San Antonio ISD Employee Reviews

productive job
Special Ed Dept Clerk (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 23, 2017
verifying students, calling schools, making sure that all documents are in the students folders so when there is a meeting on the students the teachers would have the info.
Enjoyable
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 3, 2017
I don't necessarily enjoy being in the SAISD schools, because there is no consistency. I never have the same welcoming arms by staff or students as I do at the other district I sub in.
Excellence in Education
Implementation Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 17, 2017
A great organization to work for and many opportunities to grow and service the public. Good people to work with. I developed many lasting and great relationships with many people. It is great.
Challenging environment
Special Education Teacher: Autism (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 1, 2016
Numerous challenges present themselves in this district: disorganization, apathetic staff, discord within administration and general apathy and/or negativity. The pay is great, but it is easy to feel burnt out.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Negativity and work setting
Excellant workplace good work culture
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 1, 2016
Long hours but good compensation for work done. Off all holidays . equipment well maintained. Safety is at the top of all work
Pros
Excellent equipment, uniforms weekends off
Cons
Long hours if working nights
Better retirement possiblities
High School Social StudiesTeacher (retiring) (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 2, 2016
One of the few remaining Tx school dists that pays into both Social Security and Teacher Retirement Two-check possiblity
Highlands High School Social Studies Teacher
Social Studies Specialist, The Learning Lab (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 18, 2016
San Antonio ISD offered me the opportunity to complete my previous teaching career in an inner city school with the ability to work with diverse students and faculty. The diverse socioeconomic level of the students attending the school was a challenge.
Pros
SAISD offered many opportunities for professional growth.
Cons
The commute to and from school was difficult
Urban School District Experience
TEACHER TWAIN MIDDLE SCHOOL (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 9, 2016
Overall, my experience working in San Antonio Independent School District was positive. The district has many initiatives in place to help the success of their students and families.
Teaching and Mentoring children about living healthy lives
Physical Education Teacher (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 28, 2016
My daily routine at work is filled with constant multi-tasking. I have guidelines to follow, but how I present what I teach is independently created by myself. I have co-worker that I co-teach with and we work very well together. The hardest part about my job is not being to do everything that I can for my students. There are many times that I wish I could do more to help them, but time and money constrictions limit this.
SAISD is a great place to work for
Data Clerk IV (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 25, 2016
SAISD has a variety of positions and has alot to offer. They have great benefits and they have an awesome retirement plan.
Favoritism
Middle School Teacher (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 28, 2015
Only some teachers performed the extra duties like monitoring the students before school and at breakfast. At times, there was no staff member around. I enjoyed working with my team and my students were unique. I asked for the slow achieving, problem students and after the first six weeks the majority were doing all of their work. Soon, my students were surpassing the rest of their classmates in grades and behavior.
Pros
Enthusiastic students
Cons
Administrators who played favorites
A great school district that actually supports the fine arts!
Jefferson High School Technical Theatre Instructor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 12, 2015
There is so much tradition and pride at my high school that, even though I've only been working there three years, I feel like I've worked there since I started teaching 15 + years ago.

The administration is kind and respectful and my co workers are helpful and supportive as well!
Great experience; challenging and enjoyable
Educational Diagnostician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 13, 2014
I began my work day an hour early each day to get a jump on the massive work load. It has been a very enjoyable career and I am ready for a new career. Vast experiences as an educational diagnostician should enhance my new career.
Pros
The people I worked with: principals, teachers, students, and parents.
Cons
I worked long hard hours yet the IN BOX was always full.
Not for everybody
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 21, 2014
Just not the right amount of hours. Bosses are hard. Employee turn over is Bad.
Teaching young children and watching them grow academically was always rewarding.
Former Educator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 14, 2014
A typical day at work began with breakfast in the classroom followed by our first story read aloud. when students wanted to answer ask or simply make comments they raised their hands and wait to be called upon. They simply waited their turn. This method was used the entire day. Soon after we would go to PE. The assigned line leader and door holder would quickly go to their assigned areas and the students would be called by me to line up one table at a time. The day was managed with established rules and procedures. The most enjoyable part of the day was recess. At this time I was able to talk with the other teachers and the students had a lot of fun while enjoying nature. The most difficult part of the day was the end of the day when I was really tired and still had a lot of work to do. I normally worked outside of normal work hours.
Pros
Watching the children grow academically was very rewarding.
Cons
I sometimes worked extremely long hours to meet the demands of paperwork by the school district.
Typical Urban District
Academic Coordinating Teacher (ACT) (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 26, 2014
San Antonio is a remarkable district. Its history leads to it being an extremely unique urban district, while its achievements and challenges lead to its typical reputation as a suffering district in the state. It has tremendous potential, but bureaucracy holds it back.
good benefits; great co-workers; LOUSY MANAGEMENT
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  TransportationJanuary 9, 2014
You have to love kids and have patience; co-workers are great; benefits are good; buses have a/c and heating and most of them are now 2009 and up with an exception of a couple of buses that are about 20yrs old. They are working on replacing all of them! Mechanics are great! Our training could use improvement. We could also use raises every year, even if a little. We get uniforms, but they usually come on their way in a turtle! Working with the special needs children is a great experience. My typical day is about 5 to 6 hours and usually I have to ask for extra work to make up the difference for my 40 hours. There is a totalizer or equalizer, which in my opinion does'nt do any good, because if it was a fair thing to use, then everyone would be entitled to see how fair this program really is and the dispatchers who usually look the other way, wouldn't even attempt to give some drivers who are well over their 40 hours per week anymore extra work, and not cut-off some of the drivers that actually want to work some of that work. They also try to force you to work even if you dont ask for work, i mean if you are retired or on a income restriction then you already know how much you can make. BEWARE, its not all that they say when being interviewed. Don't get me wrong I love my job, its just MANAGEMENT THAT DOES'NT DO A GOOD JOB! I GIVE THEM A GRADE SCORE OF D-. MAYBE SOMEONE SHOULD ASK WHY WE HAVE A HIGH TURN AROUND OF EMPLOYMENT IN THE TRANSPORTATION DEPARTMENT. We could use unemployment during the summer and during the holidays we should be able to work in other departments.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Management, too many Chiefs with many changes all the time; NOT enough hours in a pay period, too many family members working together; too much favoritism! NO UNEMPLOYMENT OR NO PAY IN SUMMER
good work place
Custodian (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 10, 2013
nice place to work, good benefits and hours.
Working with a team made it easy
Accountant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 26, 2013
I enjoy the people I work with and the flexibility of working as a team.
Pros
The work environment is great
Large Urban School District with great potential
Communications Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 17, 2013
For the past 30 years suburban flight and diminished total population. With renewed interest by the city into urban relocation the population totals has shown some stabilzing. With the right administration and upper level staff the district has great potential to return to is past glory.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at San Antonio ISD. Our community is ready to answer.

San Antonio ISD Reviews by Location