San Diego Community College District Employee Reviews

Great Teachers
Outreach Ambassador (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 30, 2017
Great environment and supportive teachers. It was great getting to know the kids and the understanding the needs of the children. The teachers were very supportive.
Great employer
Online Accounting Instructor (Former Employee) –  Mesa, CAOctober 5, 2017
Provided benefits to adjunct instructors who worked over a 50% course load. Wonderful Dean to work for and great fellow instructors. Great students.
Outstanding place to work.
Administrative Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 24, 2017
My experience at the San Diego Community College District was rewarding. It afforded me the ability and opportunities to learn basic Office Skills and develop proficiency in Excel, Payroll and various Database procedures.
Pros
It allowed me to continue my education while working Part-time; This made my work schedule flexible, so that I could attend school.
Cons
As a Part-time employee I wasn't entitled to many benefits as compared to a Full-time employee.
ESL INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92117September 1, 2017
Great opportunities to teach and meet students from all over the world. Work with like minded instructors who enjoy working with international students. Enjoyed working with ESL department Chairs. Enjoyed helping students improve their English.
Loved it
Senior Tutor/Ed Coach (Former Employee) –  San Diego City CollegeAugust 3, 2017
Loved working for City College. Very nice work environment and management was also great but you do need a degree to move up. The nice thing is they basically let me internship.
FINANCIAL AID OUTREACH SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 3, 2017
San Diego City College is a great place to work. You will meet people of all ages who are ready to further their education. The staff is great and the campus is set in a beautiful location in Downtown San Diego.
Pros
Work hours, atmosphere, great benefits plan for full time employees
Professional Environment - Able to make a difference
DSD, Healthcare Careers Inst., EEO (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 4, 2017
Great place to work and make a difference. Professional and educational environment with room for growth as a Associate Professor. Work extensively with diverse populations.
Smart knowledgeable management, friendly supportive environment
Part-Time Biology Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 17, 2017
Great job, good hours, fulfilling daily work, fun daily experience. Pay is low but it is a community college so what can you do. Management gave me freedom to run my lab how i felt and interact with instructors and students if problems arose.
Pros
Never stop Learning, Supportive Management
Cons
pay was low for my area
Changes in management have lead to a degraded environment.
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 25, 2016
They try, but management is so mired in academia that they have little understanding of the business world. More attention is paid to academic certifications than to actual real world experience.

I used to love working with the district. Now not so much.
Pros
Wonderful hard working students eager to learn.
Cons
Too tightly focused on academia. They think they understand, but they really don't. I can site many examples.
Encouraging employer!
Senior Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 8, 2016
Working for the San Diego Community College District is very rewarding, ensuring that the student body enjoys the benefits of our work. I highly recommend this employer to anyone. The benefits were great as was the working conditions. I worked in an office and benefited from interaction with a diverse group of people.
Horrible administration
Dean (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 20, 2016
Great place to work if you interact with students, but if not you'll quickly realize administration thinks quite highly of their self-bloated importance. Adjuncts, retired profs and staff are treated awful by administrators, who are overly paid for their incompetent micromanaging. Great benefits if you can tolerate the top-down culture.
Pros
Insurance, pension, paid holidays
Cons
Condescending administrators
SDCCD fails to meet Veterans needs
Director Military Education (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 9, 2016
SDCCD is more concern with receiving Military Veterans benefits than in serving the Veteran community. The only reason they have a military education department is to win contracts and boost the image of the district as serving veterans
Great exprience, but not enough hours and no oppertunity to advance
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 16, 2015
My duties at the S.D.C.C.D. were opening the on campus Starbucks in the morning and supervising the staff throughout the day. Other duties also included making and serving beverages, cleaning, working the cash register, doing inventory and placing invoices. Always with excellent customer service!
Pros
Set schedule Monday-Friday with $6 daily lunch allowence
Cons
Not enough hours and no room for advancement
The school's contract was well managed locally as well as from the central office.
ASSOCIATE DEAN (Former Employee) –  Pensacola Naval Air Station, FLDecember 4, 2014
San Diego Community College District is managed by people who know and understand their business. They also understand management of people through the strong points of the employee. Relationships between the Navy and the District were held close and controlled as not to put the contract in a situation where the instructor found problems with the instruction to be delivered. Great employer.
Lively place to work for.
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 29, 2014
I find my work load to be very repetitious and enjoyable. I also have found that this position has taught me more of the inner workings of accounting.
Pros
50% lunch discounts
Cons
Not a permanent Position
It's an amazing place to work
ESL TEACHER (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 29, 2014
Supported by staff. Every day is different and interesting. The students are so grateful and appreciative. They bring a positive energy to the class. They learn from me and I learn from them.
Pros
The students and their positive energy
Cons
Too long of a summer break from teaching
ABE/GED Instructor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 29, 2014
I enjoy the students and staff. Great place and diverse.
Great supportive staff
Diverse community.
Plenty of parking.
Pros
Good hourly pay
Cons
No benefits
Stable employer
Budget Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San DiegoApril 1, 2014
San Diego Community College focused on providing higher education.
A good part-time job
Adjunct Librarian (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 24, 2014
The working environment was great, and I learned a lot about librarianship in different disciplines. The downside is that funding is limited, and so was my time there.
Wonderful place for work
Instructional Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 2, 2014
As any office work
Many thing
Co-workers they are wonderful
No hardest part
To see many people from different countries