San Diego State University Employee Reviews in United States

Fun working place with a lot of learning
IT Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 10, 2016
I enjoy working at my current position because I get to learn every day more about Informatics and computer operating systems. We would part out equipment to specify if they were broken or still usable.
Pros
Federal Work study no tax reduction
Cons
no cons
Educational, fast paced, and fun place to gain experience with students.
Intern, Familia Indigena Unida (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 6, 2016
A typical day as an intern at Familia Indigena Unida was arriving and immediately tutoring the students. Their ages ranged from 5 to 18 years old. Other interns were also students like me from SDSU and some from USD and Mesa College. The hardest part of interning was working with middle school aged children. The most enjoyable part was watching the children make progress in learning English.
Pretty good and fun school
Harambee Weekend (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 19, 2016
This job was a really good job helped me learn about the prospective new black freshman men and women. Also served as a great opportunity to be a mentor to these black men and women
Athletics
Academic Tutor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 12, 2016
It was a fun and intriguing experience to work with Division I athletes. Their schedules are so busy, so it was really rewarding in helping them take on one week at a time.
Spontenous Workplace
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 6, 2016
A typical day at work consists of checking our "troubleshoot log" to see what classroom needs the most immediate attention, while still checking equipment functionality during down times. Hardest part of the job would be installing speakers in the ceiling of classrooms. Management is getting better but not impressive.
Pros
Flexible with student schedules
Cons
No health care for students
Productive, fun at workplace, communication with many students
Computer Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 23, 2016
Assist students as required for supporting them in the completion of their work
Troubleshoots malfunction of hardware and software applications
Maintain computer lab for the purpose of ensuring availability of equipment to enhance to enhance the instructional program
Contacted and reported any issues/faults on the lab to supervisor/technician
Learn
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Calexico, CAApril 22, 2016
This job I got to to learn coordination stick to the schedules because we need to get all the classrooms and restrooms clean before classes starts and after that do works order an daily basis
productive and good learning enviroment
San Diego State University Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 6, 2016
n addition, possess more than one year of tutor experience in college, I had developed good communication skill and problem solving skill, I can find the best way to match the requirement in different situation. From the experience of teaching students, I can determine multiple ways to solve a question and explain to others to best fit their learning style. I believe this skill can be used in your bank when communicating with clients from different culture and backgrounds.
Nice
High School Diploma (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 10, 2016
This is high school. I have nothing much to say other than it was a chapter of my life that many of us had experience while we were in high school.
Overall is good
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 8, 2016
Great benefits package
No room for advancement
Custodial services levels and frequency are determined by the type of space (public, private
office, restroom, etc.)
As a general rule, tile floors can be stripped and waxed once a year as maintenance and
carpets cleaned every two years as maintenance.
Maintenance custodial services are scheduled based on availability.
State Job
Facility Services - Custodial (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 29, 2016
Great benefits package
No room for advancement
office, restroom, etc.)
carpets cleaned every two years as maintenance.
Maintenance custodial services are scheduled based on availability.
Benefits
Cons
too many in management, not enough workers
Staff Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 26, 2016
I have had the opportunity to have a real world client experience. I have the responsibility of client vetting for the Aztec Consulting Program. I am a mentor for undergraduate business students and I help them provide valuable consulting for Businesses. It is a great exposure for me.
Pros
Real world client experience
Cons
No cons. I love every aspect of it.
A great place to grow and advance your career
VIP Catering Event Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAA typpFebruary 8, 2016
A typical day at work is anything but typical Everyday is different, which is exciting but unpredictable. My days off are constantly changing and often not consecutive, which makes it hard to plan a personal life.
Pros
Free lunches and break drinks. Paid holidays and vacation
Cons
Unpredictable schedule
Fun Work Environment
Student Athlete Tutor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 31, 2016
Great environment and being able to help athletes understand their material better. Great flexibility in the hours and they understand that school comes first for tutors.
Great if you have the right managers!
Student Network Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 28, 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed my time spent working for the Enterprise Network Services at San Diego State and I will, most definitely, never forget it. They provided a lot of leeway to work around your school schedule and tests, and on-the-job training. My only complaint is that the "supervisors" were not supervisors at all - they were administrators who were tasked with babysitting the students, and they had no management training whatsoever. Problems were allowed to rise between coworkers that should have been caught immediately. It quickly became a toxic environment.
Pros
No supervision.
Cons
No supervision.
An awesome school
Undergraduate Researcher (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 28, 2015
SDSU is a great school, with a lot of great faculty and students. It has a relaxed attitude in general, while still praising academic excellence (and not an over-emphasis on the athletic part of the school).
Productive and Friendly Place to work
Intern (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 19, 2015
Friendly Customer Service to students and Parents
Data entry to local health agencies (FHCSD, VCC, SYHC)
Supportive Management
Great way to learn great customer service
Fun place to work
Graduate Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 10, 2015
supportive management and very flexible work schedule. As the work is pretty stressful but I enjoy it alongside my colleagues.
Full time student
Student, Professor Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 27, 2015
My typical day at SDSU was to show up for classes and do my best. I was involved in many campus groups including honor societies. I worked closely with a professor in the Indian Studies department. The hardest part of my job was leaving and learning that the professor was a victim of cancer and died early 2015.
Pros
Learning many facets of culture and education
Cons
My professor passed away
Very Educational
Biology 100 Teachers Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 10, 2015
Learned a lot about biology and dealing with people. Fun environment to learn and provide assistance to students. Most enjoyable part of the job is helping students learn.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at San Diego State University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4