San Diego State University

San Diego State University Employee Reviews

What I Learned
Senior Undergraduate (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 3, 2015
Pros: Open Discussion, Community Service Projects & Research Projects
Cons: N/A
During my undergraduate studies at SDSU, taking Multicultural Ed as a prerequisite to graduate taught me a whole lot about diversity and pluralism itself. I learned to set aside some of my bias and embrace how others also looked at things such as political views, religion etc. without coming across as being judgmental. In essence, this course taught me how to look at society as a whole by keeping an open mind and also showing tolerance at the same time.
Great culture and work, average pay and benefits.
Writing Tutor (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJune 13, 2015
Excellent culture, management, and co-workers, coupled with a fun job in the first place. Tempered by average pay and benefits.
Great student job
Graduate Assistant/Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJune 3, 2015
Pros: Flexible work hours, multiple skills increased, ability to work one on one with professors
Cons: Relatively low pay and hour caps, possible assignment overload
Working at the Economics department as a Graduate Assistant/Teaching Assistant was an interesting job. Some weeks there are far too many assignments to do and not enough time to complete them. However, other weeks there were barely any assignments to do. It was fun answering questions for the students and being able to summarize complex economics topics into terms they could understand. Helping out professors with their research supplemented my data analysis skills and provided them with extra time to focus on their own research. It is a good job while working on a Master's or Bachelor's degree as the teachers are willing to work around schedules.
Good!
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJune 1, 2015
Great place ! Although it needs more organizing , it is good to study and TA in , although students are not that keen in learning the physics labs and they are just taking it because it is a requirement
Guest Lecturer for a variety of classes
Guest Lecturer (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMay 22, 2015
Pros: Attentive students.
Cons: It was volunteer work, so no pay.
I provided guest lectures when desired for many of my former professors. It was great professional training, and helped my confidence immensely.
Relaxed, productive, and wonderful co-workers.
Traffic/Construction Engineer Project (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 27, 2015
Pros: Training, low stress, benefits, work environment (co-workers), management.
Cons: 30min lunch break, pay, slow work
City work is always on demand, so there is always something to do. It can be slow, but training and career development is always available for employees. Compensation is lower, but benefits make up for pay. Great place to work at.
A collaborative environment where I am able to deal with people on a consistent basis.
Student Assistant (Current Employee), San Diego, CAApril 16, 2015
Task vary depending on the time of the year, but I spend a lot of time creating and verifying book records. I work with hard working individuals who make a valiant effort to keep the library running efficiently.The hardest part of this job is during mid-term and finals where books are constantly on the move, but my peer make it a more enjoyable process.
Domain: FPGA based Design Implementation
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 28, 2015
• Performance Optimization of FPGA based IIR Filter Design.
• Intensive research on Pipelining Techniques followed by Retiming on DF I and DF II structures for Higher Sample Rate with Low Area FPGA Area Utilization.
• RTL design/simulation/synthesis, timing analysis using verilog HDL.
It is a very friendly place with perfect weather
Section Lecturer (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 5, 2015
It is a good college to start with plus the weather in San Diego is great! The Staff at the San Diego State University are very nice.
Good Opportunity for Graduate Students
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: health benefits, summer work available
Cons: small income, out of school grading
While the job didn't pay well as far as actual yearly salary it was fun to be able to teach the students. I would have to plan my weekly lectures as well as grade homework. In the class I would give the students a quiz and answer any questions while they were performing the lab. All of my other TAs were fun to hang out with, although we rarely actually worked together. Management was overall good, but the lab manual was in severe need of updating, but we were each in charge of our own labs. The hardest part of the job was having to do an extra assignment such as helping lecturers with their separate class.
Postdoctoral Researcher (Current Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 18, 2015
I enjoy working at SDSU. It has good facilities and good people. I highly recommend working here. You would enjoy the people and location.
AZTEC for Life
Portuguese as a Foreign Language Lecturer (Current Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: faculty friendliness, sense of belonging
Cons: full time contracts needed.
My experience working at San Diego State University has been great. I started as a student in their Linguistics program, pursuing an academic certificate in Applied Linguistics and ESL teaching in 2001, which enabled me to apply for my first ESL teaching position in Adult Education in 2004. Once I completed my MA TESOL in 2006, I was invited to apply for a part-time Lecturer position in the department of Spanish and Portuguese. I have been teaching consecutive courses there since 2009.
Great place to learn
Liscened Vocational nurse (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: beautiful campus taking walks around at break time
Cons: low pay
helpful co workers always willing to teach, helpful in adding more skills and becoming more proficient in skills.
Excellent
Front Desk Assistant (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 25, 2015
My experience was excellent. I performed general clerical and administrative tasks while interacting with the public.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Research Assistant (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 21, 2015
A typical day at work included, working on the research project.
Very productive
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), San Diego, CADecember 20, 2014
It also helped to improve my concepts about the subject. I enjoyed grading the assignments of the students. If the answer is wrong I used to think about counterexample to disprove it.
Productive environment with people I can relate with
Head Coach of Player Development (13U) (Current Employee), San Diego, CADecember 18, 2014
Pros: helping people, do what i love, teach baseball
Cons: n/a
Recently I have joined the staff working with young adults. Most of my co-workers are close friends and we all know one another outside of the job. I work with 13 year olds and establish a strong framework for their development in baseball.
Good experience
Laser Spectroscopy Research (Current Employee), San Diego, CANovember 21, 2014
It is a friendly place to work with lots of good research going on
San Diego State University is a Leader In Higher Education
Administrative Support Coordinator (Current Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 23, 2014
A typical day at work begins around 7:45am. Preparing for the daily operation that begins at 8am. This gives us the time to open the multiple programs we will use throughout the day, gather material that will be needed. We begin by answering as many emails as we can get to, along with answering 100s of phone calls being directed to our office, from the general public, students, former students, parents of current and past students, on the policies of the school and the Office of the Registrar.

SDSU, has been very rewarding and allowed me the opportunity to work in one of the most important fields in our society. It also allowed me to work with some the smartest people In our discipline. Each of my co-workers possesses a unique skill set to perform special task. It makes for a very interesting experience during the work week. The hardest part of the job is obtaining information as it changes often in large institutions in a timely manner.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with our students.
Productive and fun
Student Athlete (Former Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 2, 2014
play in games, practice, go to school, physical therapy, study hall.

1 2 3 4