SAIC Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,147 reviews matching the search
Government Contracting Company
Junior Computer Systems Analyst / Database Analyst (Current Employee) –  RemoteOctober 21, 2015
You work for whatever client you support, and at the end of the day it will depend on whether or not you like the work you are performing as well as the team that you are on.
It is great company to work for and learn very organized and managed well, high ethical standards.
Arabic Linguist/ Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ruston, VirginiaOctober 20, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management, it's all about how you personally grow and develop. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from each other.
Pros
Good compensation and benefits.
Cons
Working in a hostile part of the world.
Changed Workplace no more harmony
SAAS (Former Employee) –  KuwaitOctober 17, 2015
The company is a good company but the people were not always the best to work with. The previous company was bought by SAIC and the management that took over made sure the staff felt like the domestic help. You could feel the tension between management and the staff.
Cons
Cars taken away
It is okay
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDOctober 15, 2015
It was a sub-contractor position. I find my coworkers are friendly and helpful. The time is flexible and there was no micro-management. However, job security was not good, especially for contractors. And they may not allow their employee/manager to give you reference when the contract ended.
Cutting edge research
MASCOM Senior intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAOctober 14, 2015
Identifying numerous emerging technologies in a classified environment, and how they can benefit the war fighter. Translating highly technical scientific research into tools that assist the US in reaching our strategic goals.
Typical
Facility Security Officer (FSO) (Current Employee) –  Fort Knox, KYOctober 13, 2015
Nine to five career working with the government, military structured, flexible management, good work life balance, great human resources.
Downhill post IPO
Senior Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDOctober 12, 2015
SAIC was a wonderful place before they went public. When I left in 2012 they had degraded, though. Lots of typical corporate though processes had infiltrated the ranks of management to the detriment of the work environment. HR was difficult to navigate, benefits suffered, and I found myself surrounded by almost all inexperienced folks (read: cheap). I was told that "some turnover is good" and whenever I inquired to management about upward mobility I was put off. There are a lot of opportunities available there due to sheer company size, and like most places some branch offices/business units are better than others.
Pros
opportunities
Cons
corporate culture, advancement
Saic
Tier II Technical Support (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAOctober 7, 2015
I work at one of the sub contraction locations of SAIC for the DoS. So, I really don't interact within the SAIC environment. However, every time I go to headquarters I always feel like it would be a nice and fun place to work at just because of how productive and kind the people are.
Steady decline
Senior System Engineer (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCOctober 2, 2015
Management does not seem to care about employees. Benefits have been stripped steadily in the last 5 years. Only insurance plan available is a high deductible plan with higher premiums than I was paying for an excellent plan when I was hired.
Established company but its having its growing pains since the company split
Configuration Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  San DiegoSeptember 30, 2015
Good company but Just went through a company re-organization prior to me getting hired on, I see some happy people and not so happy people. for me...so far so good.
Pros
good benifits, 9/80 work week
Cons
no office space for off site employees to come to

Want to know more about SAIC?

Ask a question
SAIC Experience
Systems Integration Analyst, Level II (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, ILSeptember 30, 2015
This was my first job experience since retiring from the Air Force. Contract IT can be a vicious experience (if your not careful), but SAIC made it very rewarding. The company itself is a very professional company that REALLY takes care of its employees. I was able to travel during this position and got to go to several places (Ft Worth, TX., Philadelphia, PA., Springfield and Peoria, IL. and Klamath Falls, OR.) within this short one year that I have been with them. I was able to meet lots of people within my line of duty and got to collaborate on a project with great impact on the security of our nation. The people I worked for are the most caring and take care of their employees. I loved every minute of it.

The reason I said vicious before is because contracts come and go quickly. Within Contract IT, if you are not careful, one day you are employed and the next you're unemployed. In this case it was not the fault of SAIC, but of a rival company undercutting our contract during renewal.
Pros
Salary, time off between trips
fun and exciting
Engineer Technician (Former Employee) –  txSeptember 30, 2015
probably one of the coolest and easy going jobs.

a little hectic when the deadlines are due, but nothing to stress out about.

just had a very short contract
Pros
everything
Cons
non
co workers
SUPERVISOR OF LOGISTICS (Current Employee) –  Hanahan, SCSeptember 30, 2015
My coworkers are great to work for day in and day out. The only thing that is not all that great is the benefits and wages. The work and management that I work with directly are great. They keep me informed and keep me updated at all times.
Worked with wonderful people
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntsville ALSeptember 29, 2015
I loved the energy that was kept in our department, and everyone helped each other out. We were a team. I served at the senior management level and the people I worked around made my job easier. I served as the primary individual to help out the government lead as well as his deputy. After I was finished doing my daily tasks I went around and offered my assistance to anyone else that needed it in my department.
Can be a good palce to work
Service Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNSeptember 23, 2015
Changing management landscape can pose challenges

An employee who can join and change cliques will do well

Some co-workers are great and some are not so great.

Internal promotion is haphazard and does not always seem to be based correctly on merit.

There is a substantial difference between working as an exempt employee and working as a non-exempt employee
Pros
free coffee
Cons
quality of project managers varies widely
Excellent work environment
Systems Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Scott Air Force BaseSeptember 23, 2015
I've been very pleased having worked for SAIC. The management, staff and coworkers have made it a rich experience. The company is very innovative and provides wonderful, easy to use tools to assist employees with answers and support. They provide a plethora of benefits employees are able to take advantage of.

I am truly grateful for having had the opportunity to work with them on a short-term contract.
Pros
Supportive management; Easy online tools
Very professional environment
Maintenance Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  McLean, VASeptember 23, 2015
Lots of room for advancement and great benefits. I always felt like I was challenged and I always had the resource available to over come any obstacles.
Pros
I enjoyed the people I worked with
Cons
I didn't like working in a combat zone
Great company with competitive pay and excellent benefits
SAP Consultant (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 22, 2015
Great company to work for with supportive management. Competitive salary, and excellent benefits. The work environment was enjoyable, and my co-workers were a pleasure to work with.
SAIC / Leidos Review
ISR Architect II (Former Employee) –  McLean, VASeptember 21, 2015
The opportunities to engage and work with the military from a contractors point was very rewarding however as a former military member, the lack of support purported in the guidelines of the company's policy is laughable. As an active guard member, you must be careful when performing you military obligations. The law requires the company to rehire you back but if the contract goes away, you can be left out in the cold which has happened to countless friends an military members that I have served with.
Pros
Pay is generally great to start
Cons
Very little confidence with job security while serving my country
Short-term engagement supporting NAVMISSA
Enterprise Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCSeptember 16, 2015
Professional, astute, and knowledgeable staff and co-workers. Well-defined tasking and expectations. Convenient location for the supported client.