SAIC

1.1K reviews

SAIC Employee Reviews

Previous Review
Project Manager (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 11, 2015
I've reviewed SAIC previously, not sure why Indeed is requiring me to review again. Please see previous review.

Working with SAIC was fine for the first couple of years, Company split into two separate company's and it was a much different and difficult atmosphere after that
Diverse work environment, great projects to work on
Engineer (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMMarch 5, 2015
Pros: great projects
Cons: zero scaping, not enough green grass or plants
SAIC provided a diverse and friendly work environment and the projects I was able to work on were challenging and I felt like I had accomplished something new.
A company that dosen't reward through merit
Staff Environmental Scientist (Former Employee), Towanda, PAMarch 4, 2015
Pros: a great job to kick start your environmental career
Cons: on call almost 24/7 with out being paid for it.
I've worked for the company for nearly 4 years, and the project that I was brought into was the Natural Gas boom in north central PA. While the perks were fantastic when we first started, they are god awful now. My section of the company has too many managers that manage other managers. In essence, they are almost never billable and soak up extremely way too much overhead. One thing that I have learned in my time there was that no matter how great quality or poor quality your work performed is, you are all treated the same way. We had some co-workers jeopardize large contracts over several repeated mistakes, and they weren't any repercussions. This was very frustrating for the people that had tremendous drive and work ethics. The company lost several valuable employees due to the fact that work wasn't rewarded through merit.
No work ethics
Telecom Technician III (Former Employee), El Paso, TXMarch 3, 2015
Micromanage everything. No tools, no commitment, learned to that SAIC is not a company for growth. Good co-workers thou, need to do something about management.
very enjoyable place to work
Systems Administrator / Network Administrator (Current Employee), guantanamo bay, cubaMarch 2, 2015
Pros: work location
Cons: work location
Great place to work! However, the work location can be difficult at times. Getting on and off island is very limited. Also, the internet is very slow and expensive.
comment in person
Project Manager (Current Employee), Williston, VTMarch 1, 2015
Pros: compensation and type of work supported
Cons: location, work balance and medical benefits
would rather not comment on record for this area. I am SAIC contractor supporting an agency that falls under the Dept. of Homeland Security. SAIC could use some work on supporting their employees a bit better.
Review
Energy Infrastructure Analyst (Former Employee), McLean, VAFebruary 25, 2015
Everything is ok unless you lose your contract. The company makes claims about helping employees find other work in those instances and it may work out for some but not for most. I wish they would be honest about it. The job is what you make if it and the luck of the draw in terms of the co-workers you get to work alongside.
The is an OUTSTANDING company
IMPEMENTION SPECIALIST/TRAINING MANAGER (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: everything was great
Cons: sometimes trying to convince "students" with phds they needed to learn this system was difficult
I worked as implementation specialist with %100 travel across the US and overseas. The job in implementation was AWESOME enjoyed every moment. I then transferred to Facility training specialist, that too was an outstanding position. There was nothing in this position I did not enjoy. One of the best aspects there were no really "typical day" installing hardware, software, and training there was always challenges you had to tackle, if there was an issue, the managers were always willing to step in or offer assistance. In facility training again no typical day. Yes there were frustrations, stressful situations, disagreements in ways to approach the problem but overall my experience there was eye opening, I learned a lot about myself and handling odd situations.
Responsible for the initial development of the ASOCbT-A (Advanced Special Operations Combating Terrorism Alumni) Course
Course Director, Combating Terrorism (Former Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: JSOU, a outstanding University, overseas travel
Cons: SAIC lost the government contract at JSOU
Planning all Combating Terrorism course both at SOCOM (Special Operations Command) and at JSOU (Joint Special Operations University) in the USA and also taking the course world wide.
Instructional Design, Curriculum Development, Course Director
Very well managed company with good contracts
Software Engineer/DBA (Former Employee), Tysons Corner VAFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: good benefits
This was probably the company I enjoyed the most out of my career. They had excellent contracts with the government and lots opportunities to learn new things.
Decent PLace to work
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee), Dahlgren, VAFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: firnedly team
Cons: compensation
Working for SAIC was not a bad experience. The King George Team was super friendly. It was the government leads at the place i worked that were horrible. The hated all SAIC employee's. Figured out i was payed 10k under contract when they told me i was over qualified.
This was a great opportunity to grow and develop
Web Designer (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: excellent cafeteria, excellent health benefits, excellent work environment
Cons: having my job position disappear when they stopped doing commercial web design
This was a job where I had to hit the ground running. I learned HTML by having to very quickly read through a guide. But, this was a great challenge for me and did much for mental stimulation. I continued to learn at SAIC when I was given the responsibility of taking a lead position in a couple of small contracts. I was able to maintain a high profit margin and do a lot of interesting work.

My managers were inspiring and I worked with a knowledgeable and personable team.
Productive workplace.
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Cherry Point, NCFebruary 18, 2015
Early morning due to me being an hour away from the job site. Other than that the job was a very fun place and professional environment.
Good People to work with
Tier 3 Service Desk Engineer (Current Employee), North Charleston, SCFebruary 13, 2015
Cons: no 401k matching
SAIC hires a lot of veterans. Being able to work with people who have the same background is a great benefit. The benefits could be better but they are not too bad.
Amazing but contract base
Purchasing Assistant (Former Employee), Warner Robins, GAFebruary 13, 2015
In my two years with the company I cannot have any complains. Excellent benefits. Only downside is their jobs are contract based and by losing a contract I lost my job.
Technically challenging, good pay standard benefits
Sr.Systems Integrator/Lead (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAFebruary 12, 2015
Technically challenging work, good pay, tries to stay near industry upper range. standard benefits package. Didn't feel micromanaged
They are ok
Technician (Former Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 12, 2015
They are ok, growth in the company is not that likely because the company is so big, management can do better for caring more about thier employees but hey its contact work, that is expected
computational physics
He was a principal in the RNCSAA (Current Employee), San Diego CAFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: excellent technical environment
Cons: difficulty procurring funding
Typical workday averaged over the year 20% code/algorithm development, 20% documentation, 40% simulation/analysis, 10% research, 10% presentation

Excellent co-workers and good managers.

Hardest part of the job is pursuit of funding in a sequestered environment

Leidos (and previously SAIC) provides an excellent technical environment to tackle and solve national security problems and issues. One feels that one's work matters.
weird
Knowledge operations Manager (Former Employee), Hurlburt Field, FLFebruary 10, 2015
ing bowl, combine the coconut flour, cacao powder, baking soda and salt. Mix well.
In a medium mixing bowl, beat the eggs with the maple syrup, coconut oil and coffee until combined. Gradually add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, mixing until no lumps remain.
Pour into the greased, parchment-lined springform pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
Allow to cool while you prep the frosting.
For the frosting, combine all ingredients but the chocolate. Carefully smooth over the top of the cake.
Melt the unsweetened chocolate in a double-boiler or microwave, then dip the tines of a fork into
Casual work environment. Good place for younger employee's just starting out.
Technical Trainer / Systems Administrator (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: causal, relaxed work atmospshere
Cons: management are typically entry-level
I was with SAIC for just a year as a contractor. I thought the place would be a good place to start for young college grads looking to get their start but I'm in mid-career so I did not see much future there. I will admit tough, that they are a good spring board into any level you are in your career but I had heard several times that salaries are low as compared to industry standards.