SAN ANTONIO FOOD BANK Employee Reviews in United States

Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 22, 2016
Love this organization and the President is amazing. He treats all his employees like family. Great benefits and get place to work.
Pros
Excellent leadership
Cons
Some management play favortism
Safb
Assist clients (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 15, 2016
If you are going to work for the Food Bank, know that you will be there alot and once a month you are required to attend meetings at 7am EVERY MONTH. Most employees are salary and they take advantage of that. I would go in from 10am and often stayed till 8pm M-F and even told to work Saturdays just to get their numbers up on applications for state benefits. The Food Bank is time consuming too much for me..I missed my kids and overall was not worth it.
Fighting Hunger
Inventory Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio TexasMay 6, 2015
This is a really good company to work for our mission is very fulfilling knowing that you help feed many people on a daily is a good thing to have on your mind when the day has been hectic and rough.
Cons
No room for advancement
It;s not what you know, but it's who you know(Erika)
Not a friend or family member of Erika (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 10, 2015
@ the San Antonio Food Bank, it's not what you know but who you know.
If you are friends or a family member of the COO you will have a position with the SAFB even if you have no previous knowledge of the position.
The SAFB provides a very needed service to the community and thousands of families have food on the table because of the SAFB. BUT when the supply out numbers the demand in order to meet government requirements to maintain funding, donations are often delivered to a very undeserving location, Dominguez State Jail.

The salaries offered at the SAFB are way below the average for the positions the offer.
Pros
Feeds the community
Cons
Pay is well below average
Wonderful place to grow and get experience.
Client Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 31, 2014
My typical day at work consists of me basically coming in and being of use to anyone who may need me as well as completing my job as a Client Service Specialist. I also learn something new just about everyday which is a surprise to me because I've never worked for a company like this before. There are some downsides unfortunately, in my department, and they all concern our management team which our director insists is improving, but so far we're not seeing anything significant. Other than that, lovely, generous, and helpful bunch of people.
Great Job
Food Stocker (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 21, 2013
Like any other job in the ware housing Category. The hours work a week around 35. They have a great training course , you will know what to do fast.
Pros
free food
Cons
fast paced enviroment
Place where gave me the opportunity to expand my learning
Intern at the Nutrition Department (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 24, 2013
I would get to the office and check what was needed to be done, then later in the day after finishing office work such as creating nutritional handout, I prepared nutrition classes that were given to the people who were at the Food Bank or I will go to the places where classes were going to be perform.
I had a very good relationship with Nutrition team
Hardest part of the job was fighting the fear of talking in front of people for after a while I felt very confident.
Very Productive and Careing for Families,Individuals, and Agencies careing for their communities.
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 10, 2012
Starting the day with a few semi-trucks to unload while, at the same time helping our drivers to get on the road to deliver food within the community and counties. Love your neighbors as you would love yourselve. Management has the heart to understand your needs, whether at work or home,especially our CEO. My co-workers are usually working always as a team to represent the company in "Fighting Hunger" across southwest Texas,and within our community. There is no hard part of the job,if,you are working with God's Loving Spirit in you. To me the enjoying part of my job, is to thank God for His help for the needy,and knowing that families will not go hungry today.

2.9