San Bernardino County Employee Reviews in United States

Great stepping stone to advance in a better job.
PSD TEACHER II (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJune 19, 2016
I definitely have learned a lot about this company. My first priority is working with the children witch is a delight in the head start program. I like the fact that I can get experience with the head start program. It is needed for my bachelors degree. There seems to be many unhappy employees that work at this company. I have observed and listen to many complain about administration at each individual preschool site. However, if someone keeps to themselves does their job and stays away from drama, things tend to go pretty well for an individual. People have complained that they are over worked in their jobs and are bitter over it. There tends to be too many bosses and not enough teacher mentalities.
Pros
Pay is better than private sector
Cons
Healthcare cost is too high, too many bossy teachers
rewarding experience assisting with medical and health challenges
Health Service Assistant 2 (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAMay 28, 2016
Over all a good place to work, it just had hours that had no flexibility to balance job and life. The people who I work with were unable to have flexibility to continue education.
Pros
fair to good benefits with retirement
Cons
to get good benefits takes 35 to 40 years
The San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department is the finest department in the US
Sheriff's Sergeant (Current Employee) –  Big Bear Lake, CAMarch 22, 2016
I have enjoyed my time with the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Dept. I hate to see the department lose quality people. Being a patrol supervisor in Big Bear has been rewarding. The city yields quite a few visitors from all over the United States.

The hardest part of the job is making it to work in climate weather. I had to learn to put chains on my vehicle. If you plan no working the Bear, best have chains and a four wheel drive.
Cons
Better Benefits post retirement
Able to have time off when needed. Collegues tried to keep positivee moral
Social Service Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAMarch 16, 2016
Goal oriented dedicated professional. My myriad of skills work to be able to crossover and effectively preform in several area of concentration.

My skill base has proven to be beneficial in each of my career choices,

There is not typical work day in my friend. Each individual and client is different and requires an individual assessment to develop a Case Plan to focus on his/her own goals towards self-sufficient.

As a Social Worker performing my specialty, a day could include attending Court the first half of my work day.

Making face-to-face client or provider contact, returning calls, setting appointment or an entire day could be writing Court Reports and providing resources for my client.

Interaction with colleagues was most often daily. This would a form of decompression for each of use. I had Clinical Supervision one time per week to debrief and discuss cases.

