San Antonio Community Hospital

San Antonio Community Hospital Employer Reviews

Worst place ever to work at
Cna (Former Employee), Upland caSeptember 14, 2014
It has the worst mangement ever I was a cna there for three weeks and quit. The don is the worst lazy rn and cna and some cna don't even have there certificate they let them still work. Stay away bad place. Cna are forced to work out of scope of practice.
Nice small community hospital
RN (Former Employee), Upland, CASeptember 7, 2014
Pros: nice nursing staff, small community
Cons: low pay, not eough appreciation/life work balance
Small hospital, feels like home. Didn't feel like there was much room for advancement. Management has an approach of discipline rather than to appreciate the staff in order to acheive increased productivity. I left seeking more opportunity and to work for a place where life work balance are possible as well as advancement
I Love my Hospital and the Teamwork there
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Upland, CASeptember 5, 2014
Working in the ER is definitely not easy. I meet and treat up to 15 patients a night based on their critical status and priority of care. I have learned so much in my time in the ER and love the teamwork that me and my coworkers share. I would recommend this hospital to anyone looking for a new grad RN job, they do a great job training their brand new – more... RNs! – less
Great staff and productive work environment.
Emergency Department Technician (Former Employee), Upland, CAAugust 27, 2014
My overall experience at San Antonio was wonderful. I was sad to leave. Unfortunately the emergency room isn't for everyone. I've decided to look else where.
lab assistant
Mark Polley, Phlebotomist Lead (Former Employee), Upland, CAJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: co workers
Cons: managment
worked as a Lab Assistant in all areas of the Lab and drew in all department . Am Run to mico bent and chem. and send out and aliquot spec. for testing and send outs.
also helped incoming call from MDs who needed results and ordered testing.
In mico I would plate specimens for testing and load the blood cultures for testing . In Hemo I would load controls – more... and make slides for testing and run them . Also in Chem . – less
Fun workplace
Diet Technician, Registered (Former Employee), Upland, CAJanuary 7, 2014
Not very flexible in terms of hours, but very good staff, so it is worth it.

ssss
aaaa
bbb
55tt
Busy Employer
Office Manager (Former Employee), Upland, CAJanuary 7, 2014
Wonderful employer. Real Estate market was uneventful. This field of work had no future for me and was not what I anticipated.
Great place for new grads
Emergency Dept Nurse (Current Employee), Upland, CAOctober 22, 2013
SACH emergency department is a great place for new grads, there is a 6-month training period.
Never a dull day at the office
Security Officer (Current Employee), Upland, CAOctober 21, 2013
Depending on the post that I assigned my daily activities can range from interior to exterior patrol (including detex key rounds), working in the Emergency Department (so many different types of people on that post) as well as covering the PBX operators on occasion.
Good benefits
ANESTHESIA TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Rancho Cucamonga, CAJuly 29, 2013
Cons: extream cutbacks
When I started working here in 2005 it was a great place to work. Management was fair and cared about the employees. In the past 1 1/2 yrs it has changed and is not so employee friendly.
Stressful but okay job
Med Surg Unit Coordinator (Former Employee), Upland, CAJune 27, 2013
Answered phones, put in doctors orders, responded to call lights. Management good, coworkers mostly good.
Nice place to work
Monitor Tech/Unit Coordinator (Current Employee), Upland, CAJune 14, 2013
Overall the 10 years I have been there it has been a great place to work.
RN
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Upland, CAMay 22, 2013
Pros: good co-workers
Cons: no support
Was a great place to work. The staff was friendly and worked well together. The company has gone through changes the last few years that has shifted the primary focus from providing the best care to saving money. It seems management now blames the staff instead of backing them up when appropriate. This is different from department to department. I hope – more... they get back on track. I cant tell you how many patients i run into that complain about their care now as apposed to a few years ago. Its heart breaking. – less
Productive in working as a team.
In-Charge relief Therapist RRT, CRTT (Former Employee), Upland, CAJanuary 16, 2013
Pros: team work
Cons: work loads extremly high at times
This Hospital had the potential to offer further education to keep the therapist in knowledge of the most advanced Respiratory Eduation.
SACH values
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Upland, CADecember 31, 2012
Pros: good work enviornment
Cons: only hmo patients- bad for upcoming obama care
Working at SACH includes teamwork and good, strong job values. I appreciate that management offers many opportunities to grow and have your suggestions heard.
Abusive Enviroment by Management
RN (Former Employee), Emergency DepartmentDecember 30, 2012
Pros: benefits
Cons: management
As a former ER RN at San Antonio Community Hospital (SACH) I would never recommend working at this institution. Like with any job the staff is hit and miss. You will find helpful, compassionate co-workers who are very professional and then you will find malicious co-workers who will lie, gossip and try creating trouble for you with your fellow co-workers – more... and superiors. The true abuse of this institution however comes from management and directorship. Management will often give write ups based on prejudice and favoritism without any due process, investigation or objectiveness that all employees are entitled to. Furthermore the policies of this hospital are often very vague and often ignored and even broken by management in order to create an environment of overall control. Overwhelming assignments are often given to those who are not favorited and due to this institutions infatuation with numbers and profit, will often break JACHO standards, along with state and federal laws to maximize patient turnover. This often leads to an environment where the nurse is put into overwhelming and often unsafe situations, thus putting their license at risk, all the meanwhile assuming all responsibility with no management liability. When these practices are addressed, as I have seen numerous times, that Nurse is often harassed to an inhuman level. On the healthcare professional side, this hospital is ran more like a concentration camp under the control of a totalitarian regime than an actually productive and professional healthcare agency. – less
Loved my job
Senior Radiology Clerk (Former Employee), Upland, CANovember 15, 2012
Pros: cafeteria
Even though I was a Senior Radiology Clerk, I learned alot about procedures being performed in our department. What I loved about translating is knowing the risks and benefits of produres. I loved my job! I love fast paced environment and this was definitely one :)

May 15, 2013

As an employee of the radiology department, I can say that this is not the way anyone feels. The director is a really mean person and the CEO of the hospital has ruined all of the good things about the hospital. Most current employees wished they worked somewhere else.

dont do it
Medical Assistant (Front and Back Office) (Former Employee), Upland, CANovember 8, 2012
i did not enjoy my time with this company i felt little to no respect and no one wants to be there. money hungry and lazy was my experience. if you care to practice medicine i would not recommend this place as employer.
Productive and fun
Staff RN (Current Employee), Upland, CANovember 7, 2012
I have learned so much being on a telemetry floor. My co-workers are amazing and there is so much teamwork (especially at night)!
Community Hospital
Emergency Department Unit Coordinator (Former Employee), Upland, CASeptember 18, 2012
Pros: great sense of community
Great place to work. Smaller than a county hospital, they give individualized care to every patient. They have enough staff on a shift which makes working there pleasant. They promote from within, and keep staff up to date with timely training, offering on- site CPR and other programs. If I didn't relocate, I'd still be working with these kind, professional – more... people providing excellent care. – less