SAN DIEGO COUNTY OFFICE OF EDUCATION Employee Reviews

Commercial Warrant Associate/Auditor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 26, 2016
Worked in AP/AR, Retirement, and Commercial Warrants/Auditing Unit. Dealt with all payments to all school sites within San Diego County. Paid bills, collected payments and processed and maintained employee retirement papers.
Contact Writing Assignments
Recording Secretary (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 28, 2016
Great opportunity to see the public and the administration work through conflicts in education policy. I was able to record and transcribe the web posting to keep the public informed. Felt like it was important work and it allowed for politically correct narration that kept names of the participants anonymous while allowing the discussion to be transparent. It was an opportunity to define clear and concise language to transmit fair representation of the Task Force Meetings.
Pros
Stimulating Work
Cons
Temporary
Clerical/ IT Intern/ Receptionist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 13, 2016
You are at the center of everything. You learn on the jobs and lateral transfers are available to those who qualify which gives you a chance to learn something new. You can start from the bottom and end up in a higher up position just by showing you want it and can take the work load on.
Great work culture
Webcast Service Technician (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 2, 2015
If looking for a career it is a good place to set roots. Supportive management in certain departments. Education incentives, personal growth assistance, and promotional opportunities. Trying to create a positive atmosphere and culture as well as more transparency among management and staff.
A good place to work, grow personally and professionally.
Translator/Interpreter (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 17, 2015
In this place many great minds of education meet. It is an organization that is committed to provide service to all the many districts in the San Diego County area.
Was a wonderful place to work.
Administrative Assistant III (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 7, 2015
I had a wonderful experience at each one of the positions I held there. I worked at two elementary schools, one middle school, and then the district office before I moved on. I treasured each position, each relationship, and each learning and growth opportunity I received. I wouldn't be where I am now if it had not been for the opportunities I had in La Mesa.
Pros
Ability to grow and move up
Cons
Qualifying to test
Pros and Cons
Buyer - Manager, Internal Business Services (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 11, 2015
Wonderful co-workers, dedicated and hardworking. Dysfunctional managers with poor managerial skills. That's all I have to say about the culture.
Academic environment open to "out of the box thinkers"
Education Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 23, 2015
A typical day at work started at 7am and ended at 7pm…
What started as an adventure, in 6 years, ended up as a disaster…
Management created a hostile work environment, making it impossible to want to continue to work there.
Students were treated as a liability, not a resource, and basic financial support was lacking, school supplies were denied, forcing the use of personal funds to support the academic environment with basics like paper, pens, field trips, books etc.
Contact with co-workers was great initially, but as budgets were cut, and training opportunities disappeared, so did the contact with other teachers, job sites were isolated, due to the nature of working with a variety of gangs in the San Diego Community…
The hardest part of the job was getting administrative support.
The most enjoyable part of the job was see the academic success of a student, who for perhaps the first time, had meet a teacher who respected them for who they were and accepted them for where they were academically, not were they were suppose to be, and gave them hope of where they could be as contributing members of society.
Pros
Computer Based Education
Cons
No student free lunches in 6 years...
Sdcoe
Instructional Designer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 19, 2015
• Designed and developed E-learning courses for the Outdoor Education Department using Adobe Captivate
• Developed onboard training including computer simulations and tutorials for newly hired staff members
• Created webpages for the Outdoor Education Department using Dreamweaver and SharePoint
• Provided IT support to the Outdoor Education Department
challenging
School Based Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 29, 2014
A typical day includes managing a large caseload of students and travelling between various schools within the district to provide OT services. I enjoy my students and working with the staff at each site and find a collaborative approach the best practice.
Pros
my students
Good Job
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 1, 2014
It was a very easy going job. Except on graduation days when it would get overwhelmingly busy. But it wasn't all that bad.
Fun workplace
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 21, 2014
Call students parents when absent or tardy. Grade students work. Give out lunch. Assist teacher in any copies, faxes etc.
Challenging job
Teachers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Imperial Beach, CAOctober 10, 2013
Working with youth very fun but at times very challenging.Most of the day I tutored students and graded papers. Made often phone calls to parents.
a great opportunity to teach life and culinary skills to high school students
Culinary Arts Instructor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 20, 2013
It was a 2 year gig for me, alongside my full time job as a chef. I learned to lower my expectations of immediate results, and to relax and have fun with them while we learned productivity and good work habits.
Pros
it was fun and rewarding to connect with teenagers
Cons
sudden loss of funding for continuation of my job
Great social learning environment.
Data Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 4, 2013
I learned a great amount of social skills interacting with teachers during the training events.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
upset teachers.
Productive fun place to work.
Claims Processor/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 9, 2013
A typical day at work is in by 8am logged in computer pulled paper
claims from drawer to process in the interim also answered member and provider calls logged all calls into system. Also had other duties
as writing our own denail letters and subrogation letters, did all adjustements on voids and refunds and assisted with check runs.
I learned customer service, how to answer the phone explain plan and policies to members and providers always in a professional manner.
My co workers were great. We all worked as a team to get the job done.Be it processing claims, customer service calls, check runs ect. I worked with excellent group.
Hardest part of the job was adjusting voids and refunds.
The most enjoyable part is customer service when a member calls with an issue and you help resolve the issue with members satisfaction. That sense of accomplishment is always good.
Pros
excellent salary and benefits
Cons
no flex time/standard 8:00 to 4:30
Great workplace with comfortable and pleasant atmosphere.
Account Clerk II (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 16, 2013
Very enjoyable working environment, people are easy to get along with.
Productive fun enviro.
Clerk Typist II (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 22, 2012
Working for SDCOE was great, staff and teachers were a treat to work with.
Pros
weekends and holidays off.
Cons
miss my co-workers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SAN DIEGO COUNTY OFFICE OF EDUCATION. Our community is ready to answer.

SAN DIEGO COUNTY OFFICE OF EDUCATION Reviews by Location