San Bernardino County Employee Reviews

productive work place always ending in self fullfilment
Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAApril 20, 2017
When I come in we have a group meeting as to what our tasks for the day is. I enjoy helping my customers as well as my co-workers. The management is very helpful and consistent. I learn something new everyday.
Pros
weekends off for family time
Private Tutor
Private Tutor (Current Employee) –  Loma Linda, CAApril 18, 2017
As a Private Tutor, you are your own boss, so the work week is what you make of it. I thoroughly enjoyed my time tutoring and would highly recommend it.
Pros
Own boss
Cons
School schedule
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAApril 15, 2017
I love the work environment. The people I work with are friendly and very helpful and open. They're very good with teaching you whatever you don't know.
Awesome atmosphere
Sheriff custody specialist (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAMarch 24, 2017
I would recommend to anyone I loved that place the company is truly family oriented and it's always room for advancement. There is a lot of departments within the one job title
like working with people
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAMarch 21, 2017
meeting different cultures,different people.enjoy working in a busy environment. making my day go fast Handeling difficult situations including customers.I get along with co workers we try and make work enjoyable and fun
Pros
hours are great including over time on saturdays
Cons
short breaks
i am so glad to work in san bernardino county
Clerical Work (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAMarch 8, 2017
I am so glad for this job in the county and so comfortable , satisfied ,and all the employee so helpful, friendly ,good atmosphere to work in san Bernardino county
This is a great place to work
Eligibility Worker II (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAMarch 3, 2017
The atmosphere is fun and professional. Great room for advancement and growth. The flexibility the county offered with time allowed me to attend family events.
Fun work place.
Eligibility Worker III (Current Employee) –  Colton, CAMarch 1, 2017
Great company to work for. I like working for the county. I have a great schedule. I love working Monday through Friday. I enjoy working with my co-workers.
Pros
Great Schedule.
Cons
Short breaks.
Enjoyable employment
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAFebruary 10, 2017
Assisting senior with personal hygiene preparing meals medication reminder taking to doctor appointments grocery shopping laundry etc.Time management is centered around client needs and hours approved by intake social worker. I don't have any complaints about job being hard as I truly enjoy helping others in need.I also have interesting conversations with client.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Need more hours
Awful
Voting clerk (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJanuary 13, 2017
I worked as a voting clerk on voting day back in june. It is now January of the following year and I still haven't been compensated.
Detention Assistant (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, CAJanuary 13, 2017
I loved all of my time with this organization. I gained a lot of skills and professional growth during my employment ther. The administrators were always professional and supportive of their employees. We also served at-risk and incarcerated minors. The best part of this job was giving the needed support to the children that were delinquent in their education and neglected in their personal lives and seeing them succeed one step at a time.
Overall great place to work
LVN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Apple Valley, CAJanuary 6, 2017
Good team to work with( family) away from home .Low stress level environment to work in. Free meals or a plus. Good work ethics and job skills. They have great benefits good retirement and always room for improvement. Reimbursement on schooling and support from supervisors to continue education. Great supervision accommodations to work schedule when going to school.
Pros
Free lunch, ot, great management
Cons
Hours fluctuations
Hours long and hard
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJanuary 1, 2017
Was a fast paced phone customer service for voters in San Bernardino County.

There were no typical days as this was a temporary position for one week.
Met some great people both on the phone and in workplace.

Worked 10 to 14 hour days with almost none stop phones.

Paid well! Overtime and double time for the long days.
Pros
break and lunches were timely
Cons
Too fast paced to be very enjoyable.
landscape
Landscaping (Current Employee) –  Chino, CADecember 1, 2016
In my opinion, a typical work day for me includes a lot of labor and hands on work. I've learned many techniques and skills although with time I progressed my ability to perform the perfect landscape for the customers. The hardest part of the job can be weather conditions with being to hot or raining; but that doesn't stop me from being active during working hours. I tend to work well with others but I'm also comfortable working alone. The most enjoyable part of the job to me is the outcome of the labor performed and satisfying the customer.
Pros
free lunches
Productive and Busy Workplace
Clerk, Registrar of Voters (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CANovember 28, 2016
I assisted any voters with voter lookup, and made sure that all the information submitted from them to us was accurate and correct. made sure they where eligible to vote and issued ballots.
Pros
great pay
Great Pay, lazy co-workers
Contract WEX Clerk (Former Employee) –  Loma Linda, CANovember 22, 2016
I observed more employees abusing their position by sitting around talking, eating and working on their personal things than actually working. The supervisors were nice but were constantly being changed. No consistency.
Pros
Union membership
Good department, low pay and poor benefits. Train here, go elsewhere!
Deputy Sheriff (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CANovember 2, 2016
SBSO is a good department with many opportunities. You can work anywhere and do anything if you apply yourself. Pay is very low and benefits are minimal at best. They tell us we are the best and pay us the worst. The county takes about $10 per hour from our check so if the deputy makes $30 per hour he actually sees $20 per hour. The $10 per hour goes towards retirement and health benefits which OTHER agencies usually cover.
Pros
Many opportunities
Cons
LOW PAY, POOR BENEFITS
Hard work environment
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Colton, CASeptember 17, 2016
Cna work can be extremely physically demanding . Company has new special beds to help staff with comforting patients and motor transport to procedures. Team work is a must of you will fail! Manage up everyone and don't expect to start out being able to support your family off of hourly wages. New management came in and pushed all the old timer nurses out to better departments. All the cnas we're fired in ARMC stroke unit due to lack of compassion from new management. No room for educational growth because of Unrealistic management. No social security
Pros
retirement after 5 years.
Cons
Hard work load, understaffed, lowest paid hospital around
Great enviroment to work
Eligibility Worker II / Bilingual (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CASeptember 16, 2016
It is a very professional and enjoyable place of work with friendly coworkers. It provides employee support and caring 100%.
Enjoyed while it lasted
Public Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAAugust 22, 2016
This was an enjoyable job that can become very dangerous. Although it was wonderful to help people, I had to go in to areas of San Bernardino that were very dangerous and those visits had to be made alone. I'm grateful for what I learned at SB County Public Health.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Dangerous environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at San Bernardino County. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2