San Diego County Credit Union

San Diego County Credit Union Employer Reviews

You can apply if you are desperate looking for a job.
Call Center (Former Employee), Main office in Mira MesaAugust 7, 2014
Pros: sunday off and pay holidays
Cons: very stressful
I would not recommended this job to anybody. The job and management are very stressful, not comparable to the pay. Good benefit. Management demands too much.
Fun place to work
Member Service Representative (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJune 2, 2014
It was a fun place to work. The people were very friendly. Just wasn't for me.
Stay away from this place.
Temp - Administrative Office (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMay 13, 2014
Pros: the benefits were decent.
Cons: management, employee morale, too focused on making money to care about their employees.
Temporary employees are treated like outsiders and made to wear a bright orange lanyard so that everyone knows that they are a temp. It is very degrading.

The administrative office is full of wonderful employees who are so stressed out from management pressure and short staffing that they spend their day utterly miserable. It is very unfortunate and – more... honestly very hard to watch happen to these good, smart, hardworking people.

The company is focused on making more money, growing, and adding new branches but they don't hire more people to help compensate for the growth. In fact, they seem to be getting rid of people and not re-hiring so that the employee base is actually shrinking while the work and pressure are growing. Just not a healthy environment to work in. – less
Advanced administrative tasks for Chief Operating Officer and Team
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 1, 2014
Great firm and good work ethics. Worked well with senior management and staff. Administrative task including minute taking, book travel, input expenses, and working with great staff.
Current IT Temp Contractor
IT PC Technician (Current Employee), San Diego, CaMarch 3, 2014
Pros: large business to learn from
Cons: not positive for temp employee's because not treated like part of the team
As a temp employee you are a contractor that does not receive benefits and are treated differently then permanent SDCCU employees.
Overworked
Teller I (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: decent hours, good opportunities to learn as an entry level fsr
Cons: high sales pressure, poor communication, terrible hr department
Upper management uses scare tactics to press for desired sales results, force employees to cold call during the day or once a week at night, promote undeserving employees to pass the buck and devalue overworked employees.
It's ok....
Member Service Representative (banking) (Current Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 23, 2013
Cool people, low low low pay, benefits are sub par, doesnt seem like a place to advance much, most have been there for a long time. Most employees about 80% are women that have husbands that make a good living so they are just there because they are bored
great place to work
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 18, 2013
Pros: not a stressful job
Cons: work weekends
This job allows you to have a career and be with family- not stressful
Hardest part of the job was working Saturday's until 4pm
Most enjoyable is working with customers and approving their loans
Co-workers were the best it truly felt like a family
Management is different at every branch
Great People!
Support Specialist (Current Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 6, 2013
Pros: hour long lunches, great locations, great benifits
Cons: traveling in traffic
I absolutly love my job with SDCCU. I am what is called a Support Specialist within the credit union. Basically, I travel to all locations and departments and fill in where the help is needed. One day I could be a teller and the next I could be a Banker or a receptionist. Every one who I work with is a joy to work with. The communication they have is – more... amazing! – less
It used to be good place....
Annoymous (Current Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 4, 2013
Pros: decent benefits, closed on sundays, paid holidays
Cons: no quality of life, high pressure, bad pay, bad review process, very political, bad leadership
SDCCU USED to be A GREAT place to work. The culture WAS fantastic, like a family atmosphere. With new upper management in place, it is a nightmare. Longevity and "life's work" is no longer important. Family is not valued anymore by certain depts. and you are nothing but replaceable. They do not appreciate or recognize staff like they used to and its – more... very discouraging. They keep making cuts on incentives and therefore employees are not motivated to sell....the slogan is "Its not big banking, it's better"...however, internal operations are ran JUST like a big banks. There are many staff on leave or have left due to the stress of the work environment.
In the new hire orientations, you are told: "If you don't want to be here and this isn't for you, then leave. Don't let the door hit you on the way out".
SDCCU has been voted the Best Place to Work for the past few years...yet none of the internal staff understand how we win this since no one is voting....they are leaving. The turnover is due to bad management, low pay (unless you are an executive) and stressful work conditions. They do not really give out annual raises with your review. Their formula provides you with approx. $0.25 increase or nothing at all. They spend hundreds of thousands of dollars every year, yet fail to recognize the staff that helped them become #1. Definitely talk to some former staff before you choose to work here. – less
Excellant place to work!!
Member Service Representative (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 19, 2012
Pros: great benefits
Cons: working on saturdays
The human resource dept just has a knack at hiring people, I have never met an unfriendly person in my 2 years of working for SDCCU. I love my job and also the members! Our members are very satisfied with our products and services which makes our life easier as MSRs.
Hard work, little pay, but you will learn a lot.
Financial Service Representative /II (Current Employee), San Diego, CAApril 6, 2012
Pros: hour lunches
Cons: pay, lots of work depending on position.
You are working for one of the best credit unions; not only in the state of California, but in the nation. They will train you a lot, frequently and well. You work with a lot of people who are kind and friendly for the most part. The only difficult part about the job, is that management can be known to favor certain employees and let them slide more – more... on certain things. The job, itself, is relatively easy once you get it down, but there is consistent information being sent to you on a daily basis via email. The constant new updates/info can make it difficult to stay on track as It is rather hard to remember all of the newer information. Then again, newer information typically means we are growing more as a company, which is a good thing.

The credit union generally cares about its employees. Do take advantage of HR and their resources. Do not be afraid to speak up.

The major disadvantage of working for a credit union in general is the pay. You must not expect to make as much as you would at a bank. Because credit unions are not for profit, they simply to not obtain the monetary means to pay employees more. Even if they do, I don't see it happening anytime soon.

The members of the credit union are generally kind and easy to get along with. You must enjoy working with people and do so well. You must be able to handle stress and not take things personally.

It truly is a great starting job for nearly anyone. Working at a financial institution will provide many transferable traits: teamwork, customer service, cash handling, problem solving skills, etc.

If you work for the credit union, do so with morale and ethics.

One last thing: You must be detail oriented. – less

About San Diego County Credit Union

San Diego County Credit Union was founded on the principle that people come first and profits second. This forward-thinking approach – Read more