San Bernardino County Superintendent of Schools Employee Reviews in United States

Rewarding job
Para-Educator (Current Employee) –  Chino Hills, CAJanuary 9, 2016
Many different positive aspects of this job. Teaching any child, especially children with special needs, is very rewarding and humbling. Such a great feeling when you see these kids learn.
I loved working with a diverse culture of students
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CANovember 9, 2015
Wonderful career just not too much longevity due to the State budget crisis and the lack of funding for public education.
Pros
great hours, great pay, wonderful people
Cons
no job security
Educational Assistant
San Bernardino County Superintendent (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino County, CaliforniaAugust 17, 2015
I helped in the class room with special need children. Helped to keep them safe through seizures. Helped them with there assigned work. Helped lower function children eat.
Great way to supplement income around your schedule
Paraeducator (Former Employee) –  CAAugust 17, 2015
I loved working for SBCSS. I was able to choose the assignments I wanted, in the schools I preferred teaching at, and was thankful for the opportunity to work with special needs children. The hiring process is simple, but the benefits of working with children are what really made me love my job as I finished my degree and raised my own children. Great pay, no benefits.
Pros
Pay, schedule
Cons
No benefits
I enjoy doing my work performance
San Bernardino County Superintendent (Current Employee) –  HIGH DESERTMarch 8, 2015
I enjoy working with different culture and children. I can always learn from them as they could learn from me. I enjoy what I do for living and try encougage children to the best they can even if it is more difficult they could achieve anything they put there mind to.
Have experiance working with retail.
San Bernardino County Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, CAMarch 6, 2015
I love to greet people, I also like helping customers. I speak bilingual. Just want to make people/customers feel comfortable!
Constantly going but still enjoyable.
San Bernardino County Superintendent (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino CountyFebruary 22, 2015
A typical day at work would be either running after a child and/or working on the assignment.
I learned how to be extremely patient and my heart grew a ton while working for the county. I loved all of my coworkers like they were my family. I think the hardest part of this job was not being able to completely help with a childs home life. I loved my job there though. I love helping children and seeing them progress. It warms my heart knowing I had a part in their positive growth.
Paraprofessional
San Bernardino County Superintendent (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CaNovember 12, 2014
Daily routine work schedule included & required are a must based off of students disabilities. Collecting students from bus drop off or parent drop off, lining up, walking to classroom, student removing their communication binders & lunch, toileting, morning calender & group participation. Daily 30 min walk outside for P.E. Class returns to room & start academic studies. Staff works with students on a 1:1 bases. students given breaks between each academic assignment.
Recess, 30 min lunch, 15 mins recess before returning back to class. Toileting. Art & crafts for gross motor skills, Last, movie time before going home.
Our day is very busy. Some of our children have severe behaviors, so there are time where we have to stop what we are to to secure other students to safety. I've learned that working with challenged people isn't so bad after all. I have learned to appreciate the knowledge I have been taught to work with those in need. I am a team player & easy to get along with. I take initiative in all I do. The hardest part of my job is not knowing when to quit when time to go home. The rewarding part is knowing that I am a part of these children lives who trust me enough & willing to let me help them.
Pros
helping & caring
Cons
restraining student who has escalated/ severe behaviors
Good Company
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CANovember 3, 2014
The company was great to to work for. They offer many opportunities for one to grow within the company
San Bernardino County Superintendent of Schools
Teacher (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAOctober 28, 2014
As a teacher for the County of San Bernardino, I am blessed to work with some very special children. Within my classroom, there is a lot of caring individuals (peers) however the administration is all about the money. They care very little about the students although they would say otherwise. At times, I feel embarrassed to say that I work for the organization but my students are what keep me coming back.
Pros
work hours. peers are caring and friendly.
Cons
education has changed to be about money and not the kids.

Want to know more about San Bernardino County Superintendent of Schools?

Ask a question
offer great benefits
Office Specialist III (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJune 24, 2014
department is one of the largest at SBCSS, and growing, but not much room to advance for clerical staff
A office with exceptional co workers and team players
Office Specialist II (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CaiforniaOctober 8, 2013
Meet with supervisor to go over our priority list of work. Discuss if any other tasks need to be added per a meeting or an appointment that had taken place. Check my work email and phone voicemail messages. Prioritize my work for the day according to what needs to be done.
Good
Substitute Para-educator (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CASeptember 13, 2013
This field of work is my passion. Work work day starts early in the morning with a phone call telling me what site I will be going to. I arrive escorting autistic child off the bus and getting them settled into the classroom. I monitor them as the eat breakfast and work with them on studies. It varies on the severity of their needs.
Pros
work as much or as little as i need to
Cons
work is not guaranteed every day
Nice place to work.
Office Specialist /Case Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CASeptember 13, 2013
Emloyees were fabulous, good place to work, some management were great as to others were not so great...so I have to be fair and balanced...
Pros
people were fabulous!
Cons
some people were not!
Good Place to work
San Bernardino County Superintendent (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAApril 22, 2013
Reviewed Claims and processed them for payment, Enrolled new families onto the program. Manager was excellent in what she knew and assisted me when needed. I loved working with the parents and knowing I was helping them succeed.

In the rating section i was not allowed to put all 5 stars. The school district is excellent in what they do.
Great Company filled will nice perople
San Bernardino County Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Colton, CAApril 17, 2013
Great Company filled will nice perople, Teach all special and all alt ed students in san bernardino
my institution is fine. (I don't unserstand what you mean)
Educational Assistant (Current Employee) –  this year at Redlands, REV (School)March 5, 2013
I get tools and materials for students early ready for them. Students come I help bringing them into the classroom. Then I go and get breakfasts. Then help in feeding them.,then I work teaching some of them according with their IEPs, take them for walks outside. I help students with their personal hygiene too. Then after almost 6 hours of work I help them to get ready to go home in their bus.
My lead teacher is very committed and my other coworker too. Probably the hardest part of my job is to accomplish everything we need to do just in six hours everyday, but we usually get it. The most enjoyable part of my job is the contact with the students and see that they some how arfe learning smething.
Budgets/ Attendance reporting
Accounting Technician (Current Employee) –  San BernardinoAugust 21, 2012
A typical day consists with maintaining and monitoring budgets. As well as auditing and validating Average Daily Attendance. I have learned three new software programs for Attendance while in this position for 4 years. My co-works are a good example of team work. The hardest part of my job is that I am not able to expand my technical abilities.I enjoy developing budget projections for the new Fiscal Year and well as the Average Daily Attendance.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
no advancement on positions
Ok
Paraeducator (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAAugust 11, 2012
It is a stressful job. This job requires a lot of patience as well as passion and devotion for teaching and helping special needs children. Must be able to manage a classroom when teacher is absent. Duties such as preparing and implementating education and training programs. Preparing lesson plans according to learning styles and students with special needs. Develop curriculum to meet state standards and objectives. Establish objectives and create evaluation tools to measure outcomes. Direct, assist and encourage the completion of all teacher initiated activities in a variety of educational settings as well as preparing evaluation and progress reports. The most enjoyable part of my job is teaching special needs children and seeing them achieve their goals as well as watching them grow.
Pros
company of children
Cons
staff can sometimes be difficult to work with.
Knowledge of office management, workflow and budget operation
KidsNCare Office Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Victorville, CAJune 2, 2012
Daily work activities include planning, organization and direction of purchasing, office management, supply control, warehouse procedures, and inventory control. I perform general clerical and related work that includes record keeping, scheduling, organization and operating details. Conduct monthly meetings with office support staff. Supervise and provide training as needed.
Pros
great team and healthcare
Cons
company grant funded