San Diego Padres Employee Reviews

Great entry
Events Staff (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 15, 2017
This was when the Padres were actually winning. Job load wasn't hard, not exactly a lifetime career. Easy going work culture as long as you got your assignment done.
Very helpful
Professional Athlete (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 18, 2017
The San Diego Padres gave me the chance to live out my childhood dreams I could never thank them enough. I had a blast while it lasted and it will be something I never forget
Fun Workplace in Sports Industry Limited Options
Intern in the Special Events Department (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 26, 2017
Great place to get your career started in sports industry. Hours are very long (weekends, nights, and holidays) during season. Very difficult to move up in the company.
Compadres was a fan rewards program
Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 3, 2017
Handed out rewards for Compadres members based on the number of games they attended

Stocked multiple Compdres rewards centers with tickets, membership cards, and rewards

Assisted with any issues a member may have had
Pros
Got paid to be at 81 baseball games
Cons
Only worked home games, so not a viable source of income
Sdp
Intern (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 25, 2016
A great place to work if you love baseball and a high salary is not one of your primary concerns. Sometimes it is best to remind yourself that you work at a baseball stadium in San Diego
Fun Environment with Great People
Ticket Seller (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 5, 2016
The job has plenty of benefits besides the obvious fact you get to work in an MLB stadium. I met tons of great people who I am still friends with today, got discounts on food and merchandise, and they provide decent food at a good price in the employee lounge. Overall a great job with great pay.
Incredible Organization to work for. From fun to family and friends.
Account Specialist, Membership Services (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 12, 2015
The San Diego Padres Sales team is a top of the line sales team not only in the baseball industry, but sports industry. Top 3 biggest sales departments in all of sports lead by driven individuals that pass on the passion, drive and fun in coming to work at a ballpark everyday.
Fast paced and exciting work environment
Assistant Director, Ticket Operations (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 6, 2015
Diverse and challenging work that requires quick thinking to adapt to ever changing demands. Works with every level of management to insure meeting set goals of department and organization.
Pros
Culture allows for growth in developing wide variety of skills
Cons
Hours can be challenging due to varied event times
Great experience if you are a fanatic to baseball but an excellent organization to work for
Premium Seat Host (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 5, 2015
Great place to meet friends and guest and to maximize your guest services experience. An exceptional organization to be vocal due to the fan around you
great place to work
Event Crew (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 14, 2015
Bosses are awesome and know a lot about the business. Teach what it takes to be successful. They understand that customer service is key.
First as a player for them then as a staff member on the major level
Field Manager, Class AA Level Texas League (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TexasAugust 3, 2015
Was a player for them then became a coach for them after my career was over as a player, also coached for one of their minor league teams
Pros
Working and playing with new teammates
Cons
Team wasnt very good as they had just joined the national league in 1969
Entertainment / Sports Baseball Enviroment
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 10, 2015
a typical day including checking in to find out where you will staffed and working for the day in the ballpark. the most enjoyable part of the day is insuring that the guests have an enjoyable experience and that i was able to provide them excellent guest service and made their visit a memorible one.
Fun and Productive Workplace
Event Operations Staff (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 15, 2015
This fast paced environment has taught me a lot and has also pushed me to open up more to new experiences and people. Working in the event side of things has made me realize that even in the most hectic environments I can remain level headed.
awesome team
Friarvision Technician (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 7, 2015
everyone is a pro , but we know how to have fun, with the new video board up the job is so much fun plus its my favorite sports team ever
Cons
game day only
fun playing baseball
team member (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 19, 2014
tough life as a minor leaguer.
had to manage life and work.
having to find jobs in off season and still manage to work out and get ready for the next year.
meet a good amount of life long friends who have the same passion and dream as you
Fun workplace living out my dream of playing baseball
Baseball Player (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 3, 2014
I was a minor league baseball player. We played games everyday with 1 or 2 days off in a month. I loved meeting new people and working with a team. The hardest part of my job were the long hours and late nights. I enjoyed getting a chance to play baseball everyday in front of thousands of fans. Overall it was a awesome experience and I wouldn't have traded it for the world.
Pros
Meal money and free housing/transportation
Cons
Being away from family for 6 months at a time
Exciting sports environment.
Photographer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 28, 2014
Fan photography. Up-selling photographic sports memories at the games.
Laid back, simple, repetitive, has its quirks
Window Seller (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 4, 2014
The job itself is very easy once you get the hang of the system. We get to sit down for the majority of our shifts. We are at our own window - which gives me my own personal space, and I enjoy that. The management isn't top quality, but they get the job done. There are times when they are just plain rude and other times when they act like we are bothering them with questions instead of having a welcoming attitude, like my ideal manager would. I think that would be the worst part of the job. I don't have to interact with the management very much though, so I don't really have any complaints. The job is easy and very laid back and the pay is great. I leave every day with a smile on my face.
Great experience playing professional baseball
Professionaln Baseball Player (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 6, 2014
Played professional baseball for three season.

Typical day was to arrive at the park at 2PM play the game at 7PM and return home.

The lifestyle of pro baseball was the best part of the job.
SD Padres
Professional Baseball Player (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 13, 2014
Overall great experience. Environment was first class. Travel was first class.