San Diego Housing Commission Employee Review

View all San Diego Housing Commission reviews

The San Diego Housing Commission offers employees the flexibility needed to balance work and family.
Housing Construction Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 24, 2013
A typical work day as an Housing Construction Specialist included calling and receiving calls from clients regarding the progress of their housing rehabilitation projects, inspecting owner properties, creating work write ups, preparing contracts and paying vendors.

I learned the dynamics of the construction industry and how to interact with a diverse clientele.

The management and co-workers were quick to assist when called upon to do so.

The hardest part of the job was the bureaucracy that hindered the benefits to the clients.

The most enjoyable part of the job was assisting clients to make their homes healthy and safe.
Pros
Worked a 9 hour day and was off every other Friday.
Cons
Too many levels between management and line staff.

Other San Diego Housing Commission Employee Reviews

Public Housing/Property Manager
Afforadable & Public Housing Property Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 29, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is flexibility. Yes, there will be good days and bad days, but the flexibility with my job and family is awesome. The supervisors are very understanding when you want to take some time off from work. The people who I work with are very nice and easy to talk to. But when it comes to family, I can count on my supervisor to let me have some quality time with my family and of course I need to get my job done, but it's worth the pressure to meet the deadlines.
Pros
Flex credit, mileage reimbursement, and training
Cons
Short lunch break
Meeting new people everyday
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 23, 2018
Involved doing interior and exterior inspections to all the sites on a monthly basis. Conducted interior inspections on different units 6 to 7 times a day 5 days a week. Supervised a great maintenance crew.
Pros
No lack of work
Cons
Lots of driving and paperwork