San Antonio Water System Employee Reviews

Easy and Fun if you like a fast pace work atmosphere
Meter Reader (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 21, 2015
Pros: paid holidays, sick leave, overtime
Cons: working in any weather conditions
A typical day of being a San Antonio Water System employee would be waking up at 6:30 every morning and getting your job assignments for the day before 7 am. As a meter reader you work rain or shine. Typically you as a meter reader have to read at least 600 house a day to met the standards. On the plus side of this is that the faster you work the faster you get to go home and still get paid. Overall SAWS is a great company to work for no matter what job you have.
Listed as Best Workplace in San Antonio
Corporate Records Manager (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 10, 2015
High paced environment dealing with records management and open records/subpoenas.
My employees work well as a team.
A little movement going on in upper Management
The hardest part of the job is lack of communication from upper management down to employees.
I enjoy working with my staff, co-workers, my boss is very supportive, and the benefits are great
Great company with great management
Account Review/Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXNovember 24, 2014
The work was challenging, however I was able to learn a lot of new information on a daily basis. The management for the department was fantastic and easy to work with. There are times that the customers are difficult, but that is a part of the job and did not effect my opinion of the job.
very friendly environment.
GIS Technician II (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXOctober 24, 2014
A typical day was arriving at my desk, turn on computer and open all applications I'm working on and take out the plans I was working on the previous day, my supervisor would stop by and greet me with a Good morning and show me the plans i will be working on after I'm done with the current ones. Then i will continue my day working..once in a while a coworker would stop and greet me and sometimes there – more... were little birthday celebrations. Sometimes other departments supervisors would want me to do a map for them, and I guess the hardest part was doing the map, and then they don't like the color or size and so i have to continue going back and forth with them. My most enjoyable part of the job was when i get a big and clear in detail project that i have to input to the basemap and that will take me all day to do. It keeps me entertain and busy all day. – less
Productivity on the job.
Journeyman Electrician (Current Employee), TexasSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: paid vacation /sick leave / holiday.
Cons: retiremnet / healthcare and dental.
I have worked for the San Antonio Water System for over 28 years and a typical day at work can consist in a wide range of job duty's such as daily work documentation. Mechanical pump / electrical repairs or switchgear issues that can consist of emergency repairs. The most enjoyable part of the job is providing the best quality service for SAWS customers.
Work on customer service dept. team player
Field Service Technician (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 25, 2014
Pros: 30. min. lunch
Cons: 2 break on 8 hrs
typical day at work everyday open up on assigned work area, look at our work assignment plan our more important assignment first , then route our work for the day, check our vehicle oil , gas and our material fill up our drinking water, check for our safety gear, vest, gloves etc. etc. complete our work orders on our lap top,type all our dailey work activities time arrrived, to the completion, material used and our mileage at the end of the day.my working hours were from 7:00 am til 3:30 pm Monday thru.Friday overtime on Weekends after working 40 hr. the same week
Productive and fun workplace with helpful collegues
Water Conservation Intern (GIS) (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 29, 2014
Workplace is very fun to be in, collegues are really helpful and you are always learning.
VERY PROFESSIONIAL
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP/PYMT CENTER (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 12, 2014
Pros: everything
SAWS IS THE BEST COMPANY IV WORKED FOR. THE SUPERVISORS AND CO WORKERS ARE VERY PROFESSIONIAL AND CURTIOUS. I WOULD LOVE TO GO BACK AND WORK AND BE APART OF THEIR TEAM IN THE FUTURE.
Overall Good Company Trying to do Good Things
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), San AntonioMarch 19, 2014
Pros: on site cafeteria, great benefits
Cons: lack of mobility into higher level positions
In general, customer service is the same thing day in and day out. Moving into higher level roles is very difficult. If you are looking for stability, SAWS is a good place to start.
Good working environment
Utility Worker (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXSeptember 25, 2013
Pros: opportunity for advancement
Cons: somtimes submerging in waste water
There is and lot to be learned from this place, you will learn something new every day.
Applications Analyst (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 25, 2013
typical day at work
learned
management
co-workers
part of the job
enjoyable part of the job
Gave me an opportunity to experience hands-on problem solving
Engineering Intern (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 21, 2013
Challenged me with real worl problems and a boss ready to guide me through
great benefits
Journeyman Mechanic (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 29, 2013
Pros: stability
Cons: hr personel needs more skill training
great company to work for
co workers
lots of training
varible field hrs
Great staff
Temporary Intern for Summer Youth Program (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 23, 2013
Pros: great experience
Cons: temporary job
A typical day at work included coming in to work orders that needed to be closed to ensure that the proper maintenance was done. I learned how to close work orders using the Hansen 8 program. The management was very funny and always knew how to make work exciting. Co-workers was always ready to help you whenever you needed help. The most enjoyable part was coming into work to a great staff that always made work enjoyable.
Professional environment with good work/life balance
Planner I (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 11, 2012
I learned much from my co-workers and managers. Assignments and deadlines were clearly given. Managers did a decent job managing our work. Most co-workers were willing to help train me, and others weren't as willing. This was usually the case with the older crowd who had been working in the same department for 15 to 20 years. The environment was usually quiet and professional. I typically did not have to work late hours or have to work weekends.