San Diego Convention Center Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Great Learning experience.
Concession Stand Worker (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 19, 2015
Being young and eager to get into the work force, the San Diego Convention Center provided an excellent working environment to learn and grow. The staff and management were friendly and always willing to answer any question I might have had. A great learning experience all around.
Pros
Great environment.
One of the most sought after employers in the San Diego area.
Operations -Facility Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 7, 2014
Fast paced? Incredibly. The San Diego Convention Center can go from one event to the next literally overnight. The corporation fosters an attitude that creates a family atmosphere with rewards for staff as well as events several times a year to simply say thank you. Starting pay at the very lowest levels is well above minimum wage. For managers and other employees the wages are at industry standards. Sometimes the fast pace can be a little daunting but the pride everyone takes in making the customer experience the one that is known worldwide to be of the highest standard. Clients comment continually that there is no Convention Center that shines as brightly and the San Diego Convention Center.
Pros
the annual leave portion of the benefit packages is great.
Cons
so fast paced that there can be a lot of stress trying to keep up.
Focuses on customer service
Financial Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 4, 2013
Be as helpful as possible to conventioneers since they are not familiar with San Diego. The staff at the convention center is most likely the first people the conventioneers associate with the city. I've learned to be familiar with the most popular restaurants in the city so that the tips could be passed on when recommending to out-of-towners. My co-workers function as a team to maintain the appearance of the convention center. There is no hardest part of the job, and the most enjoyable has to be the satisfaction from helping somebody.
Pros
air conditioned office
Cons
walking from one end of the building to the other end, which is almost a mile!
The Best Place I've Ever Worked
"HOUSING SERVICES MANAGER" (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 7, 2014
SDCCC was the best position I have ever had at a corporation. I learned an enormous amount about the Housing/Hotel services industry. My co-workers were like family. The hardest part of the job was juggling the amount of business I contracted. The most enjoyable part was the compliments I received from the clients post-events.
Pros
too many to mention
Cons
i can't think of any
Wonderful place to work
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 19, 2014
Wonderful place to work and very friendly atmosphere. Great opportunity to learn about the hospitality industry.

4.5