San Antonio Community Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Awesome place
Physical Therapy Aide (Former Employee) –  Upland, CAMay 13, 2016
I loved the staff and the culture of the organization. Highly recommend working here. The entire organization is highly educated and works well as a team to meet the patient needs.
Pros
Flexible, pleasant staff
Job was a joke
Hospital Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Upland, CAFebruary 10, 2016
I worked there back in 2013 as a night janitor and the supervisor's at that time didn't care about the employees much. I wouldn't recommend this company to work for what so ever. They also rip off people just for an ER visit. Ridiculous.
Pros
Cons
Lack of support for employees
My Review
Phlebotomist Technician I / Courier (Former Employee) –  Upland, CAJanuary 18, 2016
A typical work day would start by getting my assigned company vehicle ready with all my needed supplies for morning nursing and home draws. I would return to the hospital and drop off all draws to the laboratory. Then I would proceed to deliver reports to Drs. office's, pick up specimens, and do stat pick ups and draws. At times I would do special deliveries of centrifuge machine or pick up reagents. On the job I learned to deal with different types of people and their personalities.
My co-workers and management personnel were all great people to work with. Helping my patients made my job enjoyable.
Pros
helping people
Cons
not being able to help all the people
Fast-paced work environment with much to learn.
Customer Service/ Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Upland, CAMay 8, 2015
A great place to get first hand experience with many different skills and tasks. Working with a variety of different individuals allowed for my personality and communication skills shine.
Pros
Free lunch and coffee.
Cons
Not being able to help everyone!
Volunteer services
Volunteer Pre-Op Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Upland, CAApril 2, 2015
Great people to work with! A pleasure assisting patients with their various needs. I truly believe that it could be a paying position, but instead they acquire the help from volunteers. All in all it was a rewarding experience.
Pros
$6 voucher for lunch at main hospital
Cons
No hourly wage, had to buy uniform and pay dues
It's ok
Emergency Registration Clerk (Current Employee) –  Upland, CAMarch 25, 2015
I've been working here for 3 years now and the only advancement I've had was being a temp to a full time employee. I've tried to move up and they "encourage" it but if your department needs it, the chances of you moving up are very slim. It's flattering but kinda sucks. If you work office hours, you have to use your PTO to pay for holidays IF you want them to get paid, if you work in the hospital, unless you find someone to trade a holiday shift with you, you're mandated to work it. The pay isn't the best, you work so much and get paid so little. They say the pay is competitive but I don't really see that when I make $15/hr for a multitude of jobs that I do but that's what the per diems make as well. I have 10 years experience.

The people I work with are for the most part nice, of course women are catty and always want to be the HBIC (Head B**ch In Charge) but if you learn to ignore them and just do you, they eventually back off.

