configuration Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  San DiegoSeptember 30, 2015
Good company but Just went through a company re-organization prior to me getting hired on, I see some happy people and not so happy people. for me...so far so good.
Pros
good benifits, 9/80 work week
Cons
no office space for off site employees to come to
SAIC Experience
Systems Integration Analyst, Level II (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, ILSeptember 30, 2015
This was my first job experience since retiring from the Air Force. Contract IT can be a vicious experience (if your not careful), but SAIC made it very rewarding. The company itself is a very professional company that REALLY takes care of its employees. I was able to travel during this position and got to go to several places (Ft Worth, TX., Philadelphia, PA., Springfield and Peoria, IL. and Klamath Falls, OR.) within this short one year that I have been with them. I was able to meet lots of people within my line of duty and got to collaborate on a project with great impact on the security of our nation. The people I worked for are the most caring and take care of their employees. I loved every minute of it.

The reason I said vicious before is because contracts come and go quickly. Within Contract IT, if you are not careful, one day you are employed and the next you're unemployed. In this case it was not the fault of SAIC, but of a rival company undercutting our contract during renewal.
Pros
Salary, time off between trips
fun and exciting
Engineer Technician (Former Employee) –  txSeptember 30, 2015
probably one of the coolest and easy going jobs.

a little hectic when the deadlines are due, but nothing to stress out about.

just had a very short contract
Pros
everything
Cons
non

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SAIC. Our community is ready to answer.