San Antonio Community Hospital

San Antonio Community Hospital Employee Reviews

Fast-paced work environment with much to learn.
Customer Service/ Volunteer (Former Employee), Upland, CAMay 8, 2015
Pros: Free lunch and coffee.
Cons: Not being able to help everyone!
A great place to get first hand experience with many different skills and tasks. Working with a variety of different individuals allowed for my personality and communication skills shine.
Volunteer services
Volunteer Pre-Op Medical Receptionist (Former Employee), Upland, CAApril 2, 2015
Pros: $6 voucher for lunch at main hospital
Cons: No hourly wage, had to buy uniform and pay dues
Great people to work with! A pleasure assisting patients with their various needs. I truly believe that it could be a paying position, but instead they acquire the help from volunteers. All in all it was a rewarding experience.
It's ok
Emergency Registration Clerk (Current Employee), Upland, CAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: co-workers, employee appreciation week once a year
Cons: no breaks (even if they are mandatory good luck), co-workers, management, the pay
I've been working here for 3 years now and the only advancement I've had was being a temp to a full time employee. I've tried to move up and they "encourage" it but if your department needs it, the chances of you moving up are very slim. It's flattering but kinda sucks. If you work office hours, you have to use your PTO to pay for holidays IF you want them to get paid, if you work in the hospital, unless you find someone to trade a holiday shift with you, you're mandated to work it. The pay isn't the best, you work so much and get paid so little. They say the pay is competitive but I don't really see that when I make $15/hr for a multitude of jobs that I do but that's what the per diems make as well. I have 10 years experience.

The people I work with are for the most part nice, of course women are catty and always want to be the HBIC (Head B**ch In Charge) but if you learn to ignore them and just do you, they eventually back off.

I do like my job dont get me wrong but there's no appreciation and you always feel you're gonna be fired it feels like.
Great environment and personnel to work with.
Rehabilitation Volunteer (Former Employee), Outpatient clinicMarch 7, 2015
San Antonio Community Hospital incorporates a diverse area of work for employees. The management is cooperative and hires employees that are teachable.
loved the people i worked with very caring indivuduals
Senior Medi-cal Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Upland, CAFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: excellant lunch hours
Cons: not enough restaurants
i wish the job was closer to home that was one of the reasons i decided to re-locate to another Hospital due to i was commuting 64 miles daily and after few years the commuting just got overwhelming . what i liked most about my work was
my Coordinator and Manager who i got along very well with and they were very supportive of my work ethics.
Grew up with this Hospital. Worked their for many years. Enjoyed the community involvement.
Program Manager (Former Employee), Upland, CaliforniaJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: close to home, lots of community involvement.
Cons: exhausted my advancement opportunities.
I started this job as a part time admitting assistant, and advance my way up to Program Manager of a high volume Occupational Health Program. Collaborated with our Marketing team to introduce our services to many of the community employers. Developed specialized services to local police and fire department employers for their pre employment physicals and drug testing. Left this employer to advance my skills.
San Antonio Hospital is a respected health care leader.
Nurse Educator (Former Employee), Upland, CADecember 4, 2014
I worked in multiple departments: PACU, SICU, CCU, Pre-Op Center, Day Care Surgery and Gastric Lab.
I always did hands on patient care and used the computer charting system. I learned how to triage my patients needs and manage my time.
I found management to be fair and supportive.
My co-workers were bright and capable.
The hardest part of my job was figuring out ways to teach my co-workers creatively.
The most enjoyable part of the job was assisting other nurses with their questions and meeting their needs.
I planned ways to educate my co-workers and provide the tools necessary for them to do their job in the most efficient manner.
Good team to work with in the Social Services and Case Management Department
Clinical Social Worker (Current Employee), Upland, CANovember 11, 2014
Pros: friendly and supportive staff
Cons: too often poor communication
Enjoyed my work at SACH and several other facilities in the past. Each had it's plusses and minuses, but for the most part plus.
Worst place ever to work at
Cna (Former Employee), Upland caSeptember 14, 2014
It has the worst mangement ever I was a cna there for three weeks and quit. The don is the worst lazy rn and cna and some cna don't even have there certificate they let them still work. Stay away bad place. Cna are forced to work out of scope of practice.
Nice small community hospital
RN (Former Employee), Upland, CASeptember 7, 2014
Pros: nice nursing staff, small community
Cons: low pay, not eough appreciation/life work balance
Small hospital, feels like home. Didn't feel like there was much room for advancement. Management has an approach of discipline rather than to appreciate the staff in order to acheive increased productivity. I left seeking more opportunity and to work for a place where life work balance are possible as well as advancement
I Love my Hospital and the Teamwork there
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Upland, CASeptember 5, 2014
Working in the ER is definitely not easy. I meet and treat up to 15 patients a night based on their critical status and priority of care. I have learned so much in my time in the ER and love the teamwork that me and my coworkers share. I would recommend this hospital to anyone looking for a new grad RN job, they do a great job training their brand new RNs!
Great staff and productive work environment.
Emergency Department Technician (Former Employee), Upland, CAAugust 27, 2014
My overall experience at San Antonio was wonderful. I was sad to leave. Unfortunately the emergency room isn't for everyone. I've decided to look else where.
lab assistant
Mark Polley, Phlebotomist Lead (Former Employee), Upland, CAJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: co workers
Cons: managment
worked as a Lab Assistant in all areas of the Lab and drew in all department . Am Run to mico bent and chem. and send out and aliquot spec. for testing and send outs.
also helped incoming call from MDs who needed results and ordered testing.
In mico I would plate specimens for testing and load the blood cultures for testing . In Hemo I would load controls and make slides for testing and run them . Also in Chem .
Fun workplace
Diet Technician, Registered (Former Employee), Upland, CAJanuary 7, 2014
Not very flexible in terms of hours, but very good staff, so it is worth it.

ssss
aaaa
bbb
55tt
A very nice place to work
Radiology Assistant (Current Employee), Upland, CADecember 28, 2013
I enjoy working for SACH because it is a small hospital in our town. You get to know your patients and they get to know you. It makes you feel really good that you are helping people in your town. The co workers I work with are great and very helpful. The hardest part of the job is leaving at night because I want to be there for everyone.
Great place for new grads
Emergency Dept Nurse (Current Employee), Upland, CAOctober 22, 2013
SACH emergency department is a great place for new grads, there is a 6-month training period.
Never a dull day at the office
Security Officer (Current Employee), Upland, CAOctober 21, 2013
Depending on the post that I assigned my daily activities can range from interior to exterior patrol (including detex key rounds), working in the Emergency Department (so many different types of people on that post) as well as covering the PBX operators on occasion.
Good benefits
ANESTHESIA TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Rancho Cucamonga, CAJuly 29, 2013
Cons: extream cutbacks
When I started working here in 2005 it was a great place to work. Management was fair and cared about the employees. In the past 1 1/2 yrs it has changed and is not so employee friendly.
Stressful but okay job
Med Surg Unit Coordinator (Former Employee), Upland, CAJune 27, 2013
Answered phones, put in doctors orders, responded to call lights. Management good, coworkers mostly good.
Nice place to work
Monitor Tech/Unit Coordinator (Current Employee), Upland, CAJune 14, 2013
Overall the 10 years I have been there it has been a great place to work.

San Antonio Community Hospital Salaries