SAN ANTONIO HOUSING AUTHORITY Employee Reviews

poor management, bad pay
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 19, 2017
Management has no people skills, lots of unethical behavior.

Inappropriate relationships between employees as well employees and residents.

Central office employees have no tact when dealing with field office employees. Accounting department delegates accounting work to field offices.
Pros
Cons
pay, management
Fun and flexible schedule
Administrative Specialist II (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 5, 2017
Great place to work and my co-workers are great. Benefits are good, but wages could be better. Everyone is nice and willing to help if you have any questions.
Rewarding
Senior Secretary (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 21, 2017
The workplace was nice, people were great except one person but she is gone now. Learned about housing and assisting people in finding them a home to become self sufficient.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Low Salary
Fast Paced
Administrative Specialist II (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 3, 2017
Fast paced organization that offers GREAT Housing assistance to the public. Public Need is GREAT, and also encourages employees to further education.
Pros
GREAT Location
plenty of work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 15, 2016
okay place to work. great retirement package. great hours to work and the location is great..................................................................
nothing else to say
Pros
never a dull moment.
Cons
understaffed, have to work 4 or 5 other jobs beside the one you were hired for.
Best company
Community Coach (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 28, 2016
This is a great company and it comes with wonderful job opportunities and training that would prepared you for your future employment or just a well pay job.
I would never go back!
Housing Assistance Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 26, 2016
Management is horrible, case load is ridiculous, landlord and tenants clearly runs the show and what is offered as wages is a complete joke!
Pros
Absolutely NOTHING
Cons
This entire place is a joke, HUD should do a re-evaluation on this housing department because it is a horrible place to work
Poor Leadership
EDUCATION INVESTMENT FOUNDATION COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 27, 2016
Unorganized leadership and tense office culture make this place difficult to handle. Every day feels like extreme mania. Communication between staff and management at director level is poor. Salaried staff may work 60 hours per week to keep heads above water.
Pros
creative liberty and growth opportunities
Cons
mania
needs further improvements.
Maintenance Technician I (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 1, 2016
Unfortunately this company was based upon the people you knew and not based on your work skills and knowledge. Having proper tools to perform job requirements.
Development Department
Employee (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 23, 2016
The Development Department (new construction) is a great place to work. There are weekly meetings with input from all the staff. Management allows flexibility in work schedule when the need arises. The retirement package is wonderful.

They pay for training and seminars. This is great for career development.
Pros
Retirement, Opportunity to learn new skills.
Cons
Lack of job openings
Management needs audit
Certified Housing Assistance Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 8, 2016
The turn over rate is so high because policy does not match procedure, staff is under paid and over worked, management is in an ivory tower.
Pros
Cheap medical benefits
Cons
Pay, work load, procedures
administrative assistant
administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 18, 2015
I would typically answer phones about any available apartment we have and/or about to have. I would fax, scan, and copy forms needed in lease agreements. preforming walk threw/ inspections on apartment, as well as renewing leases.
Pros
great working experance
Cons
part-time
enjoyable job to have to get to watch all type of animals
Provider (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 18, 2015
i worked at the penguin exhibit ,was amazing to see the kids imprecation when they get to meet the penguins, as a cashier i got to wrap gifts and meet people from all over around the world ,i was so happy to use use my second languages (Arabic )to help customer with their question
.in the beginning was default for me to handle the register because it was my first job but im glad to have an amazing staff that they helped me and showed me how work things out at the exhibit .
Great Benefits
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 9, 2015
I have a heart for people, I am very compassionate, caring and for the most part I believe in team building and teamwork. Setting goals for the community and for staff .Management is at times a very challenging, but never have I not reached a set goal in the 5 years I have been in public housing.
Pros
I love people, this is a place to work if that is where your heart is.
Cons
Leadership
I love property management
Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 1, 2015
I have a heart for people, I am very compassionate, caring and for the most part I believe in team building and team work. Setting goals for the communities I manage is at times a challenge, but never have I not reached a set goal.
Pros
SAHA has great benifits
Cons
Leadership is not what I desire within SAHA
Being able to assit families and individuals in finding them a place they could call home was very rewarding.
Apartment Building and Housing Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 4, 2015
Meeting people and helping them meet their needs, sometimes in difficult situations, was a good feeling knowing that not only did they received a quality home, but peace of mind that they were going to be taken care of in the future.
IT department maintains large LAN and city wide WAN
Telecommunications Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 17, 2015
The Department has undergone a complete network overhaul during my tenure. From 10mgb LAN mainframe data network and analog telephone systems to state of the art systems and city wide VOIP system.
Pros
Excellent retirement plan and matching funds
Good Environment, Great Opportunities, Less Than Mediocre Fullfillment
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio TxMay 21, 2015
Temp to hire possibility is a slim shot. The company has great opportunities but the HR department does not do a good job at fulfilling opportunity with availability, the process seems tedious and tiresome for the hiring party and the candidate. Great place to expand your horizons and connect to some great people.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Horrible Processes, Revolving Door
Service to the community is my passion
Temp Assignment (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 30, 2015
Great agency and great opportunity! I have loved the freedom to service as I see fit and connect with many players in the community. The churches was the hardest people to encourage to service those in need.
Pros
Connecting with agencies and people with the same passion
Cons
compensation is slow and based on funding
a porter is just another word for maintenance Man Helper
Porter (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 22, 2015
The Porter position i had was great.I loved helping other people and getting a chance to know the customer...Making sure they are satisfied was our main concern,,,,I believe being a porter is a great job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SAN ANTONIO HOUSING AUTHORITY. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval