SAIC Employee Reviews

Found 1,244 reviews matching the search
Configuration-Data Management (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 8, 2017
Flexible work hours
Great co-workers from all over the world. Everyone is helpful and considerate.
They really try to find positions for you if coverage runs out.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Alot of contract work.
Exceptional and Professional Company
Deputy Division Manager / Project Manager (Former Employee) –  La Plata, MDDecember 25, 2015
I enjoyed working with SAIC's team of professionals as a manager. I was able to advance in my career and was happy in my work. I appreciated the opportunity to serve my country through SAIC, while working with some of the best and brightest individuals as co-workers, colleagues, and managers. The daily challenges were exciting and I felt that I was in a position to make a positive influence on others as a mentor and leader.
Pros
Career Advancement Opportunities
Cons
Major layoff of key management positions.
Billing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 26, 2016
SAIC has an extremely great and professional job culture and atmosphere. Leadership is ahead of the class in support and development.
Pros
Good Lunch
Cons
Micrmanagent
Being the Lead Air Operations Center Mission Trainer was a very fulfilling experience.
Lead Air Operations Center Mission (Former Employee) –  Barksdale AFB, LAApril 19, 2016
A typical work day was 0730-1630L, standard 40 hr work week. As the Lead AOC Mission Trainer it was most rewarding to facilitate the training requirements outlined in the AFIs to ensure the warfighters were ready for deployments and day to day mission needs. My-co-workers were very professional and cooperative, which made my job that more pleasant.
Pros
Ability to meet customers training objectives and send them off to support our National Interest
Cons
Didn't match 401k
Work place with good opportunities
Engineering Technician III (Current Employee) –  Crane, INOctober 8, 2016
At SAIC I have learned a lot about working with customers and working as a team.
There are many high quality people with a lot of skills which I work with.
The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to work with a group of professional people and knowing I am performing work for the military.
A fun work environment
Electronic Assembler (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCFebruary 18, 2017
The people were great to work with. It was a healthy environment to be around also very professional. A very good work experience.
Pros
good learning experience
Cons
bad lunch breaks
Part-time Sr. Technical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJanuary 11, 2017
great company,great people, great work. the hiring process was straight forward. i came onboard with highly professional HR staff. I don't have much to say but great job on all levels.
FSr for state of alaska
FSR in Alaska (Former Employee) –  AlaskaJanuary 13, 2017
Was an FSR for SAIC working on CT-80's. Also maintained Radiation Portal Monitors for border control checkpoints. Oncall 24/7 and was expected to react to any emergency on my own and be available and prepared.
Enabled me to continue to serve the US Military
Many - (Former Employee) –  St Louis, MO; Warrenville, IL; and at home.May 2, 2016
Typical workday? - no such thing, which is one of the reasons I enjoyed working for SAIC. My tenure at SAIC also involved me in a myriad of different tasks and subject areas - always challenging and educational. Enjoyed working with co-workers, many much younger than myself and open to and willing to be subject to my mentoring. I cannot state that any part of the jobs held were "hard" - challenging yes; requiring self education yes; requiring long hours sometimes.
Overall an excellent company to be a part of
C4ISR Field Support Coordinator/Manager (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 17, 2016
My fellow associates were all very responsible and professional enough to make sure we accomplished all of our testing requirements. Everybody pitched in to assist wherever help was needed.
Acceptional
Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, ILDecember 5, 2016
I have learned from my position at SAIC that you are not the only person that can get the job done and work remotely being an administrative assistant. It take team work to work to full capacity remotely.
Contract work No Good!!!!!!
Remedy/ Specialist/Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCMay 16, 2016
Integrate MRAP vehicle Comm system and learning Remedy system .
Management sucks!
Great co-workers.
Nothing was hard about the job. Learning new things all the time.
Today you might have a job and the next day jobless.
I got paid very well.
Contract work.... NO GOOD!
Pros
Pay very well and learn new things. Never a dull job.
Cons
Work today and jobless the next day/ contract work.
Productive and Dynamic work environment
Supervisor - Andrew Bender (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92135February 21, 2017
It's a priveledge to support the DOD and its efforts. Supply aircrafts with necessary parts to keep them in service and protecting our country.
Great company
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Suffolk, VAJanuary 6, 2017
The work environment where I was employed was amazing, the tone was great along with the personnel, the only downfall was the pay was not that great.
Wonderful Work environment
Billing Analyst II (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 19, 2017
I loved working at SAIC. The working environment was great, my managers were easy to work with and helped me resolve issues when they came up.
good company to work for throughout 10+ years
Logistics Lead (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCDecember 6, 2016
always busy solving problems with good people around you. primarily focused on getting the job done and protecting the customers assets to build future business.
Has sold out its employees
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHNovember 28, 2012
SAIC used to be a pretty nice place to work. But after going public in 2006, the company has steadily slid into a terrible work environment. Pretty much all decisions are now based on what it will do for stock price and quarterly earnings reports. Benefits have been cut every year--including doing away with Employee Stock Program to cutting medical.

And, jobs are dropping like flies. Anything that is not direct work is being dropped and replaced by generic centrally located "service desks" First it was HR, and then IT, and then Security.

And, if you're a technical person, look out! Hardware is impossible to get and all computers are locked down by IT.
Pros
competitive salary, relaxed work schedules
Cons
terrible "service desks" for hr, it, etc; upper management that only cares about stock price; no job security beyond current project
Great company
Electrical Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Murrieta, CADecember 5, 2016
Loved working with them. Great company good people. I liked working with the Military to get their mission completed. Got to travel and got per diem of whatever I didnt spend.
Met a lot of great people there
Material Expeditor / Supply Technician (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCOctober 3, 2016
This job was Gov't contract work, so your job is always on the line, I learned so much at this job, as I was just a material handler but I wore many hats, wherever needed I was there.
Pros
Good pay, nice people
Cons
losing contract means losing your job, the non security
asdfadaf
Site Lead/Electronics Tech I (Former Employee) –  SCNovember 10, 2016
boeing is fun you just work a ton of hours if your a contractor
they say that there is no prejudice towards contractors or Direct hires but that is false....they will treat you like dirt

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SAIC. Our community is ready to answer.