San Diego State University Employee Reviews

Very demanding, very little benefits
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 19, 2017
Free room and board with meal plan is a small price to pay for the sacrifices you have to make for being an RA. Being a Resident Advisor is expected to come first before school work, social life, etc. even though the organization tells you other wise. Some nights you will be up until 5am writing incident reports and you could have an 8am class the next day.
good learning experience for undergraduates.
Research Assistant Intern (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 17, 2017
there are many opportunities to learn about different research in connection to mental illnesses in both children and adults. This will also help with obtaining experience if wantin to apply for Masters program at the University.
Pros
free experience
Cons
no cons
Great opportunities in an educational environment
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 17, 2017
SDSU has a variety of different employment options with the opportunity for advancement. Coworkers are pleasant and willing to help when needed. It's a great university to work for.
Graduate Student
Student (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 15, 2017
I was a graduate student and earned my Masters degree in Clinical Psychology. I had the opportunity to do behavioral research in several labs. Overall it was a great experience
Enjoyable environment and friendly co-workers
PhD Candidate (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 30, 2017
Great interaction with professors and co-workers is what makes my job beautiful place to work and study. After working +5 years in PhD in this school, they have never failed to support me in many ways.
Pros
Free access to electronic journal articles and softwares (Photoshop, Microsoft Office, Matlab, and etc.)
Cons
N/a
Productive and fun
Football Player (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 30, 2017
This is not a paid job. Being a student athlete is much like a real job except there is no pay. Between lifting, team meetings, practice and class we would start around 8 am and go till 7 pm with class.
Pros
Playing football
Positive Experience
Course Grader (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 29, 2017
I was asked to be a course grader by one of my professors. They were willing to work with my own class schedule as well as my extracurriculars. I enjoyed work and I'm appreciative of the experience.
Busy Admin Heavy Job
Assistant Hall Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 25, 2017
It is what you make of it. This is a job you could get inundated with admin things and get bogged down with that but if you throw yourself into it, you will get so much out of it. It is what you make of it!
Pros
support from supervisors
Cons
work life balance
This is a wonderful job and opportunity
Teaching Associate (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 20, 2017
Working as a Teaching Associate at SDSU is rewarding. I get to experience teaching while still in graduate school. I work with amazing professors who are genuinely invested in my future as well as bright young minds.
Was trusted to do the work and at my own pace
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 17, 2017
The work was monotonous but also I was able to come in whenever I had the time whenever I wanted to and do the work when I felt like it. I worked at the Public Health lab.
Pros
solitude, listen to your music
Cons
long hours, boring work
Elite training
Volunteer Coach, Sprints, Hurdles, Jumps (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 16, 2017
Elite, championship atmosphere. Strong minded individuals with dedicated work ethics and strong positive values. Demanding job physically and mentally.
Collaborative work environment in athletics
Director of Basketball Operations (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 14, 2017
Collegial and collaborative work environment where student-athletes and their interests are put first. Lots of campus and organization resources that allow for potential success and career development and growth.
Pros
Great co-workers, facilities, get to be around athletic events
Cons
Tough hours, lots of travel
Fun Career Fairs
Student Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 10, 2017
I love when we have to organize the Career Fairs at SDSU because I get to work on new design and styles for each fair and use that design for the posters, flyers, monitors etc.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Workstudies limits my hours
Good place
Research Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  5500 Campanile Dr, San Diego, CA 92182March 27, 2017
San Diego State University is a very good place to work and study at. I finish my classes and go to work, the boss is a great guy who gives me as much time as I need during exams and midterms.
Positive work environment with low pay
Course Instructor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 25, 2017
Overall, instructing courses at SDSU was a positive experience and a built in part of my job responsibilities as a PhD student in Geography. I enjoyed serving as an geography instructor for college youth and appreciate the training offered to prepare for a career in academia.
Great place for research
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 13, 2017
SDSU is a great school and has a lot of research options. Almost everyone I have encountered has been helpful. It has a good work environment with a lot of valuable experiences.
Great for student's with full course load.
Grading Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 9, 2017
Great place to work for students with full course load. Hours are extremely flexible. Professors are kind and caring in regards to their graders. Hours do not exceed more than 20 hours a week at the very most.
Skill development and exposure to real time standards as research assistant
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 9, 2017
Had a very good work experience and enjoyed working at san diego state University. Learned and improved lot of technical skills. Work place is really good. Always had all the things required for my research like equipment, devices e.t.c and if needed any management always provided them.
Best School
Course work (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 8, 2017
Amazing school where your education dreams can be met. Tons of hands on teaching that allows you to meet and know professors on a first name basis. Truly and amazing school
Research Assistant
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 20, 2017
Perfect job for a Master student to take care of monthly expense while helping his fellow professor with their research. HR is really friendly and professor supportive. Overall nice experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at San Diego State University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4