San Antonio Military Medical Center Employee Reviews

SAMMC Great Place To Learn.....
Nurse Clinical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Sam Houston, TXApril 13, 2017
Great Place to Work to get lots of experience, I very satisfied what I learn during my 14years,Working in different departments gave me that experiences I had today, the Knowledge, Courage to Help my Patient Every Day.
Depending on who you know is the only way you get to the top
Contract Housekeeping Support Staff (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 28, 2017
The management staff of the department I currently work in is unorganized, and there is a huge lack in communication with staff and many employees here.
Great place to learn
Respiratory Therapist (Clinical Student) (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 6, 2017
I studied to be a respiratory therapist here and provided the best training I could possibly asked for. It was a great environment for myself and my family.
Great Military Life style
Manager, Pulmonary Services Department (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 7, 2017
Great joint base. You will never have another military facility operating at this level of complexity. I highly recommend every military medical member to be assigned here at least once.
Productive allways.
CHARGE NURSE/CLINICAL STAFF NURSE (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 6, 2017
This is a great place to work love the people and environment. It will always be home for me. Great experience. Pays very well.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Lots of hours.
Amazing workplace with the best employees anyone can find!
AEROSPACE MEDICAL TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 16, 2017
A typical day in the emergency department would be to stock the patients rooms, take blood/urine samples, and provide patient care.
Busy work day with 8 patients
Clinical Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 8, 2015
Work place is busy as always. Staff and Management all work as team to get the job done. Management is very supportive when it comes to personal goals and taking care of yourself and family. I learn that taking being a patient advocate is this 99.5% of my job. The hardest part of my job is seeing a patient I have become attached to leave to a better place. The most enjoyable part of they job is the staff a work with.
Pros
no much atonomy
Cons
short lunchs
Large DoD Hospital with amazing teaching staff
Pediatric Chief Resident/Staff Pediatrician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 6, 2015
This hospital was a joy to work at. The Pediatric GME program was amazingly supportive and the patient population was a joy to work with.
Flagship of Army Medicine
Occupational Health Advisor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 3, 2015
Customer-service oriented and high standards, but that means long hours and a lot of time on paperwork and administration. The parking garage and DFACs are nice, though.
Pros
24-hour hot food access and parking garage
Cons
Difficult to maintain work-life balance
Texas
NCOIC of General Pediatrics Clinic (Former Employee) –  Fort Sam Houston, TXJuly 22, 2015
Great location to live, work and play. Family friendly city. This company continues to grow. Great place to learn. Hours were great.
Great People, Lousy Leadership
Diet Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 9, 2015
I worked here for a little over 5 years. The people who stayed and actually knew the job were great. The job itself was great, I enjoyed it very much. The new people who came in a took over in leadership positions, not so much. It was frustrating trying to give advice and no one would listen. The job's not hard but dealing with thick skulls all day long wears you out. I learned a lot about my job and how leadership isn't suppose to act. I learned to listen to others and take advice from the people around me and I learned a lot from my co-workers who have stuck through everything.
Sammc
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 27, 2015
Excellent learning environment which provides exams/patients and studies you wont ever see in your career.
Great Place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 7, 2015
Lots of people to help and support. so many rooms to have going, you always leave on time and never have to stay late most of the time. No call.
Great place to work with the heros of our nation.
GI Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 11, 2014
Great place to work with great people. The staff and fellows are great too. Great benefits and a great way to advance in your career. It is a hard job with lots of stress, but well worth it. Because it is a learning hospital, there are many new doctors to work with. They make the day fun and interesting. I enjoyed everyone.
Pros
Pay, advancement
Cons
traffic, parking
Great
Gastrointestinal Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Sam Houston, TXDecember 2, 2014
You get mix from 3 great branches. Its the number 1 burn facility
Great facility to work with positive workplace culture.
Charge Nurse (RN) Surgical Intermediate Care Unit (Current Employee) –  Fort Sam Houston, TXOctober 16, 2014
We are a level I trauma center and we provide services to US military families and the community. Very busy and fast pace work environment. As a charge nurse, I learned leadership skills and superior decision making skills in relation to patient safety. Staff are very friendly and they encourage collaborative care. The hardest part of my job is taking care of wounded veterans returning from wars. You can't help but feel very sorry for them because of their sacrifices to our country. Most enjoyable part of my job is working with interns and residents. We are a teaching hospital for military medical students.
Pros
great food
Cons
short breaks
High volume workplace many valuable skills learned.
Intensive Care Unit Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 2, 2014
Level 1 Trauma Center. I was able to learn at a high speed pace and obtain skills i would not have in other hospitals. Morale of the hospital was great.
Nice place to work if you don't mind being micromanaged
Surgical Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TxAugust 20, 2014
Typical day is busy

I learned how to manage people

Management isn't bad as long as you do your work

Co-workers are nice

Hardest part of my job was being burnt out at the end of the day

The most enjoyable part of my job was working hand in hand with the operating room
Social Work Internship Program (Current Employee) –  Fort Sam Houston, San Antonio TexasJune 20, 2014
I am gaining a lot of experience learning and using different treatment modalities.
Pros
learning differnt modalities
Productive Workplace with great employees
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 17, 2013
SAMMC is a great place to work. I love the environment, the people and the positive vibes that this place eludes.
Pros
Great patients and coworkers
Cons
N/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at San Antonio Military Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5