San Diego Rescue Mission

San Diego Rescue Mission Employer Reviews

Helping The Homeless
Intake Counselor (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 2, 2013
Pros: seeing hope come alive
Cons: seeing some give up!
I first job a an Intake counselor working with the homeless, where I brought clients into and shelter, we also provide meals shower and clothing on a daily basic to homeless men. My job was to oversee the intake to those that were quantified for long term shelter and treatment. I learned that we all need help at some point of our lives and that there – more... is some available. the management was of Christian Faith that embraced all regardless of background. I enjoyed and saw what faith can do! the hardest part was putting someone out because they endanger others lives and recovery. But most got a look at the way life could be if they continued working and believing in themselves and kept the faith. – less
Helping the homeless.
Dispatcher (Current Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 23, 2013
Pros: job satisfaction
Cons: middle-management better re-named muddle-management
First-rate Christian Organization doing great work. Working with Donors who want to help is getting a front row view of GOD'S hand at work.
A super, duper place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 7, 2013
Rewarding to see guys succeed and become productive members of society.
A life changing ongoing experience
Intake Worker (Current Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 16, 2012
Pros: the christian persdpective
Cons: myself (rarely)
The San Diego Rescue Mission has continued to teach the necessary skills to become a responsible and productive member of my community once again. I have been given a priceless gift which I can never repay.
Fun and Busy Customer oriented job.
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 13, 2012
Pros: allowed to purchase first pick of everyday household items, furniture, clothing and electronics.
Cons: one real break per day, which was a half-an-hour for lunch and mandatory saturdays
a typical day at work: you come in, count your drawer, set up credit card machine and open point-of-sale.Open the front doors and start tidying the store;such as pick up anything on the floor or thrown over clothing racks, return go-backs to their proper place,clean area behind the register,and glass display cases.Then, when that is reasonably caught – more... up, assist the store manager in determining where more stock is needed and ordering more stock, while keeping an awareness of customers in the store. Greet and direct incoming volunteer groups and assign them duties.Over see daily employee duites and chores are being completed properly. Accept incoming donations and sort according to their type,in their proper place.
While on this job, I learned to use discretion, be punctual,reliable courteous and always customer oriented.My co-workers were very agreeable, but doing your share of the everyday work is really the most important part of good co-worker relationships.
The hardest part of this job is knowing when someone is trying to get one over on you,for instance begging you to lower a price or give a bigger discount.
The most enjoyable part of this job is the daily contact with customers who begin to know you and build friendships with you.My favorite thing to do is make a customer's shopping experience a great one just by being as nice and as accomodating as possible. My favorite days are the days that we offered a 50% discount, and to see the customer smile when they realize they just got a really good deal. – less
Good Place To Work
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 13, 2012
I am currently living at the mission,so I work free for the them,but I enjoy my work.I have a very good boss,and a lot of good people that work with me,and I get satisfaction from the work knowing that I,m doing something to help people.
fun and and enjoyable place to work.
Retail & Scullery (Current Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 14, 2012
Pros: scullery
awesome place to work and be a part of. people aer great and the managment is friendly.
Great place to work if you want to help those to want to get out of the slums
120 Elm Street (Former Employee), Resident ManagerNovember 7, 2011
Pros: watching people heal
San Digo Rescue is a great place to work. The Hours I worked were hard because I work mostly graveyard and Sat days and you have to be very flexible. The turn over ratio was much but if you can handle hard work mentally you should do fine. People who have been down and out go through many changes but by the Grace of GOD strength will be there for Employee – more... and Resident. I should say this is a serious job and it is for serious and loving people only. – less