San Diego County Credit Union Employee Reviews

You'll be sorry if you apply here. Not worth the stress
Admin office (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 26, 2016
Stay away from this place at all costs!!! . They overwork their employees and You will be micromanaged! The company waits until employees are crying of exhaustion before hiring additional help. The pay is not worth the stress
Pros
Perfect job if you dont want to see your families
Cons
They over work you until you are exhausted. Employee morale is llow. No work life balance.
Great Company but management is another story
MSR (Current Employee) –  Chula VistaOctober 23, 2015
The company is a great company to work for. Every branch/dept is different, but from my personal experience, there are too many office politics, and it's like high school. Management talks down to you, and they turn their heads to certain situations. Promotions are pretty much pick and chosen in most circumstances. Management tries to intimidate and threaten you if don't conform or address issues they don't like. Major favoritism. Good thing is there are some great members and co workers are awesome. Also the sales pressure is increasing on a daily basis slowly progressing to big banking.
Pros
Sunday's and major holidays off
Cons
Call night, weekends don't rotate, management, and high pressure sales recently
Massive work load, limited staffing
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  AnonoymousSeptember 8, 2016
Their expectations are totally unrealistic. Bonuses are rare and underwhelming. They will squeeze everything out of you chew you up and spit you out.
Pros
Not that I experienced
Cons
CEO is a disaster. "Yes" people only!
Amazing Company!
Call Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 28, 2016
SDCCU has a special place in my heart! Amazing staff and management. Great place to work! Opportunity to grow. Fast-paced position.
Pros
Amazing leadership
Cons
Sales program
Desperate? Apply here always hiring
Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 29, 2016
Understaffed and overworked. Unless you like extra stress and daily headaches avoid this place like the plague. Unrealistic sales goals and a high turnoff rate. Micromanaged like children and constantly reminded of member waiting. The only positive thing I can say about this place is that everyone is extremely friendly.
Pros
Free lunches, rotating weekends, paid holidays off, generous Christmas bonus
Cons
Sales pressure, stressful, high turnover, Micro Managed, Understaffed
Great work environment
Financial Service Rep/Real Estate Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Ysidro, CAJune 2, 2016
Great company to work for, full benefits, fun contests/activities. Best part of my job is helping members with their finances and lowering payments to make their life easier.
Excellent Place to work
Lead Programmer Analyst, Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 2, 2016
San Diego County Credit Union offered me the following exciting opportunities:

- credit risk application product development/migration to a higher technology version

- online banking products

- take part in various training programs in banking industry

- leadership roles, business analyst role apart from being a system/technical analyst, take part in presentations/seminars/meetings

- excellent management, friendly co-workers

- very good interaction with finance department and other units related to products supported by IT department
Great co-workers
Senior Business Development Officer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 2, 2016
I've learned a lot from working here. I enjoyed working with my relationships in the market that I served.

The hardest part about my job was trying to fit as many events in my day.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Healthcare was very expensive
Stay away from this place.
Temp - Administrative Office (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 13, 2014
Temporary employees are treated like outsiders and made to wear a bright orange lanyard so that everyone knows that they are a temp. It is very degrading.

The administrative office is full of wonderful employees who are so stressed out from management pressure and short staffing that they spend their day utterly miserable. It is very unfortunate and honestly very hard to watch happen to these good, smart, hardworking people.

