San Antonio Military Medical Center

San Antonio Military Medical Center Employer Reviews

Productive Workplace with great employees
Staff Nurse (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXDecember 17, 2013
Pros: great patients and coworkers
Cons: n/a
SAMMC is a great place to work. I love the environment, the people and the positive vibes that this place eludes.
Government Employment
Medical Logistics Specialist (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXNovember 6, 2013
A great place to work and to help the wounded warriors. It is fulfilling and it is a constantly changing arena so I am constantly learning and applying new things
fun place to work as well as learn
Medical Assistant/ CNA (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 22, 2013
Pros: learning hospital
Cons: no recognition for medical assistants
Military Hospital is a good place to work, workers and patients are very friendly.
SAMMC, one of the most revered military hosptials
SPD Technician (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 25, 2013
Pros: loyalty, duty, respect, selfless-service, honor, intigrity, personal-courage
Cons: furlough
The most rewarding thing about my job is knowing that I am directly helping a patient. I put utmost care in every aspect of my job from putting a set together for major surgery or as simple as updating a count sheet. I am extremely proud to work at a Level I hospital that truly cares about every individual patient that comes through our doors.
Honor to work with military families
Lactation Consultant (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 27, 2013
Pros: great cafeteria food and an hour lunch
The day starts with morning rounds in the Pospartum unit with a huddle every morning to share important imformation about the patient.
Great management and staff support, dedicated nurses and doctors.
Regular Work Day
Administrative Assistant III Logistics Division (Current Employee), Fort Sam Houston, TXJanuary 9, 2013
Pros: flexiable work schedule
Cons: parking and morning traffic
Assists the Department Chief of Environmental Services with administrative duties and office management.
Maintains both e-mail and mail correspondence
Compose confidential and routine correspondence
Answer and disseminate all incoming phone calls in a professional and courteous manner.
Maintains appointment calendar for the Chief
Sets up conference – more... rooms for meetings,
Prepares agenda and minutes for all board meetings.
Maintains stock of office supplies. Order supplies through and process purchase request 1176 forms through General Fund Enterprise Business System, (GFEBS) and AMEDD Electronic Forms Support System (AEFESS).
Ensures office equipment is maintained
Completes various projects assigned by the Chief.
employee background checks attend housekeeping contract meetings
Assists Chief of Environmental Safety with advising commanders at all levels aspects of health care delivery and the management of health care facilities.
Participates at all levels of command in establishing and implementing policies and procedures affecting the U.S. Army Health Care Delivery System – less
Regular Work Day
Pros: flexiable work schedule
Cons: parking and morning traffic
Maintains both e-mail and mail correspondence
Compose confidential and routine correspondence
Maintains appointment calendar for the Chief
Sets up conference – more... rooms for meetings,
Prepares agenda and minutes for all board meetings.
Ensures office equipment is maintained
Completes various projects assigned by the Chief.
employee background checks attend housekeeping contract meetings
Big opportunities
Biomedical Equipment Technician (Former Employee), Fort Sam Houston, TXJanuary 8, 2013
Being the 2nd largest hospital on all of DoD, SAMMC is a great opportunity to learn many new things and meet plenty of amazing people...
SAMMC/BAMC
Cardiovascular Technologist, EMT-B (Former Employee), San AntonioMay 31, 2012
Pros: excellent facility
Cons: it is very hot in san antonio
I enjoyed working here. It is a very nice facility and I was treated like family by the civilians and solidiers I worked with. I also received excellent medical care for myself and my child.