San Diego State University

San Diego State University Employer Reviews

decent place
Student Assistant (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 6, 2014
it was cool sometimes a bit frustrating because there was always a new person who wouldn't be qualified to work there but overall everyone works their part to make things run as smooth as possible.
Productive Workplace
DUI Case Manager (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 2, 2014
Cons: job was only part time
It was always a productive workplace, I would go in and facilitate groups and do Faces2Faces. I learned that I enjoyed working in a Modality that did groups more then doing 1-1 sessions. The management there was very professional and did their jobs good. My co-workers there were helpful, but went there to work and not make friends. The hardest part – more... of my job there was learning some of the paperwork and the most enjoyable part of my job was working with groups of people. – less
Productive and fun work environment
Teaching Assistant - Morality of War - SDSU (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 2, 2014
Grading exams and discussion boards, answering student emails, holding office hours and tutoring.

I learned how to explain complex concepts to young adults from varied backgrounds. This was the most enjoyable part of the job. The least enjoyable part was grading exams during finals. After a while, it simply was tedious.
Productive and fun work place.Encouraging and supportive culture.
SAP GRC & Security Consultant (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJune 10, 2014
Good place to work and get experience.Laid back culture but encouraging environment.
flexible schedule
Academic Mentor (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMay 22, 2014
Pros: build your own schedule
Cons: cancelled sessions
I mentored 8 freshmen students on a weekly basis. I enjoyed getting to know the students and guiding them throughout the school year. This job requires you to be very independent, there is nobody overseeing your tutoring. This means you have to be professional and self-motivated.
Productive and friendly.
Undergraduate Researcher (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMay 20, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
A typical week standard by organizing my workload for the duration of the day and week. The responsibilities ranged from reserving equipment to preparing solutions and buffers. Management was friendly and helpful. Co-workers were approachable and helpful with questions.
graduate assistant
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), San DiegoMay 19, 2014
Office work
Proctor exam
Data entry of industry information
Grade assignment and exam
Excellent work environment
United States Army Accessions and Cadet Command (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMay 19, 2014
Pros: excellent benefit packages
Cons: regular staff meetings
Well structured organization with distinct chain of command
Knowledgeable staff who are agreeable to help newcomers.
Coordinator Aerospace Engineering Department (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 30, 2014
Pros: good lateral movement once off probation
Cons: arachaic hiring process favoring age discrimination
Chronyism system for hiring either permanent or temporary. Management issues in College of Engineering. Dean failed both 5-year evaluations and wasn't asked to resign/retire until after the second one was worse than the first. Management problems which since 2013 have been corrected.

This was a temporary position.
PRODUCTIVE
Administrative Assistance & Clerical Support (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 23, 2014
GREAT PLACE TO WORK. I GAINED A GREAT DEAL OF EXPERIENCE. THE STAFF WERE VERY FRIENDLY AND HELPFUL.
Glad I had the experience.
President/ Founder, Student Ability Network (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 16, 2014
Pros: best people
Cons: not enough time.
I was there two years to obtain my B.A. Next thing you know I started a club with the purpose of it being a fraternity one day. I liked working with the people I did at the school. It is always hard to be the new kid on the block and wish I had more time to implement the constitution that I wrote.
Good Job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 15, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: board
Great Organization, Corrupt Board, Hard to work for a President who is corrupt.
A fast-paced and fun environment to work in.
Director of Basketball Operations for WBB (Current Employee), San Diego, CAApril 10, 2014
Pros: during season, you can go with days without an off day.
Cons: i work with an amazing group of people.
Our season is from November to April. During this time I am mainly working on our team travel which consists of booking flights, lodging, coordinating meals and ground transportation for home and away contests. I also oversee our budget and work closely with our business office on strategies and managing our budget within the university policies.

During – more... the off-season, I assist our coaching staff and help coordinate their recruiting trips which also consists of booking flight, lodging and ground transportation. I also oversee our booster club activities and assist with our fundraising events and work with our marketing contact to coordinate special events.

I am a liaison to many different departments within our organization. I provide direct administrative assistance to our coaches on a daily basis. – less
Masters Student Teaching Associate
Statistics Instructor - Teaching Associate (Current Employee), San Diego, CAApril 4, 2014
Pros: on campus, learning experience, good pay & benefits, personally rewarding
Cons: grading can be tedious and time consuming
As a graduate student I was given a position as a statistics instructor for an undergraduate statistics course. I ran the labs, during which I would lecture, assign homework, and provide individualized instruction and feedback to students in the class. I worked with other graduate students who taught different sections of the same course, overseen by – more... a department professor whom we met with weekly as a group.

Overall, the experience was a very positive one. I learned a great deal as I was teaching due to the variety and detail of questions my students presented to me. Much of what I learned I will take with me as I transition into a career. Additionally, it is a fairly uncommon courtesy of the program to provide such good compensation and full medical/dental benefits to its TAs. – less
State University, fun in the sun, but some serious academics
Disabled Student Services (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 29, 2014
SDSU is a terrific university, however it is a State university and is prone to many budget cuts therefore some jobs are often hanging on the edge until the following year's budget becomes available.
Self motivation.
Graduate student assistant (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 16, 2014
We need to do everything on our own from learning to execution of the scripts.
Good job for a student
Teaching Associate (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 7, 2014
Pros: health care
department of math and stats, they prefer second-year graduate students.
Good school
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 26, 2014
Good school. Fun place to learn and party.
lot of diverse population.
work is fun.
productive enviroment
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 9, 2014
• Recruitment of study participant and data collection for multiple sites study
• Responsible for validation, coding, and entry (SPSS) of all participant data
• Responsible for the development and implementation of all project processes and protocols
• Created study recruitment flyers and publicize research studies in the community
• Certified in SDSU – more... IRB protocol – less
Student life
Student (Current Employee), San Diego, CANovember 18, 2013
Pros: real life, hands-on experience
Cons: can be overwhelming
Very rewarding and useful group projects. worked with real companies developing marketing campaigns.

1 2 3