San Bernardino County

San Bernardino County Employer Reviews

Fast pace enviorment
WEX Clerk (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CAAugust 6, 2014
Very customer oriented, helping low income families achieve their goals and getting them out of hardship. Attended over 200 walk-in customers a day gave proper information, helped fill out benefit applications, and was trusted with customers delicate personal information ( social security numbers, birthdates, address and also their household income.) – more... Peak times included getting customers as quickly as possible helped and ready to meet with a benefits eligibility worker. The most enjoyable part of my work was knowing I was somehow helping people who were low income. – less
Many changes every fiscal year
Executive Secretary (Former Employee), San BernardinoJuly 31, 2014
Pros: the executive director position was vacant three time in 6 years.
Cons: pay was excelent.
i enjoyed growing with the department. A new county program, it took a long time for the Department to establish it's purpose.
Excellent Career
Deputy Sheriff (Current Employee), San BernardinoJuly 28, 2014
Pros: 12 hour shifts
Deputy Sheriff, assigned to Glen Helen Rehabilitation Center. Duties consist of Floor Operations, Transportation, In Charge and Working at Verdemont North, a separate facility that consisted of minimum security inmate workers and from 2002-2004 ran the Passages Program which consisted of Pet Assisted Therapy, working with and helping dual diagnosis – more... inmates. Presently I am assigned as the Front Gate Deputy with primary duties in Security, Checking In and Out vehicles, personnel, visits, official visits and Checking Out and In outside work crews (i.e. Fire Crew, Central Court Workers and Functions)and booking in stays. – less
Great place to learn and grow
Program Generalist, San Bernardino Ca (Current Employee), San Bernardino, CAJuly 8, 2014
Interview potential families with three year-old and four year-old to enrolled into the HeadStart program
Interesting place to work
Office Clerk (Former Employee), Ontario, CAJune 27, 2014
Office duties, customer service, assistant duties. Having different things to do and to learn makes it for a interesting environment full of new experiences and full of educational opportunities.
Productive, professional environment involving fast-paced projects and tasks.
HR Intern (Current Employee), San Bernardino, CAJune 26, 2014
A typical day at San Bernardino County consists of working on projects that pertain to San Bernardino County employee benefits including; benefits surveys, research projects, and advertisements. I am gaining significant professional experience as well as administrative experience. My co-workers are Human Resource Analysts who are very helpful and also – more... assist with projects pertaining to employee benefits. The hardest part of the job is researching information for employee benefits. The most enjoyable part of the job is being apart of decision making for employee benefits. – less
Great learning expirences
Office Assistant II (Former Employee), Colton, CAMay 18, 2014
Temporary positions. Not many opportunities for permanent positions. Good skills taught.
A good place to start
Mail Processor II (Current Employee), San Bernardino, CAMay 2, 2014
Pros: 1 hour lunches
a normal day at work consists of sorting mail and delivering to many different offices, you rely on your co-workers to to help each other to get the work completed each day. the hardest part of the job is learning the different routes that we have and deliver.
Stable place to work if living in the Inland Empire / San Bernardino County.
Office Assistant (Current Employee), San Bernardino, CAApril 25, 2014
Pros: stability
Working for San Bernardino County allows for a wide range of versatility within many departments (applicable for some positions). Although you may hold a specific title for example: Office Assistant, you have the opportunity to work in a large variety of countywide departments who require the use of an Office Assistant.

Upon each work performance evaluation – more... is the opportunity to obtain a raise of course (until you top out at your salary range).

Interaction with management is not difficult if consistently kept on a professional level. – less
google this county
PHN (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CAApril 2, 2014
Pros: benefits, pension (cutting for new employees 2013), job security
Cons: extremely low pay. with the level of experience that you're coming in with, be prepare to make a cut! micromanage from all department, heavy drug addict community, heavy corruption (google it), bankrupted (the city), low satisfaction rate.
the hardest part is the negative environment and the inconsistency of the management. their is lack of advocacy from your superiors, like any agency, we can see that this agency is waving out the "seasoned staff" and bringing in the new fresh face.

its all about the money. regardless of where the job is at, government or private, finance speaks louder.

the – more... thing is the pay out here in san bernardino county is extremely low. – less
Great job experience
SSA (Current Employee), San Bernardino, CAMarch 31, 2014
Pros: annual employee appreciation lunch
Cons: so fast-paced sometimes you don't get a lunch
This is a fast-pace environment, very by the book micro-management. The events for foster parents and community partners are always fun although lavish events are expected on a very small budget. Over-time is expected and caring for young children is always a must.
A good place to work.
Eligibility Worker II (Former Employee), Ontario, CAMarch 19, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: a lot of work with not pay increase when work increased.
My day would consist of processing case work, updating case information. I improved my typing skills. Management would watch employees work production. Most worker came to work. The hardest part of working was that when my work was done, I had to help other workers complete their work. Meeting different people walk of life. Never a dull moment.
Fantastic county to work for
LIFEGUARD (Former Employee), bloomington, caMarch 4, 2014
My experience with the county was pleasant and they are easy to work with.
I was a lifeguard and i loved every minute of it
Great place to learn about the school system
Policy Council Member (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CAFebruary 15, 2014
Pros: had a good network of jobs after the program
Cons: it was all valunteer work.
Didn't have any problem with anything. the people were great. learned a lot about how the school was run, what the processes was. the other policy member were very friendly.
Hard to get in
Mail Processor II (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CAJanuary 14, 2014
Work was always long.
Everyone is only looking out for there friends
Most don't want to learn new things
Going everyday
When i left
Always busy and never boring.
Office Assistant (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CASeptember 3, 2013
Pros: nice working atmosphere
The one thing that always encouraged me was being able to help & be resourceful to Manager/employees & patients. My day consisted of variety of tasks starting with picking up paperwork from 2nd and 3rd shift, filling, sorting, data entry, mail etc. I was responsible for handling citation tickets daily, employee concerns/issues w/payroll. Patients calls – more... regarding citations.

I enjoyed my job - always busy and day went by fast. – less
Excellent having do inventory for company
Caregiver (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CAJuly 20, 2013
Pros: sometimes is to hot
Cons: no health insurance or benefits
Review the product for accuracy by 10%, then do cycle counts ,take care of damages,review each pallet for good packing and count eaches.
Fun workplace.
Probation Correctional Officer (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CAMay 31, 2013
Pros: provided free lunch to employees.
Cons: short breaks and short staff. staff was ordered over too much.
Work at Central Valley Juvenile Hall was fun overall. Staff was provided with a lot of training that made us effective in our workplace. The hardest part of the job at Central Valley Juvenile Hall is we were very short staff which caused us as employees to get ordered over a lot. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the youth .
volunteer work
Registrar of Voters (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CAMay 29, 2013
Pros: love doing volunteer work
Cons: not enough pay
set up election booths, assist voters during election, in charge of voters ballots
fun life learning experiences
childcare provider (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CAMay 28, 2013
Pros: home work, recess, work hours
Cons: health benefits, pay rate, no advancements
I managed multiple tasks throughout the day. Such as cleaning, cooking, and teaching. I learned how to nurture and understand children. I learned responsibilities as a future parent should know. I was a child care provider, so I had no co-workers. The hardest part of this job was departing from the care of the child due to his mother's unemployment. – more... The most enjoyable part of this job was play time and seeing him grow. – less