San Antonio Community Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

My Review
Phlebotomist Technician I / Courier (Former Employee) –  Upland, CAJanuary 18, 2016
A typical work day would start by getting my assigned company vehicle ready with all my needed supplies for morning nursing and home draws. I would return to the hospital and drop off all draws to the laboratory. Then I would proceed to deliver reports to Drs. office's, pick up specimens, and do stat pick ups and draws. At times I would do special deliveries of centrifuge machine or pick up reagents. On the job I learned to deal with different types of people and their personalities.
My co-workers and management personnel were all great people to work with. Helping my patients made my job enjoyable.
Pros
helping people
Cons
not being able to help all the people
It's ok
Emergency Registration Clerk (Current Employee) –  Upland, CAMarch 25, 2015
I've been working here for 3 years now and the only advancement I've had was being a temp to a full time employee. I've tried to move up and they "encourage" it but if your department needs it, the chances of you moving up are very slim. It's flattering but kinda sucks. If you work office hours, you have to use your PTO to pay for holidays IF you want them to get paid, if you work in the hospital, unless you find someone to trade a holiday shift with you, you're mandated to work it. The pay isn't the best, you work so much and get paid so little. They say the pay is competitive but I don't really see that when I make $15/hr for a multitude of jobs that I do but that's what the per diems make as well. I have 10 years experience.

The people I work with are for the most part nice, of course women are catty and always want to be the HBIC (Head B**ch In Charge) but if you learn to ignore them and just do you, they eventually back off.

