San Antonio Community Hospital Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Busy Employer
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Upland, CAJanuary 7, 2014
Wonderful employer. Real Estate market was uneventful. This field of work had no future for me and was not what I anticipated.
A very nice place to work
Radiology Assistant (Current Employee) –  Upland, CADecember 28, 2013
I enjoy working for SACH because it is a small hospital in our town. You get to know your patients and they get to know you. It makes you feel really good that you are helping people in your town. The co workers I work with are great and very helpful. The hardest part of the job is leaving at night because I want to be there for everyone.
Great place for new grads
Emergency Dept Nurse (Current Employee) –  Upland, CAOctober 22, 2013
SACH emergency department is a great place for new grads, there is a 6-month training period.
Never a dull day at the office
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Upland, CAOctober 21, 2013
Depending on the post that I assigned my daily activities can range from interior to exterior patrol (including detex key rounds), working in the Emergency Department (so many different types of people on that post) as well as covering the PBX operators on occasion.
Good benefits
ANESTHESIA TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAJuly 29, 2013
When I started working here in 2005 it was a great place to work. Management was fair and cared about the employees. In the past 1 1/2 yrs it has changed and is not so employee friendly.
Cons
Extream cutbacks
Stressful but okay job
Med Surg Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Upland, CAJune 27, 2013
Answered phones, put in doctors orders, responded to call lights. Management good, coworkers mostly good.
Nice place to work
Monitor Tech/Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Upland, CAJune 14, 2013
Overall the 10 years I have been there it has been a great place to work.
Rn
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Upland, CAMay 22, 2013
Was a great place to work. The staff was friendly and worked well together. The company has gone through changes the last few years that has shifted the primary focus from providing the best care to saving money. It seems management now blames the staff instead of backing them up when appropriate. This is different from department to department. I hope they get back on track. I cant tell you how many patients i run into that complain about their care now as apposed to a few years ago. Its heart breaking.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
No support
Productive in working as a team.
In-Charge relief Therapist RRT, CRTT (Former Employee) –  Upland, CAJanuary 16, 2013
This Hospital had the potential to offer further education to keep the therapist in knowledge of the most advanced Respiratory Eduation.
Pros
team work
Cons
work loads extremly high at times
SACH values
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Upland, CADecember 31, 2012
Working at SACH includes teamwork and good, strong job values. I appreciate that management offers many opportunities to grow and have your suggestions heard.
Pros
good work enviornment
Cons
only hmo patients- bad for upcoming obama care
Abusive Enviroment by Management
RN (Former Employee) –  Emergency DepartmentDecember 30, 2012
As a former ER RN at San Antonio Community Hospital (SACH) I would never recommend working at this institution. Like with any job the staff is hit and miss. You will find helpful, compassionate co-workers who are very professional and then you will find malicious co-workers who will lie, gossip and try creating trouble for you with your fellow co-workers and superiors. The true abuse of this institution however comes from management and directorship. Management will often give write ups based on prejudice and favoritism without any due process, investigation or objectiveness that all employees are entitled to. Furthermore the policies of this hospital are often very vague and often ignored and even broken by management in order to create an environment of overall control. Overwhelming assignments are often given to those who are not favorited and due to this institutions infatuation with numbers and profit, will often break JACHO standards, along with state and federal laws to maximize patient turnover. This often leads to an environment where the nurse is put into overwhelming and often unsafe situations, thus putting their license at risk, all the meanwhile assuming all responsibility with no management liability. When these practices are addressed, as I have seen numerous times, that Nurse is often harassed to an inhuman level. On the healthcare professional side, this hospital is ran more like a concentration camp under the control of a totalitarian regime than an actually productive and professional healthcare agency.
benefits
Cons
management
Loved my job
Senior Radiology Clerk (Former Employee) –  Upland, CANovember 15, 2012
Even though I was a Senior Radiology Clerk, I learned alot about procedures being performed in our department. What I loved about translating is knowing the risks and benefits of produres. I loved my job! I love fast paced environment and this was definitely one :)
Pros
cafeteria
dont do it
Medical Assistant (Front and Back Office) (Former Employee) –  Upland, CANovember 8, 2012
i did not enjoy my time with this company i felt little to no respect and no one wants to be there. money hungry and lazy was my experience. if you care to practice medicine i would not recommend this place as employer.
Productive and fun
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Upland, CANovember 7, 2012
I have learned so much being on a telemetry floor. My co-workers are amazing and there is so much teamwork (especially at night)!
Community Hospital
Emergency Department Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Upland, CASeptember 18, 2012
Great place to work. Smaller than a county hospital, they give individualized care to every patient. They have enough staff on a shift which makes working there pleasant. They promote from within, and keep staff up to date with timely training, offering on- site CPR and other programs. If I didn't relocate, I'd still be working with these kind, professional people providing excellent care.
Pros
great sense of community
Great place to gain knowledge
Externship (Former Employee) –  Upland, CAJune 28, 2012
Good atmosphere, good place to gain experience and learn. Management will to provide employees with all tools.
Treatment by Supervisors
Dept. Secretary-Out Patient Services (Former Employee) –  Upland, CAJune 27, 2012
It was not a fun job. The management covered each other no matter if they were wrong or not. Management was not fair and didn't give the time to certain people. The co-workers were mean to one another. Some thought they were better than others including management.
benefits
Cons
treatment by staff.
A day of fun
Hospital Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Upland, CAMay 12, 2012
Working with SACH was a positive learning experience. It helped me to balance my mental health background with a hospital social worker position. I also enjoyed working within an interdisciplinary team to help patients and their families. I enjoyed being an advocate for patients.
enjoyable place to work
client service rep (Former Employee) –  upland califMay 7, 2012
dealing with people challenging and fulfilling
helping doctors and offices fulfilling reporting test results heavy phes a plus nothing i did not like i had to relocate after 17 yrs at hospital
Pros
lunch discount
Cons
lot of fires to put out but profitable
super place to work
Security officer (Former Employee) –  upland ,caMarch 7, 2012
I worked at S.A.C.H. for 8 years wonderful place to work Friendly out going employees, they work with you if possible, so you can attend school . Days off within reasonable notification never had any problems.
Pros
great employer, great pay, benifits