San Antonio Lighthouse for the Blind Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
An eye opening for sure, worked with really good people. ( Blind )
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 24, 2013
Really good place to work/ Can't say to much for upper management. //// Although I had hoped to retire from The Lighthouse,I felt that I was kept at a lower standard because I AM Sighted. I understand that the Lighthouse is there to help the blind but they really need to take care of sighted employees as well. I worked hard and I thank my supervisors and ture friends that got me through. Things need to change, but over all I love The Lighthouse for The Blind... I wish everyone there well. Thank You...........
Pros
great benifits
Cons
not really concerned with there sighted employees, we count too....
Great Environment
Customer Support Liaison-Individual Equipment Lead (Current Employee) –  Lackland AFB, TXSeptember 10, 2015
This company is truly a family environment. They have very motivated employees and managers that strive to see their employees succeed and advance. There is more consideration put to the visually impaired than to sited employees, but that is to be expected. If you work at one of the Base Supply Centers expected to have a job environment that is similar to a military job. If you work in corporate it is a more relaxed environment.
S.A. Lighthouse for the Blind has many inspiring blind employees.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 21, 2014
I am thankful for the job opportunity at the San Antonio Lighthouse for the Blind as the Rehab Administrative Assistant coming out of Southern Careers with my Accounting certification Dec. 2012.

I too have a son with challenges ... he is deaf and majority of my coworkers are blind at the Lighthouse. However, I am learning about both worlds and different resources along with using my accounting skills.
Pros
I have inspiring blind coworkers.
Cons
Job cuts; non profit organization so looking at future for myself and family.
Learned a lot about how a post office runs
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 12, 2012
It was challenging at times. I learned how to operate a small Post Office. Management trusted me to be in charge. I had one other person to help run this establishment and she was considered legally blind. She was amazing and didn't let her disease dictate who she was. The hardest part of the job was preparing for inventory by myself. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with an incredible person.
Pros
enjoyable people to serve, learned a lot about the post office
Cons
no lunch break
A productive place to work.
Receiver/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXNovember 24, 2014
I would receive trucks from daily shipments, and call on orders that have not come in. Management there was so so. Working with the Soldiers was a great bonus. Helping them get the things they would need for deployment was a great feeling
Enjoyed working with the disability employees
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 20, 2014
Reviewed the daily production requirement, updated payroll,timed production, called maintance when required, checked quality of products and handled any issues with employees. I learned patientce working with the blind employees. I also enjoyed working with my co-workers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at San Antonio Lighthouse for the Blind. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3