I do like my job dont get me wrong but there's no appreciation and you always feel you're gonna be fired it feels like.
Pros
co-workers, employee appreciation week once a year
Cons
no breaks (even if they are mandatory good luck), co-workers, management, the pay
Job was a joke
Hospital Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Upland, CAFebruary 10, 2016
I worked there back in 2013 as a night janitor and the supervisor's at that time didn't care about the employees much. I wouldn't recommend this company to work for what so ever. They also rip off people just for an ER visit. Ridiculous.
Pros
Cons
Lack of support for employees
Awesome place
Physical Therapy Aide (Former Employee) –  Upland, CAMay 13, 2016
I loved the staff and the culture of the organization. Highly recommend working here. The entire organization is highly educated and works well as a team to meet the patient needs.
Pros
Flexible, pleasant staff
Nice small community hospital
RN (Former Employee) –  Upland, CASeptember 7, 2014
Small hospital, feels like home. Didn't feel like there was much room for advancement. Management has an approach of discipline rather than to appreciate the staff in order to acheive increased productivity. I left seeking more opportunity and to work for a place where life work balance are possible as well as advancement
Pros
nice nursing staff, small community
Cons
low pay, not eough appreciation/life work balance
Grew up with this Hospital. Worked their for many years. Enjoyed the community involvement.
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Upland, CaliforniaJanuary 16, 2015
I started this job as a part time admitting assistant, and advance my way up to Program Manager of a high volume Occupational Health Program. Collaborated with our Marketing team to introduce our services to many of the community employers. Developed specialized services to local police and fire department employers for their pre employment physicals and drug testing. Left this employer to advance my skills.
Pros
close to home, lots of community involvement.
Cons
exhausted my advancement opportunities.
San Antonio Hospital is a respected health care leader.
Nurse Educator (Former Employee) –  Upland, CADecember 4, 2014
I worked in multiple departments: PACU, SICU, CCU, Pre-Op Center, Day Care Surgery and Gastric Lab.
I always did hands on patient care and used the computer charting system. I learned how to triage my patients needs and manage my time.
I found management to be fair and supportive.
My co-workers were bright and capable.
The hardest part of my job was figuring out ways to teach my co-workers creatively.
The most enjoyable part of the job was assisting other nurses with their questions and meeting their needs.
I planned ways to educate my co-workers and provide the tools necessary for them to do their job in the most efficient manner.
Treatment by Supervisors
Dept. Secretary-Out Patient Services (Former Employee) –  Upland, CAJune 27, 2012
It was not a fun job. The management covered each other no matter if they were wrong or not. Management was not fair and didn't give the time to certain people. The co-workers were mean to one another. Some thought they were better than others including management.
benefits
Cons
treatment by staff.
Great environment and personnel to work with.
Rehabilitation Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Outpatient clinicMarch 7, 2015
San Antonio Community Hospital incorporates a diverse area of work for employees. The management is cooperative and hires employees that are teachable.
Fast-paced work environment with much to learn.
Customer Service/ Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Upland, CAMay 8, 2015
A great place to get first hand experience with many different skills and tasks. Working with a variety of different individuals allowed for my personality and communication skills shine.
Pros
Free lunch and coffee.
Cons
Not being able to help everyone!
Rn
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Upland, CAMay 22, 2013
Was a great place to work. The staff was friendly and worked well together. The company has gone through changes the last few years that has shifted the primary focus from providing the best care to saving money. It seems management now blames the staff instead of backing them up when appropriate. This is different from department to department. I hope they get back on track. I cant tell you how many patients i run into that complain about their care now as apposed to a few years ago. Its heart breaking.
Pros
good co-workers
Cons
no support
Volunteer services
Volunteer Pre-Op Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Upland, CAApril 2, 2015
Great people to work with! A pleasure assisting patients with their various needs. I truly believe that it could be a paying position, but instead they acquire the help from volunteers. All in all it was a rewarding experience.
Pros
$6 voucher for lunch at main hospital
Cons
No hourly wage, had to buy uniform and pay dues
Abusive Enviroment by Management
RN (Former Employee) –  Emergency DepartmentDecember 30, 2012
As a former ER RN at San Antonio Community Hospital (SACH) I would never recommend working at this institution. Like with any job the staff is hit and miss. You will find helpful, compassionate co-workers who are very professional and then you will find malicious co-workers who will lie, gossip and try creating trouble for you with your fellow co-workers and superiors. The true abuse of this institution however comes from management and directorship. Management will often give write ups based on prejudice and favoritism without any due process, investigation or objectiveness that all employees are entitled to. Furthermore the policies of this hospital are often very vague and often ignored and even broken by management in order to create an environment of overall control. Overwhelming assignments are often given to those who are not favorited and due to this institutions infatuation with numbers and profit, will often break JACHO standards, along with state and federal laws to maximize patient turnover. This often leads to an environment where the nurse is put into overwhelming and often unsafe situations, thus putting their license at risk, all the meanwhile assuming all responsibility with no management liability. When these practices are addressed, as I have seen numerous times, that Nurse is often harassed to an inhuman level. On the healthcare professional side, this hospital is ran more like a concentration camp under the control of a totalitarian regime than an actually productive and professional healthcare agency.
benefits
Cons
management
lab assistant
Mark Polley, Phlebotomist Lead (Former Employee) –  Upland, CAJanuary 8, 2014
worked as a Lab Assistant in all areas of the Lab and drew in all department . Am Run to mico bent and chem. and send out and aliquot spec. for testing and send outs.
also helped incoming call from MDs who needed results and ordered testing.
In mico I would plate specimens for testing and load the blood cultures for testing . In Hemo I would load controls and make slides for testing and run them . Also in Chem .
Pros
co workers
Cons
managment
loved the people i worked with very caring indivuduals
Senior Medi-cal Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Upland, CAFebruary 12, 2015
i wish the job was closer to home that was one of the reasons i decided to re-locate to another Hospital due to i was commuting 64 miles daily and after few years the commuting just got overwhelming . what i liked most about my work was
my Coordinator and Manager who i got along very well with and they were very supportive of my work ethics.
Pros
excellant lunch hours
Cons
not enough restaurants
Loved my job
Senior Radiology Clerk (Former Employee) –  Upland, CANovember 15, 2012
Even though I was a Senior Radiology Clerk, I learned alot about procedures being performed in our department. What I loved about translating is knowing the risks and benefits of produres. I loved my job! I love fast paced environment and this was definitely one :)
Pros
cafeteria

Comment – May 15, 2013

As an employee of the radiology department, I can say that this is not the way anyone feels. The director is a really mean person and the CEO of the hospital has ruined all of the good things about the hospital. Most current employees wished they worked somewhere else.

super place to work
Security officer (Former Employee) –  upland ,caMarch 7, 2012
I worked at S.A.C.H. for 8 years wonderful place to work Friendly out going employees, they work with you if possible, so you can attend school . Days off within reasonable notification never had any problems.
Pros
great employer, great pay, benifits
SACH values
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Upland, CADecember 31, 2012
Working at SACH includes teamwork and good, strong job values. I appreciate that management offers many opportunities to grow and have your suggestions heard.
Pros
good work enviornment
Cons
only hmo patients- bad for upcoming obama care
Good benefits
ANESTHESIA TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAJuly 29, 2013
When I started working here in 2005 it was a great place to work. Management was fair and cared about the employees. In the past 1 1/2 yrs it has changed and is not so employee friendly.
Cons
extream cutbacks
Great place to gain knowledge
Externship (Former Employee) –  Upland, CAJune 28, 2012
Good atmosphere, good place to gain experience and learn. Management will to provide employees with all tools.