I do like my job dont get me wrong but there's no appreciation and you always feel you're gonna be fired it feels like.
Pros
co-workers, employee appreciation week once a year
Cons
no breaks (even if they are mandatory good luck), co-workers, management, the pay
Great environment and personnel to work with.
Rehabilitation Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Outpatient clinicMarch 7, 2015
San Antonio Community Hospital incorporates a diverse area of work for employees. The management is cooperative and hires employees that are teachable.
loved the people i worked with very caring indivuduals
Senior Medi-cal Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Upland, CAFebruary 12, 2015
i wish the job was closer to home that was one of the reasons i decided to re-locate to another Hospital due to i was commuting 64 miles daily and after few years the commuting just got overwhelming . what i liked most about my work was
my Coordinator and Manager who i got along very well with and they were very supportive of my work ethics.
Pros
excellant lunch hours
Cons
not enough restaurants
Grew up with this Hospital. Worked their for many years. Enjoyed the community involvement.
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Upland, CaliforniaJanuary 16, 2015
I started this job as a part time admitting assistant, and advance my way up to Program Manager of a high volume Occupational Health Program. Collaborated with our Marketing team to introduce our services to many of the community employers. Developed specialized services to local police and fire department employers for their pre employment physicals and drug testing. Left this employer to advance my skills.
Pros
close to home, lots of community involvement.
Cons
exhausted my advancement opportunities.
San Antonio Hospital is a respected health care leader.
Nurse Educator (Former Employee) –  Upland, CADecember 4, 2014
I worked in multiple departments: PACU, SICU, CCU, Pre-Op Center, Day Care Surgery and Gastric Lab.
I always did hands on patient care and used the computer charting system. I learned how to triage my patients needs and manage my time.
I found management to be fair and supportive.
My co-workers were bright and capable.
The hardest part of my job was figuring out ways to teach my co-workers creatively.
The most enjoyable part of the job was assisting other nurses with their questions and meeting their needs.
I planned ways to educate my co-workers and provide the tools necessary for them to do their job in the most efficient manner.
Good team to work with in the Social Services and Case Management Department
Clinical Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Upland, CANovember 11, 2014
Enjoyed my work at SACH and several other facilities in the past. Each had it's plusses and minuses, but for the most part plus.
Pros
friendly and supportive staff
Cons
too often poor communication
Worst place ever to work at
Cna (Former Employee) –  Upland caSeptember 14, 2014
It has the worst mangement ever I was a cna there for three weeks and quit. The don is the worst lazy rn and cna and some cna don't even have there certificate they let them still work. Stay away bad place. Cna are forced to work out of scope of practice.
Nice small community hospital
RN (Former Employee) –  Upland, CASeptember 7, 2014
Small hospital, feels like home. Didn't feel like there was much room for advancement. Management has an approach of discipline rather than to appreciate the staff in order to acheive increased productivity. I left seeking more opportunity and to work for a place where life work balance are possible as well as advancement
Pros
nice nursing staff, small community
Cons
low pay, not eough appreciation/life work balance
I Love my Hospital and the Teamwork there
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Upland, CASeptember 5, 2014
Working in the ER is definitely not easy. I meet and treat up to 15 patients a night based on their critical status and priority of care. I have learned so much in my time in the ER and love the teamwork that me and my coworkers share. I would recommend this hospital to anyone looking for a new grad RN job, they do a great job training their brand new RNs!
Great staff and productive work environment.
Emergency Department Technician (Former Employee) –  Upland, CAAugust 27, 2014
My overall experience at San Antonio was wonderful. I was sad to leave. Unfortunately the emergency room isn't for everyone. I've decided to look else where.
lab assistant
Mark Polley, Phlebotomist Lead (Former Employee) –  Upland, CAJanuary 8, 2014
worked as a Lab Assistant in all areas of the Lab and drew in all department . Am Run to mico bent and chem. and send out and aliquot spec. for testing and send outs.
also helped incoming call from MDs who needed results and ordered testing.
In mico I would plate specimens for testing and load the blood cultures for testing . In Hemo I would load controls and make slides for testing and run them . Also in Chem .
Pros
co workers
Cons
managment
Fun workplace
Diet Technician, Registered (Former Employee) –  Upland, CAJanuary 7, 2014
Not very flexible in terms of hours, but very good staff, so it is worth it.

ssss
aaaa
bbb
55tt
Busy Employer
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Upland, CAJanuary 7, 2014
Wonderful employer. Real Estate market was uneventful. This field of work had no future for me and was not what I anticipated.
A very nice place to work
Radiology Assistant (Current Employee) –  Upland, CADecember 28, 2013
I enjoy working for SACH because it is a small hospital in our town. You get to know your patients and they get to know you. It makes you feel really good that you are helping people in your town. The co workers I work with are great and very helpful. The hardest part of the job is leaving at night because I want to be there for everyone.
Never a dull day at the office
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Upland, CAOctober 21, 2013
Depending on the post that I assigned my daily activities can range from interior to exterior patrol (including detex key rounds), working in the Emergency Department (so many different types of people on that post) as well as covering the PBX operators on occasion.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at San Antonio Community Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.