The company is focused on making more money, growing, and adding new branches but they don't hire more people to help compensate for the growth. In fact, they seem to be getting rid of people and not re-hiring so that the employee base is actually shrinking while the work and pressure are growing. Just not a healthy environment to work in.
Pros
The benefits were decent.
Cons
Management, employee morale, too focused on making money to care about their employees.
Not the Best!
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 19, 2015
Very understaffed and the turnover is very high due to unhappy employees who do way more than there job requires. Depends on Management and specific branches, which is also a problem, when the company doesn't do things all around the same way, it causes confusion and lack of consistency for the members.
Pros
Opportunities to move up
Cons
Underpaid for work required
understaffed all the time
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 14, 2015
stressfull when the branch you work is always understaffed. One raise every year on your review, but overall very good people but if only the company knew how to keep its employees or hire good ones.
It used to be good place....
Annoymous (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 4, 2013
SDCCU USED to be A GREAT place to work. The culture WAS fantastic, like a family atmosphere. With new upper management in place, it is a nightmare. Longevity and "life's work" is no longer important. Family is not valued anymore by certain depts. and you are nothing but replaceable. They do not appreciate or recognize staff like they used to and its very discouraging. They keep making cuts on incentives and therefore employees are not motivated to sell....the slogan is "Its not big banking, it's better"...however, internal operations are ran JUST like a big banks. There are many staff on leave or have left due to the stress of the work environment.
In the new hire orientations, you are told: "If you don't want to be here and this isn't for you, then leave. Don't let the door hit you on the way out".
SDCCU has been voted the Best Place to Work for the past few years...yet none of the internal staff understand how we win this since no one is voting....they are leaving. The turnover is due to bad management, low pay (unless you are an executive) and stressful work conditions. They do not really give out annual raises with your review. Their formula provides you with approx. $0.25 increase or nothing at all. They spend hundreds of thousands of dollars every year, yet fail to recognize the staff that helped them become #1. Definitely talk to some former staff before you choose to work here.
Pros
Decent benefits, closed on Sundays, Paid Holidays
Cons
No quality of life, high pressure, bad pay, bad review process, VERY political, bad leadership
Hard work pays off
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 20, 2015
Its a great company to learning everything in the banking world has to offer. They offer a lot of training. The Credit union supports on going education.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Time management
Great working place
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 12, 2015
Great place to learn and expand your knowledge, every day is different. Management is hands on, great benefits, good work environment. It's a member oriented organization that is not for profit, looking for the well-being of our members.
great place to work
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 18, 2013
This job allows you to have a career and be with family- not stressful
Hardest part of the job was working Saturday's until 4pm
Most enjoyable is working with customers and approving their loans
Co-workers were the best it truly felt like a family
Management is different at every branch
Pros
Not a stressful job
Cons
work weekends
good place to work if you like stress
Information Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 9, 2015
This company has high turnover-like a revolving door. People are either quitting or getting fired because they can't meet the unrealistic sales goals. The call volume is high and we are always understaffed.
Pros
generous Christmas bonus, free lunches for holidays, big desks
Cons
a lot of sales pressure and turnover
great place depending on position
Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 20, 2015
no room to move up. if u start low you may be able to move up 1 or 2 positions. (teller, msr) but if u start in the middle good luck. if you are temp, you're screwed... start finding another job! temps are outsiders. no benefits. not eligible for Spanish pay, but they make u take the test. you just come to work and leave, and they hope u come back so they can save money by not hiring you. they hire within for better positions. but if u are a temp you are still an outsider so u would apply like an outsider. they use temps. info center has a high turn over rate. understaffed and over worked.

coworkers are great. people here are great. they smile at you and say hi through the hallways. hiding their stress. this place in general is great. u just have to have the right position. they have a gym and showers in the administrative office.

training is good. a hand full of training classes at the admin office. branch employees get compensated for travel. they are more branch oriented as if you were face to face with the customer....oops "member" as they say here.

all in all if you've been here for a while u may have a better chance. if u are new to the admin building, its tough to move up. at the branch is a lot better because some people come and go. if you are a temp. good luck. don't get frustrated if u apply many times for the same position you have been doing for the past months. just take what u have and look for another position/job. use the training they provide and make it work for you.
Pros
employee appreciation, give aways, raffles, great people, training. spanish pay
Cons
management demands too much, temps are outsiders, hard to move up. over worked. understaffed
Best place to work!
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  El Cajon, CADecember 18, 2014
Awesome management, good compensation, perfect balance.
Great People!
Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 6, 2013
I absolutly love my job with SDCCU. I am what is called a Support Specialist within the credit union. Basically, I travel to all locations and departments and fill in where the help is needed. One day I could be a teller and the next I could be a Banker or a receptionist. Every one who I work with is a joy to work with. The communication they have is amazing!
Pros
Hour long lunches, great locations, great benifits
Cons
Traveling in traffic
Excellant place to work!!
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 19, 2012
The human resource dept just has a knack at hiring people, I have never met an unfriendly person in my 2 years of working for SDCCU. I love my job and also the members! Our members are very satisfied with our products and services which makes our life easier as MSRs.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
working on saturdays

Ask a question about working or interviewing at San Diego County Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9