SAIC

SAIC Employer Reviews

A great place to work
Financial Intern (Former Employee), Middletown, RIMay 21, 2014
Management makes work enjoyable. The work is challenging and rewarding. The environment is a great place to improve as an employee.
Great place
Network Support Specialist (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAMay 20, 2014
Great place to work. Friendly staff. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Company of many talented workers.
Material Control Specialist (Current Employee), Charleston, SCMay 19, 2014
Pros: income and learning new tasks.
Cons: no room for advancement
Working spreadsheets for accuracy. Various spreadsheets, data input, accountability, and leadership. Most management believe they are still in the military, but being married to a retired military I know how to adjust. Great co-workers. Dealing with no opportunity for advancement. Finding my own way to learn something new.
Good Company.
Technician (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALMay 12, 2014
Pros: good pay.
Cons: health insurance.
A typical work day is from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM depending on your job function. They pay overtime or extended work week on an as needed basis (as needed for job completion). My project manager is a great man and I have enjoyed working for him the last five years. The one thing to remeber is that SAIC deals in alot of government projects. When the project – more... is cancelled or budget cuts come around, they may not have another position available for you. – less
Productive and pleasurable to work at Customer location
Equities Reviewer (Current Employee), Annapolis Junction, MDMay 11, 2014
Pros: my duties are mission-oriented and i sit in the front office of the organization.
Cons: no real breaks during day.
A typical day on the current program I support is a very busy one. You start receiving requests that must be logged in, attach appropriate recipients and send out. I log in on a regular basis of 50-65 requests a day. You then have to close out the requests and all of these procedures must be completed before you leave and you cannot work longer than – more... 8 hours per day. It is very mission oriented which makes it so exciting and dynamic.
I have learned how it feels to literally stare at 2 large computer screens all day with only restroom breaks and eating lunch at desk. I've also learned to use Excel a lot bettyer.
The most enjoyable part of my day is seeing on your computer how many requests have been processed and you know then what you accomplished. The other most enjoyable part of my day is the co-workers are all very nice to work with. – less
negotiable
Senior Accounting Tech (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXMay 11, 2014
Cons: provide health care benefits
I've worked there more than ten years.It is great place to work there.
Poorly managed and repeatedly overpromise compensation and employee benefits which do not occur
Solutions Architect (Current Employee), VirginiaMay 9, 2014
Pros: flextime for the majority of the working day is nice.
Cons: all of the above
I do not recommend working for this company. I have been here several years and have seen poor technical management, unprofessional politics, and very poor consideration of the employees with regard to their career paths. Managers consistently make promises to employees that they do not keep. The current remake of the company as a Matrix organization – more... appears to be doomed due to lack of vision, little if any communication in house, and overall poor management. Morale is negative and undesirable. – less
Does not recommend the Charleston, SC business unit.
Electronics Technician (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCMay 8, 2014
Pros: great pay along with benefits
Cons: good ole boy network
Good Ole Boy network is very rampant in the Charleston, SC business unit. If you're outsider, then you will have no place there. During my time there, I see those who were part of the network advance while others who were more qualified did not advance.
Good Company
PDM/PLM Expert and Trainer (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALMay 8, 2014
Good Company to work for. Management is very supportive of employees.
Variety of jobs: scanning, data retention, light programing-loved it
Graphic Designer (Former Employee), Picatinny Arsenal, NJMay 2, 2014
Pros: the atmosphere and chance to learn
Cons: honestly-there were no cons to this job.
Wide variety. I was a "plug" of sorts. Whatever anyone in the office didn't know, I was tasked to research and learn any new programs. Coworkers were wonderful, mature, honest and always willing to go the extra mile for the company. Everything was enjoyable about the job. I was treated with respect and allowed and encouraged to make suggestions.
Hardest – more... part of job was saying goodbye to it. They closed the office and we all went our ways but still keep in touch. – less
High volume Military scheduling
Receptionist (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLMay 2, 2014
Pros: onsite hospital
Cons: enjoying the experienced
Responsible for scheduling appointments, contacting physicians, sending prescriptions to pharmacies, and directing high volume of calls on 20-lines telephone switchboard.
Good company
Senior Intelligence Trainer/ Systems Maintainer (Current Employee), Ft. Hood, TexasApril 24, 2014
Pros: good benefit package
Cons: 401k matching is not ideal.
SAIC split into two companies in August 2013 the majority of all DOD contracts went to new company called Leidos. Leidos is a mirror image of SAIC. All the same benifits as SAIC. Overall the company is a good company to work for. As with any job you get some supervisors that you wonder how that got that position. It is what it is.
Fair
Analyst (Former Employee), Alexandria/DeployedApril 24, 2014
Pros: good salary, benefits, job security
Cons: very large company, hard to gain recognition
A large company, I think it depends on which office you are at and the people you are working with that will influence your judgement of the work environment.
great company to work for
Senior Consultant (Current Employee), Washington, DCApril 23, 2014
Create company to work for.
I am currently working for SAIC over 5 years but I am from Georgia and I like to find a job now closer to my home to be with my family.
See resume
CAD Drafter III Primary (Current Employee), North Charleston, ScApril 23, 2014
This was a great place to work. I enjoyed working there. I was able to apply my skills and earn a living.
Mission Oriented
INTEGRATION TEAM LEAD (Current Employee), Fort Bliss, TXApril 21, 2014
The good thing about this company is that the management is mission oriented. They tend to forget about the employees from time to time.
The team I worked with was Awesome
Desktop Engineer - The Air Force 844 Comm. Squad (Current Employee), Arlington, VAApril 18, 2014
The various contracts with the Air Force were for the most part part of the same team. The latest contract ended, and although I was extended for multiple months after the new contract was awarded, I am not working with many of the team members I have known for almost a decade. the breakup of this team was very disappointing, and I would gladly work – more... with any of my former colleagues. While the work was sometimes extremely daunting, knowing you had a team that had your back, and knowing we had a customer that we all were proud to support, made the job very satisfying. – less
Excellent company to work for.
Technical Support Agent (Current Employee), San Diego, CAApril 18, 2014
Company provides many opportunities for promotion. Many education opportunities and many personnel with expertise willing to share their knowledge.
I truly enjoyed my over five years working for SAIC.
Program Manager / Senior Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Sterling heights, MIApril 17, 2014
Pros: flexibility, excellent reach-back capability, knowledgeable and helpful co-workers.
Cons: job security (as discussed above)
I was given the freedom to complete my required responsibilities as I saw fit. Management had an open door policy and were always helpful when I needed advice or other assistance. As with all defense contractors, job security was always a concern but they were always straightforward with me and told it like it was.
Good wok/life environment
VMware Administrator (Current Employee), Orlando, FLApril 17, 2014
SAIC is a good company to work for. It has a good work and life balance.

About SAIC

SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches – Read more