San Diego County Credit Union

San Diego County Credit Union Employee Reviews

Massive work load, limited staffing
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  AnonoymousSeptember 8, 2016
Their expectations are totally unrealistic. Bonuses are rare and underwhelming. They will squeeze everything out of you chew you up and spit you out.
Pros
Not that I experienced
Cons
CEO is a disaster. "Yes" people only!
You'll be sorry if you apply here. Not worth the stress
Admin office (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 26, 2016
Stay away from this place at all costs!!! . They overwork their employees and You will be micromanaged! The company waits until employees are crying of exhaustion before hiring additional help. The pay is not worth the stress
Pros
Perfect job if you dont want to see your families
Cons
They over work you until you are exhausted. Employee morale is llow. No work life balance.
Amazing Company!
Call Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 28, 2016
SDCCU has a special place in my heart! Amazing staff and management. Great place to work! Opportunity to grow. Fast-paced position.
Pros
Amazing leadership
Cons
Sales program
Desperate? Apply here always hiring
Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 29, 2016
Understaffed and overworked. Unless you like extra stress and daily headaches avoid this place like the plague. Unrealistic sales goals and a high turnoff rate. Micromanaged like children and constantly reminded of member waiting. The only positive thing I can say about this place is that everyone is extremely friendly.
Pros
Free lunches, rotating weekends, paid holidays off, generous Christmas bonus
Cons
Sales pressure, stressful, high turnover, Micro Managed, Understaffed
Great work environment
Financial Service Rep/Real Estate Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Ysidro, CAJune 2, 2016
Great company to work for, full benefits, fun contests/activities. Best part of my job is helping members with their finances and lowering payments to make their life easier.
Great co-workers
Senior Business Development Officer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 2, 2016
I've learned a lot from working here. I enjoyed working with my relationships in the market that I served.

The hardest part about my job was trying to fit as many events in my day.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Healthcare was very expensive
Excellent Place to work
Lead Programmer Analyst, Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 2, 2016
San Diego County Credit Union offered me the following exciting opportunities:

- credit risk application product development/migration to a higher technology version

- online banking products

- take part in various training programs in banking industry

- leadership roles, business analyst role apart from being a system/technical analyst, take part in presentations/seminars/meetings

- excellent management, friendly co-workers

- very good interaction with finance department and other units related to products supported by IT department
Great Company but management is another story
MSR (Current Employee) –  Chula VistaOctober 23, 2015
The company is a great company to work for. Every branch/dept is different, but from my personal experience, there are too many office politics, and it's like high school. Management talks down to you, and they turn their heads to certain situations. Promotions are pretty much pick and chosen in most circumstances. Management tries to intimidate and threaten you if don't conform or address issues they don't like. Major favoritism. Good thing is there are some great members and co workers are awesome. Also the sales pressure is increasing on a daily basis slowly progressing to big banking.
Pros
Sunday's and major holidays off
Cons
Call night, weekends don't rotate, management, and high pressure sales recently
Not the Best!
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 19, 2015
Very understaffed and the turnover is very high due to unhappy employees who do way more than there job requires. Depends on Management and specific branches, which is also a problem, when the company doesn't do things all around the same way, it causes confusion and lack of consistency for the members.
Pros
Opportunities to move up
Cons
Underpaid for work required
Hard work pays off
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 20, 2015
Its a great company to learning everything in the banking world has to offer. They offer a lot of training. The Credit union supports on going education.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Time management
Good transisiton job
Memeber Service Representative (MSR) (Current Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAAugust 14, 2015
Be prepared to work almost all saturdays. Good for student or temp employment. I wouldn't plan to work here permanently.
understaffed all the time
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 14, 2015
stressfull when the branch you work is always understaffed. One raise every year on your review, but overall very good people but if only the company knew how to keep its employees or hire good ones.
good place to work if you like stress
Information Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 9, 2015
This company has high turnover-like a revolving door. People are either quitting or getting fired because they can't meet the unrealistic sales goals. The call volume is high and we are always understaffed.
Pros
generous Christmas bonus, free lunches for holidays, big desks
Cons
a lot of sales pressure and turnover
Positive Work Enviorment
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CAApril 26, 2015
Depending on location can be busy to slow environment great managers all about providing wow service to customers Great hours except for Saturdays
Pros
Positive Enviorment
Cons
Some Saturdays
great place depending on position
Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 20, 2015
no room to move up. if u start low you may be able to move up 1 or 2 positions. (teller, msr) but if u start in the middle good luck. if you are temp, you're screwed... start finding another job! temps are outsiders. no benefits. not eligible for Spanish pay, but they make u take the test. you just come to work and leave, and they hope u come back so they can save money by not hiring you. they hire within for better positions. but if u are a temp you are still an outsider so u would apply like an outsider. they use temps. info center has a high turn over rate. understaffed and over worked.

coworkers are great. people here are great. they smile at you and say hi through the hallways. hiding their stress. this place in general is great. u just have to have the right position. they have a gym and showers in the administrative office.

training is good. a hand full of training classes at the admin office. branch employees get compensated for travel. they are more branch oriented as if you were face to face with the customer....oops "member" as they say here.

all in all if you've been here for a while u may have a better chance. if u are new to the admin building, its tough to move up. at the branch is a lot better because some people come and go. if you are a temp. good luck. don't get frustrated if u apply many times for the same position you have been doing for the past months. just take what u have and look for another position/job. use the training they provide and make it work for you.
Pros
employee appreciation, give aways, raffles, great people, training. spanish pay
Cons
management demands too much, temps are outsiders, hard to move up. over worked. understaffed
Great working place
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 12, 2015
Great place to learn and expand your knowledge, every day is different. Management is hands on, great benefits, good work environment. It's a member oriented organization that is not for profit, looking for the well-being of our members.
Unprofessional and Judgemental
Seasonal Bank Teller I (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CAJanuary 13, 2015
I was let go baste on my personal life and not my skills at work. I was judged the moment I walked through the door. On the other hand, I was LOVED by all member and was complemented everyday.
Best place to work!
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  El Cajon, CADecember 18, 2014
Awesome management, good compensation, perfect balance.
not much room to advance
INFORMATION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 24, 2014
High turn over. Low wages. The people where great to work with. Not a lot of room to advance.
Pros
friendly
Cons
high turnover
OK entry level banking position
Financial Service Representative/Loan interviewer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 4, 2014
If you are interested in processing loans and learning more about the underwriting process this is a decent job. I felt as though I was an overpaid teller and the managers at the time we not considerate of any of the employees in the branch at all. I would go back to this company but in a different position.
Pros
easy work
Cons
strict scheduling

Ask a question about working or interviewing at San Diego County Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9