I was able to work in different areas of Child Welfare to strengthen my skills.
Pros
Ability to home from home when your specific task required, no interruption by client calls or unannounced office visits.
front office
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Colton, CAFebruary 13, 2016
help patience with there daily needs such as helping with assistance locating them in homes answering phone calls filling paper work
Great County to work for
Probation Corrections Officer (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAFebruary 9, 2016
Very supportive co-workers, plenty of overtime available for Probation employees. There won't be a day where you won't laugh, enjoyable place to work
Challenging
Agency Social Worker/Director of Development (Current Employee) –  Victorville, CAJanuary 24, 2016
Family oriented company, however work and life balance can be a challenge. Employee health benefits are not great. Weekend and holidays off. Your caseload is typically 20 children or less.
Pros
Family oriented
Cons
work life can be a challenge
Great Experience
Supervising Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CADecember 10, 2015
The county is a great place to work, great benefits and amazing people to work with. If you are a student they have great benefits that help you pay for classes.
Did not like this job.
Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Adelanto, CANovember 17, 2015
Interesting workplace, lots of gossip and politics. Not much to do but okay for a temporary position. A good learning experience.
Pros
learning tax laws.
Cons
too much gossip and unnecessary talk.
Lvn
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CANovember 9, 2015
Management is not there for you. Pay is great. Union based organization that does not really care except to collect your dues.
Pros
pay
Cons
management
Stay Away!!
social worker (Former Employee) –  san bernardino, caSeptember 18, 2015
Personally worked for Public Authority as a office Assistant.Management does not support the employee its all about politics and numbers and management looking good. This is a Contract position meaning you are not permanent and they can terminate your contract at anytime. There's no where else to grow within that department your better off applying for an actual county position that has a union to back you up. The position of office assistant for Public Authority does do a variety of things each day, ranging from training homecare providers to new projects that were challenging, covering departments, to being on the phone and doing monotonous tasks, or being asked to attend meetings, or attend events. Co-workers were nice. Management needs a lot of improvement.
Pros
days off
Cons
supervisors and how fake they were when handling issues
Stressful but rewarding job..must be able to work on your own
Employment Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hesperia, CAAugust 28, 2015
Productive and stressful place to work..planning workplace fun within your unit and holidays helped with stress. This job requires patience and team work to get the job done.You must have compassion for poor people that don't know how to get out of their situation. You have to know where to look for answers to your questions, such as textbooks given to you, lead workers, or your supervisor..
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
very stressful..would have been nice to have a gym at work.
Productive fast page environment
Eligibility worker I (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAJuly 6, 2015
Is a job where theres no time to waste, very productive and helpful to the communities, and families. Very hard on workers but workable
Work to further my career in health care
In-home care specialist (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJune 25, 2015
Caring for patient making sure medications are up date, and if patient has enough supply of medications, taking to grocery store and assisting patient with grocery shopping, Taking patient to doctor appointments, and pharmacy, preparing meals.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Travel distance
PSD Is a free County program that services the public
Teacher 2 (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJune 15, 2015
Teacher 2 is a varied based environment with constant contact with the public. The PSD program services Children and is an enjoyable experience. It is a delight to create a enjoyable and safe environment for children to learn in. I enjoy creating lesson plan that allow me to communicate and interact with the children. We work on social skills, problem solving skills, coping skills, and kindergarten ready skills. We encourage self development and strive to build positive self esteem in each individual child. I truly enjoy working in this program and servicing the public, working with children and the families of the community.
Pros
The chance to learn different curriculum, and the chance to server the public
Cons
It can be a stressful fast paced job
Dispatcher week
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Rialto, CAMay 13, 2015
The hardest part about this job is that you tend to put your own family needs aside in order to provide a service that goes un-respected and un-noticed.

Management is so consumed with the politics of the company that they tend to forget that the dispatchers are under a tremendous amount of stress and are dealing w/each individual caller as best as possible knowing that help is also needed in that dispatchers personal life.

Although it is not an easy, it is a self rewarding job. The feeling of knowing you have helped out a family, a mother, child, and the elderly is a reward in its self.

Working in a high stress environment you develop a dark sense of humor that only another dispatcher can relate. There is comfort in knowing that you are not alone when you get that very difficult call or that ridiculous question. Working with others that know exactly what you are feeling and going thru is work getting up everyday and returning yet for more KAOS.
Pros
WORKING 4 DAYS A WEEK
Cons
NO LUNCH TIME OR 15 MIN BREAKS AND DEFINATLY WORKING ON HOLIDAYS AND WEEKENDS.
Good work environment
Human Resource Clerk (Current Employee) –  Adelanto, CAApril 23, 2015
customer service all day, learned telephone etiquettes, my co workers where good team players, the most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers.
Customer service/advocacy
Eligibility Worker II (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAMarch 19, 2015
I provide customer service and refer to community outreach facilities. I translate in Spanish. I also have worked with the family stabilization program which offers substance abuse, domestic violence and mental health services.

I have enjoyed my time working with customers.
Overall good
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Barstow, CAMarch 15, 2015
Overall a good place to work, my only concern is them not having a substitute for if you are ill. The best part of the job is knowing that you have improved the quality of care for your clients. The hardest part of the job is that you must be strong physically and mentally.
San Bernardino County
Eligability Worker (Current Employee) –  San BernardinoJanuary 20, 2015
This is a good place to work. I like helping people. The hardest part of the job are the daily expectations and work load.
Pros
helping people
Cons
pay

4.2