San Diego County Credit Union

San Diego County Credit Union Employee Reviews

Good transisiton job
Memeber Service Representative (MSR) (Current Employee), Chula Vista, CAAugust 14, 2015
Be prepared to work almost all saturdays. Good for student or temp employment. I wouldn't plan to work here permanently.
understaffed all the time
Member Service Representative (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 14, 2015
stressfull when the branch you work is always understaffed. One raise every year on your review, but overall very good people but if only the company knew how to keep its employees or hire good ones.
good place to work if you like stress
Information Specialist (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 9, 2015
Pros: generous Christmas bonus, free lunches for holidays, big desks
Cons: a lot of sales pressure and turnover
This company has high turnover-like a revolving door. People are either quitting or getting fired because they can't meet the unrealistic sales goals. The call volume is high and we are always understaffed.
Positive Work Enviorment
Member Service Representative (Current Employee), Escondido, CAApril 26, 2015
Pros: Positive Enviorment
Cons: Some Saturdays
Depending on location can be busy to slow environment great managers all about providing wow service to customers Great hours except for Saturdays
great place depending on position
Loan Processor (Current Employee), San Diego, CAApril 20, 2015
Pros: employee appreciation, give aways, raffles, great people, training. spanish pay
Cons: management demands too much, temps are outsiders, hard to move up. over worked. understaffed
no room to move up. if u start low you may be able to move up 1 or 2 positions. (teller, msr) but if u start in the middle good luck. if you are temp, you're screwed... start finding another job! temps are outsiders. no benefits. not eligible for Spanish pay, but they make u take the test. you just come to work and leave, and they hope u come back so they can save money by not hiring you. they hire within for better positions. but if u are a temp you are still an outsider so u would apply like an outsider. they use temps. info center has a high turn over rate. understaffed and over worked.

coworkers are great. people here are great. they smile at you and say hi through the hallways. hiding their stress. this place in general is great. u just have to have the right position. they have a gym and showers in the administrative office.

training is good. a hand full of training classes at the admin office. branch employees get compensated for travel. they are more branch oriented as if you were face to face with the customer....oops "member" as they say here.

all in all if you've been here for a while u may have a better chance. if u are new to the admin building, its tough to move up. at the branch is a lot better because some people come and go. if you are a temp. good luck. don't get frustrated if u apply many times for the same position you have been doing for the past months. just take what u have and look for another position/job. use the training they provide and make it work for you.
Great working place
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 12, 2015
Great place to learn and expand your knowledge, every day is different. Management is hands on, great benefits, good work environment. It's a member oriented organization that is not for profit, looking for the well-being of our members.
Unprofessional and Judgemental
Seasonal Bank Teller I (Former Employee), El Cajon, CAJanuary 13, 2015
I was let go baste on my personal life and not my skills at work. I was judged the moment I walked through the door. On the other hand, I was LOVED by all member and was complemented everyday.
BEST PLACE TO WORK!
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee), El Cajon, CADecember 18, 2014
Awesome management, good compensation, perfect balance.
not much room to advance
INFORMATION SPECIALIST (Former Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 24, 2014
Pros: friendly
Cons: high turnover
High turn over. Low wages. The people where great to work with. Not a lot of room to advance.
OK entry level banking position
Financial Service Representative/Loan interviewer (Former Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 4, 2014
Pros: easy work
Cons: strict scheduling
If you are interested in processing loans and learning more about the underwriting process this is a decent job. I felt as though I was an overpaid teller and the managers at the time we not considerate of any of the employees in the branch at all. I would go back to this company but in a different position.
You can apply if you are desperate looking for a job.
Call Center (Former Employee), Main office in Mira MesaAugust 7, 2014
Pros: sunday off and pay holidays
Cons: very stressful
I would not recommended this job to anybody. The job and management are very stressful, not comparable to the pay. Good benefit. Management demands too much.
Fun place to work
Member Service Representative (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJune 2, 2014
It was a fun place to work. The people were very friendly. Just wasn't for me.
Stay away from this place.
Temp - Administrative Office (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMay 13, 2014
Pros: the benefits were decent.
Cons: management, employee morale, too focused on making money to care about their employees.
Temporary employees are treated like outsiders and made to wear a bright orange lanyard so that everyone knows that they are a temp. It is very degrading.

The administrative office is full of wonderful employees who are so stressed out from management pressure and short staffing that they spend their day utterly miserable. It is very unfortunate and honestly very hard to watch happen to these good, smart, hardworking people.

The company is focused on making more money, growing, and adding new branches but they don't hire more people to help compensate for the growth. In fact, they seem to be getting rid of people and not re-hiring so that the employee base is actually shrinking while the work and pressure are growing. Just not a healthy environment to work in.
Advanced administrative tasks for Chief Operating Officer and Team
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 1, 2014
Great firm and good work ethics. Worked well with senior management and staff. Administrative task including minute taking, book travel, input expenses, and working with great staff.
Current IT Temp Contractor
IT PC Technician (Current Employee), San Diego, CaMarch 3, 2014
Pros: large business to learn from
Cons: not positive for temp employee's because not treated like part of the team
As a temp employee you are a contractor that does not receive benefits and are treated differently then permanent SDCCU employees.
Overworked
Teller I (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: decent hours, good opportunities to learn as an entry level fsr
Cons: high sales pressure, poor communication, terrible hr department
Upper management uses scare tactics to press for desired sales results, force employees to cold call during the day or once a week at night, promote undeserving employees to pass the buck and devalue overworked employees.
It's ok....
Member Service Representative (banking) (Current Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 23, 2013
Cool people, low low low pay, benefits are sub par, doesnt seem like a place to advance much, most have been there for a long time. Most employees about 80% are women that have husbands that make a good living so they are just there because they are bored
Great People!
Support Specialist (Current Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 6, 2013
Pros: hour long lunches, great locations, great benifits
Cons: traveling in traffic
I absolutly love my job with SDCCU. I am what is called a Support Specialist within the credit union. Basically, I travel to all locations and departments and fill in where the help is needed. One day I could be a teller and the next I could be a Banker or a receptionist. Every one who I work with is a joy to work with. The communication they have is amazing!
It used to be good place....
Annoymous (Current Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 4, 2013
Pros: decent benefits, closed on sundays, paid holidays
Cons: no quality of life, high pressure, bad pay, bad review process, very political, bad leadership
SDCCU USED to be A GREAT place to work. The culture WAS fantastic, like a family atmosphere. With new upper management in place, it is a nightmare. Longevity and "life's work" is no longer important. Family is not valued anymore by certain depts. and you are nothing but replaceable. They do not appreciate or recognize staff like they used to and its very discouraging. They keep making cuts on incentives and therefore employees are not motivated to sell....the slogan is "Its not big banking, it's better"...however, internal operations are ran JUST like a big banks. There are many staff on leave or have left due to the stress of the work environment.
In the new hire orientations, you are told: "If you don't want to be here and this isn't for you, then leave. Don't let the door hit you on the way out".
SDCCU has been voted the Best Place to Work for the past few years...yet none of the internal staff understand how we win this since no one is voting....they are leaving. The turnover is due to bad management, low pay (unless you are an executive) and stressful work conditions. They do not really give out annual raises with your review. Their formula provides you with approx. $0.25 increase or nothing at all. They spend hundreds of thousands of dollars every year, yet fail to recognize the staff that helped them become #1. Definitely talk to some former staff before you choose to work here.
fun place to work
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee), Chula Vista, CAApril 30, 2013
good company to work for. Very reputable credit union. Lots of fun. Hardest part of job is sales, especial;ly if thats not what you like to do.
Headquarters